šŸŒŗ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Blooming with the Moon

I agree with you @Susurrus. Iā€™m all over the palce like an unsupervised 3 year old in a lolly shop. My energy feels like a bug zapper.

I felt it really strongly yesterday when I was working on some law of attraction incantations. (Iā€™m trying to win a radio competition - Iā€™ll either get a restraining order from the radio station Iā€™ve tried calling so much or Iā€™ll go mad with trying :rofl:) but I felt it big time. I just knew the energy was mine. I havenā€™t felt that before it was surreal.

I get what you mean there may well be a conundrum to un-cerfuddle. So do I keep it simple and work some basic moon magick? Or make it a little more compli-ma-catedā€¦

My first thoughts went to moonstones.

I know most of you will remember I took my claddagh ring off for the first time and kept it off when I broke up with my ex. Long story short I have slowly been replacing every single ring and my necklace.

It may seem silly but I just didnā€™t want jewelry touching my skin that he held my hand or kissed my neck or whatever. If that makes sense? I didnā€™t think all the cleansing on this earth would shift his energy off them. 15 years I had the same rings and necklace on and they were there and a part of my relationship with him. The more I thought about it. The more I didnā€™t want them any more. A fresh start I guess. Plus bouns buying sparkly pretty things. Spending my own money on me. Not him. Also a bonus.

But I have noticed a pattern. Moonstones. Me likey moonstones. And one poor lonely Labradorite. Well moonstones are the stones to support new beginnings and changes.

I found this little quote on Pinterest tonight:

Image source: Pinterest

I have found that I have been feeling like a funky little monkey lately. Light one minute. Dark the next. I havenā€™t been able to pull out my usual brightness and exuberance lately. I just feel like Iā€™ve come so far then got myself stuck and Iā€™ve stopped growing.

Iā€™m thinking with next weekā€™s full moon I might do some jewelry enchantments on my moonstone rings for a little self-love, self-worth boost. Help kick start the growth process again. Maybe come out on the other side a little more myself again.

15 Likes

Huh. Iā€™ll have to go through my green witchery info and see what kind of magic I can do with my dried flowers. Iā€™ve for lavender, chamomile, and roses. I should be able to shake something up for this weekend and the full moon! Thanks for the great challenge!

12 Likes

Some flowers take time to bloom. As I mentioned, Iā€™ve been studying some programming languages to acquire the skills I need for a job that is something other than retail. I wish things were moving along quicker, but gaining mastery over them is going to take some time, anywhere from several months to a few years. Considering I have other obligations in my daily life, such as work and family, and canā€™t be studying all day and everyday, I can see why it would take that long.
Writing and casting some sort of spell for patience is something I need, right now. :thinking:

12 Likes

Yay!!! What perfect timing for this particular challenge as I was just gifted a moon magick kit!

My plan is to make Water of Notre Dame with petals from the white climbing rose thatā€™s currently in bloom

and then combining the suggested ritual included with Flower Moon Spell

Looking forward to this one! :full_moon:

15 Likes

Looking forward to Moon magick, I love it! Cant wait to participate.

13 Likes

@jessica72 Iā€™m a wreck honestly, it feels like just mixed & scattered & today was worse than yesterday. Iā€™m not my normal self either! I thought it was the weather here or something because itā€™s just so heavy & scattered. Makes sense why :triquetra: the Morrigan :raven: showed up again thoughā€¦ & I know what to do, Iā€™m not so lost, I guess is the word Iā€™m looking forā€¦ self-love :heartpulse: seems to be on the to-do list for the full moonā€¦ alsoā€¦ my recent crystal loves are Labradorite & Larvikite with Tigerā€™s Eye stones. I have them all over my altar right now :rofl: Then I have a bowl of unknownsā€¦ the ones that stump me no matter how many times I look at them, hold themā€¦ :joy: Then the orange selenite bowl of ā€œbladesā€ Kyanites in blue, black, pink, orange. Even my altar is scatteredā€¦ I have turtles :turtle:, hearts :heart:, moons :waning_crescent_moon: , worry stones, palm stones, coins :coin:, flip flops :thong_sandal: , logs, spheres, bowls, plates, wandsā€¦ I really need to get it together though.

I feel a theme coming on for the full moonā€¦ self-love :heart: & appreciation & cleaning up my space while I have my regular crystals & waters :droplet: & jewelry out under the moon :full_moon: I think a nice meditation :woman_in_lotus_position: outside if itā€™s not raining. Iā€™m hoping the weather gets better. Weā€™ve had so much wind :wind_face: & then an unexpected downpour :cloud_with_rain: overnight that was out of nowhere.

Not to mention yesterday in my area was so tense. We had an active shooter that started as a domestic violence call. One of my children knows the 2 parties involved. & a coworker/friend of my son & husband got into a car accident & totaled his car so since then my energy & everything has been heightened. It was a half-day at the school so my daughter was with her friend, but still, these things donā€™t happen here! Which turned into today I couldnā€™t separate my energy from my husbandā€™s who wasnā€™t having a great day at work. I took it on as my own & somehow it was my fault but I had to tell myself that it wasnā€™t because I am not there & have nothing to do with his workday.

Iā€™m telling you scattered & mixed & everywhere! :exploding_head:

Enough ramblingā€¦ :rofl: so yes. Charge, cleanse self-love :heartpulse:, self-appreciation, rest. (If I figure out that last one I will let you know what to do or post a step by step guide :face_with_hand_over_mouth: )

16 Likes

Goodness @Susurrus! Iā€™d be scattered too! You have good reason to be upset! Take care of yourself, love! This moon is for you, thatā€™s for sure!

14 Likes

Oh @Susurrus no wonder your energy is feeling so scattered. You have a good number of very good reasons to feel as you do. Let alone being an emapth in all that just throws a hurricane into the tornado vortex of craziness. Iā€™m so sorry things have been so hectic for you.

I truly hope you can find some time to stop, centre, find a little grounding to take some time for yourself. Yes 100% some self-appreciation is what you need to try and focus on. Because you truly are a beautiful and caring person who deserves so much love and light. Goodness knows we all truly appreciate you and what you do for so many in this group.

Sending you a very big hug xxx

15 Likes

I am going to work on self love as well. I was thinking about it and about how, and I came here this morning and saw loads of inspiration in this area. Well one thing I am certainly going to do is making a love bracelet ( with rose bath) I still have enough rose quarts beads, and I will maybe combine them with little moonstones. It seems like a nice combination with something I allready do. I am very curious if this bracelet will feel different when I wear it, and then I will have a new tool to infuse my juwelry with extra intentions.
I also will make a love spell jar and love oil.

And this afternoon I will start with joining you with a cup of self love tea! :blush:

13 Likes

@jessica72 I also realized last night with a friend that not only are we coming up on the full moon, itā€™s a supermoon & a total lunar eclipse, AND itā€™s Mercury Retrograde while being an empathā€¦ this hurricane just turned into a tornado :rofl: :tornado:

Thank you! I love hugs! :people_hugging:

11 Likes

I just read something interesting while trying to figure out what Iā€™m going to do for this challenge. Did any of you know that as the moon is waxing and becomes full, leaf growth is accelerated due to extra exposure to the light of the moon? Just a little gardening tip from the kindle unlimited book Moon Magic by Diane Ahlquist.

12 Likes

More Moon Magick might include, that with a little tweaking, plants from the Earth could grow in lunar ā€˜soilā€™.
In other words, the Lunar Goddess supports extraterrestrial life forms, and spiritual or physical re-awakenings. Possibly, for some, a bringer of hope in dark times!

Scientists grew plants in moon soil for first time ever. Hereā€™s why itā€™s ā€˜astounding.ā€™ (msn.com)

12 Likes

Am really going to participate in this week challenge and to be honest, though am a bit shy to say it :hugs:
But am going to be performing the rekindle love spell cause I and my partner seems to be growing apart
I pray he accept to do it together with me
Wish me luckā€‹:grin::grin::grin::grin::green_heart::green_heart:

14 Likes

This weekend I plan on spending a night out by the fire and working with the moon. I love spending nights like this and this is going to be very relaxing, I can already feel it!!!

13 Likes

I was reading a post from @Eliza_01 about creating a bond with your tarot deck. There was some great information about the many ways to do it. I am going to put my tarot deck under the light of the full moon this weekend. I just purchased a new deck and itā€™s waterproof so I donā€™t have to worry about the dew messing up the cards!

11 Likes

11 Likes

So i know its not tge tradition way ppl do the moon cycle but i get confused so much when looking at oracle cards and rhe moon stage is in waning or waxing moon cause its opposite in South hemisphere. Id been wanting to do something like my own moon oracle cards showing the moon image in south hemispher instead of trying to have to translate the card to what it would be in south hemisphere. Ie if its a waning moon but it looks like our waxing moon in my head i have to change the image in my head so it majes sense oterwise im linking it to the wring moon stage. Kinda like how the seasons according to north hemisphere i have trouble wuth because it doesnt make sense in my head based on whar i see around meā€¦
Suffice it to say Iā€™ve yet to mabage the oracle cards yet but i thought in honor on full moon that id do some art magic based on moon cycle but also using energy of full moon. I looked up colour correspondances to use in painting and started with only the idea of moon cycles in my mind and maybe drawing on a lil bit of chaos magic in seeing how the image would play out. . Its not perfect n i think if id spent more than a few hours on it maybe could of dobe a better job, in back of mind i knew i had lots of stuff to do but wanted to intentionally take a break to honor tge full moon and do a spell to help with current circumstances. Im going to put the painting up as well as it would be nice to display some of my art in the place to inspire me to take more time out at times to do art not just wishing i could.

14 Likes

You did a beautiful job @Phoenix_Fire!

9 Likes

Okay, I finally figured out what Iā€™m doing for the Full Moon and for this challenge. Iā€™ll probably cast it Sunday since Iā€™ve got a doctorā€™s appointment on Monday, those always tire me out. I hope yā€™all like it!

Flower Healing Spell

This spell is for general healing and health. Bring together chamomile for healing, lavender for purifications, and dried roses for positive energy.

Charge them with energy however you do it and crush them together in a mortar and pestle, mixing them up all the while visualizing the illness or sore shrinking.

Get a white candle for healing and anointing oil. Iā€™m using a blessing oil by Art of the Root. Dress your candle and any leftover flowers can be sprinkled in a circle around it on a plate.

Light the candle and say:

ā€œI call on the flowers of the Earth,
to bring healing energies for all that they are worth.
Bless this working with your growth,
and may it follow the Hippocratic oath.ā€

Let the candle burn down, putting it out if you need to but relighting it when you can.

16 Likes

That is beautiful @Amethyst!

10 Likes