šŸˆā€ā¬› Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Cat Magick

That was beautiful to read! I love the interpretation of it all! The meaning behind it is key! Thank you so much Ben, I enjoyed your view of the subject! :pray:

7 Likes

Last night, I diffused some Frankincense essential oil and invoked Bast with her devotional chant.

I started the spell for cat health by setting out a small statue of Bast. In front of it, I sat down some tigerā€™s eye stones, a small wad of my kittyā€™s fur (that I collected from brushing her), and a bag of catnip. The Little Book of Cat Magick recommended calendula, rosemary, lemon grass or lavender for this ritual, but since I was working with Bast, catnip felt more appropriate. I thought my kitty would smell the catnip and would join me (and I would have to quickly turn off my diffuser), but I think she was exhausted from chasing a fly that had gotten in. :smile_cat:

I then dressed a blue candle with frankincense oil, wrote my kittyā€™s name on the candle with a match and lit it.
I chanted the recommended prayer (with a few modifications) three times:

Great Goddess Bast, she who watches over cats
watch over mine and keep her healthy
Let her be strong and able
Keep illness and trouble far away
And let her live to a comfortable old age
With your love and blessing
Great Goddess Bast, she who watches over cats
watch over mine and keep her healthy

6 Likes

Iā€™ve struggled hard with what to do for the weekly challenge considering I am not a cat person but I did find a recipe for Catnip tea hair rinse And since I just colored my hair a few days ago I thought Iā€™d give it a try

How to Brew:

1. Bring 3-4 cups water to a boil in a pot.

2. Turn off heat and add 1 tsp catnip per cup of boiled water.*

3. Cover and let steep until lukewarm or overnight.

4. Tap off the condensation from the pot lid to retain the essential oils.

5. Strain out the leaves, then if desired add a pinch of citric acid.

*Other herbs may also be brewed with the catnip, such as lavender for a lovely scent or rosemary and sage for covering grey. The tea will keep in the refrigerator for a week.

Both leaves and flower buds (as found in commercial packages) may be used. However if harvesting your own catnip to dry, the buds are purported to offer more conditioning.

Procedure for Use as a Rinse:

1. Shampoo as usual and blot hair dry with a towel.

2. Soak hair in a bowl of catnip tea for a couple of minutes, pouring the tea over scalp several times.

3. Once hair and scalp are saturated, cover with a plastic shower cap and leave on hair for an hour.

4. Rinse the catnip from hair with warm water.*

I did this while video chatting with my 8 year old nephew is who is autistic and non verbal but he loves his aunt phoenix and his favorite thing for me to do is read him Pete the cat and his white shoes

I suppose this counts as magic cause it calmed him down enough for my sister to finish her class assignment while we read Pete the cat 4 times in a row :woman_shrugging:t3:

Btw my hair feels absolutely amazing which is incredible because I fried it from bleaching it to achieve the purple color I had in it a few months ago

(I look awful and Iā€™ll need yā€™all to excuse it but between pregnancy and covid I just couldnā€™t get myself to fix my face)

9 Likes

Iā€™ve spent this afternoon gainfully employed crafting my own kitty companion.

Iā€™ve only needle felted once before and that was using a polystyrene body as a base. This kitty was made from a kit but all felted from wool.

Heā€™s not quite the same as the picture on the box but Iā€™m actually really happy with how heā€™s turned out. Iā€™ve decided to call him Salem (yes I watched too much Sabrina as a kid).

I was pleased to read in @Susurrusā€™s post above that cats are associated with Diana, one of my Goddesses, so Iā€™m dedicating him to her with a request for her guidance and protection, hoping she will appreciate him.

12 Likes

@IrisW i love the kitty you made. It turned out beautifully

8 Likes

Hereā€™s the link for my separate thread for this challenge: My cat magick challenge entry šŸˆ

6 Likes

šŸˆā€ā¬› Happy International Cat Day! šŸˆā€ā¬›

8 Likes

That is a wealth of info on Cat Magick- thanks for sharing, @Susurrus! May Cat Magick make a wonderful addition to your BoS! :black_cat: :open_book:

So glad you and your kitty had a lovely shared meditation together, @RyuWyn! Wishing you all the best with your protection spell- youā€™re very welcome, and blessed be! :sparkling_heart:

Thanks again for the great post about whiskers for Cat Magick, @Limeberry! It was inspurrational :smile_cat::two_hearts:

Thank you for sharing your Cat Magick wisdom, @moonshadow- it sounds like you have been blessed with some lovely experiences with cats! :cat: Wishing the same to you- hope you had a wonderful International Cat Day :tada:

Stevie is a sweetie, @praecog29- and it sounds like she helps you to think outside of the box, sheā€™s a creative inspiration! :black_cat: :sparkles: I remember living on Poland time when I was in the USA to stay in touch across the miles- romance is wonderful, but sleep is important too, my friend! :laughing: Hope you were able to get some good rest :pray::zzz:

Thanks for sharing the recipe, @Princess_Tara, and Iā€™m so glad you were able to help your auntā€™s kitty! Wishing her all the best with her continued recovery, I am sure she is very grateful for your help and care :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

That sounds like such a lovely ritual @Kasandra- a shame that sometimes our furry spell companions have schedules of their own (and flys to chase!) :joy_cat: Iā€™m sure your kitty felt your energy and appreciated that you were working in her honor :blush: May Bast watch over and protect you both!

Ooooh that catnip hair rinse sounds lovely, @phoenix_dawn- what a great uses for catnip and several other healing herbs! :herb::heart: It sounds like it worked really well, and it must be potent indeed to work on dyed hair too! You are rocking that purple color btw- I love it :purple_heart: :blush:

Your felted kitty came out amazing, @IrisW- and I canā€™t believe itā€™s only your second needle craft, you really have a talent for it! :clap::two_hearts: May Diana watch over you and Salem (thatā€™s a great name for him!)

And yes- wishing a very happy (belated) International Cat Day to all the cat lovers in the forum!

:cat2: :heart: :black_cat: :sparkles:

7 Likes

Itā€™s friendly reminder time!

:exclamation: This challenge will close TOMORROW :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and havenā€™t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline: Tomorrow: August 10th, 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

Blessed be! :black_cat: :heart:

4 Likes

I have a short spell that I made up for this weekā€™s challenge entry. I wanted to do something special since I have Max, my furry overlord. I tried to take a picture of the ingredients but couldnā€™t, the flash kept messing up, so hereā€™s a picture of Max instead:

Hope yā€™all like the spell.

Cat Courage Spell.

Ingredients:

Tiger Eye crystal for courage.
Cat Claws for protection.
Cat Fur for comfort.

Put everything in a charm bag and chant:

Lady Bast, grant me the courage to go about my day
So I may honor you in every way.
Give me the courage of the lion stalking her prey,
The protection of her claws to keep enemies at bay.
And finally, as the sun is setting at the end of the day,
Wrap me up in comfort and watch over me, I pray.

Blessed be.

12 Likes

Fabulous Spell and Max looks like a very lovely overlord :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Another wonderful challenge! I try to find ways to incorporate my kitty with my magical workings because she seems to be extra curious during those times. For this challenge I decided to do the Protection Spell for Pets. I began with some grounding and meditation like I usually do and she decided to sit next to me and meditate as well (at least thatā€™s what I felt like she was doing as she purred with her eyes closed). After the protection spell, I got down to her level and held her paw while I told her how Iā€™m so grateful for her and how much she means to the family. I also told her that I appreciate the Leo energy from her distant big cat ancestors and asked that she would help me remember that when needed. I think she understood. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I always tell her, her own story of how we found each other and how she came to have such a long name (Lucky Diva Baby Kitty). I am sure sheā€™s tired of hearing it but I tell her all the time anyway LOL! Sometimes she will roll her eyes and sometimes sheā€™ll give a snuggle when I retell it. Sheā€™s the best little companion. I do wish she would be open to having other 4 legged brothers or sisters but I think thatā€™s just her little diva way of saying ā€œIā€™m all you need!ā€ lol

Thank you @Susurrus for the cat magick info! Iā€™ve kept a few of her whiskers from time to time but never thought of using them! And claws too!

11 Likes

I always forget to lump my responses to multiple posts into one! I have a lot so thankfully remembered this time!

@amethyst Thank you for sharing the spell and Max is so cute!

@Iris wow - thatā€™s really cool! You did that in one afternoon?!

@phoenix_dawn I think reading to your nephew is absoutely magical! youā€™re speaking words out and allowing him to create and see a whole world in his mind

@kasandra thatā€™s a great idea! I have a little Bast statue as well so I may do the devotional and pray as well

@praecog29 I donā€™t think what youā€™ve concluded to be pessimism either. I think itā€™s actually quite freeing and allows us the space and room to grow even more!

@crystal24 thank you for sharing the salve recipe!

@RyuWyn such beautiful kitties and I love their names

@mary25 oh boy!! hopefully kitty is feeling a bit less anxious and more comfortable today

@sharonD I miss Catahoulas! I used to have neighbors in Louisiana that had them. Sweet pups and yours is beautiful

13 Likes

Also with the weekly witchy challenge in the comments section of my post she gave me a link for a tutorial on how to Link the challenge directly in your post. I will be using it for next weeks challenge!

6 Likes

Your welcome. I hope you find it useful

6 Likes

Ā”Gracias! :cat2: :black_cat:

6 Likes

Thanks, @IrisW! Heā€™s my baby!

@robin77 Lucky Diva Baby Kitty is sweet-looking! Sometimes one cat is more than enough!

And thank you for this! Iā€™m glad you like the spell, and Max too!

6 Likes

Iā€™ve had a lot going on this week so I took it the easy route this week for the challenge. Last night I made a cup of Calming Catnip Herbal tea from Scratch Mommy and set up my altar to perform the Moon in Leo Meditation from here on Spell8. I was of course joined by my two cats, Lord Nibbler and Bender, as they usually come join me when I meditate. I didnā€™t take any pictures as I was trying to be in the moment.

The tea was relaxing and, with a bit of honey, was pleasant to my taste buds. It helped me relax after the hectic week/weekend that I had. Catnip is a member of the mint family (doesnā€™t taste like it!) and helps calms nervous energy due to anxiety or promote a restful nightā€™s sleep. I will be keeping this recipe in my deck of tricks for when insomnia hits as it helped get me to sleep last night.

The Moon in Leo meditation has to be one of my favorites by far. I had a huge sense of pride and encouragement when the lion entered the stage and showed his support for me. Having the new moon in Leo is a perfect time for me to set new intentions on building my personal strength and courage.

7 Likes

A link to my weekly witchy challenge- Cat Magick Is down below Invoking the Feline Cat Challenge šŸˆ

7 Likes

I donā€™t have any cats except my stuffed one, Nermal, so I cleansed him, set him on my altar and we said a prayer for my sweet old lady baby who crossed the rainbow bridge a week ago

15 Likes