šŸˆā€ā¬› Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Cat Magick

Son tan preciosos! cual es Sakura?

3 Likes

Oh yeah, the air pressurizer :sweat_smile: I have that in my arsenal!! My cat actually sleeps with my mom. First, sheā€™ll massage my mother, itā€™s so weird but I think that itā€™s because the comforter is soft. I guess. Sheā€™ll do that for about 20 mins, then lie down and clean herself. Then sleep with an ear out for every tiny sound!

7 Likes

@christina4 Iā€™m so glad you can use the salve for your kitty. It is totally cat safe. If I didnā€™t explain anything well enough just let me know. Or if you canā€™t read my hand writing :joy:

6 Likes

Aww, theyā€™re gorgeous @RyuWyn!

Cats knead, make biscuits, or massage when they want to feel comfortable. Itā€™s cute when youā€™re watching it but painful sometimes when youā€™re on the receiving end of it! LOL.

9 Likes

Everything is fine!! If I can read my intelligible hand writing, I can read anybodyā€™s! But really, thank you!!

5 Likes

I went back & forth with what to do for this challenge. At first, I thought I would do the prayer for a pet that has passed. Our kitty passed away a few years ago. She was my sonā€™s best friend, so it was a tough time when she passed. We have her ashes, though & had a couple of picture books made of her & her adventures through the neighborhood.

Then I thought I might do something with some Catnip. I was looking at what its best uses were, & nothing really piqued my interest or anything. So I turned to Pinterest & searched for Cat Magic. I found this:

I will print it for my Book of Shadows & saved it to my Witchy Stuffs Pinterest board. It has a lot of good information about the correspondences/associations for the cat & uses for them in spells & rituals.

My grandmother had a calico cat for years. Her name was Mindy. I remember thinking how pretty she was & elegant. I never met another cat like her.

10 Likes

Thank you and @Amethyst

6 Likes

Sakura es la gata Ginger :cat2:

I adopted them, not knowing what I was going to get. I feel so blessed with their company :3

@BryWisteria we did meditate last night. When I was about to begin he went away to drink water, I started anyways and then he joined me. Lovely meditation I must say.

Iā€™m planning to get the brown candle today and cast the protection spell this sunday.

Thanks again for this challenge! :black_cat: :cat2:

7 Likes

Finally had a chance to get started on this challenge! :heart_eyes_cat:

6 Likes

Iā€™m curious to learn what you do as Iā€™m not a cat person either

6 Likes

Cat magic is beautiful and natural. The black cat is the most common familiar witches have. A familiar comes in many forms (mine happens to be a little dog who thinks he is a cat lol.) The symbolism of a cat portrays every aspect of human nature. My good friend considers her cat she named Trixie as her spiritual guardian. I remember the first full moon ritual I did with someone else was with her and Trixie made herself present in our circle. She lay there between us watching everything we did. When we were done Trixie looked up at us like we had her approval and proceeded to go back inside of the house.
When a cat rubs against you itā€™s not just asking for affection and love. The cat is sharing its magical astral force with you. If you push the cat away you are then blocking this positive energy itā€™s trying to share. The cat will use its powerful aura field to rid negative energy. The cat will trap the negative entity in its energy and send it away. When a cat senses a spirit it will watch it and may follow it around to see its intentions. A cat is a messenger so pay close attention to it, observe it to see if it returns to the same spot, and stare at it, (this could be a sign of a negative entity). To help the cat rid of it, you can read a prayer or do a cleansing ritual at that spot.
A cat will also protect you from curses or a spell that someone else put on you. When you feel like you are experiencing a negative attack you can put your hand on it and stroke it from neck to tail to give you full contact. Your energy will merge with it and you will be encased within a powerful force field that will protect you from these attacks. Black cats provide the best magical protection against occult powers and curses, whiles white cats will help you create lunar magic and their healing powers are considered a good omen. Happy international cat day!
-much love and many blessings

10 Likes

Hnet.com-image (1)

I decided to go a different route with this. The only thing :black_cat: Stevie loves more than playing fetch (when sheā€™s not trying to make me look like a liar) is chasing her laser pointer. She knows the light on the floor isnā€™t a bug. When I stop the light she looks at me to start again. She knows where the laser comes from; she bats at the toy when I am not playing with it. (Just as she brings me a ball for fetch and drops it at my feet.) She canā€™t make it work on her own, though. To her, the light is magic.

As I study religions and rituals and magical thinking one thing becomes more and more clear to me. Even with hundreds of thousands of years of evolution behind us, we are still no closer to understanding anything beyond us.

We donā€™t really know ourselves and it is impossible to fully know another person. Yet somehow we believe we can understand vague ideas of divinity. We know where the laser light comes from, we can even bat at the toys (the rituals), but in the end the gift of life and the pursuit of the divine are still magic to us.

We chase the light wherever it leads us. For some it leads to demonolatry, to others technomancy, to others eclectic Christianity, to others Wicca or some form of paganism, etc. And even in each branch of faith no two people can agree. Are we all right? Are we all wrong? Does it matter when we have the catā€™s view of the laser pointer?

I donā€™t think this is pessimism. I think this is freeing realism. It doesnā€™t matter that the devil is a made up character overused in popular culture. It doesnā€™t matter if crystals are smooth or rough. It doesnā€™t matter what the candle color is or what music is played in the background. What matters is how real are these things to us? How close do they bring us to the divine?

Stevie doesnā€™t care that itā€™s all magic to her. She cares that she is having fun and spending time with her caregiver. It doesnā€™t matter if our beliefs donā€™t line up, if we donā€™t all agree, if we make up things based on the beliefs of others, etc. What matters is we are spending quality time with our creator.

Bonus points to anyone that can make anything of that ā€œrambling, incoherent responseā€ (YouTube link) I just wrote. (I am on UK time while trying to live in America so I get like 2 hours of sleep a night. The things we do for love, right?) I just knew when I saw Stevie playing with that light tonight, she didnā€™t care that it wasnā€™t a real bug, she knew there was something more going on, but what mattered to her was I was there controlling the magic :sparkles: and she was merely tapping into it to be close to me.

15 Likes

My aunt have lots of cats. I went to visit her yesterday and found that one of her Cat is cursed. She is unwell for last 2 months and unable to walk properly for lack of balance.

I prepared this oil and used it on her. Today I her walking steadily and their doctor was asking me about my treatment because she is recovering from her illness.

Here is the oil:

Reference: https://www.sacredwicca.com/

12 Likes

This was lovely to read - it made a lot of sense to me :blush: I donā€™t see it as pessimistic either, I see it as faith based.

Stevie is such a sweet cat, my cats are old and lazy now so they donā€™t do so much anymore :joy:

Get some more sleep.

7 Likes

That was beautiful to read! I love the interpretation of it all! The meaning behind it is key! Thank you so much Ben, I enjoyed your view of the subject! :pray:

7 Likes

Last night, I diffused some Frankincense essential oil and invoked Bast with her devotional chant.

I started the spell for cat health by setting out a small statue of Bast. In front of it, I sat down some tigerā€™s eye stones, a small wad of my kittyā€™s fur (that I collected from brushing her), and a bag of catnip. The Little Book of Cat Magick recommended calendula, rosemary, lemon grass or lavender for this ritual, but since I was working with Bast, catnip felt more appropriate. I thought my kitty would smell the catnip and would join me (and I would have to quickly turn off my diffuser), but I think she was exhausted from chasing a fly that had gotten in. :smile_cat:

I then dressed a blue candle with frankincense oil, wrote my kittyā€™s name on the candle with a match and lit it.
I chanted the recommended prayer (with a few modifications) three times:

Great Goddess Bast, she who watches over cats
watch over mine and keep her healthy
Let her be strong and able
Keep illness and trouble far away
And let her live to a comfortable old age
With your love and blessing
Great Goddess Bast, she who watches over cats
watch over mine and keep her healthy

6 Likes

Iā€™ve struggled hard with what to do for the weekly challenge considering I am not a cat person but I did find a recipe for Catnip tea hair rinse And since I just colored my hair a few days ago I thought Iā€™d give it a try

How to Brew:

1. Bring 3-4 cups water to a boil in a pot.

2. Turn off heat and add 1 tsp catnip per cup of boiled water.*

3. Cover and let steep until lukewarm or overnight.

4. Tap off the condensation from the pot lid to retain the essential oils.

5. Strain out the leaves, then if desired add a pinch of citric acid.

*Other herbs may also be brewed with the catnip, such as lavender for a lovely scent or rosemary and sage for covering grey. The tea will keep in the refrigerator for a week.

Both leaves and flower buds (as found in commercial packages) may be used. However if harvesting your own catnip to dry, the buds are purported to offer more conditioning.

Procedure for Use as a Rinse:

1. Shampoo as usual and blot hair dry with a towel.

2. Soak hair in a bowl of catnip tea for a couple of minutes, pouring the tea over scalp several times.

3. Once hair and scalp are saturated, cover with a plastic shower cap and leave on hair for an hour.

4. Rinse the catnip from hair with warm water.*

I did this while video chatting with my 8 year old nephew is who is autistic and non verbal but he loves his aunt phoenix and his favorite thing for me to do is read him Pete the cat and his white shoes

I suppose this counts as magic cause it calmed him down enough for my sister to finish her class assignment while we read Pete the cat 4 times in a row :woman_shrugging:t3:

Btw my hair feels absolutely amazing which is incredible because I fried it from bleaching it to achieve the purple color I had in it a few months ago

(I look awful and Iā€™ll need yā€™all to excuse it but between pregnancy and covid I just couldnā€™t get myself to fix my face)

9 Likes

Iā€™ve spent this afternoon gainfully employed crafting my own kitty companion.

Iā€™ve only needle felted once before and that was using a polystyrene body as a base. This kitty was made from a kit but all felted from wool.

Heā€™s not quite the same as the picture on the box but Iā€™m actually really happy with how heā€™s turned out. Iā€™ve decided to call him Salem (yes I watched too much Sabrina as a kid).

I was pleased to read in @Susurrusā€™s post above that cats are associated with Diana, one of my Goddesses, so Iā€™m dedicating him to her with a request for her guidance and protection, hoping she will appreciate him.

12 Likes

@IrisW i love the kitty you made. It turned out beautifully

8 Likes

Hereā€™s the link for my separate thread for this challenge: My cat magick challenge entry šŸˆ

6 Likes