🕒 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Catch-Up!

:prayer_beads: A Healthy Dose of Crystals – Crystal Healer

I chose you, “Crystal Healer” for my second challenge. :gem:

I’m shining a light on my emotional issue of financial scarcity. It’s a mindset that is adversely affecting my wellbeing. I could blame Covid but I believe it inherited this emotion/reaction from my Dad. It has served me well in the past with saving money and being prepared but I’m finding lately an increase of unhelpful thoughts and fears.

My level of worry about running out of money not being able to afford medical support for my husband are not inline with reality.

To help heal this old trauma I’ve created a crystal grid and word cloud to remind me of all the abundance and support of I have access to.

Material used for grid include:
Grandmother’s two brooches- she knew how to balance saving & spending
glass faceted crystal ball- unlimited streams of income
our wedding bands- supportive partnership
green adventine- develop health patterns
ocean jasper-embrace self are
yellow calcite- reassurance
honey calcite- learning skills
apricot banded agate- stability
citrine-joy, joy and more joy
bismar- prevent overwhelm with responsibility

Cheers :triskele: :deciduous_tree: :two_hearts:

9 Likes

I did this too :joy:
So many fun challenges to catch up on, but it’ll have to wait until next time!

7 Likes

My two Catch-Up Challenges are: Holistic Magick: A Witch’s Apothecary and Kitchen Witchery

This is the beginnings of my herb garden! I have some Lavender’s, Rosemary, Mints, Basil, and Marjoram. And just started some seeds like: Chamomile, Hyssop, Calendula, and Cone Flowers, and Fennel, oregano, Sage, and Thyme.

These are herbs I bought for spell jars, candles, and teas. Some essential oils and dried rose petals. I just started, but definitely want to just grow my own herbs and dry them.

I made these intention candles for self-love, cleansing, and healing.

I made this tea which is really good with Hibiscus, Rosehips, Elderberry, Star Anise, and Cinnamon, and top it with dried orange slices. I like to dry my fruit that way I can have a quantity on hand without all the fruit spoiling.

8 Likes

My challenge entry for this week is here: https://forum.spells8.com/t/my-weekly-witchy-challenge-catch-up-entry-enchanting-chants/19015

Love,
BB

6 Likes

For my 2 challenges I am choosing Sacred Trees and Wood, and Making Magickal Offerings.

1. Sacred Trees and Wood: I made some ornaments during Yule. I used the wood burning tool on 2 of them and the sun I used a fine point sharpie. I don’t know what kind of wood these are, I bought them on the internet.

My husband cut a thin slab off our Yule log and I just finished sanding it today. It is sooo smooth I can’t stop rubbing it! I believe the log is Oak. I am going to burn a pentagram on it and use it for an altar tile. I will post pics of that one when its finished. I saved my Yule log to use again before I decide to burn it.

I included my pentagram incense burner in the picture because its wood and Its inspiring for the star I’m going to make on my yule slice. :wink:

1. Making Magickal Offerings:
    My wonderful husband gifted me a Freya statue for Yule. She is so beautiful. I bought her a cat bowl for her offerings. I have some of her favorite things: citrine, rose quartz, moonstone, incense, chocolates, and a candle that I burn for her. I chose pink because Friday is Freya’s day and I burn a pink candle every friday.

I put fresh flowers out for her sometimes. I change her items when I get the feeling she wants a change. I reuse some items like the dried flowers, I eat some items like the chocolates, I burn her incense for her sometimes and I add the ashes to my ash collection.

Thanks for reading :pentacle_tarot:
BB :rose: :astrology_earth:

10 Likes

For this challenge I decided to work towards the offering challenge [:open_hands: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Making Magickal Offerings] and Thrifty Witch too! (👐 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Making Magickal Offerings)
Only I am doing this challenge in regards to the

My and family Got together this weekend and went out to Chinese food because my mom used to love Chinese food and Mexican food. She loved La Traviata which was a very old opera. She like watching her Novelas. She likes to see it so I put a pillow she made on the alter! This will encourage my creativity too! This weekend Was her birthday on January 31 so this is why I decided to do this for this challenge! I felt it was appropriate!
I wrote down a prayer for her or a letter to her Praying for her and her soul while she is in crossing after passing. She was a Rose that withered away and know her remains are on the earth!
I trust that she’s looking over me and her spirit is bright like the light and her spirit will carry on.
I left out an offering for her which was her favorite Spanish rice and tacos for the offering. She was a Catholic woman who never judged anyone she would be happy I am happy. She prayed, her rosary all the time and I still have her rosary that I put on the altar. I made some more offerings I picked a white pure white rose which Resembles her purity. I died a green rose with food coloring die for color magic. And her ashes will carry on in the earth. I made a blue rose for any healing that she needs to carry on! I left out some red Pedals for the love that I have for her!
I burnt some frankincense Resin healer of old wounds says Cyndi Brannen a Book called Entering Hekate’s Garden! I allowed the smoke to burn and she will hear my prayers from the smoke I burned.
I put a tea candle under the burner to burn the incense.
I made some oil called Olemum Spirita oil used for a full moon using
Only here it is

I also did the death walking ritual using the oil just like it says in the text

I feel more connected after using the death walking oil. It was a long process, however, I feel it helps to visit my mom in her realm. I feel it’s a strong Botanical and I believe it to help! I met her there at the crossroads, she’s young again and she’s happy waiting in limbo and she’s looking like she is free of suffering! She lived to 87 so I am happy she’s on the other side of summer land.
I did some candle magick I used thyme for strength to move on.
Rosemary for connection to spirits! I sent her LOVE and wrote it down on the candle!
I thanked Hekate for her guidance and I thanked my mom for connecting with me! I know she is safe and protected! Torista

It’s been a while since I did not spill but I really loved how you used rhyming with your spell awesome job

Amethyst-I’m so glad to hear that you’re all caught up girl that is super!

Janis- Awesome I know you have great talent with the crystals! Hope you feel encouraged!

Siofra- Your Awsome all caught up the good job!

Garnet- such great wisdom, I read your poem to my family members! They all loved it :laughing:

Mistella- I love your alter cloth what a stag! Blessed by the moon!

Kassandra- I see you like Aphrodite me too reminds me to do self-care! :princess:

Mary25 - Great book :books:

Jessica- I loved your crystal entry you are very knowledgeable, you did great!
If I missed you well I catch you later!
For my next entry it’s for the thrifty witch :money_with_wings: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- The Thrifty Witch!

I got these left and right hands to represent the opposing forces and I felt drawn towards these hands. What do you think the hands represent?
I believe it’s like an amulet and a defense against the evil eye :eye: Or like the opposite forces left-hand and right-hand path?
I believe they were 2.99 apiece but I love the theme! They have meaning to me they represent much more!
And I found many candles for a good price like and ten pack for like 3 dollars :moneybag: I love shopping at the second hand shops for spells and my witchy particular things! this was a great challenge!
Jeannie

12 Likes

I’m not certain whether I’ll be able to manage two challenges this week, but I’ve started with 🐾 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Claws, Paws, Tails and Scales

For this challenge I took the opportunity to bless and cleanse my new statue of the Horned God and recited the Prayer to Cernunnos for Abundance

Just in case anyone wants it, I also turned the devotional text into a PDF:

Prayer to Cernunnos.pdf (143.6 KB)

11 Likes

I missed it :sweat_smile: that’s what I get for being busy!

8 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Thank you so much to everyone for sharing- I’m in awe at all of the amazing entries shared, spanning so many challenges! :star_struck:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : This post will remain open for continued discussion for a few more days, but no additional prizes will be given after today.

Blessed be! :clock3::sparkles:

4 Likes

@LadyAuld.ofChico Shadow work can be very intimidating indeed- I’m glad Brighid helped guide you through the process! :black_heart: It sounds like you found some heavy but important realizations in the cards. Between the shadow work with your tarot cards and the forgiveness journal work you did, these are both powerful challenge entries. Great work and thank you for sharing! :blush:

@Debra2 I’m sorry to hear you’ve been feeling stuck, Debra- I hope your beautiful Road Opener spellwork helps to invite in the abundance you are seeking! :pray: You’ve done nice work with your Oracle card spread as well. I know you’ve really been connecting with your cards lately, it seems that you have quite the skill with divination readings! :clap: Beautiful pictures and lovely spellwork- great job! :sparkles:

@Susurrus Good for you for diving back into the challenges that called to you, Siofra- it sounds like your Shadow Work was a tough process (it never is easy, is it- oh shadow work!) that helped you take another big step forward. I’m really proud of you and your inspirational journey of healing! :heart: Your incense turned out lovely as well- and what a nice touch that the jar was contributed by your daughter :blush: Beautiful work!

@Janis Ta-dah, look at those gorgeous crystals! :star_struck: Goodness you are so wonderfully organized. Everything looks so clean and neat, you could open your own crystal museum with all of those beauties! :gem: Financial stress is a very real concern, and I think the current situation in the world has definitely increased everyone’s awareness around their safety money. That is a beautiful crystal grid and I love your word cloud too! Your crystal collection and heartfelt crystal grids are an inspiration, Janis- well done!

@Kasandra Your wax candle reading and Phil the Groundhog agree- a shame about a long winter! I suppose we need to cheer ourselves up with the knowledge that our lovely springtime will get here eventually! :blossom: I’m glad SpongeBob and Patrick the tadpoles were okay and that they found a loving new home with you and your sister :frog: :two_hearts: As for your candle work, it sounds like you really bonded with Aphrodite- such a lovely Goddess to work with, especially at this time of year! I love the idea of decorating your altar in Her honor :rose::heart: Lovely tarot work as well- great job, Kasandra!

@christina4 Gorgeous wand, Christina- you’ve really made it your own! :magic_wand: Thanks for sharing- may your wand continue to serve you well :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Marsha Good for you for taking matters into your own hands and summoning your own sunshine! :sun: And with such lovely and bright crystals too :gem: As for the muse challenge, that is the perfect card- I’m glad connecting with your inner inspiration helped spark your creative flow! :star2: Great job and congrats on your first challenges- you’ve done wonderfully, thanks so much for joining in! :blush:

@Mary25 That looks like a great article, Mary- thanks for sharing it! You’ve done a great deep dive into the world of potions here and come up with some important revelations :sparkles: How interesting to include/prepare a reversal ahead of time- that’s a very interesting concept! Also a great point about being careful with crystals in potions, definitely something worth researching before including in potion work. All in all, beautifully explored and lovely spellwork, Mary! :heart: Thanks so much for sharing!

@HollyGray Look at that beautiful altar space of yours- that is stunning! :star_struck: And how powerful that the furniture you used to build your altar is so important to you, I think that makes it extra special :star: Great job, Holly- thanks for sharing!

@RyuWyn I’m glad you were able to deepen your bond with the moon, it sounds like a lovely bath meditation! :bathtub: :full_moon: The Chinese New Year celebration looks like a blast- I really love the lion dance! :star_struck: Congrats on exploring your Chinese zodiac and thanks so much for sharing the fun pictures! :fireworks: :blush:

@Mistella You embody the happiness challenge, Mistella- it sounds like you bring joy with you wherever you go! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I have no doubt that you are beloved by the residents you work with. And look at that Happiness Tree- I love it! :heart_eyes: Thank you for both this entry and for all the smiles that you bring! :heart:

@christine13 Beautiful garden and plants, Christine- as a fellow Green Witch I can attest that an herb garden is a wonderful part of an apothecary! :toolbox: :sparkles: You’ve got some very useful herbs and flowers in your living collection :seedling: Gorgeous candles and delicious tea too- your Kitchen Witchery skills are amazing! :bowl_with_spoon: Great job and thanks for sharing!

@BrightBear Thank you once again for your lovely challenge entry shared in the other thread, BrightBear! :heart:

@Sarafeena_Sage Ohhhhh your altar tile is coming along beautifully, Sarall- and how cool that it is a piece of your Yule Log! :evergreen_tree: :sparkles: If you don’t mind, I would love to see a picture of it when it’s all finished- it is so cool to see your talents with woodworking! :blush: What a stunning gift from your husband- that Freya statue is gorgeous :heart: You’ve offered Her some lovely gifts too, I am sure they are appreciated! Great work, Sarall! :raised_hands:

@Jeannie1 Beautiful ancestor altar and time spent honoring your mother’s memory, Jeannie. It sounds like the weekend was a celebration of all the things she loved and that you all had a nice time remembering her :heart: I am sure that, just like you say, she is watching over you with a smile :blush: The hand sculptures you found are gorgeous- wow! :star_struck: the patterns around their wrists remind me of Henna, but my best guess for the eye in the center is that they might be some kind of Eye of Protection :eye: I think you are right that the black and white symbolize opposing forces coming into balance :yin_yang: - it’s a great Thrift Witch find! Nice! :grinning: :+1:

@IrisW Your new statue of the Horned God is beautiful, Iris- it looks like it is meant to be there on your altar :candle::deer: Thank you so much for sharing and also for the PDF of the prayer- that’s a real gift! :pray::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@CelestiaMoon and @MeganB- No worries at all! :blush: Like moon phases and the Sabbats, there will always be another Catch-Up Challenge coming soon :spiral_calendar: :sparkles::grinning:

15 Likes

Beautiful! Thank you so much for the pdf, I love it!

7 Likes

Thank you @BryWisteria for the wonderful words, I am starting to feel quite connected with my cards, much appreciated. :tarot_card: :pentacle_tarot: :dizzy:

7 Likes

I was lucky :four_leaf_clover: to get some time for myself!
I hope you find some time for yourself to unwind.
Jeannie

6 Likes

Thank you Travel Witch! I always love a good find! Lol :laughing:
Jeannie

6 Likes

I would it if I may? To include my besom to the crafty challenge

7 Likes

@Debra2 You’re very welcome, Debra- your passion for the cards really shines through! It’s inspirational :sparkles::blush:

@Jeannie1 Cheers to that- a great find is always lots of fun! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@LadyDennaRahl Apologies, Charlaine- this challenge has already closed and no more entries are being considered for badges. But no worries- there’s a brand new theme each week and, with a bit of creative thinking, I am sure you can put your beautiful besom in the spotlight for a future challenge! :grinning: :+1: :broom:

6 Likes

Oh.my.gawd! Your collection is a DREAM!

7 Likes

This challenge has closed- but no worries! You can still respond to old posts in a private message or new thread, or you can visit Activities to find and join a current challenge.