šŸ•” Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Catch-Up!

Marsha,
I believe that what youā€™ve experienced is considered an ā€˜oppression,ā€™ which is where a negative energy tries to attach itself to a positive energy source. I also believe that the best tactic is to continue being as positive as possible to combat the negativity.
You should also consider letting your medical provider know about this as it is possible that any physiologic condition you may have may have been altered by this event.
Consider letting friends and family know so that they can comfort you and provide solace. Also, please keep us all here posted as well!
Wishing you continued strength!

7 Likes

As an add-on: Iā€™m fascinated with entities such as Lilith, Hekate, Odinn (The Crazed One), and the true ancients such as those from pre-history. In searching for a sigil for Lilith, including the amazing information found on this website, it occurred to me that (for me only) I donā€™t like Lilithā€™s sigil!
Odd, huh?
Well, for me, the second, I believe the most common sigil, harkens too much to Saturn, Medieval Christianity, and the third imparts Luciferian and sacrificial overtones. Both of these seem to smother Lilith in masculinity (a punishment?). I am partial to the first sigil, however, even though it is the one I would use similar to her formal name if you will, I donā€™t believe it is thorough enough.
In reading, and re-reading the Book of Nod, and other sources, such as in this podcast, Iā€™ve come to have a deep respect for her wisdom and perseverance. She was not one who devoured babies, nor a succubus, nor predisposed to evil intentions or acts. She has been maligned for centuries because she refused to be subjugated - and who canā€™t identify with that?
Given this challenge then, I have decided to develop a personal Lilith sigil - or try to!
Please wish me luck :wink:

8 Likes

Thanks so much for the reply @Wysteria_Norn As soon as I realized what had happened to me, I cleared it. I immediately felt better, no more evil voices speaking to me. I have shared as you suggested. Thank you for wishing me strength and for your concern. It really means a lot to me.

I did a quick search on ā€œoppression by an entityā€ and found this :rofl: It made me smile :heart:

ā€œThere are many reasons why demonic oppression and possession happen. Most of the reasons are based on weak faith, disobedience to religion, and falling into sin.ā€
~ Difference Between Oppression and Possession

P.S. Wishing you the best of luck in creating your new personal Lilith sigil! :four_leaf_clover: I would love to see what you create, but if you feel itā€™s too personal, I understand.

With love always!

8 Likes

Oh, Marsha,
Youā€™ve found an image of the hallway to forever. It may end with the brick wall, or it may turn left or right. What if itā€™s a liminal brick wall that you see but isnā€™t there? Itā€™s like forever, it goes on and onā€¦
Love you bunches.
:sparkling_heart: :gift_heart: :revolving_hearts:
Garnet.
PS, I think, since we did the challenge on liminality, I find myself looping like a skipping record.

6 Likes

@Phoenix_Fire ā€“ Aww I canā€™t see your first picture! It looks like something went wrong when you uploaded it. :cry: I love your altar, though! I think using wax melts as a candle alternative is a good idea. :candle:

@Wysteria_Norn ā€“ Hmm :thinking: Iā€™ve never thought of Dark Matter as being something that our ancestors and other spirits are made of. Thatā€™s such an interesting perspective!

@Kasandra ā€“ I knew the books and the show were different but I didnā€™t know how different they were! I think I definitely want to read those books eventually. :dragon: I think your spell for alleviating fear is wonderful! Thank you for sharing it with us :heart:

@Garnet ā€“ ā€œYou ARE the master of your fate, so learn to sail the lovely sailing ship called YOU.ā€ That is so right Garnet. I love all of this. All of your points make perfect sense. I think one of the things I often forget to do myself is breath :wind_face: itā€™s so difficult for me, especially with so many things going on in my daily life. This is the reminder that I needed. :pray:

Modern altars are an interesting concept in the way many pagans and Wiccans use them. In many cultures there would be a community altar, generally one for the home or town. Altars to individual deities were rare, so our modern inclination to give each deity their own space has always fascinated me :thinking: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thanks for sharing!

@Phoenix_Rose ā€“ Congratulations on your sigils! :partying_face: I love the ones you created!

@Kasandra ā€“ It just occured to me recently that I donā€™t think Iā€™ve done this challenge! :thinking: Maybe Iā€™ll make a whole post about how I do my money altarā€¦ :money_with_wings: that should work for this one!

@marsha ā€“ I can tell you from working in hospitals that they are definitely a liminal space. If you think about it, so many spirits pass through there! :spirit_element: Itā€™s where people go to die and itā€™s where people go to live and be born. It doesnā€™t surprise me that you brought something home with you but Iā€™m glad you were able to get it banished! :no_good_woman:

9 Likes

For each of my challenge entries I decided to utilize the Full Moon this month - May I please submit an entry for:

:bride_with_veil: Deities of the Moon ā€“ Blessed by the Moon

These pages come from ā€˜Moon Magic: A Handbook of Lunar Cycles, Lore and Mystical Energiesā€™ by Aurora Kane

May I also please submit an entry for:

:full_moon_with_face: Strength of the Full Moon - Lunar Witch

These pages come from ā€˜Living Lunarly: Moon Based Self-Care for Your Mind, Body and Soulā€™ by Kiki Ely

Seeing as September is my birth month I decided that I really wanted to try and utilize the strength of this monthā€™s full moon to make a little magic. During the Moon Goddess meditation I wore my moonstone rings and my moonstone pendant and I preformed my meditation holding my moonstone sphere crystal. It brought back memories of when I first started practicing last year. I did a salt water purification ritual and I remember afterwards just crying and asking out loud for the Moon Goddess to accept me and help me. I tell you what I think it well and truly worked. Once you open up to that connection you feel her power all the time.

8 Likes

Weekly Witchy Challenge- Catch up:

Earth Friendly Witchcraft- Earth Witch

Iā€™ve been working on making my yard more drought tolerant this year. Iā€™m building a rock garden with better plants for my area. There has been this poor little cactus planted in the wrong bed for the almost 6 years Iā€™ve lived here so I decided to dig it up and move it to a better home- My Rock Garden!
I have a few pictures for this challenge:
This is where it was being crowded out by succulents in the shaded wetter area.

The Cactus:

The Rock Garden:

For my second entry I chose Moon Magick- Moon Witch

I had to take an emergency trip back to Oklahoma this week, so Friday night before I left I sat down with a gorgeous Full Moon, blessed some jewelry and made some amulets with my jewelry. I charged everything with the moon and meditated on my trip for a while.
The next night when I came in for a landing, the moon was huge and red! It looked magnificent in the sky as it rose. It was an amazing sight and it gave me a real sense of calm.
:butterfly:

7 Likes

Itā€™s time for a friendly reminder!

My favorite thing about Catch-Up Challenges is seeing the sheer diversity of talents and skills on display in the coven- thank you so much to everyone who has joined in so far! :heart:

If you havenā€™t already shared an entry but would like to join in, please know that you still have some time:

:exclamation: This challenge will close TOMORROW :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and havenā€™t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline: Tomorrow: September 13th, 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)

Blessed be! :clock5::sparkles:

5 Likes

Thanks! I find it quite intriguing.
My theory, which is still a work-in-process, is that maybe as we ā€˜pass onā€™ from what we consider to be regular matter (about 5% of the known Universe) in death, we transfer (if you will) into the Aether (AKA Pleroma, Dark Energy, Spirit Realm). During that process, we ā€˜fall intoā€™ a Dark Matter state, which physicists say makes up roughly 15% of the known universe but we canā€™t regularly interact or sense it. If this is close to the actual thing, then a ā€˜spirit realmā€™ does indeed exist and can be sensed and communicated with by certain people or by doing certain activities.
So, maybe, regular matter equates to Body, Dark Matter equates to Mind, and Dark Energy equates to Spirit.
What I like about it is that, rather than forcing us to toss centuries, and even millennia, of knowledge attained by dedicated and educated people, it allows us to incorporate (pun intended lol) that information for, perhaps, a clearer picture of our existence.
Also, it provides something solid for me to attribute deities, spirits, guides, ancestors, etc., as Dark Matter is believed to be much older and more ubiquitous than regular matter.
Thanks again.
As you can tell, this is a subject Iā€™m rather passionate about!
Have an awesome day!

5 Likes

Hello again. May I ask you how you cleared it?
I am very interested in the processā€¦
Iā€™m overjoyed youā€™re feeling better!

5 Likes

I had SO MANY challenges on that list I wanted to do, lol! I am hoping to craft something today for my daughter and I to use for ritual / our portable altar. Iā€™ll share when I do!

6 Likes

Aw @Sarafeena_Sage your rock garden space for your cactus is so cute. Iā€™m sure itā€™s so happy now!

7 Likes

@Wysteria_Norn

Iā€™m not sure how I do it, but Iā€™ll try to explain my process. It started when I was young early teens, maybeā€¦ I had dreams of being attacked by Evil, and I would recite the Lordā€™s Prayer over and over. I felt and believed that I was safe. Since I was so young and also raised as a Christian, this was all I knew.

As I got older, I learned how to give it to God, believing that it would be taken care of. I had out-of-body visions of being with Jesus, my teacher. I also learned about Grace and Angels. I would describe this phase as walking in the path of a Christian Mystic. Even though I was no longer going to church, I was learning so much more than what I had been taught as a child.

Later it became ā€œsurrounding it with White Light!ā€ I learned different forms of hands-on healing and forecasting the future with Astrology, Tarot, and more.

I have a Christian history, but I do not consider myself a Christian Witch. I actually think witch is just another word for magic! I consider myself first and foremost a healer.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I simply send evil to the Sun and destroy it! And itā€™s done! However, the most important part is healing with ā€œlightā€ and sealing any wounds in the aura.

Sadly, in my past, I thought I was helping someone, by removing the evil entity attached to them. I didnā€™t destroy it or use light to seal the woundsā€¦ and another entity came in to fill that space.

My process:

1. Send the entity to the Sun or center of the Earth to burn up.
  2. Fill the wound with healing light.
  3. Seal the wound, and heal the aura.
  4. Protect yourself and your space.

As I said above, I see myself as a Healer, not a Teacher, so I hope this helps you to understand what I do. Your questions and comments are very welcome.

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

8 Likes

I sincerely thank you for sharing your healing process with me :heartpulse:
I am a Christian Gnostic Witch, so I donā€™t think highly of the OT god. However, I have loved Jesus Christ since the first time I laid eyes on his image on the cover of a kidā€™s book as a child.

I can say that simply conversing with you is a peaceful experience!
Wishing you love and bountiful light and thanks again!

6 Likes

The picture just seems to fit perfecting how I felt walking down the very long hallways at the hospital. I have thought a lot about liminality and I now believe that as witches we all walk A Path of Liminality! Bunches of love back at you @Garnet :revolving_hearts: :sparkling_heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you so much for your support and understanding @MeganB :pray: :spirit_element: :heart:

I love :heart: your entries @jessica72 I have always been fascinated with the Moon :full_moon: I have added both of the books :books: you have shared to my Amazon ā€˜wish list.ā€™

I love :heart: your cute little rock :rock: garden. I think your poor little cactus :cactus: will be much happier in the new space.

Thank you :pray: so much for your kind words! Itā€™s so nice to get to know you a little better. With much love :heart: and light :candle:

6 Likes

My next entry (because Iā€™m actually managing to do two this time!) is for :sparkling_heart: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Giving Gratitude ā€“ and my gratitude is going out to every single one of you!

Image Source

Ritual for Gratitude

I created this little ritual to help me show gratitude to the people in my life. Oftentimes I have a difficult time expressing my emotions and making sure the people I love and care for know that I love and care for them. So, this ritual has many parts!

You will needā€¦

• a list of names of people you want to express gratitude for
    ā€“ these can be living people or ancestors
  • a pink candle ā€“ for love and frienship
  • a bowl of water ā€“ for emotional expression
  • your phone (for texting) or a piece of paper (for letters)

Now you willā€¦

1. Create sacred space in whichever way works for you. Some people cast a circle, others ground and center, and still others hop right in.
  2. Set your bowl of water and your candle next to each other. Light the candle and say the following.

As the flame begins to burn,
I feel open and able to express my gratitude.
Spirit of Fire - I call to you to ignite the love in my heart.
Spirit of Water - I call to you to let my emotions flow freely.

1. Begin going down the list of names and writing sweet, gratitude-filled messages (or letters) to those you care about. A simple ā€“ ā€œI just wanted you to know I was thinking of you!ā€ ā€“ works just fine. If you are writing letters, express your heart to the person youā€™re writing to!
    ā€“ If you are writing letters to your ancestors, feel free to burn them or place them in a safe place.

2. After you have sent your messages, ground yourself and reflect on how giving gratitude freely feels. Sit in this space of reflection for as long as you need.

3. If your candle did not burn all the way down, keep it and light it when you need to express your gratitude again.

4. Close your sacred space and move through your day!

Image Source

So here I am, Spells8 ā€“ friends, family, and new acquaintances ā€“ thank you for being here. Thank you for sharing your knowledge, wisdom, energy, and caring compassion with myself and everyone else here. Without you, this place wouldnā€™t be what it is!

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I truly care for all of you from the bottom of my heart!

14 Likes

Thatā€™s so beautiful :rose: @MeganB
Thank you so much!
Iā€™m writing this one in my little book! :open_book:

With love :heart: and gratitude :pray: always

P.S. Iā€™m so thankful for you!

6 Likes

Solar Magic Challenge Entry

For this challenge, I did 2 things.
I set up a morning ritual to give gratitude to the sun.
I take a few minutes each morning, to look towards the sun and give gratitude for all it supplies us.

I also charged an amulet with the sunā€™s energy and my intention to use for some work I am doing.

Potion Making Challenge Entry

For this challenge I created a pillow spray for a dreaming ritual I am doing during the Mercury retrograde. I use it for the nightly meditation and routine I am doing.

For the potion - I mixed some essential oils that are good for relaxing and calming. I added water and vodka and put them into a spray bottle. Considering I donā€™t like many spells, I actually liked this one. :laughing:

8 Likes

Jessica,

I enjoyed reading your weekly witchy challenge. I have been trying to study all aspects of the Moon. Through astrology, through my tarot cards ,just many different ways and thereā€™s so much to learn. Your information you put out there and in that book will really help me to increase my knowledge. I thank you for that.

Blessed Be
Medea

7 Likes

Challenge Entry

Iā€™m not sure if this falls under ā€˜Creative Craftingā€™ or ā€˜Your Magickal Rootsā€™, because itā€™s technically both!

I get addicted to the idea of buying shiny new things for my spiritual explorations, but I also like making use of what I have. My daughter has a tub of natural air dry clay that needs to be used, and I had the thought to make a little pentacle disk for rituals and spells.

I was going to do a simple pentacle with a circle, but then I thought to add Elder Futhark runes as Iā€™ve seen done in a few places. This is because Iā€™m on a path that involves both Wicca and Norse practices.

This got me thinkingā€¦ Iā€™ve gone in circles since 2016 with my spirituality. I had dabbled with Witchcraft just over a decade beforehand, and had started my interest in Wicca. Iā€™ve been ā€˜witchyā€™ my entire life but never went very deep with it. I was born and raised Mormon, and went through some revelations just before leaving that religion that left me traumatized. That leaked into an aversion toward practicing Wicca. So I started circling around in about half a dozen other paths.

Long story short, after 6 years I found myself with enough knowledge and understanding across many spiritual paths and religions, that I am now looking at Wicca with fresh eyes.

Also, my first serious experience with deity outside of Mormonism was the Norse pantheon. It connects with my ancestry quite heavily. It was originally started with just reading some of the stories, and it led to synchronicities that directed me toward Asatru / Heathenry. This was also started in 2016. I was drawn to working with the runes about a year before that.

Now I have circled back around to both of these paths, and Iā€™m making my own path from them. So I felt that crafting this altar item would be a symbolic honoring of my journey and my ancestors.

ā€œA person travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it.ā€ - George Moore

(I followed the three Aetts for the order of the runes clockwise around the circle. I used @Susurrus ā€™s post here for reference, as well as this post off-site.)

I will be painting the disk with a brown wash after itā€™s completely dry. I also plan on studying the runes again to deepen my path.

Edit: my daughter has offered to paint the disk, which is perfect as we share a similar path!

11 Likes