šŸ•“ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE ~ Catch-Up!

Challenge Entry

Please excuse any typographical errors, Iā€™m currently on my phone :iphone: due to a sleeping puppy in my lapā€¦ that old sayingā€¦ Let Sleeping Dogs Lie, she just ended her frenzy of morning mayhem :rofl:

When I originally returned to practice, I remembered Sabbata being different than what I grew up with so in the beginning & in the middle ofā€¦ I remember this, kind of remember this, not sire about thisā€¦ I wanted to learn, have, practiceā€¦ ALL THE THINGS. Ultimately, that didnt work out & led to confusion.

Since then, my practice has done its thing. Iā€™ve learned about, tried different things, done things different ways for whatever the reason.

One of those things is the Sabbats. Typically, I celebrate Imbolc, Beltaine, Lunasa, Samhain. I welcome & honor the Summer :sun: Solstice as well as the Winter :snowflake: Solstice. Yule is a bit of a conundrum for me figuring out how that fits.

The reason for that is, a few things, even though I was not really a Catholic follower, or any other form of Christianity for that matter, my entire family was or isā€¦ over time, In my opinion Christmas is more of a commercial holiday but ALSO a time with friends & family. While the season seems to now start November 1 :roll_eyes: Then entire month of December as it moves closer is centralized around 2 days. Christmas Eve & Christmas Day. My husband & I were from Catholic backgrounds. Our children baptized with pressure from the families. So for us Christmas was more for being with our family & decorating & gifts between us.

Yule for me now, with my witchy close friends is somethinng I enjoy whether there are otems exchanged or not. How everyone sets up their spaces & the things they do during that time.

As for me, Iā€™m still trying to figjre out a happy balance between my family & thei celebrations very loosely based on anything Christian, Catholic, or otherwise. At the se time giggling because of the Celebrations/Practices being borrowed from paganism on some way.

14 Likes

Oh wow I couldnā€™t even find the kitty for a minute it blended into the background. Lol I love your fairy garden and I know the fae will love it too you did a really good job.
:two_hearts::heartpulse:

12 Likes

Challenge Entry

I have always had troubles feeling worthy of what I wished to manifest. I have had all I Need most of my life, and the ability to work for anything I need or want. Soooā€¦ manifesting does not come easily for me. I have had troubles with the craft because of this. All my reading and work I have been doing these past 10 months have made me more confused and overwhelmed. I have been working on going back to basics.

This coven is fantastic and has all the knowledge one needs. But sometimes a new perspective is needed to understand all that this coven offers. I found that needed perspective here https://lonerwolf.com/ and am coming to terms with the basics as well as ALWAYS keeping up with this coven and all you wonderful witches.

I have a spell I worked up for Joy

Ground seeds of a grain- (wheat) 2 1/4 cups (flour)
The alchemical mineral of Sodium Bicarbonate 1 tsp
The mineral from evaporated sea water (salt) 1 tsp
Churned fat of bovidae (butter) 1/2 pound
The self contained product of barnyard foul (eggs) 2
Sweet cane granulated (sugar) 3/4 cup
Sweet cane with added syrup byproduct (brown sugar) 3/4 cup
The tinctured bean of a lovely yellow orchd (vanilla) 1 tsp
and a handfull or 2 of delicious chocholate morsels

And ā€¦ Voileā€¦ instant Joy after 11 mins in a 375 oven

Shadeweavers Chocholate Chip Joy :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :witch_cauldron: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :rofl:

:goat:

15 Likes

Wow! I am new to this group and struggling as it is with all the information available. Now this, :smile: I canā€™t believe how many challenges you have had and I wish I had the time to go through every one. But, since I canā€™t I chose ā€œYour Magical Rootsā€.
I just had my DNA done as I have felt that my past included Romani blood and now I think I have confirmed it. So, my quest is to study more about the Romani people who have lived in all of the areas that my DNA confirms. Iā€™ve always, even as a child, felt that I was Gypsy. Now, I understand that that term is considered a slur, but I still love the sound of it and how it makes me feel.
I just found a very old and used deck by Raymond Buckland, Gypsy Fortune Telling Deck, and his book, ā€œSecrets of Gypsy Fortunetellingā€. Iā€™m looking forward to this new journey.

15 Likes

Yes my lady

12 Likes

Challenge Entry 2

6b66463bfed7843316764a3646d1b3600bbb2571_2_666x500

Pub night! @ Tracys Dead and Breakfast, Lucifer and Eurynomous were invited. Candles, Incense, whiskey and sigils abound. May my dreams be handlable. My first time talking to demons and angels. :sweat_smile:

This having been my firstā€¦ I had a couple Lucid dreams with Eurynomousā€™ sigil under my pillow as well as Luciferā€™s. They were gentler dreams than I had prepared myself for. I did take a few notes when they happened. I get up frequently during the night, so this was not an inconvenience. :sweat_smile:

The dreams had to do with emotions and choices and the speed at which I took them, realizing that fast was not always the best way to handle them.

My second dream was of choosing the right path and realizing that all paths lead to where I am today. Non of them being right or wrong, just the ones that have brought me here.

Both dreams involved a personal conveyance, the first a jet ski on a body of water. The second a snowmobile in a snow covered wood. Read into that whatever you will. I knew I was dreaming in both instances and can often ā€œsteerā€ my dreams while in them. I donā€™t remember as much detail as you, but hope to improve over time. :pray:

I prayed to Lucifer for his help and guidance. My other influences on my altar may have helped initially also.

I also did the Restorative Sleep Pouch with some of my fresh Rosemary from my greenhouse and some fresh Juniper Berries from my Hollywood Juniper out front. All put in a beautiful Guatamalln pouch and placed on Hechateā€™s altar by my bed.

Love to you all :goat:

17 Likes

Challenge Entry 3

Using one of @SilverBear jars ā€œManifest With Easeā€

I cleanse a jar wit sage and gather my materials.
Rose Quartz -for deepening trust and understanding
Peppermint -Freshening Mindset
Amethyst -clearing anxiety and Inviting wisdom, prosperity
Orange peel - Success and prosperity
Rosemary - improves focus
Obsidian - Truth, grounding and protection

Charge with the intention of improved craft and a Joyous home and the ability of manifesting that which promotes the best witch in me :goat:

These things are here already here, so mote it be.

17 Likes

Being a curious Kat, I need to know more about the 3 goddess figurines behind the plate. They are all the same size and shape but different colors and accents. Tell me more about these beauties please!

14 Likes

MMC

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BWF8WM5F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I Love my girls, maiden, mother and crone and the fact that they leave something to the imagination

12 Likes

@Shadeweaver Theyā€™re really pretty :green_heart:

12 Likes

Aww! :people_hugging: :black_heart:

I hear the sounds of mods crafting a new badge. :laughing:

12 Likes

Hahahaha me to

11 Likes

Challenge Entry Moon Magic, Anointing Candles, Amulets and Talismans

On the night of the full moon, after I cleansed my space with a sage smudging, I created a Full Moon Bath :bathtub: Placing three white candles :candle: :candle: :candle: around my tub, I added my remaining Full Moon Water from the month before, milk, rosemary, and lavender essential oil. I release myself of all negativity and harmful energy that may have been clinging to me. For about 30 to 45 minutes, I poured the water over myself and felt the energy of the full moon wash over me and let the candles burn out. White candles to symbolize purity and the the number 3 to symbolize the phases of the moon

After my ritual bath, I called the Elements and cast my Circle :o: On a silver taper candle, I inscribed the bind runes for Prosperity, Emotional Strength, and Protection and dressed it with Lavender and Narcissus oil. Evoking the Goddess Rhiannon, I offered her music on my harpsichord since she is pleased with music. Silver to symbolize the moon and Rhiannon. Lavender and Narcissus oil to symbolize and connect with Rhiannon
Screenshot_20240125_181944_Chrome
Screenshot_20240125_181921_Chrome
Screenshot_20240125_181852_Chrome

While communing with Rhiannon, I asked her for her protection and guidance. We created our charm bracelet. :prayer_beads: Made of silver charms with amethyst, crystal quartz, and rose quartz stones, this bracelet brings protection, peace of mind, connection to the Goddess, and a happy heart. I dedicated it for that purpose and to the Goddess so that, while wearing it, I am reminded of the divinity we all hold inside us and my higher vibrations :sparkles: :triple_moon_goddess: :consecrate_spell:

16 Likes

Itā€™s gorgeous @Kajsa!

12 Likes

Thank you @crystal59! I didnā€™t see her when I took the pic.

Hereā€™s a pic of the fairy garden at night. I added some cute mushroom solar lights that I got at Dollar Tree.

14 Likes

Thank you @Ostara :hugs:

13 Likes

You welcome! Amethyst is my favorite crystal, but itā€™s also my birthstone. Maybe thatā€™s why itā€™s my favorite crystal. Lol! :people_hugging:

12 Likes

Itā€™s one of my favorites too! :purple_heart: I love all of itā€™s correspondences, along with crystal quartzā€™s and rose quartzā€™s also :white_heart:šŸ©·

11 Likes

Symbols & Sigils - Wielder of Symbols
Hereā€™s my first entry for the week, hoping to get three done as I prep for Imbolc.

I have been wanting to try a new (to me) medium for symbol/sigil spell work for a couple of months within sigils as part of my manicure. I have a wand but using it has never felt right, so I always just direct energy with my hands and fingers. A few months ago someone in one of my nail groups (I have a small polish problem) asked about charging polishes for spell work and that led to a whole discussion of magickal nail art. I am not adept at painting nail art, but a brilliant lady mentioned she inscribed her nails with a sharpie (on top of the page coat), and then painted over them.

I have been thinking about this since Thanksgiving and this challenge motivated me to try it.
I charged my polishes and sharpie on my altar and then focused on the meaning of sigils that connect to Imbolc for me (Kenaz, triskelion, cauldron, pentagram, rebirth spiral, Berkano, wheel, triple goddess, Inguz, and fire) while I inscribed them on my nails. I then built up layers of different polishes for an amethyst effect (which is also one of my Imbolc connections).

So now I get to go through the week with my fingers super energized for my planned celebrations.

18 Likes

Your nails are awesome!

12 Likes