🛌 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Sleep & Dream Magick

Merry meet!

Thank you once again to everyone who joined in for last week’s Weekly Witchy Challenge - Magick of the Sun :sunrise_over_mountains:

After the beautifully bright spellwork last week, it’s time for lights out- so bundle up and get cozy as we work some magick to make our nights enchanted! :sleeping_bed: :zzz:

The theme for this week’s challenge is…

Sleep Spells Dream Magick Challenge

:sleeping: :cloud: Enchanted Nights: Sleep & Dream Magick :sleeping_bed: :sparkles:

Considering that we spend a large part of our lives asleep, it’s no surprise that sleep and dream magick are popular areas of the Craft. A witch skilled in these areas of magick might work to ensure a sweet and restful night’s sleep or be able to craft something to banish nightmares :smiling_imp:

Alternatively, for those who want to make the most of their night time, dream magick offers some exciting possibilities when it comes to hedge witchery and otherworldly travel :cyclone:

There are no wrong answers when it comes to working magick of the night- whether you choose to focus on sleep or dreams, wishing you very sweet spellwork this week! :sleeping: :heart:

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

This week’s challenge is about exploring sleep & dream magick- but as always, how you do so is up to you!

So are you ready? Because it’s…

CHALLENGE TIME!

:bell:

STEP 1 : The Magick of Sleep & Dreams :sleeping_bed:

This challenge is all about exploring sleep and dreams- but how you choose to take on this theme is up to you!

Still not sure where to begin? To help you get started, here are a few ways in which a witch might approach this challenge…

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sleep Spells :sparkles:

From pouches that help someone fall asleep to spell jars that ensure a good night’s rest, wards against nightmares and more- there are many pre-made spells that assist with sleep. Feel free to use, adapt, or make your own sleep spellwork this week!

Baby Sleep Natural Salve DIY
Baby-Sleep-Natural-Salve-DIY-360x240

Restorative Sleep Moon Pouch
Restorative-Sleep-Moon-Pouch-360x240

Peppermint: Herb for Sleep
Magical-Properties-of-Peppermint-360x240

Lavender Tea: Purify & Sleep Potion
Lavender-Tea-Spell-Meditation-360x240

Nightmare Ward Bag
Spell-to-ward-off-nightmares-bag-360x240

Guided Meditation: Promote Sleep
Sleep-Meditation-Online-Course-360x240

Dream Magick :unicorn:

In the inner world of your dreams, your mind is the only limitation- if you can imagine it, you can experience it within your dream. With a bit of magick, ensure that you have only happy dreams or perhaps try to step into control of your dreams with lucid magick.

Sweet Dreams Sleep Pillow
Sweet-Dreams-Sleep-Pillow-360x240

Dream Vision Sachet
Dream-Vision-Sachet-Recipe-360x240

Rosemary: Herb for Dream Magick
Rosemary-Herbal-Witchcraft-Course-360x240

How to Lucid Dream
Lucid-Dreaming-Spells8-Dream-Magick

Other Dream Work :open_book:

Not all dream work has to take place while you are asleep! Many witches who enjoy dream magick take special care of their dreams and sleep experiences or find ways to use or interpret them while they are awake.

Dream Messages: Tarot Spread to Interpret a Dream
Tarot-Spread-Dream-Interpretation-Header-360x240

Keep a Dream Journal
The-Witchs-Magical-Journal-360x240

… And More! :raised_hands:

The suggestions above are just a few ideas to help kickstart your creativity- if you feel called to explore sleep and dream magick in another way, please feel free to do so! :blush:

As always, all witches are encouraged to embrace their own unique practice with how they explore the theme :star2:

For more sleep and dream magick ideas, feel free to visit the original Dream Magick Challenge - the wonderful entries shared by coven members are full of great examples of nighttime magick you can cast! :sleeping:

Picture from Pixabay

STEP 2 : Share Your Experience :writing_hand:

Click here for a note about challenge inclusivity

Everyone is welcome to join the challenge by practicing magick in line with the current theme. For lurkers and those who don’t feel comfortable sharing, it is absolutely okay to follow along with the challenge but keep your entry personal. Feel free to join in spirit and do what feels most comfortable for you! :blush:

That being said, please know that if you would like to receive a prize and a public shout-out, it is required that you share your experience.

Getting Your Credit :white_check_mark:

In order for your entry to be counted, all you have to do is write/share about your experience and label it as your challenge entry. There is a lot of chatting here (which is awesome- chatting and discussion are very welcome!) so please clearly write that it is your entry so I know to count it! :pray:

Where Should I Share My Entry? :thinking:

Click here to learn where to share your challenge entry

You are welcome to post it right here- just click “reply” :repeat: to this post and write your experience in the text box that pops up!

Alternatively, you could create a new post in the forum (this is good for when you have a lot to share and/or would like to discuss aspects of your entry not related to the current theme)

Note : If you do choose to create a new thread, please add the “challenge-entry” tag and/or add a hyperlink back to this post so that it can be easily found- thank you! :bowing_woman:

Deadline :spiral_calendar:

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by:

Tuesday, April 4 at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)
( Time Converter: 2023-04-04T05:00:00Z)

(Note that the time zone is CET- if you don’t see your time displayed above, you can use this time zone calculator to check for your time zone!)

Prizes :gift:

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and a small prize! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given. This discussion will remain open for about a week after the challenge finishes.

:gift_heart: :gift: :gift_heart:

Picture from Pixabay

A warm reminder that the challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that honors and reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to your friendly Moderator Team.

And for those new to challenges- welcome! :heart: Know that the goal of these activities is to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

Picture from Pixabay

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

With magick by day and magick by night,
Even in darkness, you are your own light.
A world of your own awaits within-
So close your eyes, and let’s begin!

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Sweet Dreams and Blessed Be! :sleeping_bed: :sparkles:

23 Likes

I’m so excited!!! Gonna have to ask my sister for some advice she had always been able to lucid dream and control her dreams so I definitely want to try

15 Likes

Wooowowwww!! This is super fascinating!!! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :star_struck: :star_struck: :stars: I am definitely jumping into this one like a mad kitty! :joy: :rofl: :smile_cat: :heart_eyes_cat: Hmmm…let’s see, controlling your dreams (lucid dreaming), some astral travel (probably in dreams! :joy: :star2:) and sleep promoting meditation :person_in_lotus_position:t2: …along with defeating nightmares with dream protection sachets and charms!! :pouch: :sparkles: :shield: I Am In Love. :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

16 Likes

I have had my fair share of weird dreams throughout my life. :laughing: But whenever my cats sleep with me, I have dreamless, very restful, sleep. Maybe I can work with Bast and write a spell for a restful night’s sleep.

16 Likes

I hear you Universe, it’s time to learn to fly :joy:
But not before I can walk :laughing: So lucid dreaming, then astral travel :wink:
We’ll see if a week is enough… :kissing_heart: :cloud: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

16 Likes

Ooo… I was just looking through some things regarding restful sleep & connecting with spirit guides, deities, angels, & the like when going to bed :bed: … I’ll have to go back to that & see what I can find. I’m also having a reverse issue than normal for me… I had a recent medication change & feel much better now that the dosage is right for me & I am sleeping :zzz: through the night :heart_eyes: but also waking up an hour to an hour & a half later than normal for me… Which has led to some rushed mornings getting my daughter to school :school: on time.

Another perfectly timed challenge! I love it :heart:

14 Likes

sleep spell
We prepare our altar, we want elements passively, then we pass salt, Earth and a glass of Water, plus we pass an extinguished charcoal Wood, old burnt Earth We light three candles making a triangle at the bottom we have Athame to close the triangle Salt Water and extinguished Charcoal in the middle of the Triangle
And we say
sleep warm sleep sweet in the silence of the Three 3 times how peaceful…Peace of Mother Earth dreams as clear as water
Earth Element Water Element cover me with peace
as coal is extinguished, all thoughts are extinguished…
That’s what I said, that’s how it will be!
Weour sleep becomes light…
sweet dreams blow out the candles and put the charcoal under our bed

11 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY

Sometimes I forget what sleep actually is! :rofl:

As a teacher, I spend all day on my feet and my mind is constantly racing. When I get home, I feel drained and you’d think sleep would come quickly and easily…no!

I get to bed, turn on my star projector and the sound of rain and settle. Then comes the thoughts…did i do this? What about that? Could i try this at work? Next thing I know I’m wide awake again!

Therefore I have tried the following night time drink and it seems to help me settle for a better sleep. I went all out this week and filmed as I made it tonight, explaining what I was doing. Its not something I do a lot so I apologise for the camerawork (or lack.of) and the narrative! :rofl:

I do hope though that it may help others get a good night’s sleep.

15 Likes

I have a sleep ritual I use every night, so I just have to write it down and share it! This one sounds too easy @BryWisteria I have no excuses for not joining in! :upside_down_face:
Love :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: always

14 Likes

Lol i am so the same on the comment about forgetting what sleep is​:joy: read this challenge and cant help thinking good timing as sleep has been elluding me a bit lately, evwn last night i was tossing and turning and then had weird arse dreams, kept waking up all night. Sleep is a fickle friend that cant decide if they are coming or going, staying or leaving. :joy:so this challenge comes in time…

12 Likes

Hmm yeah both of those sound like would be great to habe a go at. I think i have accidently managed to astral project myself somewhere before, once… i say accidentally because i didnt realise what it was id done till after. And it scared me because i had done it right near ( astral projected myself) near a person from my old church. Perhaps id been thinking of his wife and sged been near by to him, but i freajed out when he went to turn as if sensing me, which would be bad if hed realused what i was in to as id left church by then and they were super spiritual but also very toxic and abusive so i didnt want them to know i was pagan yet alone that i was practicing magic incase they sent people after me. Even if magic was nevef to harm anyone else. It wouldnt matter… but ive been nervous to try that inxase i couldnt control where i ended up and accudently almost revealed too much to wrong ppl. Hmm maybe if learn some more on how to do it and still be able to ptotect self or control what doing. Im not sure if maybe the man had even sensed me, byt as soon as he turned around i snapped myself out before ge saw me. Just incase. Hopefully if i tried it again but like intentionaly maybe i might have more contol over wherei go.

12 Likes

@brandy20 I’m so happy you’re excited, Brandy- and wow, that’s great that you can check in with your sister! I hope she has some helpful tips for you about controlling your dreams. Good luck and I hope you have fun with it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Solasta_Amore So many fun things to choose! :blush: Whatever you decide to explore this week, I hope it goes well and is a nice experience for you. Good luck with your dream and sleep magick- I can’t wait to hear about it! :heart:

@Kasandra It sounds like your kitties are your own personal sleep guardians- that is so sweet! :smiley_cat: :two_hearts: I think a spell involving Bast for sleep would be a very good one, especially for cat naps :+1: Good luck and enjoy, Kasandra!

@CelestiaMoon Hahaha when it comes to dream magick, a week is just a little taste of a much bigger bowl! :grin: I hope that whatever exciting things everyone starts or tries this week inspire a deeper love for dream magick that can carry into the future, especially with things like lucid dreaming and astral travel that can take time to develop :dizzy: I’m excited to see what you’ll choose to do- I hope you enjoy your dream work, Celestia! :sparkling_heart:

@Susurrus I’m glad that they fixed the dosage and that you’re sleeping well, Siofra! :hugs: Although waking up at the last minute can certainly be stressful :sweat_smile: Maybe crafting a sleep pouch or jar to help you wake up at the time you want to wake up could be a potential option? Like a magickal “alarm” pouch! :alarm_clock: :pouch: :sparkles:

@AIRAM A beautiful sleep spell calling on the elements to assist with sweet and peaceful dreams- this is really lovely, Airam! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful spell! :pray::heart::blush:

@Cosmic_Curiosity This is awesome! :grinning: It was so much fun seeing your beautiful sleep potion come together, and your commentary is great- thank you for walking us through each of the steps of what you were putting in and why :grinning: It honestly looks like a hug in a cup- with all those healthy, warming ingredients, no wonder it helps you get a good night’s rest! Thank you so much for sharing the potion and the video- I really enjoyed watching along! :raised_hands: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@marsha Yay! The rituals we find ourselves using over and over tend to be the best ones- and coming from you, I know it will be an absolutely lovely ritual :heart::blush: I can’t wait to hear about it, Marsha!

@Phoenix_Fire Oh, goodness- I bet I would be shocked too if I accidentally astral traveled somewhere! I’m glad you got through it safely :pray: I agree, it’s a great skill to develop if you’re interested in trying again, but layering on protection and going slowly as you learn control sound like important steps! If you decide to explore it more, I wish you all the best and I hope all your experiences are positive :heart::blush:

15 Likes

challenge entry 1
So this is just where i ende up starting out, but ive been listening to audio books on astral travel and ive found it quite interesting, including a discovery that astral travel or out of body experiences are in the Christian bible as well. The second author comes at this from a christian background and uses bible verses which seeing as id thought Christians would attack a person if they thought they were doing it, now i find that aspect is not as much of a concern, though some may still try. But putting aside that aspect, ive found it interestibg to learn more about astral travel and wonder if its the same or differemt to riding the hedge or what a hedge witch might do. The second author did make links to shamanic journeying which may ( please correvt me if i am wrong), may suggest tgat it is a similar situation though some are travelling to different realm while others are travelling out of body in this one… and then lucid dreaning is again a different but similar aspect. Its interrsting and leads me to wanr to investigate further but for now i thought id share the book id finished ( 41min long)

And the book that part way through ( about 8hrs long )

Meditation is a big part of both books explanation for reaching astral projection and travel. And the first even listed benifits and tips to help protect self as do it ans also some frequently asked questions which eas helpful. The first book mentioned something abour a sound that can lisyen to to help reach that state, i just had to find written ( ebook) version to recal what they said it was called. Binaural beats. Hmm something to check out. Im also curious about decks i have that have clear links it seems to astral travel, other world and Akashic field. Worth further exploration i thinks​:thinking::grin:

13 Likes

Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Sleep & Dream Magick - Entry

This Challenge will be very exciting for me for several reasons. When I was 6-7 years old, I had the same nightmare over and over for two (2) years. I will be doing some research on that. Another reason is for Astro Projection. This is something I believe I have always had the ability to do and, I honestly think I have done this already but, didn’t realize what was happening at the time. Also, I have had terror nightmares after my first divorce. They always involved my children. Now, I do not dream at all or at lease nothing I remember.
This Challenge is going to be very informational and help answer some unanswered questions I have had for many years.

Blessed Be to all,
Medea

16 Likes

Excellent post! Both books are exactly what I have been interested in for quite some time. I have a website on my phone that has Binaural beats and it is awesome. If interested I will send you the link. Blessed Be.

Medea

14 Likes

I agree with you :100: :100: This whole topic for the Challenge is so very interesting to me. I am looking forward to reading everyone’s Challenges!

Blessed Be,
Medea

13 Likes

I know you’ve been doing a lot of work with your decks lately, Phoenix- this is such an exciting idea to find the links and correspondences they might have with astral travel! It makes me curious about all the ways that one could use a deck divination to assist with their astral travel work- very interesting :star_struck:

Thank you for sharing the books- I hope The Quantum Akashic continues to be a good read for you- wishing you all the best with your astral travel work going forward, I’m cheering for you! :raised_hands: :blush:

I’m so happy you’re excited about the theme, Medea- it sounds like you have some important things in mind to explore. Dreams and nightmares that occur over and over again are definitely worth exploring, but please be careful if you think it might re-open some tough memories and feelings. Please remember to take good care of yourself! :heart::pray:

Wishing you all the best with your dream/nightmare work as well as astral projection- good luck and I hope it’s a worthwhile adventure for you! :blush:

13 Likes
   Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Sleep & Dream Magick 
   Challenge entry - Garnet

Dreams are elusive things. They come from your subconscious. They can run through your sleeping mind as happy, sad, frightening, angry, or romantic contacts or experiences.

Has anyone ever heard of Dej Vu? If not, it is a feeling of essentially
“been there, done that”, but you don’t remember the exact incident in real-time.
Having said that, I used to have frequent ‘dream premonitions’, which led me to DejaVu experiences. It is a surprising feeling of revelation. But by societal norms, it was also weird, and therefore kept to myself.

I also inherited the ‘night terrors’ from my dad. But suffering from anxiety and depression had one plus. My MD gave me enough meds. to calm a raging rhino and for the most part, the terrors are gone.

I use lavender in my bath & meditate. So far the dreams are under control.
Bright blessings
Garnet

16 Likes

Challenge Entry

I made 4 sleep bags for some family members and let them try it out and so far everyone says they are sleeping better and no nightmares! As for me I started a dream journal (I have very weird dreams) I tried lucid dreaming but I think I was think about it to much and just caused myself to have very vivid dreams instead but that’s okay I’ll keep practicing. The dream journal is so interesting going back and reading my dreams makes me laugh cause I have some weird dreams :joy: but I love this challenge and gonna keep practicing!

15 Likes

Thank you for sharing these good reads! Cant wait to give them a look. I lucid dream A LOT. I also am very sensitive to my dreams. My brain def works things out while i sleep.

14 Likes