šŸ„³ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Holiday Cheer

Jeanine, thank you so much!! I loved your altar as well! You actually gave me the idea to tie the logs together! (Thank you!) Like you mentioned, i had different idea in my head, but just doesnā€™t plan out sometimes and need to improvise. Lolā€¦ Iā€™m loving everyoneā€™s Altar!!

7 Likes

Travel Witch,
I was thinking of getting Mistletoe, sorry that you canā€™t get any logs for Yule! I went to the store to get the mistletoe and didnā€™t even know what it looks like! Lol
The store ran out of mistletoe!
I always hear about it but never seen mistletoe!
I wanted it for good luck! Why do you hang mistletoe?
I just know that the darkness is gone and know we have the inner light inside us! As one we all shine!
Be blessed with the renewal of the solstice!
Jeannie

7 Likes

I felt the same! I just did the Yule ritual on the site. However, i couldnā€™t find smaller candles and these will burn more than a few days! Iā€™m thinking of burning them for the week until they burn out! ( Not sure if thatā€™s correct to do? ) However, i did create my first own spell tonight. Hope was correct! I just followed my gut and intuition. The energy was so intense tonight! I really felt it ! I think almost fell into a trance, only way I can describe it.
Blessed be.

6 Likes

@kassie, looks great ! What wonderful tradition!

6 Likes

They look so great!!

6 Likes

Youā€™re sweet, @Berta! Iā€™m afriad thereā€™s no official recipe- I use whatever I have laying around! And I just eyeball the measurements :joy:

Mixed fruit crisp is super adaptable, and is a rough combo of:

• Chopped up fruit
  • A sprinkle of flour
  • A dash of lemon juice
  • A toss of spices (ginger, nutmeg, cardamom, cinnamon).

The crumble topping is:

• Butter
  • Flour
  • Sugar
  • Oats
  • Walnuts
  • And even more cinnamon!

Thereā€™s no science to this one- throw it all together and pop it in the oven for about 35 mins or so (checking the fruit for how soft you like it to be) on 350 F. An easy but tasty holiday treat! :yum:

Thanks @Amethyst! It was the same for me back in MA- lots of holly, no mistletoe. But itā€™s the opposite here- every store has mistletoe, but no holly in sight! It sounds like you had a lovely Yule and enjoyed some precious family traditions. Sending big hugs and many well wishes! :hugs:

Your Yule log and decorations are stunning, @Berta! How wonderful you are honoring your motherā€™s traditions while creating your own too :heart: And such a lovely blessing as well- thanks so much for sharing!

The yule spoon charm is gorgeous, @Susurrus! Well done :clap: Sorry thereā€™s been some tough news- it really does sound like it all hit at once! Hopefully that means a wave of good things is soon to follow. And winter spice tea is a wonderful way to turn the tide and invite in the good! Love and light to you and your daughter :two_hearts:

Iā€™m glad to hear youā€™ve been thriving with your shadow work, @CelestiaMoon- congrats! :black_heart: As for spicing up Christmas dinner with a little magick, take a look at Kitchen Witchery 101 for some tips and ideas! :woman_cook::yum:

Your altar is gorgeous, @walter! The pictures stole my breath away- such a beautiful solstice setup :heart_eyes: It sounds like you had a wonderful Yule- wishing many solstice blessings to you!

Oh no- sorry the store was sold out of mistletoe, @Jeannie1! But no worries, as Berta kindly shared a link to more solstice plants and more information about mistletoe :herb: Letting candles burn out or re-use them is up to you- you can find some tips and advice in Candles: Use Once? Or Reuse? :candle: You can let them burn or relight them each day depending on what feels right to you! :blush:

6 Likes

@berta, i agree, everyone has great looking pictures and ideas for Yule. Great to see everyones uniqueness.

6 Likes

:exclamation: This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Well done to all participants- you really brought in the holiday cheer and seasonal joy! :christmas_tree::two_hearts::candle:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and title details- keep an eye on the main page of the forums!

This thread will remain open for discussion for the next week, but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given after today.

Joyful holidays and blessed be! :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

Berta
Thank you for all your goodness! The wreath is a symbol of wealth and prosperity! I love them because you can use them for just about any season!
Thank You :blush:
Blessed be

7 Likes

Preparing this blessing!
for this I give a blessing!
honoring & blessings to the God and Goddess!
To my coven Lord and Lady teach us all of our lessons, and let this life be but a blessing not just a lesson!
let our souls soar in Your projection. Let the sacrifice be a vow of my homage. Anoint us with your divine spirit. Except the gift :gift: help us this year through the wheel of the year and this spiral life!
Blessed be
Jeannie

7 Likes

Great looking Yule log! The Witches Bellā€™s look very cool! ( I need to make some) They have an antique look and feel to them! Very Witchy! :broom: :broom: :broom:

4 Likes

Love seeing whatever one else has done.

As I an eclectic witch I tend to spread my magic around through all kinds of avenues. For Yule I have been focusing on several different areas.For personal growth, Meditation and Visual Magick as @fransico talked about in a previous post that I do not know how to link to yet and appaerntly didnt bookmark correctly either. * note to self May be a good idea to redo the forum tutorial to relearn those nifty little skills. Thats why my online name is CinnamoNOOB. Always relearning something.

As for family and celebration of Yule I spent a good amount of time in the kitchen and the craft zone. To prep for a covid family zoom celebration I created 2 boxes, one to send and one to keep, with all the supplies to make several projects together. Included were the items to make witches balls, pine cone trees and salt dough ornaments.

These images were used for inspiration. Along with the crafts I included a printout of that cute story, The littlest fairy, which I shared in another post and The night before Yule story. My children are grown, 27 and 30, but unboxing items year after year, that we have created together, spreads cheer and sparks such joy, love and happiness.

Moving into the kitchen to work a lit macgic, this years recipe requests came with a bit of a challenge as we are planning on staying isolated. We have not seen our children since March as they both work in high public jobs and we both work in jobs with highly at risk clients. My son chose Garlic Parmesean Monkey Bread and my daughter chose Raspberry Cheese Spread with Cracked Ritz Crackers. All can be found on pinterest or allrecipes .com. Root Veggie Gratin was my wifes request which I first made for Sahmain so thats a new favorite for our collection. As always i went with my Grandmothers recipe for Southern Green Beans. I always feel like she is right there in the kitchen with me when I am cooking. It is such a great way to honor my matron ancestors by growing and continuing the love for their traditional celebration dishes.

I love spending time with favorite recipes. Its like welcoming an old friend back into the world with love and joy. The love of cooking, the joy of cooking for others and the joy of their enjoyment, as well as all the herbal intent which can be added in. Kitchen witchery is one of my top favorite ways to practice my craft.

With the stockings stuffed, the boxes secured and the food prepared I am ready for Yule. May we all be filled with Holiday Cheer as we celebrate this glorious time of the year.

Blessed be to you from me.

10 Likes

It is true that many here have a lot going on. I love that we can find comfort in this space. It speaks well of the energy we are raising. Glad you liked the stars @Susurrus!!!

7 Likes

Well you have my mouth watering @Cinnamonoobā€˜ I love the pine ones and ornaments and the witch ball too! Happy Yule!

7 Likes

Thank you, everyone. I woke up feeling much better than I did yesterday and I slept well too.

Seeing everyoneā€™s pictures are wonderful and they all look so great. The food looks awesome too! I need to get back in the kitchen!

5 Likes

Man you had a crappy day. Iā€™m sorry to hear of it. Iā€™ve been keeping you in my prayers at night and sending you love and light. Iā€™m sure thing will go for the better soon. Enjoy your tea and spending time with your daughter.

~HUGS~ :purple_heart: :hugs: :purple_heart:

5 Likes

Thank you. The call from Social Security set it all in motion. I think I just needed a good cleansing cry, a few times. I feel a lot better today, I made it through yesterday. It was just something I needed to go through I think. I made sure to take my medications this morning & I made some eggs for breakfast. I feel much better now. Thank you so much for all of the positivity & healing you have sent me. Things must be working themselves out for a wave of good things to come.

5 Likes

Thanks, @Francisco! I do most of my stuff in front of the computer so it made sense to fix it up there. The Christmas Carol with Patrick Stewart is one of my favorites, you can find it on Amazon. It follows the book well and itā€™s Captain Picard! Who could ask for anything more in a Christmas movie? LOL.

They went well! Thank you for thinking of me. I donā€™t even have to go back until after the first of the year!

Wonderful setup @walter! The pictures are glorious!

@Jeannie1, you messaged me, @kasie, not @BryWisteria about mistletoe but I found the information you wanted. You can find it here in the Pagan Origins of Christmas that @MeganB posted. Itā€™s got oodles of good information.

l

Thanks, @walter! I still have a few versions of the Christmas Carol to watch!

Wow @Cinnamonoob! What a lovely idea! And the pictures of your feast is making me hungry. Sounds like youā€™re ready for Yule!

Good. Being low on sleep affects your mood too. Hope you have a better day today!

Youā€™re welcome, love! I hope you have all the good things coming to you in the New Year.

5 Likes

Thank you so much! I really appreciate you! Iā€™m so happy that you have some time off from appointments. That first week in January I am very busy also. I have at least one appointment 3 days that week. Iā€™m going to take some time recharge before then. I actually have one today with my primary to go over pain management. So I will be doing that after lunch.

5 Likes

Good luck! Hopefully it all goes well!

6 Likes