šŸ’ƒ Weekly Witchy Challenge - The Magick of Music

Just listened to the whole album and I liked it very much! Some songs sound like a Celtic circus, very enjoyable! Thanks for the recommendation!

7 Likes

My entry for this weeks challenge

Love & Light to all :heartpulse:

9 Likes

Red Riding Hood is my favorite you can feel the Chase through the woods

8 Likes

Lovely Bri, I found this is some old poems I wrote.
Iā€™d sing it for you but I canā€™t carry a note.
Sorry, sometimes I get stuck in rhymeā€¦

14 Likes

Sending all the luck and light to you! Take care and get better soon :four_leaf_clover:

10 Likes

That is a beautiful poem!

11 Likes

Thatā€™s great! Do you have something uploaded? Iā€™d love to hear you playing :slight_smile:

I really like this challenge. We should have a like a weekly post (if there isnā€™t one now) to talk about music, share new discoveries, old but good things we want to share, and so on. Music means so much to me, and to everyone Iā€™m sure.

I see many people that is into music, Iā€™d be nice to do something together, Iā€™ve tried to make some music with friends virtually and works really well!

11 Likes

Thereā€™s a lot of witchy music that I love and use. From all of them, Thereā€™s a song I would love to share from Wardruna, Aurora and Oslo Fagottkor: HELVEGEN
This song really transport me, with a mixture of emotions and feelings, like from a past life. Watching and listening to them on that area of a cave like, with its echo and the beat. Is the water you need in the middle of a heated day.
Probably some of you have had listen to it, for those that havenā€™t, HELVEGEN

15 Likes

Ahhhh I love that one too, @Christina4! Really beautiful and powerful music :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :shinto_shrine:

Bravo, @Amethyst! :raised_hands: And ohhhh another lovely song- thanks for sharing! :heart_eyes:

Ohhhh a whole playlist, @Susurrus- thatā€™s amazing! :clap: Feel free to share it or a few of your favorites :headphones: :blush:

Thanks again for your lovely exploration of sound in space, @Abs53- it was a delight to read! :milky_way: :heart:

Gorgeous as always, @Garnet- and no need, as I can hear the words ringing beautifully in my ears! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: You have quite the talent for ryhme and chants! :heart:

Thatā€™s a fun idea @RyuWyn! :heart_eyes: Right now there is this challenge and a few threads for music, as well as the random post here and there, but nothing set on a schedule. I can tell music is a big passion of yours, so if youā€™d like to set up a weekly magickal music discussion you are very welcome to! :pray::heart:

Wardruna often pops up on my recommended videos feed- their music is a favorite of mine, @pedros10! But gosh this video- Iā€™d love to experience something like this live someday :star_struck: Itā€™s stunning in the video, I can only imagine what an experience would be live. Hopefully someday! Thanks for sharing :raised_hands: :blush:

11 Likes

Iā€™ve already shared about my love for the groups FAUN and Lorenna McKennit, so I wonā€™t repost them here too. Instead, I donā€™t know if heā€™s been recommend somewhere before but I love the atmospheric music of the composer Adrian von Ziegler.

Hereā€™s one gorgeous and relaxing piece that ties in well with the upcoming Equinox:

Blackmoreā€™s Night came out with a really peppy and gorgeous song last year that Iā€™ve been enjoying ever since:

I know @Jim already recommended Peter Gundry- while listening to his works I found this song and instantly fell in love with it. (So many thanks to Jim for the recommendation! :+1:)

And I imagine many of you have already heard it, but for anyone who hasnā€™t- Savage Daughter by Sarah Hester is a pagan tune I always find myself hitting the ā€œrepeatā€ button for :wink:

Iā€™ve already added a few new songs to my witchy tunes playlist- so many thanks to everyone who has shared their faves so far! Looking forward to adding even more :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :notes: :pray:

14 Likes

Very much amateur, Iā€™ve only ever recorded myself playing one song and itā€™s not uploaded anywhere. I do have a copy on my phone somewhere and Iā€™ll see if I can dig it outā€¦

10 Likes

I have been a bit of everywhere the last few days, but today I woke up lighter & feeling like I can focus on my Challenge Entry. So here goesā€¦

Challenge Entry

During the full moon in June I went to my friendā€™s & we had set up our items on a table. She put on a Hecate song from YouTube & it help me settle into my full moon witchy mindset for the rest of the evening. We talked about music for different things. To change the energy around you, set the tone, work through feelingsā€¦ there are a lot of different reasons to use music in your craft.

I like to take nice witchy showers when I am feeling anxious or stressed or heavy. I use music during the showers. Before I made up this playlist it was exclusively music by Woke Nation on YouTube. However, now, I have a Spotify playlist dedicated to Brigid. I listen to it when I am doing something that I want to have Brigid with me somehow. I listen to it during spells & rituals. I also mix up my showers. Depending on my mood or what is going on or my intentions I will listen to the Brigid playlist in the shower also!

Goddess Brigid Playlist on Spotify

11 Likes

Iā€™ve recorded myself singing ā€œSomewhere Over the Rainbowā€ (definitely not an entry for a singing competion) and now working out the best method of uploading itā€¦

Might have to bite the dust and get creative with a YouTube videoā€¦

12 Likes

Thatā€™s really nice Garnet!!! I really like that!

8 Likes

What a great responsibility, haha, but I think I can do it. Iā€™ll think about the how and come back with ideas! :smiley:

9 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure that my first step taken in life was a two stepā€™ lol . Along with my first words being part of a songā€™ lol . My dad would watch music videos in the living room and me and my sister would dance and sing along (one of my most favorite memories when I was young)

Music has always played such an important role in my lifeā€™ it was a place I went to when (well didnā€™t matter the emotion) it was always something that was mine. I love to sing and dance ! Itā€™s always made me feel better! It motivates meā€™ gets me to the place Iā€™m wanting to go!

These are some of my favorite lyrics !

13 Likes

OK I think I cracked it.

Apologies for the slight pitchiness in places, but this song has always felt magic to meā€¦

15 Likes

OMG I love Aurora so muuuuch! Scandinavian music can be so sublime.

8 Likes

That is really amazing! I love the story that the images tell and your voice of course :studio_microphone:

Thanks so much for sharing :heart:

8 Likes

Wonderful vid @IrisW! I love your song and the pics were nice to see with it! Great job!

7 Likes