✍ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - The Wizardry of Words

I wrote this for a special person ‘ but I don’t think I could ever share it with them. So I’d love to put it right here! :cupid:
Dance Your Own Dance !

10 Likes

After much deliberation, I’ve chosen Kasandra (the Polish spelling of Cassandra) as my magickal name (I’m Polish on my dad’s side by the way).
I searched for many names and their meanings, but Kasandra kept coming back to me.
Since it means “the one who shines and excels over women” and since I’m a Virgo with a drive to succeed in my writing, I thought it would be very fitting for me.
Plus, it has a magickal ring to it!
Since I work with Apollo, it didn’t seem fitting to choose the name of a woman he cursed to
never have her prophecies believed. But when I prayed to him the other night for inspiration before a writing session, I made a lot of progress, so I believe he doesn’t have any issues at all with my taking that name. :smiley:
On a side note, is there any way I can change my username to Kasandra? I can’t seem to figure it out how.

9 Likes

Very nice! Does it mean something special to you?

Wonderful poem! I really like that last bit! You’ve done so well!

That was lovely @steph! Thank you for sharing it with us!

Lovely name, and if Apollo doesn’t mind it, it sounds as if you’re good to go! I’ve been thinking about working with Apollo myself today. There is a way to change your name but I can’t remember it. Sorry. But @praecog29 or one of the others should know and will tell you how to fix it!

7 Likes

Done :wink: Thank you for tagging me.

Kasandra, it’s a beautiful name and you did wonderful research. May Apollo bless you.

8 Likes

Thank you! :smiley:

8 Likes

Beautiful name! Love it!

7 Likes

My Weekly Challenge I decided to open myself up to my witch name. I spent two days scouring the web for one “I” thought I wanted…But one found me. It’s rejuvenating in a way and so powerful to open ourselves up to a part of our lives that millions hid away and even died for/because of. Many still cannot be fully out due to reasons beyond their control but still practice their craft in their private way. That is just an amazing thing, to believe in something so much and in yourself to find a way to just dive in it and learn, blossom, and grow. Hugs to each of you for loving yourself enough to engage with the Witch inside us all.
~Rowan~
(Mountain Ash Tree)
“Rowan is the tree of power, causing life and magic to flower”
(Rowan)

There are various meanings through different cultures, Celtic and Norse especially which I connect with.
Rowan means flame, which I am a fire sign. Its flame red berries bear the sign of the pentagram. It is also associated with protection, Brigid, insightfulness, vision, and is sacred to the Crone aspect of the Goddess. It is also sacred to Faeries.
Here is a link to a video I thought was interesting on this topic.
[EP10 Your Craft Name & Numerology - YouTube]

I also re-organized my BOS gave it some divider clips for quick access and color code system (Thanks again @Francisco for the divider pages) and set an alarm on my phone to journal and work more in my Book of Mirrors. Sadly, as much as I love to write my Book of Mirrors has been somewhat neglected. So Im changing that into a good new habit.

I think I need to brighten up my binders they look a little drab…lol.
Maybe next crafty project… see if I can get to it before the end of this challenge give you all a before and after shot… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Here is a spell that I wanted to jot down today, so I can cast it out to the ocean. I’ll probably tweak it later the flow needs improving.

Heavy are your lies
Weighted by deceit,
Cloudy is your vision
To the truth at your feet.

Twisted intentions, ill will abound
I cast this stone of your negativity, never to be found.

Waves crash in, negativity washes out
Good riddance to your effect on me without a doubt.

I cast away damage you’ve thrown my way,
And send it back from which it came.

Sound Mind and Grateful heart,
By the waves I claim this fresh start.
So it is spoken, so mote it be.

Blessed Be Witches and Challenge On!

8 Likes

My BOM (bottom right), BOS(bottom left) and dream journal(top) are all now ready to start being filled out properly with my dreams, thoughts and rituals :slight_smile: also got my new quill and ink through the post :slight_smile: I know they aren’t necessary but I had one when I was really young I used at my Grans and I wanted the nostalgia with better handwriting lol.

The crystals are a small collection of tumble stones a colleague at work gave me as a little thank you, she couldn’t tell me what they were though and crystals aren’t my strongest suit yet. Does anyone know what they might be? Thank you <3

I also wrote a small simple poem for Freya as a thank you for her help lately. It’s not Shakespeare but I’m much better with storytelling than poetry :slight_smile:

Fair Freya Norse Goddess of three
Love, War and fertility.
I ask you to hear these words,
as I thank you for love, strength and evil wards.

In your hall the Fallen ever dine,
on rich healthy food and fine wine.
Valkyries Army will heed your command,
and come Ragnarok will fight sword in hand.

These offerings I give to you and your hall,
so the Fallen may feast come nightfall.
Thank you Fair Freya from my heart to you,
for your protection and all that you do.

11 Likes

I love that :revolving_hearts: I’m tryin to think of my name ‘ but it’s like a tattoo ‘ I don’t have one cuz I feel it’s too hard to choose one ‘ lol ‘

9 Likes

Love the new name @Rowan! @praecog29, do you mind setting my name to Amethyst? I can’t change it from my preferences for some reason.

I also love all the looks of your BOS and BOM! Great job!

Love the poem! You did well. And you could have told a story. Those are words too! Or are you like me, can’t do a short story for the life of you? LOL.

10 Likes

Good morning, I love your choice for a magical name! Perfect! Now, whenever I see them I will think of you too! My grandmother’s favorite stone was amethyst. I have her rings that have the stone in them. I always think of her when I see it or where it. I have a bunch around my room & a couple of pendants.

@Rowan my oldest son was almost named Rowan. We decided on Parker, but it was between one or the other. I think it’s perfect for you! I hope you love it.

@kasandra great name also!

I love seeing the changes & what people are choosing for their names. I think they are all fitting & the meaning behind why they were chosen is the best part.

10 Likes

I just can’t help myself when I’m writing stories lol, they are always longer than is necessary to post on a forum :joy: means they take ages to write as well lol. <3

7 Likes

I love your new name! Perfect!

7 Likes

Aw thank you! Its actually just a nickname I use from time to time. My friends made it up for me originally haha.

6 Likes

@Susurrus @Amethyst thank you!

6 Likes

Done. :slight_smile: I love the name!

6 Likes

My birthstone is amethyst and I really love it, so much so my Daddy got me some comics when Amethyst, Princess of the Gemworld came out from DC back in the early, early '80s. So I’m very attached to the name. I’m glad you like it!

Now we just have to remember who is who with all these name changes! LOL.

I wrote a fanfiction that came in at over fifty good-sized chapters. I know what you mean!

Thank you kind sir! I have good childhood memories attached to it.

6 Likes

Okay, this is gonna be fun for me! LOL. What, I’m a chatty person when it comes to the written word.

First of all, I did my weekly Tarot Poem. I enjoy doing those since I learn so much about the cards.

Then I didn’t know what to write, so I wrote a short poem to Apollo for inspiration. I know there is one on-site but I wanted to jot one down for myself. Here it is:

Prayer to Apollo for Inspiration by Amethyst

Wondrous Apollo, God of the Sun
Shine your love down upon me.
You are the God of so many things in my life,
Sunshine, healing, music, poetry, protection.
I thank you for all of these and more!

I ask for your inspiration today, in helping me to write.
Bless me with your vision and your words.
Let the words flow onto my paper,
Let my inner eye see what I want to write,
and grant that your Muses never forsake me.

Thank you, oh Apollo! For all your creativity and caring!
Blessed be!

Then I got my thinking cap on and realized that while I had written an Elemental Circle Casting, I hadn’t written a banishment to let the circle go. So here that goes:

Elemental Circle Banishment by Amethyst

Lord and Lady, I thank thee,
for protecting all that I see.
Take down your wall of protection and might,
and let the day/night be merry and bright!

Spirit, I thank thee for the capability,
to harness the Circle and its power and capacity.
I bless thee with my thanks and glee,
and release you after spending this time with me!

Element of Earth I give thee thanks,
For comforting soil and rock in ranks.
I let you go with joy I assert,
and let your power go back to the dirt.

Element of Water I give thee acknowledgment and praise,
for all of your eddies and comforting waves.
I dismiss you with all the emotion I’ve saved,
and hope that you make it back to your watery enclave.

Element of Fire I say goodbye to thee with grace,
for all the warmth and flames that do race.
I release you with a heart filled with joy,
and hope that your fires be banked to not destroy.

Element of Air I bid thee goodbye,
as you go back to the joy of the bright big blue sky.
I thank thee with all the air in my lungs,
and hope that you continue to flow over my tongue.

Elements of all, to you I do praise,
for loving and protecting me all of my days!
I release you all from Circle of protection,
And hope that you continue to bless me from every direction!

So mote it be!

I’ve also decided to change my magical name from Kasie to @Amethyst, with help from the gentlemanly @praecog29. And I’ve been journaling each day of the week except for last Monday. And now I’m going to sit down and write myself some fan fiction! LOL.

I love this week’s challenge, can’t you tell? :writing_hand:

7 Likes

I was going to put this in my BOM and I still may, but I want to submit something that happened in the beginning. It was 1994 or 1996 I was a nurse & dabbled with spiritual healing but wasn’t a witch…yet.

Wind that Blows. Fire that burns.
Water that flows and earth that turns.
And lastly Akasha (who had no name then)
who will form the last point in our revered star.
Help me remember my very first time
I was blessed with the gift of magic and time.

“The sister of my heart lay gravely ill.
Double pneumonia threatened her life,
she was so weak, in her body no will.
Taking small packets of salt in my hand,
I cast a crude circle around her sickbed
As I denied entry to all negativity.
All evil repelled and only good allowed.
I felt…more, stronger.
Then I asked the great Mother, beloved of all
to enter her body & chase away her illness.
I felt the need to hold my hands above her body
slowly running them down from head to toe.
I felt what I can only call hot spots that felt wrong.
I willed them into my hands & put them away
With a flick of my fingers to harm no more.
I was stimulated, giddy & trembled at my core.
I had to sit down my legs were so weak.
The ritual done, I thanked all who helped,
The Elements, my Goddess & to a small way, myself.
Each evening I sat by her bed, reading a book
To relax her to rest, then I returned home.
With a prayer I left each night, willing her to fight.
Five days I sat by her & read to my best friend.
Along with modern medicine and a touch of Magick,
She recovered & to this day is well.
Was it because of my spell?
Maybe a little or maybe a lot. In the end she was
better & to me, that was all that mattered.”

Sorry if it was too sappy.
Much love and many blessings
Garnet Anne

9 Likes

My pain is mine dearest. I found that what I wrote became a cathartic
for me. As much as it pained me to write it, afterwards, I felt calm soothed.
I think I forgave myself for surviving when they didn’t. Survivor’s guilt much?

5 Likes