❤️‍🩹 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Wholesome Healers

I haven’t seen everyone’s enteries where my Internet is out but I wanted to make sure mine is in.

I anointed a yellow candle with blessing oil and did this chant:

Great Asclepius, mighty healer, bless me with your gift!
For my leg is hurting and has a rift!
Grant my doctors your wisdom and knowledge,
I must have a remedy that my insurance will acknowledge!
Bless me with healing, knit together my skin,
And let it be strong and supple, not thin.
Wonderous Asclepius, bless this chant on this day,
And let no harm come to me this way.

So mote it be!

11 Likes

It’s time for a friendly reminder!

The coven is truly blessed by all of the beautiful healing energy this week- there are so many talented healers and helpers! Thank you so much to everyone who has shared their healing magick experiences so far :pray::heart:

If you haven’t already shared an entry but would like to join in, please know that you still have some time:

:exclamation: This challenge will close TOMORROW :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and haven’t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline: Tomorrow: August 9th, 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)

Blessed be! :mending_heart: :sparkles:

10 Likes

@CelestiaMoon, you are correct that for her, gentleness was indeed the key to her recovery. By quietly sitting in the room with me, she could decide for herself if and when she wanted to take part in what I was doing and how she wanted to do that.

Thank you for such kind words and support.

10 Likes

@jan_TheGreenWitch, I replied with my thanks yesterday but wanted to reply with a fuller response as well. Thank you so much for SEEING me and understanding. I was running out of options and lo and behold, I only needed to quietly practice witchcraft and it demonstrated peace and safety to her passively.

Never underestimate the power of witchcraft is what I say.

Thank you again for such kind support :hearts:

11 Likes

I’ve been looking for an energy healing course and today one found me, at a special discount for the Lion’s Gate portal day. Really looking forward to it! :relaxed: :white_heart:

7 Likes

Challenge Entry

Among the many things that have happened within the last month, one of them was that I received my Certificate for Crystal Healing. A few days after that, I received heartbreaking news & even though there is distance between us… I wanted to do something for this person.

I found a small notepad with a brown leather cover that closes with a leather strap & a leaf charm at the end of the strap. I used the first few pages to write down the intentions for the following pages regarding the person & then I found a clear picture of the person & affixed it to a blank page. Around the picture I wrote all the things I love about the person & the love & healing energy I wanted to be directed towards them. I went through my box o’ charms… & added quite a few to page with the picture & on the back of that page. I added sigils & bindrune drawings around the picture for protection, love, & healing.

This is so hard to explain because last week was full of the everything :laughing:

In the middle of creating this book, it wasn’t so… smooth sailing because as I was looking for different things I wound up cleaning up different things. As I was cleaning up things, other things would pop in my head like… ooo… you should make that another altar for ancestor’s, loved ones, meditations, sending energy/healing, small works really. So I also was setting up a second altar at the same time.

I strayed from the healing book to the altar and then went around the room on a hunt for the perfect crystals to put in a small pouch to represent the person & to help with the energy being sent. I added:

I put the pouch on the altar next to the book & found a Rose Quartz point to put on top of the page with the picture on it. Then I set up a crystal grid & put the open book in the center with the selected crystals around the book.

I set up my Brigid, her offerings, with a lit white candle & Sage incense. I sat & focused all of my intent & energy on sending all the love, healing, & protection I could possibly send that way. I left everything up overnight. When I woke up in the morning to clear the offerings from the day before & start a new day, I closed the book & left it on the altar, put the crystals back in their pouch, then placed the closed book with the pouch & Rose Quartz point & have kept it on my altar.

I journaled about the experiences each day because this also didn’t all happen in one afternoon. It actually happened over the course of last week. So Wednesday will be a week since I got the book & pouch set up so I will “refresh” the book & crystals so to speak by cleansing & resetting my intentions.

(This is why I use a few pages in the front, about 3 or 4 pages per person, & then a few pages in the back of the book. I did those after I finished adding the charms around the picture & to the back page & then to the back of the book)

So by Friday afternoon, I took at least a 2-hour nap in the afternoon, but the rest of the evening was good & slow & relaxing. Of course, with all the heat, everyone just kind of wants to stay in the house & we find movie themes to watch… :rofl:

13 Likes

Challenge Entry - Wholesome Healers

First off, Happy International Cat Day!!! :cat2: :smiley_cat: :cat:

One of the loves of my life is my cat Donut. I could go on and on about how wonderful and special he is, but I will spare you all my craziness about this creature :laughing:

While his personality is truly remarkable and one of a kind, his health has been remarkable but not in a good way… He struggled right from the beginning with a near-lethal case of Calicivirus which damaged his immune system. Fast forward through 11 years of colitis and rhinitis and more recently diabetes to now and he has a recurrence of a seroma on his neck and a break-through bout of colitis. We aren’t at the end yet, or near it, but it’s enough to remind me that I will have to say a heartbreaking goodbye eventually.

In any case, I chose to do a healing spell for Donut - for his colitis to subside and the seroma to resolve completely.

I ended up mixing two spells to come up with one I liked using this one as the primary.

I used rose quartz for the earth, a seashell for water, a feather for air, and a lighter for fire. I included a paw print we made a few years ago, a leopard figurine and the Strength card from my Grimalikin deck. I dressed a white candle with Frankincense and stuck a few of his shed cat hairs to it.

I lit some palo santo and cleared the space then lit the candle. I entreated Bast:

Great Lady of Cats, hear my request,
I call the four quarters, north and east, south and west,
Spin these energies around Donut in a multi-colored ring,
Recovery and health, to my dear cat now bring.
By all the powers of the earth and sea
As I do will it, then so shall it be.

Modified from Ellen Dugan

I then thanked Bast, cleared my mind, and called upon Artemis for her help healing Donut and allowing him more happiness and time.

I copied the ritual into my journal and while I was letting the glue dry on the pictures I added… this happened :smiley: :heart:

14 Likes

Awww! :smile_cat:
Sweet kitty, may Lady Bast look over you with love and protection :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Siofra Strega,
I love that you put all this energy to help another person! It’s really great energy work! You put so much into your work and I know this person is going to be blessed :innocent: You are a healer and glad to have you by my side and the coven! We are so blessed :innocent:
Jeannie

12 Likes

Thank you @Jeannie1, they hold a piece of my heart & due to the distance I did what I could from where I am.

I actually just opened it for my husband to show him. He’s going to help me affix the charms to the pages & inside the front & back covers. He asked if I was sending it to them & I explained what it is & that it’s something I keep.

So when I think of them I hold the book to my heart or most of the time just look at the small area that is dedicated to the book & items with loving thoughts & memories.

11 Likes

First of all, I apologize because my return key stopped working and I can’t make paragraph breaks :slight_smile: For my weekly challenge entry, I am looking at the magical and medicinal qualities of herbs. One aspect I am looking at are a group of plants classified as adaptogens, plants that lower stress (and have also other health benefits) - they help you “adapt” to adverse events. I learned about Tulsi aka Holy Basil this week from another witch in a metaphysical store. I mentioned being very stressed about my mom (she has dementia and heart probles and was in the hospital). She suggested I try Tulsi tea. She said it lowered cortisol. I looked it up on PubMed and found the studies that showed it was true. Today, I purchased a box of Tulsi tea and made it and it IS really relaxing, not to mention delicious with a pleasant, slightly minty flavor that tastes great without any added sweetener. I had chamomile last night (also an adaptogen) but this Tulsi I drank today feels a little more potent. Other adaptogens that are also used in witchcraft include the Ginseng family of plants, rhodiola and Ashwagandha. So, for gentle emotional healing without nasty side effects, I’d definitely recommend doing some research about adaptogens and trying one of these teas (they are also available as capsules, essential oils and tinctures). Tulsi is used in Ayurvedic healing. The herb is named for a Hindu goddess and is a sacred and important plant in India, in fact, the holiest plant. It is so well-regarded, during the pandemic, crops of Tulsi boomed in India when it was learned that Tulsi contains a compound, eugenol, that inhibits lung inflammation, heart trouble and fever associated with Covid. IIn terms of magickal works, it appears from what I have read that Holy Basil shares correspondences in common with regular basil, such its uses in love, money and protection spells. I think Tulsi tea, alone or in combination with other herbs, would be good before meditation or to have restful sleep, perhaps even dream magic, or in any works associated with Hindu goddesses, such as prosperity-bestowing Lakshmi or Tulasi (the goddess embodiment of Tulsi and also the avatar for Lakshmi). PS If you have a Sprouts grocery store, you can find loads of adaptogens and other natural healing products.

11 Likes

Lol, I was confused about that :blush:

8 Likes

Weekly Witchy Challenge Entry

~The Crones Grove

The last few days have been a little bit cooler so I was able to get out and work in the yard more. It’s really crazy when 90 seems cool :sun_with_face: After several hours of work, I have managed to pull a muscle in my upper back, so I have decided to write about a healing method I learned in my Healing Touch classes.

Pain Drain

• Pain drain is used by holding the left hand on or over the pain area and the right hand lowered as if you were siphoning off the pain. The sensation of pain may move through the healer’s body and exit out of the right hand.
  • When the pain is dissipated and there is no awareness of energy movement through the healer’s body, the hands are reversed with the right hand covering the original pain site and the left hand elevated.
  • This reversal of the hands fills the foid with light energy from the universal energy field.

This technique works almost immediately, and I love it, so I wanted to share it with you. If you decide to use it, let me know how it goes.

Healing Touch Level II Notebook, Mentgen J., Trapp Bulbrook, M.J., 2nd Edition, 1996.

10 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

The coven is truly blessed to have so many healers and helpers- thank you so much to everyone who shared their loving and caring magickal practices this week! :heart::blush:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : This post will remain open for continued discussion for a few more days, but no additional prizes will be given after today.

Blessed be! :mending_heart: :sparkles:

9 Likes

The power of witchcraft is the power of you … us - that’s so powerful when you think about it that whatever we desire and our intentions are ours to claim if we send the right intentions with focus and without sabotaging ourselves — your daughter has this gift if she recognizes it in you and it sounds like she is starting to let go of her fear and embrace what is. Love to you :purple_heart:

10 Likes

Apologies for the long post- making my way through the remainder of the challenge entries! :blush:

@Troy It is really amazing to hear about all of your healing talents and the diversity of your practice, Troy- you have studied so many areas and have a wealth of knowledge in the healing arts! As a Kitchen Witch I especially like the sound of your magickal healing stew- it sounds wholesome and delicious :stew: :two_hearts: Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom, your experiences (the trailer story is really cool!), and your positivity- wishing the same to you, many blessings! :sparkles::blush:

@Martje The way you write about the different sources of energy and their unique, sacred lights is really special- I feel like I am seeing the beautiful light through your eyes! :sun_with_face: :heart: It sounds like through your gentle practice the blockage at your friend’s Thorat Chakra spot was able to be released- congrats to both her and you for the successful healing! :raised_hands: :grinning: It sounds like a very beautiful experience- thank you so much for sharing it, Martje! :two_hearts:

@Phoenix_Fire I really love your creativity- healing comes in many forms, and helping others through connection with natural scents is a really beautiful and thoughtful idea! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: A washing station on its own is very cleansing and healing (not just to help with the usual germs, but to prevent future illness too) and adding soothing scents at the work station takes it to the next level. These are some really brilliant ideas, Danni- well done! :star2:

@Ostara Goodness knows we need drought healing spells right now- that is such a great way to face this challenge, Ostara! :raised_hands: :cloud_with_rain: It’s a really beautiful spell and while I don’t know if it worked for your location in Texas, I can attest that we have been blessed with some much-needed rain here in New England! I imagine your lovely spell (and anyone else who has been casting rain spells lately) have paid off :pray: It will take a while to heal from this summer’s heat damage- may the rains keep coming to heal the earth! :heart:

@crystal5 No need to apologize- I am always looking for cures and treatments for menstrual cramps (and I also think that shouldn’t be a taboo subject- but that’s for another discussion! :wink:) and am very grateful for your recommendation, Crystal! :two_hearts: I usually take ginger tablets (they help mostly with the nausea, but also with menstrual-related digestive issues too), but I’ll have to pair it with honey next time around for the anti-inflammatory benefits. Thanks again- I’m checking out that Women’s Wellness Tea! :pray::blush:

@Destinee2 I am so glad to hear that your meditation practice has been helping you, and that you’ve been enjoying the materials here! :blush: I may not be trans, but I am your fellow woman and I completely feel you with some of the recent bills and laws- not just in the US, but also in Poland where I spend a lot of time. We share our fear, but we also share our hope and our support too :heart::handshake: Keep on meditating, sister! May your lovely practice continue to help empower you and lead the way to a brighter future :muscle: :two_hearts:

@CelestiaMoon Inner work can definitely be oof, but I think that the harder it is to get through, the greater and more valuable the final results! Congrats to you for overcoming it and finding so much love, positivity, and purpose on the other side :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

That sounds like a moment of paradise- gosh, my therapy experiences have never been that much fun! :laughing: Hahaha I need a therapist to go on soothing walks- I bet it is so much more open and freeing to talk out in nature than in a stuffy room or through a computer screen. Perhaps this can become a future trend in therapy? I’m certainly all for it! :raised_hands:

Beautiful work on your healing journey, Celestia- thank you for sharing it! :two_hearts:

@Christina4 I’m sorry about the scary nightmare, but oh wow did you take a bad situation and turn it into a prized opportunity- look at that crystal Eye of Ra!!! It’s GORGEOUS! :star_struck: and not only that but what a clever idea? You really go above and beyond with your crystal work, Christina :blush: Thank you so much for sharing it! :gem::sparkles:

@Wysteria_Norn You make a great point about the healing aspects of alchemy and the possibilities that await in the natural world. You also have a round of applause from this Kitchen Witch- homecooked food has a magick of its own that most definitely heals, both the body and the soul! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :bowl_with_spoon:

@Zari I really look forward to your posts, Zari- they are full of such beautiful wisdom and treasured traditions! :heart: Those are some really great healing tips drawing on natural medicine, herbs, and food to heal in homey and healthy ways :blush:

The story of your aunt is really moving- you have such a kind heart to take her in and give her the love and care she needed. I am so glad that she is doing much better and has embarked on a healthier path!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share the traditions in your family as well as the powerful story- this is a really wonderful entry! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Kasandra Cat magick is particularly tricky to plan- it’s one type of ritual where kitty has to be the one calling the shots! :joy: Marble sounds like such a sweetheart- and truly an impressive hunter too! :smile_cat: May Bast continue to watch over and protect her.

@Amaris_Bane Broken ribs are tough, but luckily your husband has you! That sounds like a really lovely pain rub- you chose some potent herbs and plants to come to the rescue. Thank you for sharing the recipe (as well as the note about staining- this messy girl appreciates the warning :laughing:) and I hope your husband is feeling all better asap! He is certainly in the best of care- many blessings to you both! :two_hearts:

@Satu_TheGreenWitch Your practice is one of love, peace, and natural connection and it sounds like it has a very wholesome effect on those who experience it, even if they aren’t witches themselves. That is such a beautiful story and I am so happy that your practice has helped to heal and bring peace to your household- your daughter is very blessed to have you there taking such good care of her! It sounds like your practice has brought you two even closer together, and that is such a lovely thing :green_heart: Thank you so much for sharing, Satu! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Phoenix_Rose Ticks are nasty little things- I pray your friend continues to recover! The spell setup looks lovely and I am sure your positive thoughts and healing energies have reached him. You are so kind to share your strength with your friend in need- beautiful work, Maudot! :sparkling_heart:

@WitchOfTheForest I’m so glad that the theme resonates with you again- it seems like we are on the same wavelength! :grinning: Your healing really came to the rescue, I am so glad that your partner’s illness has passed and he is back to 100%- congrats to him on healing, and to you for the beautiful and successful spellwork! Great job! :star2:

@Amethyst A gorgeous chant as always- these are so inspiring, Amethyst! You always know how to pick the perfect words :blush: I also appreciate that you based it on Asclepius- I always have to do a double-check on Google to remember which is which, I keep confusing the staff of Asclepius with Caduceus :sweat_smile:

Sending lots of healing energy your way- may Asclepius watch over and grant you His blessings! :medical_symbol::sparkles:

@Susurrus Your healing book and intention are absolutely lovely, Siofra- my heart goes out to both you and the recipient. I am sure they feel your love even across the distance, and they are truly blessed by your generous healing energy :pray::heart: Really beautiful work- I can tell you poured your heart and soul into this! :open_book: :two_hearts:

@Artemisia Hooray for Donut!!! :heart_eyes: You don’t have to do any convincing here- one look and I absolutely believe Donut is a special man :cat: :two_hearts: Despite the troubles with his health, he looks like one happy kitty- I imagine that it is your love and care that keeps him going strong. Beautiful healing spell- thank you for the link! You brought it to life in a really powerful way. May Bast and Artemis smile upon you and Donut and grant you both their healing blessings- it looks like Donut approved your spellwork! :smile_cat: :+1:

@Mary25 Hooray for herbal magick and double hooray for healing teas! :tada: It sounds like Tulsi was a great find and that it has a host of wonderful properties to use. Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom- may Tulsi become a wonderful healing aid and trusty partner in your practice! :herb::two_hearts:

@Marsha Sorry to hear about your pulled muscle, thank goodness you have such a powerful technique to help! Everybody loves treatments that come to your aid quickly :blush: Thank you so much for sharing about Pain Drain- I hope your muscle is fully recovered and that you’re able to get back out and play in the gardens you love! :green_heart:

For anyone who hasn’t already found it, the Props and Presents post for this challenge has launched in the forum and badges have been sent out to everyone who shared an entry.

Healing magick is a really beautiful and helpful area of the Craft- thank you so much again to everyone who jumped in to explore the healing arts and share their care this week!

Much love and blessed be! :mending_heart: :sparkles:

17 Likes

Marsha,
I am glad you were able to extend the light and energy towards healing your pain!
Jeannie

7 Likes

I did & then I actually reset my intentions & asked for assistance from Brighid in healing & protection :smiling_face:

I’m setting up the grid for them tomorrow & I’m hoping to keep it up overnight under my Brighid’s Cross that I made at Imbolc.

8 Likes

Thanks, love! And it’s amazing how many staffs with snakes have medical properties.

6 Likes

You’re telling me! :joy: I cannot keep them apart- thank goodness for Google-sensei who comes to the rescue everytime I need to search Asclepius and Caduceus lol :snake: :laughing:

5 Likes