Which Celtic Goddess You Are Quiz šŸ‘øšŸ»

@Aurora_Hestia , @mary25 and @Red1957 I am veryyy glad that you all enjoyed this quiz my dearest friends!! :hugs: :heart:
Blessed Be! :sparkles:

10 Likes

@mary25ā€¦ we have so many Epona results, Iā€™m curious now!

@Solasta_Amore this is a great quiz, Iā€™m so happy that you shared it with us. :hugs:

10 Likes

With the ā€œbig 3ā€ of Cerridwen, Epona and the Morrigan, and what, a single Brigid, makes me curious too how many possible results there are to this quiz! :laughing: Would be cute if lots and weā€™re all just that similar :relaxed: :revolving_hearts:

Itā€™s been a lot of fun, thank you for sharing it sweetheart! :kissing_heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Blessed be~ :sparkling_heart:

10 Likes

I got Brigid. When I do the Which Celtic God or Goddess Are You quizzes, I usually get the Dagda.

9 Likes

Ya know, I think The Dagda fits you based on what I know about you from here in the coven :blush: and it doesnā€™t surprise me then that you got Brigid here when itā€™s all Goddesses!

10 Likes

I had done the :star: Which Goddess is Calling to You? QUIZ! & got Hecateā€¦ but I have never felt any connection or anything with her specifically. My learning self :nerdface: because we have so many members that work with her though, she does have some similar qualities of an Irish/Celtic Goddess that I do regularly work withā€¦

So I popped on over here to this Celtic Goddess quiz & my result was:

Which is very :thinking: more than making sense & not a coincidence at this time. For a little bit of context of some things that have happened with Her & I since, Iā€™ll start with the end of last week.

The other day I was pulling into my driveway & had to do a double take in front yard. There were 3 Crows :raven: in the front. I have an ā€œhā€ shaped driveway, so they were in the center island of my front yard. Thereā€™s no reason for them to be there that day or at that time. It wasnā€™t trash day, there isnā€™t anything in my yard for them as it was frozen, we emptied the bird bath, there no longer any bird feeders. It is pretty barren & not only that, the crows here are normally up in the trees around my home. Especially when there is a vehicle & a vehicle that is that close or coming closer. They were there until after I exited the car & went up my front porch steps.

Recently I when I do go outside, as soon as I take the first step outside I start to hear crows. When I look up (I always do when I hear them, even before the front door can completely shut when I step out.) I can count 3 crows immediately in the trees around my house (there is one specific one on the side of my driveway where I see at least the first one if there is more or the crow itself) & then others around the trees in the same area, in multiples of 3ā€™s, up to 9 of them. They will caw in sets of 3 either to each other or each crow caws 1 time then thereā€™s a significant pause before they caw again. Always in multiples of 3. So I know when sheā€™s around OR itā€™s just the crows being crows.

The Morrigan can be a singular or 3 sistersā€¦ so 3 x 3 would be 9. Normally I say I see you, I hear you, thank you for being here. Always some type of acknowledgment and gratitude. I know, I will be in touch, I hear you. Things along those lines if not, thinking I really need to do this & meet with Her.

Since Friday morning (I had to leave my house very shortly after I woke up, definitely before I could even make a coffee :coffee: but was by myself in the car.) I remember, at first when I looked as I started down my street & approaching my driveway when I saw the 1, I was kind of :thinking: not shocked more likeā€¦ ā€œUm, wow! What is going on?ā€ when I noticed there were 3 crows :raven: in my front yard. So much so, I actually missed the entrance I typically use & continued by my front yard to the 2nd, looking to make sure that it was in fact 3 crows I was seeing in my front yard. (Itā€™s something that hasnā€™t happened before), I was looking & watching them thinking, I definitely see you. I know there is absolutely :100: something. Iā€™m going to be in contact as soon as I can be. As I exited my car, the intermittent cawing started between them. They stayed there though, even turning toward me as I got out & went to the front porch. When I turned around at the top, they were all still there facing me. When I opened the door, they each cawed once then flew off together & up into the tree next to my house.

From there though, in the morning (still before coffee :coffee: sadly) life exploded :boom:

Today (Sunday) is the first day that I have been able to do anything of my own, for the house, or anything. When I took the other Goddess quiz & had the result of Hecate but I donā€™t work with her or feel called or connected to her in any way. It took a few but then hit me that Hecate is very similar in ways to my Goddess the Morrigan. It wasnā€™t a surprise that this was my result when I came to this quiz & the Morrigan was there.

Needless to say, one my house is empty of peopleā€¦ (Work & school tomorrow) I will be meeting with the Morrigan & working with Her. This is definitely a, ā€œHey! Stop putting me off even if itā€™s unintentional! Get on it! Like NOWā€

I knew that it was necessary, but I think this is the push to purposefully set aside the time to do so. Sheā€™s done waiting :laughing: :revolving_hearts:

11 Likes

I also just took this older quiz and got:

For the Goddess Quiz: I got Triple Goddess.

And for the Gods Quiz: I got Odin.
Interesting the connection between Odin and the Morrigan with the ravens and the crows.

I didnā€™t know this - but it also connects the Morrigan with the Triple Goddess.

Iā€™m exploring how I will reach out to these deities in my practice. Iā€™ve started incorporating the Triple Goddess in my spellwork. And perhaps incorporating deities into my altar setup as well. Still feeling it all out.

12 Likes

Itā€™s fun to get back to these old quizzes! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Iā€™m still most like Cerridwen :blush: :witch_cauldron: :heart_on_fire:

11 Likes

Hi :wave: @BlueAngelite, a bit of difference between The Triple Goddess & the Morrigan as a ā€œTriple Goddessā€ that you should be aware ofā€¦ ā€œThe Triple Goddessā€ referenced in the Which Goddess is calling you forum quiz is that she is a Maiden, Mother, Crone archetype, where the Morrigan is not.

Triple Goddesses in Irish/Celtic paganism are different than Triple Goddess in other belief systems. In Irish paganism, a Triple Goddess is one that is more likely to be 1 of 3 sisters or different aspects or both. Such as Brighid. She is also a Triple Goddess but not in the Maiden, Mother, Crone sense. She is also 1 of 3 sisters of the same name & multiple associations. More commonly, healing, poetry, smithwork.

The Morriganā€™s association with Ravens & Crows corvids :raven: are different, her association is that she would shapeshift & fly or as an omen of death, helping them to crossover. More prophetic of what is to come. One of her sisters is directly associated with the Hooded Crow which is found in Ireland, but is representative of the sister. The Morrigan is very calculated, being a very strong Goddess & Great Queen, she always has an agenda or plan to come to a desired outcome. She uses her abilities to achieve those outcomes. She could tell of the outcome of battle or be a great influence on that outcome but also be a warning of death in battle should a soldier see a woman washing 'Washer at the Forde" armor before battle, it was a sign that they would die during the battle. Should there be a death, as a raven she was known to rest on the body of the fallen soldier or their shoulders depending on the situation & who that may be that had died. She didnā€™t take kindly to be deceived or someone otherwise disrespecting or lying, & would be sure to outwit them when they thought they had succeeded no matter how long it took or how she had to do so. She would also help where she could as long as there was a benefit to her & the one being assisted or wanting help with an outcome.

Odin, his 2 Ravens are named Huginn (thought) & Muninn (memory/mind) & sit on his shoulders. They fly all over & return to tell Odin about everything that they see & hear. Odin does shapeshift & also is known to make sacrifices to obtain knowledge such as the Runes. To gain the knowledge of the Runes he had hung himself from the ash tree that connects the 3 worlds in Germanic/Norse Mythology. Another story says that in order to gain the knowledge he drank from the Well of Wisdom but to obtain the drink he had to sacrifice 1 of his eyes. He is widely known as the God of Wisdom & Poetry, encouraging his people to seek for knowledge & gain whatever they are able to, Odin was also known to freely share the knowledge he would gain.

Absolutely incorporate deities if you feel called to do so & reach out to those you feel called to work with as well. Learn about them, read their stories, associations, & history. There is so much information out there that is wonderful on many of the deities. You can learn a lot about them, working with them, offerings, & connecting with them.

ā†’ Odin: Symbols, Signs, & Mythology: Spells8
ā†’ The Triple Goddess: Symbols, Meanings, History: Spells8
ā†’ The Morrigan: Goddess Offerings, Signs, Symbols, & Myth: Spells8

If any of that information continues to pique your interest, itā€™s worth looking into each of them using reliable resources to read their stories, mythology, history, working with them & all the things :hugs:

@CelestiaMoon, Cerridwen still doesnā€™t surprise me for you at all :revolving_hearts:

15 Likes

Thanks for all this info @Susurrus I am definitely a noob at all of this!
Always learning. :full_moon_with_face:
Iā€™ll read more about them.

13 Likes

@Cosmic_Curiosity i got The Morgan too, which really signifys to me that she is trying to connect with me because this is tge second time today I got signs of her. One was in a vision while meditating, and I never learned much about celtic mythology, so to me it seems pretty significant.

13 Likes

@patricia2 it sounds pretty significant if itā€™s the 2nd time in recent days! :revolving_hearts: She is a wonderful Goddess to work with. I hope it goes well for you & you continue learning about Her!

@BlueAngelite youā€™re very welcome! Honestly, the main reasons I have learned so much is because of ever evolving practice & very curious & inquistiveā€¦ I guess, nature. Once I started working with Brighid & then all of a sudden The Morrigan showed up, Iā€™ve been on quite the learning quest of all I can :laughing:

My oldest son works with Odin & the Norse, mainly Odin. Then I wound up in a rabbit hole of learning about the Elder Futhark Runesā€¦ I find myself in different rabbit holes all the time. Sometimes it starts out as a minor curiosity or 1 question & Iā€™m lost in learning :nerd_face:

14 Likes

I got:

For the other quizzes I got Gaia and The Horned Godā€¦not too familiar with them to know if theyā€™re connectedā€¦interesting to consider that there could be a connection

10 Likes

Hi :wave: @Sivonnah! Another one with the Morrigan! :partying_face: She is a very strong & willful Goddess to work with if you choose.

Gaia is the Greek Goddess, Mother of Earth & All Life, or in Wicca the Goddess or Lady. In Celtic Mythology Gaia would be closely associated with Danu.

The Horned God is like her counterpartā€¦ representing animals, nature, wilderness, life cycle. In Greek the Horned God would be Pan, in Celtic Mythology he would be Cerunnos, in Wicca he is just that The Horned God & the life force energy of animals & the wild.

(Basic information really, but I hope the idea comes across the right way)

As in Norse Mythology, the ā€˜Chaos Godā€™ is Loki, but in Celtic, the ā€˜Chaos Godā€™ would be Balor, chief of the demonic Fomorians that wound up at war with the Tuatha de Danaan over Ireland at the time.

(Again very generalized because I tend to ramble :rofl:)

10 Likes

Itā€™s fine! I was just wondering if there was a connection or commonality between the 3

10 Likes

The Morrigan is associated with the Tuatha de Danaan as is Danu.

Tuatha de Danaan translates to the Tribe of Danuā€¦ or The People of Danuā€¦ or Tribe of Gods itā€™s variable due to translations & interpretations over time. Either way, Danu is closely related to the Tuath & an important piece of that tribe, people, family. The Morrigan is another highly important figure of the same tribe, people, family.

Danu has a strong connection to the land & water. A Goddess of fertility, bounty, plenty, prosperity, wind, rivers, water, wells, wisdom, and inspiration. Danuā€™s stories in Irish mythology are a bit more, :thinking: not lost but harder to find as far as genealogy, origins, & information.

The river Danube is thought to be named after her & she may have other ā€˜namesā€™ to reference her: Anu, Anand, Danand. She is still considered Mother Goddess of the the ā€˜Tuatha de Danaanā€™ but not specifically the entire tribe or peopleā€™s literal mother. In some cases yes but others no. One thing is known that the entire Tuatha de Danaan were supernatural, otherworldly beings that fully interacted with humans & had an amazing understanding of arts, healing, sciences, language, & teachings. (Irish Mythology is quite a tangle :rofl:)

There are a lot of misconceptions & misunderstandings surrounding The Morrigan (one of which that she is Celtic when its almost excluaively Irish, as itā€™s Irish Mythology, Stories, Cycles where she appears in about every one & not Celtic as Celtic on the whole is much larger than Ireland.) She is depicted as a Goddess to be feared even demonized; when she has many different attributes & is widely misunderstood. None of those are as a sex goddess or bad or evil.

She also isnā€™t a handholder when things need to be done for yourself or healing. More of this is what YOU need to do & can be more contractual with a means to an end. You do this & in return I will walk with you & protect you & be by your side; but I wonā€™t do it for you.

She is a shapeshifter so looks can be more fluid whether woman or animal, but when described she is with red hair & eyebrowsā€¦ She is fierce, but in a way that she is a great protector, sees over battle, warfare, life, death, magic, shapeshifting, change, prophecy, fate, guardian & peotector of Her land & people. Modern times is worked with as a Sovereignty Goddessā€¦ Your sovereignty & personal battles, change, fate in staying true to who Her & the things she did & represents in just about every Irish mythological story before Christian monks translated & rewrote those stories.

The Horned God in Celtic mythology is Cerunnos. Another God whose stories have been lost so there isnā€™t much written or to be found. He was the God of animals, wildlife, nature, Lord of the Wild Things, & cycles of life & death. He is normally found as a God with horns & a beard found in the woods or forest where he is considered the most comfortable.

(Sorry rambling againā€¦ Iā€™ll take a break & be back)

12 Likes

12 Likes

Ooo another Cerridwen too! Her stories are fascinating too! My brain isnā€™t currently on top of things at the moment, but I know Iā€™ve come across her & looked into her too!

13 Likes

Never heard of her, maybe I have to search her story :thinking:

15 Likes

Not sure if youā€™ve found or not already, but She has an informational page on Spells- Iā€™ll drop it here in case youā€™re interested! :heart:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

13 Likes