Witchy Music What's Your Favorite?

Wichy Music, Who are some of your favorite artists and groups?

16 Likes

Damnh the Bard and Incubus Succubus. I like Spiral Dance too.

9 Likes

I agree, I’ve learned a lot from Dahm the Bard Music. For instance, the Gaelic word for the British Isles is Albion.

8 Likes

Uf! I have a few good ones, but to mention and post one of them. I picked Heilung.

12 Likes

I’m going to look into some of these. I have one that I listen to during my ritual showers, I got the song from Spells*… it’s through Woke Nation. I have listened to it when I am in my room too cleaning or cleansing.

I would love to find some that I can add to my playlist for the car or when I am just listening to my playlist on shuffle.

8 Likes

Link to the full show.

10 Likes

One of my favorite bands: FAUN

Heilung is awesome too. Thanks for sharing that concert, Pedro!

A must-hear also: Wardruna

And some pagan music for the season:

Beautiful Darkness: Celebrating the Winter Solstice

13 Likes

I think these songs/groups are going to be a big part of my tomorrow. I’m gong to have a witchy day. I have some things planned starting with the Shadow Meditation and doing a Yule Pinecone Ornament, a Witch’s Ball for my tree and room, I have a ritual for Elderberry syrup, tarot pull for the week ahead (I’ve graduated to a 4 card pull), setting up my planner pages & adding some things to my big BOS, Shadow work… I know that’s redundant, and my spells that I wrote today. Music in the background would be lovely!

8 Likes

There’s lots of them, Fsun, Omnia, Blackmore, and Skeed are some of my favorites. Skeed has a lot of instrumentals that are great for your background sounds for meditation and ritual workings.
Lisa Thiel has a wonderful selection. One of Lisa Thiel’s albums is called “Invocation”. it has all you need for any Sabbat ritual. She has a wonderful song that casts the circle and calls the quarters. She has another on the same album that banishes the quarters and opens the circle. Also in the album are little parts of just music for asperging the space, or cakes and ale, or for after ritual grounding. There’s also an appropriate song for each Sabbat. You can use your computer to put together an appropriate playlist.
Stevie Witchey Nicks should be remembered too.

11 Likes

@john4 oh that is very helpful information. I am definitely coming back to this thread in the morning. I have a couple of small things to do before I start my witchy day, but the very first thing I am doing is @SilverBear meditation. Then I will get them done & start my witchy Sunday.

5 Likes

Wendy Rule and Loreena McKennet are good too. Here’s a Wendy Rule song.

11 Likes

My absolute favorite -

12 Likes

Love this band, they also did a song for one of my favorite video games. Hell blade.

7 Likes

Witchery

5 Likes

This is one of my favorites, I first heard it in 07 when I was going through my first year and a day with a coven.

10 Likes

Mumi handpan, not a witchy music but a well known song from Metallica. Nothing else Matters.

13 Likes

@Susurrus beat me to say WOKE NATION- I also found them through the forums here and their music is amazing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

And backing up Francisco- another vote for FAUN from me! :laughing: My all-time favorite of theirs is “Federkleid”:

I had forgotten about Lorenna McKennet, @john4! She is amazing. My favorite of hers is “The Mummers Dance”:

Lots of awesome songs and artists in here! Can’t wait to find a few new favorites :grin::musical_note:

10 Likes

I didn’t get to have my witchy day yesterday, so I am going to take some time today to have it. I’m going to play these songs, probably from my laptop and do a few things today that I want to get done. I just have to thank everyone for their suggestions these are great. This is a great thread @john4 thank you for starting it.

6 Likes

Nosferatu I do like the band’s music.

7 Likes

She has a song that is actually a poem written by Alfred Lord Tenyson called the Lady of Chalotte. It’s a real tear jerker. A box of tissue is needed for that one.

7 Likes