Blessed Bath Blends šŸ›

In celebration of my new apartmentā€™s bathtub, Iā€™ve been experimenting a lot lately with Bath Blends! :bathtub::rose:

These are quick, simple, and very easy blends using the things I already have lying around! :+1: Since they cost nothing extra to make, Iā€™m offering this as my own addition to this weekā€™s Witchy Challenge on Being a Thrifty Witch :money_with_wings:

To make a bath blend, choose a combination of ingredients:

• Flower petals/buds- I almost always have a bouquet on the table, so when the flowers are almost wilted, I get one more use out of them! You could also use fresh petals from garden flowers or dried petals. My favorite to use are roses :rose:

• Herbs- same as flowers, both dried or fresh will work! I highly recommend chamomile for itā€™s soothing skincare properties. Calendula is also lovely and healing for the skin. Lavender has a gentle and relaxing scent. If you donā€™t have fresh or dried herbs, you can consider using an extract [:exclamation: But be careful with extracts and essential oils- they should only be used in very small quantities, and some may cause irritation to your skin!]

• Salt- Salt dissolves in bath water and has a host of medicinal and magickal benefits. I always have Seat Salt in the kitchen cupboard, but you may consider using purified salt like a Salt Cleanser Blend, or try Himalayan Sea Salt or Lava Salt (with activated charcoal). You may even consider using a blend of magickal Black Salt!

• Crystals- Adding a charged crystal to your blend will help to give your blend the qualities of the crystal you use. I almost always include my favorite Orange Aventurine stone to help draw in joy and good fortune :sun_with_face:

If you have the time, leave the bath blend on a windowsill overnight to charge it with the power of the moon :full_moon:. You could also say a chant, although I usually prefer to focus my intent mentally as I make the blend :sparkles:

(For the blend in the picture above, I actually let the mix soak in just an inch of water for an hour or so before I took my bath- I wanted to let the water really soak up the goodness of the petals! :rose: )

And ta-dah! Add the mix to your next hot bath for a beautiful, luxurious, and blessed experience :blush::rose:

Iā€™m not at the level of making fancy bath bombs yet- but maybe soon! :grin: I love how simple but delightful these easy blends are to make. And, if you use what you have on hand, a little luxury in the bath is totally free! :sparkles:

Blessed Be (and Happy Baths!) to All! :bathtub::rose:

23 Likes

Beautiful :heart: I love a bath blend / bath soak :bath:

5 Likes

I am envious of your bathtub! It is beautiful :heart_eyes: Bath ritual is something I want to start doing now that I also have a bathtub, but I canā€™t let things float around or clog up the drain, so I am actually planning on getting some of those tea bags that you can refill and using those to hold my ingredients - like a bath tea lol

6 Likes

Oh that looks lovely :heart_eyes:
Unfortunately I donā€™t handle heat well so baths make me super dizzy. But I can still admire the aesthetic :laughing:

5 Likes

A great idea! :grin: :+1: Sometimes when Iā€™m feeling lazy Iā€™ll just throw a chamomile tea bag or two into the bath- it makes the water nice and soothing, is super quick and easy, and thereā€™s no clean-up at all! :laughing:

Oh no, sorry to hear it! Maybe a lukewarm or chill bath would be okay? In summer when it gets very hot, it can be nice to have a cold bath from time to time! :bathtub::snowflake:

6 Likes

Do you have low blood pressure maybe?
I have low BP and I get dizzy in hot baths too, so I have them luke warm and run the cold tap :snowflake: towards the end of bathing, so when I stand up, the bath has cooled. It helps alot and itā€™s bizzarely refreshing! :joy:

6 Likes

oh love your bathub! I had a nice one in our last place but this one is just a bathtubā€¦lol I do a lot of herbal soaks,ā€¦as a matter of fact, all my baths are herbal soaksā€¦they are soo relaxing and mind opening

5 Likes

go lukewarm, donā€™t worry about it, when the water starts to chill too much, add a little more warm. A lot of people cantā€™ handle the hot water or even the steam

5 Likes

Very true! :grin: Hahaha I know how it is- I started with just a special herb bath here and there, but they are so nice and relaxing, now almost every bath I want to add a bath blend too :bathtub::rose:! I havenā€™t had a completely normal bath in weeks- always gotta throw a little bath salt or some petals in! :laughing:

4 Likes

Not that I know of at least :thinking:

And true, lukewarm baths are ok! Maybe Iā€™ll give it a try again :blush:

6 Likes

Question for you all!

What do you all do with herbs used in your spiritual baths when you are finished?

6 Likes

I either let them go down the drain or put them in the trash or compost. It depends, really. I donā€™t do much spiritual bathing with loose herbs because itā€™s just messy lol

4 Likes

@BryWisteria congratulations on the bathtub! I know your delight in having one. My current apartment doesnā€™t have a bathtub, just a stand- up showerā€¦ ( Do miss it. However, i have a patio. Compromise lolā€¦)Your bath ritual looks amazing! Blessed bath rituals!

5 Likes

I donā€™t have a bath tub either! Downside to full-time RV living. Iā€™ve been researching how to do these with showers but have to figure out how to make it work with my shower head.

7 Likes

Great question @sarah29! :+1: I second the advice Megan gave- loose-leaf herbs or flower petals in ritual baths can be scooped up and disposed of in many of the same ways you can dispose of ritual offerings.

Having the petals and herbs float around is very atmospheric, but if youā€™re short on time or donā€™t want to deal with the mess, you can tie them up neatly in a little cheesecloth/muslin ball, put them into a one-use teabag, or just use a pre-made teabag (chamomile tea bags are a favorite of mine- most stores carry them, and they make a lovely bath!) :bathtub: :blossom:

Thank you so much, @walter! :heart: Itā€™s been a delight- perfect for ritual baths and end-of-the-day relaxation! :bathtub: :relaxed:

Lots of benefits of being on the road @Amaris_Bane, but I understand the longing for a bathtub! Luckily, itā€™s pretty easy to make it work- hereā€™s some advice on how to adjust bath rituals into shower rituals. There were some lovely shower ritual ideas shared as entries to the Bath/Shower Challenge a while too that may help to inspire you! Happy shower rituals! :shower: :sparkles:

10 Likes

Thank you @BryWisteria ! I will check those out.

6 Likes

I also want to pop in here to say that I did an entire video on my channel about ritual baths without a bathtub :heart: It might help give you some ideas

ā†’ Ritual Bath Alternatives šŸ§¼ No Bathtub Required! [CC] - YouTube

7 Likes

Thank you @MeganB . Great ideas for tub-less dwellers. I also do a leave on bath. I bring, chamomile, sage, flower-petals or rose-petals and various herbs to a light boil. Let it cool down. Light some candles, incense, and witchy music while i shower. Whole time Iā€™m showering I recite an intention for whatever purpose im needing at the time. Have my usual shower and when im done, i pour the ritual bath over me and let it dry on me. Its especially great to do right before bedtime for me. I let the infused magick fill my dreams.

I may do a moon- bath like this tomorrow.

Thank you for sharing.

Blessed be.

6 Likes

Thanks @MeganB! That has great information for bathtub-less ideas!

5 Likes

Oh thank you for your kind words :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thatā€™s a great idea @walter ā€“ Iā€™ll have to give that a try someday!

4 Likes