Circle Casting gone wrong?

I’m feeling perplexed and am hoping to get some input and/or guidance.

I seem to be experiencing “sightings” when I am just about to fall into a deep sleep. Here is what happened:

About a month ago, I went to sleep in my daughter’s bedroom as my husband was watching TV in ours. As I am ready to fall asleep, with no apparent reason, I became quite alert and was focused on the doorway. What I noticed (trust me I sat right up) was a black orb floating towards me. It looked like a huge black cotton ball with tentacles (that image is engraved in my brain). I watched as the orb floated by my head and vanish through the wall behind me. I remember distinctively uttering “What the…?”. The following day, hubby asked me what I was fussing about. His response was that I was dreaming. Okay, perhaps! I know for certain that I wasn’t as I could still see the light and sound from the TV but I accepted his “theory”.

Now it seems there are more occurrences happening. It was iridescent bubbles one night (looked like bubbles in a fish tank), then a few days later brown swirling smoke, and now last night – black metal stars. It starts at eye level then dissipates through the bedroom wall. I don’t get any positive or negative vibe: it is just there! I’ve been trying to do some research to determine what this all means. As far as I know, Brown and Black are considered negative energies. Now, this is what is concerning me!

I am associating this to casting a circle that I performed about a month ago because this has never happened to me before. I am wondering whether my casting was not up to par. Perhaps I wasn’t properly centered/grounded. Perhaps I was too focused on conducting the perfect ritual and didn’t show my confidence in what I was saying/doing? Did I inadvertently allow something in? Did I leave out an important step? This is completely new to me and I want to learn – but safely of course.

Another consideration is have I programmed myself to wake up at a certain time and my subconscious mind comes up with these “occurrences” making me believe in what I see? If that’s the case, I’m okay with that. However, I would like to know if there is something that I should/could/need to do from a craft perspective?

3 Likes

Does this usually happen when you’re about to fall asleep?

If that’s the case, I think the most sensible explanation is Hypnagogia, a type of hallucination that is very common in healthy people when going from wakefulness to sleep.

The Wikipedia page on Hypnagogia includes examples of sights, sounds, and other sensations that are totally normal.

In this state, when you receive sensory information (vibrations, light, etc), your brain has to interpret that information. Usually it gets it right but sometimes it doesn’t, resulting in a hallucination.

I can’t know if what you experienced was a spiritual encounter or not but I do know that our brains play tricks on us especially when we are in this “threshold consciousness”, going into deep sleep.

If you are concerned it may have some deeper meaning, I recommend cleansing your room (and a house blessing if possible).

Don’t cast a circle if you don’t feel comfortable doing it, or simply wait and try again after some time! Use this guided circle casting video as practice (or this calling the quarters video).

4 Likes

To answer your question - yes, just when I feel my body going into a deeper sleep.

I have never heard of Hypnagogia. Thank you @Francisco for the insight. I’m going to definitely read up on it. It makes sense because when “seeing” this, I don’t have an emotional reaction e.g. happy, or feeling afraid, or sad.

Also, to my things to do, I will definitely perform a house cleanse/blessing with some Sage and/or Palo Santo this weekend. I have some in my repertoire! Once again, thank you :blush: :slight_smile:

I will have to revisit my notes and the video for the next time :). Perhaps I was being too regimented.

2 Likes

That’s great!! I’m glad to be of help!

Other possible ways of doing a cleansing at home are:

• Prepare Moon water and sprinkle it on your bed, furniture, doors, etc.
  • Place a handful of sea salt on the floor in each bedroom and then sweep it out with a broom.
  • Burn incense or essential oils of any protecting/purifying plants (lavender, rosemary, aloe, mugwort).
  • Place black tourmaline near the doors to your home.
  • Sprinkle salt in every corner of your house.
  • Play music/vibrations such as healing gongs or healing frequencies.
  • Protect your home with a waterfall ward wash of the doors.
3 Likes

Francisco gives some wonderful advice here and that Hypnagogia would be my first recommendation. I would also recommend taking note if anything like this happens during the day as you may want to have your eyes checked for floaters and protein buildup. I bring this up just because, as you said, you don’t feel any sort of way about these things that you’re seeing.

I highly suspect that it is simply Hypnagogia though. That is a very likely explanation. However, I will never say that cleansing and blessing your home is a bad idea lol I don’t want to discount what you’re seeing and brush it off as nothing but a physical or psychological manifestation. Cleansing your home and yourself is a very good next-step when talking about these figures in a magickal manner.

2 Likes

Thank you for your suggestion. I actually read up on it as I had mentioned, I never heard of it before. For now, luckily, it occurs when I’m just about to go into a deeper sleep. Never during the day. This weekend is definitely a “Cleaning” moment. I will reiterate - this forum is so WONDERFUL. I love the input that is provided but with no judgment attached. If I was to address this to family/friends, they would automatically think that I’m imagining things, that I’m too stressed, etc. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :hugs: Once again a heartfelt thank you!

3 Likes

Absolutely! I’m glad you like it here :heartpulse: and I really value that you enjoy the time you spend here and the input that you receive. There should never be any judgement when it comes to things like this because, as we all know, everyone has different experiences and beliefs!

I am glad to hear that this occurrence only happens at night when you’re getting ready to fall asleep. This is a good sign that there is nothing wrong with your eyes and that you don’t have any buildup.

Let us know how your cleansing goes and if it has an effect on the occurrences of the floating orbs!

2 Likes

I certainly will. @MeganB :slight_smile: :hugs:

3 Likes

You’re welcome, Ana!!

:laughing: :laughing: Found here

3 Likes