Merry Meet Monday - Forum News! January 18th 💕

A warm welcome and very Merry Meet Monday to all ! :heart:

Here’s the latest about upcoming events and forum news:

:sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these events!

[ [ Moon Phase: First Quarter Moon :first_quarter_moon: ] ]

Depending on your location, you will be blessed by the light of this moon phase tonight- Wednesday, January 20th

You can find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

Waxing-Moon-Spells-Rituals

The Moon Magick Guide to First Quarter Moon Magick on Spells8 says the following:

This is an excellent time to take action regarding your deepest wishes and to address your biggest blockages. It is a great time for growth and self-healing . As a continuation of the previous phase, the energies present at this time can help you feel more lucid and aware of how your intuition and second natures are developing.

Looking for ideas for spells and rituals specific to the First Quarter Moon? The Waxing Moon Spell Page has a lot of information including history, meanings, and a collection of spells and rituals that work in harmony with this moon phase.

Happy moon magick! :first_quarter_moon:

[ [ Group Ritual- Together with the Coven :handshake:] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual and tea meditation on Thursday, January 21st - this activity is open to all members of the forum! :coffee:

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect, and look for an announcement on the main page of the forum for details about this week’s group ritual :hugs:

[ [ Upcoming Astronomical Events :milky_way: ] ]

From the Sun in Aquarius to Vesta Retrograde- the heavens have a lot in store for us this week!

To learn about the numerous upcoming astronomical events this week, check out the amazing post by @Abs53:

WC 18th January - The Sun in Aquarius, First Quarter Moon and Vesta is Retrograding :ringer_planet:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

Some other non-witchy but interesting (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week:

Look ahead at more upcoming events in the Spells8 2021 Pagan Holiday and Wiccan Calendar :spiral_calendar:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These are current activities that can be joined any time before their deadlines

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Of the Element Water :ocean:

This challenge will close Tuesday, January 19th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift: And as always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join in the challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - Of the Element Water :ocean:

[ [ Divination Discussion :crystal_ball: ] ]

Ready to put your divination skills to the test? Hoping for feedback on your readings? Join in for this week’s Divination Discussion to gain new insights and experience different methods of divination :mag:

Ready to put your skills to the test? You can divine here: Divination Discussion :crystal_ball: See the Symbols

Be sure to get your entry in by the deadline: Wednesday, January 20th !

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

The Energy Exchange Circle is a way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Circle 2021 Wiki .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

New Members :wave:

A very warm welcome and merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week:

@crystal14, @tasha2, @samantha22, @bela1, @edgardo2, @harper1, @rose4, @sarah24, @gabriella, @cait, @atiya, @reneigh1, @pamela11, @eugenie, @destiny3, @shaqwanda, @stephanie24, @jessica41, @RiverSage50, @mercedes, @delia2, @tammy7, @jasmyne, @nicholle, @aimee, @jessica42, @lydia2, @marcedes, @jennifer41, @stephanie25, @vincent2, @emily16, @daria1, @shae, @elizabeth12, @brittany19, @elizabeth16, @robert1, @janine, @ashley22, @johnny1, @brittany20, @alison2, @areewattanawi, @amanda26, @julieann, @gaurav, @sofia3, @vanessa13, @chanen, @colleen, @marta, @hillary, @joshua4, @freja, @tamitha, @natalee, @kimberly21, @michael6, @nuria, @satu, @sarah25, @nikki3, @anaya, @jewel1, @ashley23, @parker, @rynetta

If you haven’t done so already, feel free to go to Introductions and create your first post. Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout Outs :mega:

• Bravo to @Jeannie1 for writing the most posts in the forum over the last 7 days! :writing_hand: Your joyful positivity and beautiful spark are always inspirational- thank you for being you :sparkles:

• Big hugs back to @Berta, who liked the most posts in the forum- on a 2-week-streak! :heart: The kindness and love you share create such a welcoming home here for all- we are so blessed by your generous heart :pray:

And of course a very hearty thank you must be said to all members of the Spells8 coven! Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world- you are all wonderful :sparkles:

How are you feeling as the seasons creep along and Imbolc waits on the horizon? :seedling: Any spellwork or fun happenings in your plans for the week ahead? :thinking:

Give a shout to your fellow coven members and share what’s on your mind in the comments below!

In a world where the only constant is change, let your magick guide you forward to brighter and better things

Sending love and light- Blessed be! :sparkling_heart::candle:

6 Likes

Yay to @Jeannie1 and @Berta for sharing their love for the community!

No big plans for me this week. I’ve got my heart doctor’s appointment on Thursday so I’m waiting for that. I’m getting more nervous the closer I get to it. But other than that all is good for me. I still don’t know when the plumbers will get to my apartment, but it’ll probably be when it’s most inconvenient to me. They’re still working on the hallways.

Hope all of y’all are having a good Monday!

3 Likes

Congratulations to @jeannie1 and @berta! Great job! It’s nice to see you in the forum & be able to talk to you each day. I certainly look forward to the forums too!

I hope everyone has a great week. I actually have no Dr or any kind of real appointments. The only thing I have to do this week is put my son’s car on the road for him. Then he will be getting his license and be good to go. It’s a very exciting time for him in the house and he is looking forward to having it. He’s been waiting 2 years. Covid really messed up his driver’s ed and drive times, but we made sure that he got everything he needed for it done. A little late, but it got done.

I’m happy that I have very little going on this week, it’s easier to organize the upcoming month if I have some time off to make sure everything is doing what it should. I also got my household stuff done early today, so I have some time.

I have started pulling my 4 card spread in the mornings and I make sure to journal each day too. I’m also being more mindful of making sure there is an uplifting scent in my diffuser each day for my room. Today I have Jasmine in it, the past week or two I have had geranium in there. Geranium is good for health, love, & abundance. I decided to switch it up because I think I am actually going to do a jar spell today. I’m just not sure what I want to include in it & I have to take inventory of what I have to do a spell. I remembered that I was kind of running low on some things & never replenished them. I have to get more rose & lavender & I believe chamomile. That’s just off the top of my head. I know there are others. I would love to do a simmer pot this week too. I have to slow down and take things one at a time or I will overwhelm myself before I even start.

I hope everyone has a great week. Mine has started off pretty good. A little slow at first, but now I am feeling good & am able to move about without too much discomfort. So I am going to take advantage of it while I can.

5 Likes

Congratulations on having no doctor appointments this week! If you’re like me that’s quite a happening! LOL.

2 Likes

Wishing you the best of luck with the appointment and the plumbers- like with most things, the waiting tends to be the hardest part! :sweat_smile: Hopefully these events will be behind you soon, Kasie. These things aside, I hope it’s a relaxing and peaceful week for you! Sending good thoughts your way :blush::heart_decoration:

Congrats to your son on nearing the end of the driving journey- wishing him luck when he goes for his license! It sounds like it’s been a long process so it’s wonderful it will come to a close soon. Good for him! :blush: And congrats to you for the peaceful week- it sounds like a relaxing and soothing time where you can explore your craft :relieved: Enjoy, Krissie! :two_hearts:

3 Likes

Thank you dear! I’m hoping things will settle down. I only have to go out once next week so I’m hoping for a bit of a rest.

3 Likes

Congrats @jeannie1 and @berta! :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart:

@Susurrus, how do you like the 4 card spreads? Can you share a picture of the way you do it? I am always curious about those kinds of things. :slight_smile:

@Amethyst, everyone here is pulling for you on Thursday with the appointment. I hope you get good news. It’s natural to get nervous but remember how much support you have here and you can rest your mind on us and through meditation. Plumbers, do your jobs in a hurry! :sweat_smile:

I totally need to celebrate Popcorn Day.

No plans this week. I was so busy last week that I am taking the week off from life. :rofl: Hopefully work is slow. :wink:

4 Likes

Thank you @praecog29! I appreciate the support. :smiley:

4 Likes

If you watch a comedy movie, maybe you can celebrate Popcorn Day and Belly Laugh Day all at once! :rofl::popcorn:

Have a nice and relaxing week, Benjamin! Take it easy- you deserve a soothing break :relieved:

3 Likes

Krissie,
Covid Got in the way of my sons ID and I know how it feels because Covid prevented my son from seeing the doctor because he didn’t have his ID because it was too hard to get it at DMV. They have been closed and anyways it’s just a rough patch for him.
Thanks Krissie I did not know that Geranium was for abundance and healthy and love :heart:. I just got some as a matter of fact as had no idea! I appreciate you sharing your information with us.
In my spell jar I used rose quartz for me and my husbands relationship to get better! Know every time I look at it, it reminds me to honor him.
Jeannie
Blessed be

5 Likes

So sorry to hear that your son has been struggling, @Jeannie1! I’m not sure if it would be an option, but since doctor’s appointments are so important, maybe they would be willing to take an ID other than a driver’s license? An old school ID or official piece of mail even? :email: I hope he will be able to see the doctor soon! :pray:

Your rose quartz spell jar sounds lovely- how wonderful that you made it to honor him! He is a lucky guy to have you! :blush:

4 Likes

@Jeannie1 that’s what happened with my son. The pandemic got in the way of his driving hours & getting the actual permit. We have been working on the driving & we are making the appointment for his license as soon as we can. The DMV here is all wonky now & even though they are trying to use appointments to move the lines, it’s still taking forever once you actually make the appointment.

@praecog29 I will gladly take a picture when I pull them again. I like the 4 card spreads, it’s actually one from Spells8, it’s really easier for me & has more in-depth meanings to it. What I also like about the 4 cards. I don’t think I could go much over 4. I do a 7 card week spread sometimes on Sundays to see how my days are going to go, but I like the daily spreads better.
4 Card Daily Spread

I use this as my guide for the spread & I have been really connecting with my Light Seer’s tarot deck, so I have been using that one for my daily readings.

5 Likes

Nothing but old news here! To find out what’s happening this week, visit Activities to find and post your thoughts in the current Merry Meet Monday.