Merry Meet Monday - Forum News! May 3rd 👒

Wishing everyone a very Merry Meet Monday ! :womans_hat:

Here’s a peek at forum happenings this week.

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these events!

[ [ Moon Phase: Last Quarter Moon :last_quarter_moon: ] ]

Depending on your location, you will be blessed by the light of this moon phase today Monday, May 3rd .

Last-Quarter-Moon-Phase-Spells

The last quarter moon is a time of rest and the banishment of negative energies or forces in your life :broom: .

For more information about specific spells recommended for the last quarter moon, visit the guide Moon Magic: Spells for Every Lunar Phase: Last Quarter .

Waning-Moon-Magick-Ritual-Ideas-750x500

The Last Quarter Moon is a Waning Moon phase. For more Moon Magick and the best spells for this time of month, visit the Waning Moon Magick Guide. :last_quarter_moon:

Find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on today’s moon energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Group Ritual- Together with the Coven :infinity: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual and tea meditation on Thursday, May 6th - this activity is open to all members of the forum! :tea:

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect, and look for an announcement on the main page of the forum for details about this week’s group ritual :hugs:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a question on your mind? The lovely @MeganB is kindly offering free readings for coven members via tarot or pendulum.

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, May 7th . You can find more information and get an idea about what to expect in a previous week’s post .

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

Some other non-witchy but interesting (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week:

Look ahead at more upcoming events in the Spells8 2021 Pagan Holiday and Wiccan Calendar :spiral_calendar:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These are current activities that can be joined any time before their deadlines

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Congrats to the Coven :confetti_ball:

This challenge will close Tuesday, May 4th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift: And as always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join in the challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - Congrats to the Coven! :confetti_ball:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

The Energy Exchange Circle is run by the warmhearted @praecog29 and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Circle 2021 Wiki .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! A reading period for the Spells8 book club is now in session !

You can find more details and are welcome to submit your book in the current thread: :open_book: Spells8 Book Club VI (Apr 5 - May 7)

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, May 7th!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading!

New Members :wave:

A very warm welcome and merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week:

@laci, @kat7, @Niquegre, @olivia3, @andrea22, @jessica52, @sydney4, @joanna3, @scarlet1, @taylor15, @carolina2, @sophie-lea, @kylie1, @angela21, @kimberly33, @jennifer49, @bella2, @tiffany15, @michael7, @SpirituallyLisa, @phillip1, @melinda3, @katelyn6, @tanya7, @laura19, @britney3, @renee5, @deanna5, @navdeep, @laurie5, @halen, @grace5, @kathryn13, @leanna, @alexis3, @hannah18, @Elle, @mandy6, @rosa1, @aaliyha, @ariel3, @kya, @nino, @elaine2, @artimis, @gage, @amanda37, @chun, @keegan, @victoria14, @helen3, @faye, @erin11, @alicia12, @LadyDonna, @wasantha, @penny1, @liza, @kellyann, @nicola2, @barbara4, @maggie3, @emily21, @melany, @stacy3, @bonnie4, @andrea23, @vanessa6, @layla, @marie10, @kenneth, @lizbit, @Stephanie32,

If you haven’t done so already, please go to Introductions and say hello to your new coven by creating your first post. Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout Outs :mega:

• Three cheers to @Liisa for sharing the most posts in the forum, on a two-week streak! :writing_hand: Your wisdom and knowledge are invaluable assets to the community- we are very blessed to hear your words! :two_hearts:

• Hooray to @Amethyst for giving the most hearts to coven members, on a three-week streak! :heart: For every heart shared, you spread love and joy- thank you for your kindness! :sparkles:

And of course a very hearty thank you to all members of the Spells8 coven! Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world- you are all wonderful :sparkles:

What excitement, magickal or mundane, is headed your way in the coming days? :sparkles:

Give a shout to your fellow coven members and share what’s on your mind in the comments below!

Wishing you all the best for a mighty, magnificent, and magickal May!

Blessed be :womans_hat: :two_hearts:

10 Likes

Had to put this one in for you, @IrisW! :rainbow: :bouquet: Happy Iris Day!

And for flower fans, Lilac Sunday is this week as well :purple_heart: :blush:

8 Likes

This made me smile :smiley:

9 Likes

Congratulations to @Liisa & to @Amethyst! Great job! I love that we have a day for @IrisW :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I hope everyone has a great week. I’m coming off a weekend of being outside for two days & my body is going to be protesting. So I should be home most of the day. I basically played with the fire outback. We got a lot of the basement cleaned out for my new room. So that is very exciting.

It’s the first week in a long time that I don’t have any appointments to go to. So I have no idea what I am doing this week. My son started a new job too so I am by myself at the house for the most part. I’m sure I will find something to get into.

5 Likes

Merry Meet Monday everyone. The weekend seemed to speed by, but I got to go the beach yesterday and I did enjoy a bit of relaxing.

I found some cute gnomes for my patio area too, and some lemongrass incense. I love the smell of lemongrass!

No big plans this week, might work on adding some rune symbols to a cane my dad made years ago, with my wood burner. And finish a couple lessons.
Edit I forgot Resident Evil Village comes out Friday, I’m both a huge fan and a gamer :nerd_face:, so that will be my plan for Friday! My husband is taking the day off too, so it’ll be a family game day. :grin:
Congrats @Amethyst and @Liisa !
Have a great week witches!

8 Likes

We have a small gnome colony in my neighborhood. They go missing & turn up in other yards. It’s a good time. The leader of the gnomes used to be active on FB, I don’t remember why they stopped posting for Gnomeo… he traveled quite a bit too. So his adventures were documented. His family members take up their homes throughout the neighborhood & go on their own adventures.

7 Likes

That’s so great!

6 Likes

We also have mannequins that are quite the party girls. Last time I saw the one was playing the guitar & the other was ready to go for a walk. Their nemesis lost her head & wound up being forced out of the group. There was an abduction… it was a concerning time for the mannequin Golden Girls.

6 Likes

:laughing::joy: that’s hilarious! Your neighborhood sounds fun!

6 Likes

We do the best we can with what we have. :rofl: There’s always something going on & our neighborhood watch is unmatched. :rofl: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

Merry Meet Monday everyone!

It’s been a good Monday for me so far all in all, despite a few mishaps.

It’s a Bank Holiday here in the UK, which traditionally means it’s going to rain which it is now doing! But this morning it was dry so we took the dog for a walk in the woods down the road. He always gets excited when we get in the car because he knows we’re going somewhere nice. Lots of other people out walking too, and we stopped at the snack van for coffee and a puppucino for Sherlock (whipped cream and a gravy bone) which he appreciated.

I’m doing some personal life admin this afternoon, part of letting go of things from the past, and preparing for a few spells and rituals this even for the last quarter moon.

I was going to put some empty glass jars in the recycling last night, but then remembered what I’d read here about saving glass jars for witchy things and how useful they can be. So I’ve done that and now just trying to remove the smell of garlic from one of the lids with baking soda.

I’m going to enjoy my afternoon off and watch a film and have a glass of wine whilst my hubby plays on the xBox. All in all not a bad day :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Very nice! We had rain here last night but today it’s a nice sunny day. The wind has died down too.

I love your dog’s name! Sherlock is perfect & the puppucino was probably refreshing for him.

I save tons of jars. I have a shelf in my room that is all spell jars or witchy jars. They are very handy to have! I don’t keep all of them but I have enough for me & at least one other person. :rofl:

Have a great afternoon & evening! :last_quarter_moon:

7 Likes

Aww, thanks to everyone for the congrats on the likes! I appreciate the comments!

Happy Iris Day this weekend @IrisW!

Whoo! No doctor appointments, that’s good! Sounds like you’ll be able to get up to lots of witchy things this week. Or lots of TV binging. Whichever wins. LOL.

Well if we don’t hear from you over the weekend, we won’t be too worried. Drink water and take a break every now and again love! Have fun killing zombies!

LOL! Too funny! Those are some creative people you live by!

Sounds as if you’ve had a lovely day planned @IrisW! I hope it goes as well as you thought it would!

As for me, I went to the leg doc today and I am fully free of the Unna boots finally! My legs are free! But the bad news is I have a new ulcer in a bad place, the back of my upper thigh. So now I’ve got to get that healed. Here’s to hoping it doesn’t take seven months to do it, it fricken hurts.

Other than that today was good. Went with my friend to her doctor’s appointment and got to see some of the sights of the area I haven’t seen in a good decade thanks to not having a car. Was tempted by a cold Frosty but I managed to avoid it which my blood sugar thanks me for.

So I was a good girl for the most part today. Now I’m home and pooped from getting up early, so I’m gonna get myself something to eat and take a long nap. Hope everyone’s week is going well!

6 Likes

Merry Meet Monday everyone :heartpulse: Thank you so much for the shoutout @BryWisteria and congratulations @Amethyst :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I had someday today lol, the filling I have in one of my back teeth came out today when I was eating an almond :pensive: the nerve was all exposed and it was like someone was drilling in my head :mask: I’ve put a temp filling in just now until I get a dental appointment, the nerve is fine now thankfully I’m just a bit tender now. On the plus side though I made an awesome chicken arrabbiata in the slow cooker and my daughter gets to go back to figure skating training full time now that lockdown has lifted a bit :slight_smile: The rest of the week will be full of work, the dentist, the mundane and the magickal :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I hope everyone has an amazing week :heartpulse:

P.s. I almost forgot to mention @IrisW day :heartpulse: I love it :heartpulse:

7 Likes

So, I wound up having an appointment today that I forgot about, but it was a phone appointment. When I saw it was my psychiatrist, I figured I should answer the phone. It was a good appointment though. I’m doing really good & we lowered a medication for the second time. I’m working really hard every day to stay where I am emotionally & mentally. I haven’t felt like this in a long time. Now I can say for the rest of the week I have no appointments.

My daughter has her last official half day of school tomorrow. Then every Wednesday from now until June, she has a shorter day. Not quite a half day, a little longer than that. But both days she will be home before 3pm. So I think tomorrow I will get my stuff around the house done & then work on my family tree. I’m working on the Irish & Italian side right now.

5 Likes

One good appointment and a house to yourself- sounds like you are in for a relaxing week, @Susurrus! And oh my goodness you had me laughing at your neighborhood gnome and mannequin shenanigans- that sounds like so much fun! :joy:

Beautiful pictures, @Rowan :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Enjoy your relaxing week and have fun with Resident Evil! It’s not a series I’m into, but my partner loves it- we’ll see if we end up with the game here too :laughing: Happy playing! :video_game:

I’m glad to hear you and Sherlock enjoyed a lovely walk (a bonus with those tasty treats! :yum:) @IrisW. I hope your personal reflections went well and that all your spell preparations are good to go! :sparkles::blush: Enjoy the day!

Hooray to be boot-free, @Amethyst! :raised_hands: Although I’m sorry to hear about the new ulcer- may it heal up speedy quick for you :pray: Lovely that you got to spend some fun time exploring with your friend. Hope the rest of the week goes well- enjoy it! :heart:

Oh dear, @Liisa! I remember you mentioned in your latest rune post as well- I’m so sorry to hear about the teeth troubles :tooth: I’m glad they were able to get the temp filling in quick- hopefully you can get an appointment to have it fixed up for good asap! :pray: The chicken arrabbiata is a definite silver lining to the day- sounds very yummy :yum: Hope you have a wonderful week as well!

6 Likes

@BryWisteria we definitely keep it interesting in the neighborhood. The first mannequin has gone missing. There’s an investigation with very little to go on. (My son & his friend abducted her one night & since then the whole charade has a life of its own. There are t-shirts for her & flyers asking if anyone has seen her. It’s a good time, there’s a video somewhere.)

5 Likes

That’s hilarious, @Susurrus! :joy: What a fun way to bring the neighborhood together and give everyone something to talk about :laughing:

4 Likes

I am sorry I am so late I was watching the video for Beltane Travel Witch posted!
I did a Beltane ritual! I am looking forward to the garden soon! I have so many seeds & I hope they sprout soon!

May you all have a blessed Beltane!

Bright blessings from Millie!
Jeannie
Blessed be!

7 Likes

Rowan
nice drawings I love the colors so vibrant! For Beltane me and my husband lite a fire :fire: in the fire pit! All in all we had fun! Our neighbor came buy and played some guitar! My husband is a dead head. Our friend new how to play fleet wood mac Gypsy! I heard that song and my whole face lite up! That song always makes me want to dance! It was a good night on Sunday!

Iris- Happy Iris day! I wish I had a holiday named after me! It’s your day! I bet your face lit up with a smile :blush: I could see your face I have that kind of power you know! Magical Spell workings may then power be manifested inn you!

Amethyst- Thanks for showing so much love to the coven! You are a wonderful person! I am very fortunate to have a friend like you!

Siofra- Glad to hear your outside! I have a mocking bord outside my window! I can hear :ear: the world mocking frogs and crickets :cricket: and I :heart_eyes: like it bit my husband gets annoyed :angry:
Well glad you’re getting your vitamin D and getting plenty of sun :sunny:
I can hear my dog crying in his sleep through the night too! His name is Rosko! He is a great dog!

Well to all the rest of the coven members sorry if I missed you!
Travel Witch- Hi hope that you are doing well
Blessed be​:sparkles::sparkles:

5 Likes