Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Feb 20 - 26 🌚

Merry Meet!

Welcome to your weekly update about what’s happening in both the forum and the witchy world at large :newspaper_roll:

Scroll down to read the news for this week :eyes:

Please remember that in order to view events, activities, and posts hosted in A Sacred Space and the Energy Exchange categories, you must be logged into your active Spells8 account.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these upcoming events and occasions!

[ [ Moon Phase: New Moon :new_moon: ] ]

New-Moon-Spells

→ Monday, February 20

Tonight we will be blessed by the presence of the New Moon. The exact time of the peak phase will vary according to your location.

While many witches see the New Moon as a time of rest and reflection, others choose to cast magick spells specific to this phase of the moon cycle.

New-Moon-Manifestations

You can learn more about the symbolism, traditions, and best-suited spellwork for this moon phase in the New Moon Rituals Guide :new_moon:

Ready for More Moon Magick? You can find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :astrology_moon:

[ [ Group Ritual :infinite_roots: ] ]

Imbolc Sabbat Season

→ Thursday, February 23

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat- this activity is open to all active coven members :tea: The ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day.

Group rituals are held on Thursday in A Sacred Space and remain open over the weekend. This week’s ritual post will appear in the forum on Tuesday, but until then feel free to check out last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

[ [ Freebie Friday - Free Readings :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Freebie Friday - 360x240

→ Friday, February 24

Have a question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking: This is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot and oracle cards! :crystal_ball:

Free readings are held in the Energy Exchange Category every Friday. As we wait for this week’s reading session to begin, you can check out the previous Freebie Friday to get an idea of what to expect :tada:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

Other Events - MMM

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

Keep track of upcoming witchy and pagan holidays by downloading and printing your copy of the 2023 Pagan Holiday Calendar :spiral_calendar:

And for more witchy goodness (including special dates and spellwork!) delivered right to your email inbox, make sure you are on the list to receive the free Spells8 Newsletter :envelope_with_arrow:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These activities are open to enjoy whenever you’d like- feel free to participate anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

The current challenge theme is: Ancestor Work :headstone:

Ancestor Spirit Work Heritage Challenge

Every week, the forum hosts a challenge exploring one specific area of magick. Challenges are open to everyone and you are warmly encouraged to participate in a way that reflects your unique magickal practice.

This challenge will remain open until Tuesday, February 21 at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time). After the challenge closes, a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here:

(A brand new challenge will launch on Wednesday in the public Activities Category !)

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The Spells8 book club is now in session!

Spells8 Book Club

For more information about this session of Book Club and to submit your book, please head over to the current thread:

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, March 3 .

And if you haven’t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews from last session in the Reader’s Reviews thread: :memo: Spells8 Book Club XXIV - Readers’ Reviews

Happy Reading! :open_book:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

The Energy Exchange Circle is hosted in the Energy Exchange Category and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki .

This month’s Energy Exchange Circle will end on Tuesday, February 28 .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Coven Member Birthdays :birthday: ] ]

Spells8 Coven Members Birthdays

Share the love by wishing your fellow coven members well on their special days! You can congratulate those with a birthday this month in the discussion:

If you wish to appear in this list, please set your birthday on your profile. Additionally, please note that the birthday list is housed in the more private A Sacred Space that is exclusive to coven members.

Please keep in mind that this month’s birthday discussion will close on Tuesday, February 28.

[ [ Your Daily Draw :tarot_card: ] ]

Daily Single Draws Tarot Oracle Rune

Looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the coven :pray:

To enjoy a daily message or to share your own, visit:

Please note that this divination discussion is housed in A Sacred Space and will remain open until Friday, March 31.

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle: Help tend the flame and visit the discussion in:

The Brigid Flametender discussion is hosted in A Sacred Space and will remain open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as you’d like!

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to the new members who joined the Spells8 Forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@victoria49 - @kelsie - @judy9 - @alecia - @uppucshishe - @denise12 - @natalie21 - @kerrie - @sandie2 - @nicolette1 - @cierra3 - @melonie - @jayde - @erin23 - @lori17 - @tonia2 - @wendy19 - @jessica140 - @travis4 - @kristin15 - @melanie18 - @Carnelian - @Nimway.99 - @mila2 - @rachel56 - @trishell1 - @michelle80 - @angela51 - @caleb3 - @ni1 - @kim-jasmin - @jessica141 - @shauntoria - @brittany59 - @william10 - @mersiha - @alesha1 - @lisa72 - @tanya20 - @caleithea - @cynthia30 - @wildsharice - @victoria50 - @lana - @april37 - @donna12 - @mollie - @deanna15 - @PiscesPoet - @chelsea34 - @andrea16 - @deanne1 - @storm2 - @kamin - @Mayah - @mayah1 - @kay2 - @byron1 - @debbie11 - @senya - @melisa6 - @nicolay - @chynel - @allyson5 - @miracle - @lesa1 - @tina24 - @michelle81 - @deja2 - @audrey9 - @rachel57 - @sagar - @satya - @natalia5

If you haven’t done so already, please jump in by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . You might share a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick, or simply say hello to your fellow magick-lovers :wave: :heart:

Wishing you a very warm welcome to the forum! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

Forum Activity

Each week, those who share the most posts and give the most hearts receive an Activity Shout-Out.

The top posters and sharers from this past week are:

• @Aurora_Hestia - for sharing the most hearts and posts (on a three-week streak!) :heart::writing_hand:

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

:trophy: After a three-week streak of being featured in the weekly shout-outs, @Aurora_Hestia has received a special badge for their contributions to the forum- woohoo! :confetti_ball::two_hearts:

Anyone who earns a shout-out for three weeks in a row is awarded a special badge (and will not be counted in Activity shout-outs again for a two-month rest period) . Those who have won the badge 5 times will no longer be counted, as they have earned their place in the Forum Hall of Fame !

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And Thank YOU! :index_pointing_at_the_viewer:

We’d also like to say a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and presence here help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being a part- Spells8 can’t exist without you! :hugs::sparkling_heart:

Will you be working any magick for the New Moon or perhaps enjoying a time of rest? :relaxed: And how is the weather where you are- are you seeing any seasonal changes yet? :seedling:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below.

Blessed Be! :new_moon_with_face: :sparkles:

16 Likes

Congratulations @Aurora_Hestia for the 3 week streak!

15 Likes

Congratulations @Aurora_Hestia for your 3-week streak & the shiny new badge! Well deserved & we are grateful for all of your contributions to the forum :tada:

My daughter is on vacation this week & today I have everyone home for President’s Day. So I’m getting as much done as I can before everyone is awake for the day & it gets hectic :laughing:

Other than that, I can only think of 2 appointments this week, 1 tomorrow late morning & then 1 Wednesday mid-morning that I am actually really excited for :star_struck: Also, I wanted to update the eye appointment I had, my prescription changed enough that I had to get new glasses, well lenses… & we also made another appointment for about 5 months to recheck my vision & how my eye conditions are doing more extensively… with my Ehlers Danlos Syndrome comes some eye things that can happen & need to be continually checked to make sure they aren’t progressing too much where I need to have a procedure done. Always a good time with EDS! Surprises every few months seem to be the theme! :laughing:

Other than that, it should be a quiet week for me & I hope to get better at my mini schedule I have been able to do & reset my routine a bit better. I’m doing good so far! I’m glad that part of that schedule is time outside… I have felt a lot better making time to be outside each day.

I look forward to the New Moon & already have something that I am going to do, I need to set up my altar properly & get the items out that I will be using & charging with intent. :hugs: I love :heart: the New Moon :new_moon: & it’s in Pisces! :pisces: Which is my daughter’s sun :sun: sign, but when the moons are in the signs of people close to me, I always get excited… I’m just weird :rofl:

I hope everyone has a great week! I will talk to you all later throughout the forum! :infinite_roots:

17 Likes

Congrats honey!! @Aurora_Hestia :hugs: :hugs: :partying_face:

12 Likes

Whoo hoo! You go! Congrats on the three-week streak! You streaker you! :rofl:

@Susurrus I hope your appointments go well! It sounds like you’re doing well! I’m glad.

As for me, I’ve had a lovely lazy morning since I didn’t have to go to the doctor. Now I’m up and getting ready to go through the forum! No appointments this week so I’m doing well. I actually finished my book club book before the deadline so that’s great! I’ve already got the next one picked out.

Hope you all are having a great week!

10 Likes

I’m so happy that you’ve had a lovely lazy morning & no appointments :tada: You deserve it! Good day for reading a good book! :open_book:

My morning has been pretty low key… I’ve sporadically done a few things… the remembered I also have an appointment on Friday :rofl:

10 Likes

Well, at least you remembered now, instead of on Friday! :rofl:

9 Likes

Congratulations! :clap: Look at you go - I know you’ve been sharing and posting. I love to see everything you share!

I’m hoping to set up for a New Moon reading and ritual later this evening. I’m not sure yet, but that’s what I want to do!

10 Likes

Congratulations! Get it gurl! Lol. Thank you for all your contributions to the community. You are appreciated! :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

Thank you @Assyla555 @MeganB @Amethyst @Susurrus @Solasta_Amore @Ostara and @BryWisteria :heart: I appreciate it!

I’m hoping to do some new moon magick tonight, then celebrate my husband’s birthday on Wednesday and hunker down while we get snow almost every day this week. :snowflake: I’m ready for Spring flowers, but Winter isn’t done with us yet I guess!

I’m also trying out some new routine ideas after my post in the forum with the hopes that my life will feel a little less chaotic. :crossed_fingers:

I hope everyone has a magickal week! :sparkles:

11 Likes

Congrats @Aurora_Hestia for the streak!

I am hoping to do a new moon reading and set some goals for the next lunar cycle tonight. I’ve been low on motivation lately and am hoping I can use the moon’s energy this cycle to pick my spirit back up.

I don’t have too much going on this week. I’m down to only one client at work right now, and not many hours there. But the company I contract with is in the process of splitting into two separate companies so contracts are having to be resigned by clients with the new companies before we can proceed with work. It will work out in the long run.

The medicine treatments that the vet has put my oldest boy, Wilson, on seems to be working on reducing the pain he’s in. He will still limp and have some pain as he’s not eligible for surgery. However, he’s been more active lately and actually wants to come outside and great our friends now. :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. And if you have ADHD like me, don’t forget that Ostara is a month away. If I don’t keep it front of my mind, it’s “out of sight, out of mind” for me, lol. I have to start planning now as I get scattered brained (squirrel!) and need to full month to prepare, lol.

11 Likes

Happy week friends! The kids and I are out of school this week for Midwinter break… it’s so nice! Yesterday we celebrated the oldest kiddo who turned 21! He’s so cute because all he wanted to do was order chinese and watch a move with the kids. We bought a killer reeses cake and did just that! He also went to Medieval Times with some friends, but we kept the littles home so he could enjoy some time without them!

We spent the day at the aquarium today, which was wonderful and tomorrow the older kids and I will spend most of the day at the capitol participating in Dyslexia Day… a day to educate our legislators about Dyslexia and what students (and adults) with Dyslexia actually need to be successful in school and beyond. This is our first year participating and I’m super excited. I am hoping it is a really positive experience for my kids because my goal is always to teach them to advocate for themselves and for others who may not have a voice. I also try really hard to practice what I preach. I don’t really feel like a very political person, but this issue is so important to me, I just knew I had to step out and speak. I’m super proud of all of us!

Otherwise, I’m hoping to do some mindful cleaning and I need to try to get a little ahead on my homework. My Dyslexia endorsement will be finished in April! Hooray! It’s been so much work, but it’s going to do so much good! Worth every bit of the hassle!

I hope all of you have a blessed week!

Ailey

9 Likes

Wishing Everyone a Blessed New Moon!!

Congratulations :partying_face: @Aurora_Hestia - for sharing the most hearts and posts (on a three-week streak!) :heart::writing_hand:

Your shiny new badge, Heart :yellow_heart: of the Forum :infinite_roots: is well deserved! Thank you for sharing your love and wisdom with us.

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

9 Likes

I’ve got my fingers crossed for you :crossed_fingers: I’ve been feeling somewhat similar, so you’re definitely not alone. :people_hugging: I’m glad the meds are working for Wilson! That’s so good to hear :clap: It’s never fun when our kiddos – human or otherwise – don’t feel very good. It’s great that he’s feeling better!

Oh how exciting! We’ve been to Medieval Times – well, I’ve been twice. My daughter and fiance have been once. We went for our daughter’s 4th birthday one year and it was great! :tada: Happy Birthday to your oldest kiddo!

It sounds like you’re having a really great midwinter break :heart: That’s awesome!

9 Likes

Update to the MMM:

This week’s group ritual is now live in the forum! For more details, you can visit the full post by clicking the picture and/or link below (a gentle reminder to please remember to log in to access content in A Sacred Space)

2-23 Manifest a Wish Ritual

(Group Ritual - Feb 23) :gift_heart: Ritual to Manifest a Wish

As the moon slowly returns and her light begins to fill the night sky once more, the Waxing Moon offers us a time of increase, wish-setting, and working towards our goals :arrow_double_up:

To honor the occasion, you are warmly invited to join your coven this week for a ritual to manifest a wish :gift_heart:

Looking forward to sharing a cup with you then- cheers, Infinite Roots! :infinite_roots: :coffee: :waxing_crescent_moon:

9 Likes

Congratulations @Aurora_Hestia we so appreciate your contributions is right!

And oh my goodness my :sun_with_face: is Pisces also! it’s March 7th & it’s coming up quick :pisces: :rainbow::cyclone:

So this new moon is special for me, in that I just started a lunar journal and I obviously started with this new moon. It’s in Pisces which is my :sun_with_face: sign! It’s the sign I always knew before I really knew anything about moon phases, astrology or the zodiac at all I just knew it was my sign :joy:
So I felt super connected. So I’m going to be trying out some lunar rituals & spells for the phases and also some shadow work! I’m obsessed with journals just btw :upside_down_face: so I’ve got my beautiful journal all ready and I’ve been working it everyday! I’ve always felt connected with the moon but this is different, the energy is just pulling me, so this is my focus until at the VERY least the full moon lol Wish me luck

Any suggestions would be AMAZING and totally welcomed
:orange_heart::heart::orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::black_heart::white_heart:
—Hazel RAE :dizzy::cyclone::fire::earth_americas::wind_face:
:muscle:t3::new_moon::waxing_crescent_moon::first_quarter_moon::waxing_gibbous_moon::full_moon::waning_gibbous_moon::last_quarter_moon::waning_crescent_moon:

10 Likes

Congrats @Aurora_Hestia, your warmth and insight are very much appreciated :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Thank you @Amaris_Bane @marsha @CelestiaMoon and @Hazel_Rae! :heart:

I just wrote this in my planner this week because I knew I’d forget if I didn’t start planning now. ADHD is so fun :upside_down_face:

I’ve been trying to journal with the moon phases, but haven’t kept up with it very well. I hope it goes well for you!

10 Likes

It’s such a pleasure to see how your daughter and you connect in some of the same arenas. With that being said I have some questions on that topic that I would like to address in our sacred space.
Anyway, enjoy the chaos :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: and your new :nerd_face:. I’ll bet they look beautiful on you!
Enjoy the outdoors it’s a good thing I like to shovel upstate New York has been bitter cold :cold_face:

Blessed Be

6 Likes