Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Feb 6 - 12 🌹

Merry Meet!

Welcome to your weekly update about what’s happening in both the forum and the witchy world at large :newspaper_roll:

Scroll down to read the news for this week :eyes:

Please remember that in order to view events, activities, and posts hosted in A Sacred Space and the Energy Exchange categories, you must be logged into your active Spells8 account.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these upcoming events and occasions!

[ [ Group Ritual :infinite_roots: ] ]

Imbolc Sabbat Season

→ Thursday, February 9

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat- this activity is open to all active coven members :tea: The ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day.

Group rituals are held on Thursday in A Sacred Space and remain open over the weekend. This week’s ritual post will appear in the forum on Tuesday, but until then feel free to check out last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

[ [ Freebie Friday - Free Readings :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Freebie Friday - 360x240

→ Friday, February 10

Have a question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking: This is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot and oracle cards! :crystal_ball:

Free readings are held in the Energy Exchange Category every Friday. As we wait for this week’s reading session to begin, you can check out the previous Freebie Friday to get an idea of what to expect :tada:

[ [ Moon Phase: Waning Moon :waning_gibbous_moon: ] ]

Waning-Moon-Magick-Ritual-Ideas

While there is no major moon phase occurring this week, the moon will decrease in the sky as a beautiful Waning Moon over the coming days.

This lunar phase is ideal for works of removal and banishing spells. It symbolizes the closing of a cycle which will eventually give start to a new one. It’s a perfect moment to get rid of everything harmful and all that hurts.

From Spells8: Waning Moon Magick Guide

For more information about this moon phase, as well as spellwork and rituals perfect for the current energies in the air, check out the full Waning Moon Magick Guide :scroll:

The next major moon phase will be the upcoming Last Quarter Moon on Monday, February 13 :last_quarter_moon:

Ready for More Moon Magick? You can find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :astrology_moon:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

Other Events - MMM

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

Keep track of upcoming witchy and pagan holidays by downloading and printing your copy of the 2023 Pagan Holiday Calendar :spiral_calendar:

And for more witchy goodness (including special dates and spellwork!) delivered to your email inbox three times a week, make sure you are on the list to receive the free Spells8 Newsletter :envelope_with_arrow:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These activities are open to enjoy whenever you’d like- feel free to participate anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

The current challenge theme is: Catch-Up! :clock12:

catch-up challenge

Every week, the forum hosts a challenge exploring one specific area of magick. Challenges are open to everyone and you are warmly encouraged to participate in a way that reflects your unique magickal practice.

This challenge will remain open until Tuesday, February 7 at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time). After the challenge closes, a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here:

(A brand new challenge will launch on Wednesday in the public Activities Category !)

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The Spells8 book club is now in session!

Spells8 Book Club

For more information about this session of Book Club and to submit your book, please head over to the current thread:

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, March 3 .

And if you haven’t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews from last session in the Reader’s Reviews thread: :memo: Spells8 Book Club XXIV - Readers’ Reviews

Happy Reading! :open_book:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

The Energy Exchange Circle is hosted in the Energy Exchange Category and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki .

This month’s Energy Exchange Circle will end on Tuesday, February 28 .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Coven Member Birthdays :birthday: ] ]

Spells8 Coven Members Birthdays

Share the love by wishing your fellow coven members well on their special days! You can congratulate those with a birthday this month in the discussion:

If you wish to appear in this list, please set your birthday on your profile. Additionally, please note that the birthday list is housed in the more private A Sacred Space that is exclusive to coven members.

Please keep in mind that this month’s birthday discussion will close on Tuesday, February 28.

[ [ Your Daily Draw :tarot_card: ] ]

Daily Single Draws Tarot Oracle Rune

Looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the coven :pray:

To enjoy a daily message or to share your own, visit:

Please note that this divination discussion is housed in A Sacred Space and will remain open until Friday, March 31.

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle: Help tend the flame and visit the discussion in:

The Brigid Flametender discussion is hosted in A Sacred Space and will remain open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as you’d like!

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who joined the Spells8 Forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@samantha87 - @dusty - @lea3 - @Saphi - @WiccanLibra - @brianna16 - @catrale - @stacy13 - @miranda12 - @elizabeth53 - @jessica137 - @lety - @jennifer139 - @izzie - @coby - @twyla - @savana - @nicole68 - @jamie41 - @janetta - @Crystal_Lee - @amanda102 - @maggie79 - @lisa70 - @louise7 - @kayla45 - @crystal64 - @ashley99 - @melisa5 - @svetlana - @Dragonfly97 - @alicia6 - @ashtyn1 - @katherine25 - @amanda103 - @robin17 - @jasmine17 - @helen7 - @jami3 - @nicole69 - @cosette - @claire13 - @heather86 - @hermit - @shanna3 - @mary51 - @julie31 - @roni1 - @clara - @alexandra20 - @isabella3 - @ashley100 - @christina56 - @alayshia1 - @angel3 - @ArtistEclectic - @gemma7 - @karrie1 - @heather87 - @adrianne2 - @christian8 - @chantell1 - @myaxx - @olivia11 - @jessica138 - @kelsey1 - @breanna5 - @blessedbeBecky - @BellaxStrega91 - @kyla - @crystal65 - @jennifer141 - @lynn7 - @theresa14 - @crystal66 - @kathleen14 - @tonya4 - @angie9 - @jane5 - @heather88 - @joel2 - @daisy2 - @jeskah_91 - @cassandra14 - @heather89 - @mckinzie - @anastasia8 - @TT79 - @jc11 - @tyler10 - @robin18 - @mona - @liam2 - @jessica139 - @alexis15 - @valentina2

If you haven’t done so already, please say hello by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . You might share a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick, or simply say hey! to your fellow magick-lovers :wave: :heart:

Wishing you a very warm welcome to the forum! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

Forum Activity

Those who share the most posts and give the most hearts receive an Activity Shout-Out.

The top posters and sharers from this past week are:

• @Aurora_Hestia - for sharing the most posts over the past week :writing_hand:

• @CelestiaMoon - for giving out the most hearts (on a three-week streak!) :heart:

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

:trophy: After a three-week streak of being featured in the weekly shout-outs, @CelestiaMoon has recieved a special badge for their contributions to the forum- woohoo! :confetti_ball::two_hearts:

Anyone who earns a shout-out for three weeks in a row is awarded a special badge (and will not be counted in Activity shout-outs again for a two-month rest period). Those who have won the badge 5 times will no longer be counted, as they have earned their place in the Forum Hall of Fame !

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

:handshake: COMMUNITY

Every month, any member who goes above and beyond for their fellow coven members day after day over the course of the entire month receives a Community Shout-Out. There are no limits to how many users can receive this shout-out each month.

For January 2023:

• @Marsha - for sharing beautiful picture messages with coven members on their birthdays, and welcoming all new members in their introduction posts

• @Amethyst - for giving a warm welcome to all new members in their introduction posts

• @Melora_Fae - for helping to Tend the Flame all throughout the month

Note : Those who receive a monthly Community Shout-Out are awarded the CCC Badge

Thank you so much for all that you do to make fellow coven members feel at home here- it is greatly appreciated! :heart:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And Thank YOU! :index_pointing_at_the_viewer:

We’d also like to say a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and presence here help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being a part- Spells8 can’t exist without you! :hugs::sparkling_heart:

How are you feeling after this past weekend’s Full Moon- are you ready to rest, or energized for more magick? :magic_wand:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below.

Blessed Be! :rose::sparkles:

13 Likes

Congratulations to @Aurora_Hestia, @CelestiaMoon, @marsha and @Melora_Fae! You people are awesome! And thank you, Bry, for including me among them!

I don’t go to the leg doctor till next week but it’s almost certain they’ll be checking my leg out. George is all gone, he went to stay with Fred so half of my worries are over. The ulcers in other places are healing as long as I stay off them, so I’ve been bored recently but that’s okay, it’s working!

I hope everyone has had a good weekend, and that the week ahead is kind to you!

16 Likes

Thank you so much for the shout out :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

14 Likes

Awww, this is a cute badge~ :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

14 Likes

Congratulations! :partying_face: :tada:

• @Amethyst for Giving a warm welcome to all new members in their introduction posts! :wave: (I’m so glad “Fred” has gone to visit Fred!) :people_hugging:

• @Melora_Fae for Helping to Tend the Flame all throughout the month! :triquetra:

• @Aurora_Hestia for Sharing the most posts over the past week! :writing_hand:

• @CelestiaMoon for Giving out the most hearts on a three-week streak! :heart:

Well done witches! :heart: :hugs: Thank you for all your amazing contributions!
And thank you @BryWisteria :pray: for including me too!

13 Likes

Congratulations @marsha @Amethyst @Melora_Fae and @CelestiaMoon! :heart: And thank you for including me in this list of wonderful people :slight_smile:

@Amethyst I’m glad to hear that you’re healing!

Wishing everyone a wonderful + magickal week :sparkles:

13 Likes

Thanks for the well wishes everyone, and @Aurora_Hestia thanks for the good vibes for healing. I’m almost there!

11 Likes

Happy Monday everyone :wave:

It’s been a super busy day for me today but all (mostly) good things! It’s a new day - a new week - and I’m ready to tackle it head on. At least, that’s what I’m telling myself :laughing:

Amen to that Amethyst! :clap: Fred and George will not be missed! I’m glad the other ulcers are healing - you just have to deal with a little bit of boredom until they’re gone. It’s worth it!

Congratulations everyone for the shout-outs! You are all part of the reason Spells8 is so amazing - I love and appreciate you all! :heart:

13 Likes

Congratulations! Thanks for your contributions!

It’s really good to hear you’re healing. I will pray for you and send positive energy and vibes your way! :dizzy:
And thanks, I hope you had a good weekend as well, :smiley_cat: and the days are kind to you too. :revolving_hearts:

12 Likes

Congratulations on the new badge! :champagne:

Lol. I love your sense of humour! May George and the other ulcers heal and never return!

:joy: I so understand this. I also keep telling myself that I will get caught up. Today, today is the day I get caught up.

Well, today was my first day away from the puppy and she was well looked after by my mom and and kids. The boys also went to the dentist today (my mom took them) and it was so cute how they were updating me on what the dentist said. So eager to tell me that they had no cavities and just needed to brush and floss more. Me: :exploding_head: what?!, really ?! :thinking:, gee, wish I had thought to tell you guys that :woman_facepalming: :wink:

Well yesterday was a 7 of wands day, I was prepared for someone at work to challenge me, nothing happened. My thoughts challenged me as did some of my files. My mother was a challenge deciding that she is my biggest annoyance. Man she creates crap so easily and then says it isn’t hers and tries to make it something I am seeing that isn’t there. Thankfully my husband witnesses this stuff so I can have a good sanity check. I also thought, hey the moon is in Leo she is feeling vulnerable. (That is my first time seeing an astrological connection. I don’t normally work with that) I could have taken it a step further and give her some reassurance other than the wee bit I did. But I was trying not to have to work to midnight and this is an annoying pattern of hers. Ugh.

Here’s hoping the rest of the week goes smoothly!
It is the Super Bowl this weekend and I am making cupcakes. I am excited to do so. I think I can draw KC’s arrowhead but can I draw the Eagle’s symbol? We shall see. I always have grandiose designs and pictures in my head and then reality happens. :joy:

Have a blessed week everyone! :bouquet:

12 Likes

Yeppers, it’ll be well worth it! Thanks, love! And thanks for the congratulations!

Thank you so much! I appreciate all the good vibes being sent my way.

Well! I had George long enough to claim him on my taxes it seems like! LOL! I hope they heal and never come back.

I’m sorry you had a seven of wands kind of day. I hope things turn around for you! Good luck decorating your cupcakes!

11 Likes

Oh nice! :clap: I mean, of course it isn’t nice that she’s being the way she is, but you made an astrological connection to everything that’s going on! :tada:

12 Likes

Happy Rose :rose: day!
I am happy I have someone to give a rose too! But what about people that don’t have a partners! Here is a virtual Rose :rose:!
Happy Rose day! Love you all spells 8
Jeannie

14 Likes

Update to the MMM :

This week’s group ritual is now live in the forum! For more details, you can visit the full post by clicking the picture and/or link below (a gentle reminder to please remember to log in to access content in A Sacred Space)

2925793dda0746575ed04bc83e12d8f57465a64e

(Group Ritual - Feb 9) :chocolate_bar: Chocolate Love Blessing

This meditation celebrates the Month of Love and the upcoming holiday Valentine’s Day- it is a yearly group ritual exclusive! :sparkles:

Whether for yourself or for someone special, indulge in a chocolate blessing ritual that draws on the magickal properties of chocolate :yum:

Looking forward to sharing a cup with you then- cheers, Infinite Roots! :infinite_roots: :coffee::rose:

11 Likes

I have the perfect antidote for you guys this meditation! It’s really going to be great! :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
Jeannie
I just got some new tea and chocolate and the perfect mug! Lots of love
Jeannie

11 Likes

Congratulations! :tada: & also congratulations on the shiny new badge @CelestiaMoon :confetti_ball: Great job to both of you, we appreciate everything you contribute to the forum! :revolving_hearts:

Other big Congratulations :tada: to you ladies as well! Thank you for being so helpful throughout the forum each day! :revolving_hearts: Also congratulations on the shiny new badge to add to your collection also! :confetti_ball:

I’m kind of… moving through each day as I can right now. I have a lot going on after a few steps back on Sunday. It’s kind of all happening at once & in the morning! Add in a half day for my daughter today & I have felt like I have just no time lately. I’m trying though! I just have to remember that I can’t do it all in one day.

I have been doing meditation :woman_in_lotus_position: each day. The last couple of days has been a grounding & anxiety meditation from Insight Timer. They are helping when I get through the morning. The afternoons just… go by so quickly! Time flies when you’re having fun I guess :laughing:

I was able to do 2 Full Moon :full_moon: readings. One on the 5th & then one last night. So that felt good too. :smiling_face: Then I realized I have quite the collection of smaller Black Tourmaline pieces & also Smoky Quartz & Shunghite. So, I’m going to have to put those away. A something for tomorrow.

I do have an appointment tomorrow morning that I am looking forward to attending. Then I have nothing! So hopefully will be able to get caught up on some things. :hugs:

11 Likes

I hope things get more in the groove for you @Susurrus! I’d wish it quiet for you but I know that could be a bad thing. LOL!

9 Likes

Thank you I was doing good last week. I just have to get through tomorrow’s appointment.

Yesterday’s appointment was amazing :star_struck: My eye appointment was rescheduled to next Tuesday. So that’s okay for me.

I’m getting there. I think I just need to rest at some point during the day tomorrow. So I’m trying to plan for at least laying down a little bit after lunch. :smiling_face:

10 Likes

I hope things go well for you today!

9 Likes