Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Mar 6 - 12 🌕

Merry Meet!

Welcome to your weekly update about what’s happening in both the forum and the witchy world at large :newspaper_roll:

Scroll down to read the news for this week :eyes:

Please remember that in order to view events, activities, and posts hosted in A Sacred Space and the Energy Exchange categories, you must be logged into your active Spells8 account.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these upcoming events and occasions!

[ [ Moon Phase: Full Moon :full_moon: ] ]

Full-Worm-Moon-Ritual-360x240

→ Tuesday, March 7

This week, the skies will flourish with the beauty of a Full Moon- the moon of March is called the Full Worm Moon :worm:. The exact time of peak illumination will depend on your location.

Explore a special moon ritual and learn more about this moon on the Spells8 Full Worm Moon Ritual Page . March’s moon comes at the tail end of winter and heralds a period of thawing and rebirth in the days leading up to the Spring Equinox :seedling:. This moon is ideal for renewal, restoration and manifestation :sparkles:

Full-Moon-Magic-Spells-Witchcraft

While each moon has its own unique qualities, every full moon is a celebrated time when the energy of the moon is at its most powerful. Now is a wonderful time to charge, cleanse, and absorb the potent energies of the moon.

For additional full moon inspiration, visit What to Do During the Full Moon :full_moon_with_face:

Ready for More Moon Magick? You can find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :astrology_moon:

[ [ Group Ritual :infinite_roots: ] ]

Imbolc Sabbat Season

→ Thursday, March 9

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat- this activity is open to all active coven members :tea: The ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day.

Group rituals are held on Thursday in A Sacred Space and remain open over the weekend. This week’s ritual post will appear in the forum on Tuesday, but until then feel free to check out last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

[ [ Freebie Friday - Free Readings :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Freebie Friday - 360x240

→ Friday, March 10

Have a question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking: This is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot and oracle cards! :crystal_ball:

Free readings are held in the Energy Exchange Category every Friday. As we wait for this week’s reading session to begin, you can check out the previous Freebie Friday to get an idea of what to expect :tada:

[ [ Group Healing Session :handshake: ] ]

EEC Group Healing Session

→ Friday, March 10 at 8:00 AM EST

Join a group healing circle to support those who are passing through hard times this month. Microphones and cameras will be turned off during this one-hour open space, and coven members are welcome to come and go as they please. This is the first of two live healing sessions this month.

You can visit the EEC discussion: Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: March 2023

For more information about the Energy Exchange Circle, please see the section below in Ongoing Activities or visit the Energy Exchange Category of the forum.

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

Other Events - MMM

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

Keep track of upcoming witchy and pagan holidays by downloading and printing your copy of the 2023 Pagan Holiday Calendar :spiral_calendar:

And for more witchy goodness (including special dates and spellwork!) delivered right to your email inbox, make sure you are on the list to receive the free Spells8 Newsletter :envelope_with_arrow:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These activities are open to enjoy whenever you’d like- feel free to participate anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

The current challenge theme is: Eclectic Witch: Interdisciplinary Magick :knot:

Eclectic Magick Interdisciplinary Witch Challenge

Every week, the forum hosts a challenge exploring one specific area of magick. Challenges are open to everyone and you are warmly encouraged to participate in a way that reflects your unique magickal practice.

This challenge will remain open until Tuesday, March 7 at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time). After the challenge closes, a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here:

(A brand new challenge will launch on Wednesday in the public Activities Category !)

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Spells8 Book Club

The 25th Session of Blook Club has come to an end- thank you to everyone who participated! :blush: If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews in the new discussion thread:

The next reading session of Book Club will begin this Friday, March 10 - so pick out a fun witchy book to read and let your coven know what you’ll be reading at that time!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

The Energy Exchange Circle is hosted in the Energy Exchange Category and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki .

This month’s Energy Exchange Circle will end on Friday, March 31 .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Coven Member Birthdays :birthday: ] ]

Spells8 Coven Members Birthdays

Share the love by wishing your fellow coven members well on their special days! You can congratulate those with a birthday this month in the discussion:

If you wish to appear in this list, please set your birthday on your profile. Additionally, please note that the birthday list is housed in the more private A Sacred Space that is exclusive to coven members.

Please keep in mind that this month’s birthday discussion will close on Friday, March 31.

[ [ Your Daily Draw :tarot_card: ] ]

Daily Single Draws Tarot Oracle Rune

Looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the coven :pray:

To enjoy a daily message or to share your own, visit:

Please note that this divination discussion is housed in A Sacred Space and will remain open until Friday, March 31.

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle: Help tend the flame and visit the discussion in:

The Brigid Flametender discussion is hosted in A Sacred Space and will remain open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as you’d like!

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to the new members who joined the Spells8 Forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@carolina5 - @ashley25 - @alice3 - @Native_Gypsy - @sondra - @angel31 - @suzanne8 - @cathy6 - @gail2 - @jenna14 - @ronja - @andrea48 - @samantha88 - @amy79 - @dee8 - @J-me1977 - @karla6 - @melissa11 - @amelia5 - @bonny - @breeann - @denise13 - @ash3 - @gypsy4 - @Sexonasol6969 - @laurel - @dory - @christina57 - @shaina3 - @quinn - @Feather_Stone - @Snowdrop - @gracie2 - @MelMilano - @lacy2 - @ray - @destanie4 - @jackie9 - @lori18 - @robyn6 - @terri1 - @justin4 - @jessica44 - @Jazzica - @sharon22 - @emily55 - @marchelle1 - @kelli1 - @shayna1 - @nicole72 - @nikki12 - @AuroraSkyWitch - @jen10 - @amanda105 - @trinity2 - @mrs2 - @cas - @courtney32 - @MBT90 - @storm3 - @stephanie22 - @sarah98 - @lisa73 - @jacob5 - @Photocynth - @sara34 - @Raven_Moon

If you haven’t done so already, please jump in by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . You might share a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick, or simply say hello to your fellow magick-lovers :wave: :heart:

Wishing you a very warm welcome to the forum! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

Forum Activity

Each week, those who share the most posts and give the most hearts receive an Activity Shout-Out.

The top posters and sharers from this past week are:

• @Assyla555 - for sharing the most hearts and posts in the forum :heart::writing_hand:

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Click here to learn about MMM Activity Shout Out Rewards

Anyone who earns a shout-out for three weeks in a row is awarded the special MMM badge (and will not be counted in Activity shout-outs again for a two-month rest period. This is simply to give others a chance to earn the badge too!) .

The legends who have won the MMM badge 5 times will no longer be counted- they have earned their place in the Forum Hall of Fame ! :trophy:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Community

Once a month, any member who goes above and beyond for their fellow coven members day after day over the course of the entire previous month receives a Community Shout-Out.

Community Awarded users for February 2023 are:

• @Marsha - for sharing thoughtful, Zodiac-enhanced birthday messages every day and for giving a warm welcome to every single new member in their introduction post

• @Amethyst - for wishing a warm welcome to every single new member in their introduction post

It takes a lot of dedication to welcome fellow coven members and help them to feel at home here every day- the work you do is very much appreciated! :heart:

Click here to learn about MMM Community Shout Out Rewards

All those who recieve a monthly Community Shout-Out are awarded the CCC Badge.

As this is a difficult badge to earn (it takes a lot of dedication to welcome/share messages for fellow coven members every day over the course of the whole month!), there are no limits to how many users can receive this monthly shout-out. This badge is just a small thank you to show appreciation for the daily work these users do to make their fellow coven members feel at home :heart:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And Thank YOU! :index_pointing_at_the_viewer:

We’d also like to say a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and presence here help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being a part- Spells8 can’t exist without you! :hugs::sparkling_heart:

Wishing you a blessed Full Moon of March- what spellwork will you be casting this week? :magic_wand: Are you already seeing signs of the changing seasons? :baby_chick:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below.

Blessed Be! :full_moon: :sparkles:

14 Likes

Thank you to you too @TheTravelWitch_Bry! Everything you do for us is just…magickal! YOU are magickal! :kissing_heart: :heart: And of course congratulations to my friend @Assyla555 :hugs: as well as to the lovely @marsha :orange_heart: and the shining @Amethyst :purple_heart:

12 Likes

Also wishing everyone a very blessed and beautiful full worm moon tomorrow! :full_moon: :sparkles: :dizzy: :face_holding_back_tears:

11 Likes

Congratulations :tada: @Assyla555! It’s always so nice ro hear you & the heartfelt words you have for everyone!

Congratulations to @marsha & @Amethyst too! Your contributions to the forum are always welcomed & amazing! :tada:

I don’t have to much going on this week. Absolutely nothing like last week :rofl: My daughter has a half day tomorrow & I have 1 appointment on Wednesday morning.

Other than that, back to trying to find my groove. Chaotic weeks & unexpected weekend happenings always throw me off :rofl:

I hope everyone has a great week! I look forward to seeing everyone in the forum! :revolving_hearts:

8 Likes

Congratulations @Assyla555 @marsha and @Amethyst!

I’m feeling much more like myself after an icky stomach bug last week so I’m hoping to catch up on a bunch of things this week. Trying to make the best of the snow despite the Spring like temperatures we just had, too.

Wishing everyone a magickal full moon tomorrow and a wonderful week! :full_moon: :sparkles:

9 Likes

It’s been a pretty spectacular Monday! How often to you get to say that? My third grader (who is Dyslexic) just took a set of tests at school (not his big end of year test, but one that is similar) and went from a first grade level (in August) to a third grade level. He’s totally on grade level in reading… he has worked so hard and has such dedicated teachers (and a crazy mom who keeps everyone on their toes). I’m so proud of him and his very hard work!

Also, people are starting to take notice of the growth thats happening at school with all our kids and that makes me happy! AND… I might get to take a very expensive class and have the school pay for it instead of me!

I think my full moon spell might need to be an abundance spell! I hope everyone is well and has an amazing week!

9 Likes

Congratulations :partying_face: to two of my favorite magickal :magic_wand: friends :people_hugging:
Thank :pray: you to both of you for all you do!

With love :heart: always

@Assyla555 - for sharing the most hearts and posts in the forum :heart::writing_hand:

@Amethyst - for wishing a warm welcome to every single new member in their introduction post

My sincere thanks to @Solasta_Amore & @Susurrus & @Aurora_Hestia for your kind words. I love :heart: you all!

Thank you :pray: so much @BryWisteria
I hope it doesn’t take too long to make sure Amethyst and I have responded to all the introductory emails! :rofl: I always worry that I’m going to miss someone, so I am glad you check! Thanks again! :hugs: :heart:

Wishing everyone a very Happy :hugs: Worm :worm: Full Moon :full_moon: on Tuesday, March 7, 2023, at 7:40 AM EST! And, Happy International Day of Awesomeness! I have been asked to create a couple of websites using Wordpress, so I will be busy this week!

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

10 Likes

Extra hugs to the wonderful @Assyla555 and the delightful @marsha for all you’ve done for us! Thank you!

And thank you, Bry, for the shout-out! I appreciate it!

And thank you to @Solasta_Amore, @Susurrus, @Aurora_Hestia, and @marsha for the compliments! Y’all make me feel special.

@Susurrus I hope this week goes better than last week. And @Aurora_Hestia I hope you’re feeling better. Stomach bugs are the worst.

Congratulations to you and your student, @AileyGrey! That’s great! I hope your spell works wonderfully!

I ventured out to a minor doctor’s appointment and then to Kroger’s and that tuckered me out. Don’t know what I’ll be doing for the Full Moon as of yet. I did get some pomegranate incense for my Persephone statue, I figured she’d like it. LOL!

I’ve got no plans for the week other than making a pot of chili and putting it up in the freezer. Yum!

Hope everyone has a good week!

9 Likes

Congratulations, you three! :clap: :tada: Your contributions and love have definitely been felt by everyone in the forum!

I decided that today would be a vlogging day, so that’s what I’ve been up to! I have some witchy things I’m working on, so that’ll be in that video on my channel eventually. I had to cut it short because my daughter’s friend showed up and, for the sake of privacy and consent with children, I chose not to continue the vlog. So that’ll keep happening tomorrow!

I have two appointments this week and that’s it, so it’s business as usual!

10 Likes

Thanks for the congratulations, @MeganB! I appreciate it! Hope your appointments go well!

9 Likes

Oh wow, I can’t believe I got top poster for hearts and posts! I feel special lol. Thank you for the shout out @BryWisteria. Thank you to every single one of you for congratulating me. It means a lot to me. :hugs::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart::full_moon:

I want to add my congratulations to…

Congrats to you @marsha & @Amethyst! :blush: It takes a lot of time to welcome every new person. I wish I could get to them all. We’re all glad you two did! :tada: Hooray :partying_face: Thanks for making everyone feel as special as you two are! :sparkling_heart::dizzy::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

@Solasta_Amore You’re so sweet- big hugs to you, Solasta! :hugs: :heart: And same! Wishing you a very happy and beautiful full moon :full_moon_with_face: :sparkles:

@Susurrus Hopefully the chaos has run its course and that the week will be a relaxing and soothing one for you, Siofra! :heart:

@Aurora_Hestia Oh no- sorry to hear about the tummy bug! Hope you are feeling much better this week :pray::two_hearts:

@AileyGrey That’s awesome, Ailey- all your hard work continues to pay off! Goodness knows you (and your very talented kids!) deserve all the recognition and more :clap::heart: Here’s to hoping you’ll get to take the class!

@Marsha Congrats again to you, Marsha- you do really amazing work! :hearts: And no, hahaha, it’s no problem at all- to run a little “test”, I go into the Introductions Category, find the month in question, and pull up at random about 10 or so introduction posts. Anyone who gave a warm welcome in at least 9 of the 10 samples is marked for the badge.

I know it takes a lot of time to write the posts and check each day, so a huge round of applause to you and Amethyst- you are both really awesome for taking the time to welcome so many new folks and make them feel at home here! :hugs::two_hearts:

Wishing you a happy day of awesomeness too! Good luck with the websites- have fun creating them! :grinning: :sparkles:

@Amethyst It is always well-deserved, my friend! As I said to Marsha, you both put in a lot of heartfelt kindness around here. The new folks are very lucky to always get such a warm welcome from you! :heart::blush:

Chili is always a great choice- happy cooking (and eating!), Amethyst, may you have a wonderful week! :star2:

@MeganB Distractions can be tough, but I’m sure it’ll all come together in the end :blush: Hope the vlogging making/editing is going well- can’t wait to see it! :raised_hands: :two_hearts:

@Assyla555 Congrats again to you, Assyla- it’s a well-earned shout-out! Thanks for all that you do :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Have a blessed week! :sparkles:

9 Likes

Update to the MMM :

This week’s group ritual is now live in the forum! For more details, you can visit the full post by clicking the picture and/or link below (a gentle reminder to please remember to log in to access content in A Sacred Space)

3-9 Lion and Lamb Harmony Ritual

(Group Ritual - Mar 9) :yin_yang: Lion & Lamb - Inner Harmony Ritual

March is thrust between the cold claws of winter and the gentle warmth of spring- but rather than let these conflicting dual energies toss you about, calm the storm and settle into peaceful balance with this inner harmony candle ritual :candle:

Looking forward to sharing a cup with you then- cheers, Infinite Roots! :lion::coffee: :sheep:

10 Likes

Aww okay that lamb emoji is tooo cute! :face_holding_back_tears: And I am also looking forward to share a cup of tea with you sweet Bry and all my coven mates here! :innocent: :tea: :kissing_heart:

10 Likes

This is so cute! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :incense:
I found some pomegranate chocolate one day! :blush: :chocolate_bar: Too bad it also had hazelnut, which will mess me up :laughing: So I did the next best thing, bought it for someone I love, who’s also been my underworld guide :kissing_heart: :black_heart:

8 Likes

That’s so sweet of you, I bet they enjoyed it!

8 Likes

First, I want to wish everyone a blessed Full Moon!! :full_moon: :star:

I love when the moon is in Virgo so I was VERY excited to make some Moon Water tonight and meditate to the “Moon In Virgo” Meditation. :girl:t4: :virgo:

I feel SO ALIVE tonight and the wind was calling my name outside as I spoke to the Moon to bless my water! :star_struck: I felt the answers to what I was asking for were being answered already and it felt amazing. :clap:t4: :clap:t4:

Side Note: I found CUTE clear jars to collect my Moon Water – which makes me EVEN MORE excited, if that is possible. :jar: :sunglasses: :blush:

I haven’t made Moon Water in a very long time so I am extremely excited that I chose to do it when the Moon is in Virgo! :virgo:

9 Likes

She said it was some of the best chocolate she had ever tasted, made me blush :blush: :heart:

7 Likes

Hahaha it is a cute little sheep! :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: (Just don’t start counting them or you might fall asleep! :laughing:)

“See” you then, my dear- may it be a lovely ritual! :heart::tea::blush:

8 Likes