Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Nov 29 🌚

Merry Meet !

Here is your weekly update about exciting happenings in both the forum and the witchy world at large this week:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these events!

[ [ Group Ritual : Together with Your Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

:grey_exclamation: The group ritual has been canceled this week as one of the hosts is traveling internationally. Apologies, please look forward to the ritual returning next week!

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual post to get an idea about what to expect.

Please note that group rituals are hosted in A Sacred Space - you must be logged into your Spells8 account to enter the ritual.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking:

Now is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot or oracle! :crystal_ball:

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, December 3rd . For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out the most recent Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Moon Phase: New Moon :new_moon: ] ]

We will be blessed by the presence of the New Moon (sometimes called the Dark Moon) on Saturday, December 4th - although the exact time will vary according to your location.

New-Moon-Spells

While many witches see the New Moon as a time of rest and reflection, others choose to cast magick specific to this phase of the moon cycle. You can learn more about the symbolism of the New Moon in Moon Magic: New Moon :new_moon:

New-Moon-Ritual-Ideas

Additionally, the New Moon Spells and Rituals Page has more information and a list of recommended spells for this special time :new_moon:

You can find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

:spiral_calendar: For more upcoming pagan events, you can check the 2021 Pagan Holiday Calendar, the list of Magical Days for Your Planner , and the Spells8 Email Newsletter.

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

Join these current activities any time before their deadlines

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Dual Wielding :crossed_swords:

Dual Wielding Opposite Forces

This challenge will close Tuesday, December 7th at 7:00 AM EST (Eastern Standard Time)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift: And as always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join the challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - Dual Wielding :crossed_swords:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

The Energy Exchange Circle is run by the warmhearted @praecog29 and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki - 2021 .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The next reading period for the Spells8 book club has now begun!

You can find more details and submit your book to read in the current thread: :open_book: Spells8 Book Club XII (Nov 5 - Dec 3)

Spells8 Book Club

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, December 3rd .

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@laura26, @ava2, @emily36, @katherine1, @sierra9, @chris10, @NayNay89, @ash1, @lydia3, @carina1, @pink4, @nikia, @SeasonsofMeech, @erin16, @jeffrey1, @janell5, @misty5, @kim6, @christina24, @julius, @caitlin4, @jeffrey2, @cabrina, @tyler3, @Whisperwordsofwidom, @mauricio, @t_ann, @laura27, @joshua8, @rene2, @angela30, @jay9, @jennifer70, @gabrielle8, @laura28, @Jewel1968, @michelle36, @wendy13, @sierra10, @nicole35, @alexander2, @zendi, @kasey, @joanna6, @chloe9, @Zarya, @paula3, @jaon, @ShawnB, @kimberly47, @terry3, @ally2, @lindsey, @dominique4

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

• Bravo to @Christina4 for sharing the most posts in the forum, on a two-week streak! :writing_hand: Thanks for all of the wisdom and kindness you give to the forum :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

• Lots of love back to @Garnet, who gave out the most hearts in the forum over the past week! :heart: You help to make the forum a welcoming and loving place- thank you! :hugs:

Note : Those who have received shout-outs for four weeks in a row are awarded the MMM badge . They will not be counted in shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

And of course, wishing a very hearty thank you to all members of the Spells8 coven :infinite_roots:.

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being here! :sparkles:

Winter Deer
Art by Esther Remmington on Moon Dragon Cards: Winter Wonder

Happy December! :christmas_tree: Will you be working any New Moon Magick this week, or taking some time to rest? :relieved:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below!

Blessed be! :new_moon_with_face: :sparkles:

14 Likes

I believe we have a Solar Eclipse also happening on the 4th of December. For us in the Southern Hemisphere it is occurring just as both the moon and the sun are setting.

An eclipsed sunset!

Tem

12 Likes

Congratulations to @Christina4 & @Garnet! Great job ladies! I always look forward to joining you in the forums.

@Temujin_Calidius I found some information about the Solar Eclipse & it looks like parts of Australia will have a partial view.

Some cities where the partial eclipse is visible

The links will bring you right to that city’s eclipse information.

10 Likes

I’m back, I had to help my son & husband get ready for work. After being home for 2 weeks, the other day my husband somehow injured his ankle & spent the weekend on the couch with it elevated. I advised him to go to maybe Urgent Care or the Walk-In at our doctor’s office. I don’t know why I thought that would work. It took me over 20 years for him to get his blood pressure checked :woman_facepalming: So, when he comes home, I’m planting him back on the couch. :joy:

I don’t have much going on this week, but I am going to continue working on my challenge entry & my next Rune information post for next week. I hope everyone’s week starts out wonderfully. :two_hearts:

10 Likes

Congratulations to @christina4 and @Garnet! Yay for you! LOL!

I’m not sure what, if anything I’ll do for the new moon. I want to, I think it’s the last New Moon of the year, so I should. I just don’t know what yet. LOL.

I’ve been reading a book on shadow work and I’ve run into an odd problem. I like who I am now. I’m comfortable in my own skin. Does that mean I don’t need shadow work, or that I’m in denial and need it more than others? Maybe I’ll do a tarot spread or something and see. The New Moon would be a good time to do it.

Other than that, and doctor appointments, I don’t have much going on this week. @Susurrus I hope your hubby listens to you and goes to the doctor. He could make it worse walking on it. I don’t know why but for some men, not all, just some, hate going to the doctor. My dad was like that. Good luck getting him there!

8 Likes

@Amethyst he will come home if it gets any worse. It’s relatively better than it was on Saturday.

I like who you are & I am thrilled that you are comfortable within your skin. I think you’re somewhere in the middle. I don’t think that you necessarily have more of a need than anyone else. I would find maybe some prompts or a workbook of some kind & just start answering the questions honestly & openly. Only you will see them & then you can burn them or whatever you wish. Just a few, not a whole page or section & then see how you feel. Only you will know if you should continue or not. Even if you think you don’t need to continue, please be gentle with yourself afterward & be sure to have some kind of self-care or self-love for yourself when you are ready to end the shadow work.

I have been working on @SilverBear’s Shadow Self section on her website. It’s a great way to get started with easy-to-follow instructions & prompts. There’s nothing to pay to just join the challenge. It may be a good starting point to decide if you should move forward or not.

8 Likes

Thanks love! I feel the same. But I started to do some the other day and I got more than expected. I wasn’t prepared for what came tumbling in. I had repressed memories arise and I handled it like a bad ass :grin:
But no you aren’t in denial. Maybe the time will come when you feel you need to do some shadow working.

7 Likes

Thanks, @Susurrus! I’m reading a book on shadow work now that I think you would like because a lot of it is about dark Goddesses like Morrigan. It just shocked me because before it got to the shadow work, it went through cursing things and that’s not what I was looking for. But more about that when the book club is up.

I hate repressed memories, those are the worst. I’m glad you kicked its butt! LOL! I’m going to finish this book this week, if I have to block AO3 from my computer for a bit, and see what I think about using it for shadow work. Thank you, dear heart!

8 Likes

Nice! Let me know how it turns out for you.

8 Likes

It’s one of my two book club books this month so hopefully, I’ll have it finished by then.

8 Likes

It’s been a rough start to my week and I’m still trying to make sense of everything. I’ll be decorating my altar for Yule for the new moon. I decorate two trees with red and green bulbs and wrap some strings of holly and berries around the legs. I was thinking of adding a white reindeer, but I’m thinking of buying one of these lava dragon eggs with an LED stand.

Pic from Amazon

They’re selling fast! Not sure which color to get though! This would represent the reborn sun (as a baby dragon). I have blue, black, and white dragon statues. My dragon chalice is red. Green maybe?

10 Likes

I think green would be a great addition to your other dragons!

6 Likes

I wouldn’t be able to choose, they’re all great!

6 Likes

Hey, @Susurrus can you PM me? For some reason, I can’t PM you. Thanks, love!

5 Likes

Congratulations to @christina4 @Garnet for all your sharing :writing_hand: and all the love that was given. :heart: Way to go ladies.

7 Likes

Its possibly going to be the end of something and beginning of something else for me this week.

I’ve got a meeting with my Head of Department and HR tomorrow and I’m planning to them that I’m moving on to work for myself as a consultant from April. They called the meeting to discuss other stuff but I’m seizing the opportunity. I had to give three months notice anyway so it’s just been brought forward a little. I know they’ll struggle to replace me as it’s a tough recruitment market in my area of law right now so hoping they’ll appreciate a little extra notice. But if not I’ll start sooner on my own.

I’m very nervous but did a tarot reading and pulled the Ace of Pentacles so feeling positive. Any positive thoughts would be much appreciated though.

8 Likes

I will keep you in my thoughts & hope for your greatest success to begin. I think being nervous is normal, but once there is a clear path to working for yourself, you will feel much better. I’m sending you good wishes!

7 Likes

Whew. It’s always tough talking to the head dudes. You got this! You’re giving them plenty of time and leaving on good terms. That should make all the difference. I’ll be sending you good thoughts, love!

8 Likes

You’ll do great! I’ll make a crystal grid for courage and strength. Everything will be fine. You’ve got this! :wink:

8 Likes