Merry Meet Monday - Witchy New of the Week! (Jan 29 - Feb 4) šŸ•Æ

Bahahaha! :laughing: Iā€™ve seen that before, but I enjoy visiting old videos. I was sending some Aussie classics to Devenne and Celestia earlier today. :grin:

13 Likes

Yeppers, I donā€™t like anyone seeing me in my inside clothes. LOL! Theyā€™re old and stained and have holes and are comfy and Iā€™m not giving them up till they fall apart!

16 Likes

I do, too - I think itā€™s because the new year always comes with so much pressure, but also weā€™re finally starting to see more sunlight after Imbolg!

Hey hey hey - we donā€™t ā€œshouldā€ on ourselves here, okay? :rofl: Iā€™m sure you needed that break and time to just exist and read without any other obligations.

I shared it over here! ā†’ An Imbolc Rite For One :yellow_heart:

Oh yes :snake: theyā€™re doing alright! Thank you!

16 Likes

Youā€™ve reminded me that I have to get this place tidy before Chinese New Year next weekend. :scream: :laughing:

Iā€™d better get started this weekend. :muscle:

Or even today. :scream:

15 Likes

Oh noā€¦ not more pressure! :scream: I say start this weekend lol but Iā€™m an enabler. :joy:

15 Likes

I meanā€¦ I did bring this up already :laughing:

:wink:

15 Likes

Well, it ainā€™t happening today. :laughing: My sister-in-law spent all afternoon here and I got a nice big delivery of herbs, so thereā€™s stuff everywhere!

True! I have that thread open in another tab to return to, which feels productive and makes me lazy to actually follow through. :face_with_peeking_eye: :laughing:

15 Likes

Congratulations :tada: @starborn! :confetti_ball: Itā€™s nice to see you back in full swing & recovered from the move with getting situated.

Iā€™ve just realized that today is Thursday :laughing: I am a little bit late this week on the MMM, but Iā€™m getting through each day & things are getting a bit better each day in their way. So, Iā€™m heading in the right direction anyway.

I think I have a quiet weekend :thinking: As of right now, I donā€™t know of anything we necessarily have planned, but things around here change like the flip of a switch lately, too :upside_down_face:

13 Likes

I canā€™t believe itā€™s February! I feel like I slept :sleeping: January away! I guess it was needed!
I woke up late and I really donā€™t like it! :worried::face_with_raised_eyebrow: Iā€™ve been groggy and lazy all day! All Iā€™ve done is sat on my front porch drinking coffee, :coffee: smoking :smoking:and checking in here! :infinite_roots:

At least Iā€™ve decided what Iā€™m doing for Imbolc :sunny::cherry_blossom::blossom: tonight! :last_quarter_moon: I have the tea :tea: ritual and the cast along video. I have an Imbolc prayer and prayer for Brigid. If I can find my ribbon :ribbon: Iā€™m going to hang that out of the window for Brigid! :brigid_cross:

Happy Imbolc :cherry_blossom::blossom::sunny::blush:

13 Likes

Thank you so much for those words. They took me off one of my meds to see if that was causing my shaking and my depression has really got to me. Luckily I go back to the doctor in just over a week, but darn it Iā€™m struggling.

14 Likes

@Amethyst

Love you :sparkling_heart:

13 Likes

Well, weā€™re here for you! :hugs: Depression is no joke, been there. I hope the doctorā€™s visit goes well and you can get things situated. In the meantime - take it easy (and go easy on yourself!) okay?

13 Likes

@Amethyst Weā€™re here for you. When things are rough, itā€™s okay to just hunker down and wait out the storm sometimes. Whatever you need. :people_hugging: :black_heart:

12 Likes

Aww, thank you, dear heart! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thanks, love. Iā€™m trying to be good to myself. I just need to wake up to do it! LOL!

Thank you so much, @starborn! That means a lot to me!

14 Likes

@Amethyst Do what you need and know that we are here for you. :heart_decoration:

@Devenne @MeganB @starborn @tracyS I know you all requested an update of my local groupā€™s celebration of Imbolc so here it is! I also posted in the Imbolg Coven Celebrations but I figured Iā€™d update here too:

My group had an Imbolc ritual at my church (yes my church, we are a uu church that has a pagan group in it). We celebrate the sabbats as a group and up until Yule, we had a core group of maybe five of us. Then Yule came around and we had 80 at the ritual! Now Imbolc and we had about 25 so itā€™s some great turnout! We made Brigid crosses, we listened to poetry and Irish jig music about Brigid and learned about Imbolc. Then we lit candles and did a guided meditation in the church. The cool thing about the guided meditation was that everyone was invited to lie down in the pews and the lights were turned off in the church so that it was only candlelight and the guided meditation was all about going to meet Brigid by a flowing stream and waterfall and it was so lovely and actually amazingly realistic. I found myself tearing up during parts of it. And then we went outside and ate snacks and had a bonfire. It was kinda great. Our minister was there as a participant.

Iā€™m still reeling from the experience of being together in community in real life. I know Iā€™m so blessed to have this community in my backyard. Iā€™m trying to think of ways that I can help formalize our small but growing community of pagans into maybe a CUUPs group. If any of you have experience either attending a CUUPs group or starting one please let me know. :pray:t3:

16 Likes

@BlueAngelite That sounds absolutely divine. What a nice community you have. :green_heart:

14 Likes

@BlueAngelite that sounds great!
it is so beautiful to unite people who have something in common!
you are a blessed community! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

14 Likes

@Amethyst Iā€™m sorry youā€™re going through this. Iā€™m here for you :heart: :people_hugging:

@BlueAngelite Iā€™m so happy for you! We donā€™t have anything like that here. I go to my local metaphysical store. We meet once a month for a full moon mingle. Which is great. She sometimes has classes and other activities. Thereā€™s another one nearby. They have lots of events, but they all cost moneyā€¦ughā€¦some of them are quite expensive!

12 Likes

Thatā€™s amazing and wonderful that you have that place of gathering of like-minded people so close to home, @BlueAngelite! Thatā€™s very special :sparkles:

13 Likes

That sounds so amazing, @BlueAngelite :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Iā€™m glad there was a lot of interest in the event and a lot of people are coming out! Snacks and a bonfire outside sound perfect :pinched_fingers: for Imbolc.

11 Likes