Merry Meet Monday - Witchy New of the Week! (Jan 29 - Feb 4) đź•Ż

Welcome to your weekly update about what’s happening in both the forum and the witchy world at large :newspaper_roll:

Scroll down to read the news for this week :eyes:

Please remember that you must be logged into your active Spells8 account in order to view content located in A Sacred Space and the Energy Exchange.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these upcoming events and occasions!

[ [ Witchy Holiday: Sabbat :wheel_of_dharma: ] ]

Other Events & Sabbats - MMM

→ Thursday, February 1 *

*Depending on the tradition, Sabbats may be celebrated across multiple days and nights

Blessed Sabbat! This week, those in the Northern Hemisphere will be celebrating the Sabbat Imbolc :candle:

Imbolc-Ritual-Symbols-360x240
Imbolc Ritual Ideas for a Pagan February Eve

Want to honor the occasion? Here are a few ideas and suggestions for how you might celebrate this witchy holiday:

(In the Southern Hemisphere? Click here for Lammas ideas!)

Friends in the Southern Hemisphere will enjoy the Sabbat Lammas :ear_of_rice:

Lughnasadh-360x240

Here are a few suggestions for how you might celebrate this holiday:

Click on the pictures and links above for more information and ways to celebrate!

Want to share the Sabbat fun with your coven? Come join us over in A Sacred Space to share decorations, crafting, cooking, altar pictures and more in:

February Sabbat

→ February Sabbat :sparkles: Coven Celebrations!

Witchy Holiday Guide : Want to know more about special pagan holidays? Visit the Wheel of the Year to learn about these keystone seasonal celebrations :wheel_of_dharma:

[ [ Group Ritual :infinite_roots: ] ]

Imbolc Sabbat Season

→ Thursday, February 1

You’re invited to a group ritual meditation- this activity and discussion is open to all active Coven members :tea: The ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day.

Group rituals are held on Thursday in A Sacred Space and remain open over the weekend. Feel free to check out last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

UPDATE: This week’s group ritual post has arrived! Feel free to view the ritual here:

(Group Ritual - Feb 1) :candle: Sabbat Candle Meditation to Light the Way

[ [ Group Healing Session :handshake: ] ]

Energy Exchange Circle Jan 2024

→ Friday, February 2 at 8:00 AM ET

Join a group healing circle to support those who are going through hard times this month. Microphones and cameras will be turned off during this one-hour open space, and coven members are welcome to come and go as they please. This will be the first of five healing sessions in February.

For more information about the Energy Exchange Circle, please see the section below in Ongoing Activities or visit the Energy Exchange.

[ [ Weekend Divination - Free Readings :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Weekend Divination with Megan Black

→ Friday, February 2

Have a question on your mind? Seeking some guidance on how to best approach a problem? :thinking: This is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot and oracle cards! :raised_hands:

Look for the post in the Energy Exchange on Friday- free readings will be available throughout the weekend and will close on Sunday. You can check out the previous Weekend Divination to know what to expect when this week’s Weekend Divination post arrives.

[ [ Moon Phase: Last Quarter Moon :last_quarter_moon: ] ]

Last-Quarter-Moon-Phase-Spells

→ Friday, February 2

This week we will be blessed by the light of the Last Quarter Moon. The exact time you will see this moon phase depends on your location :telescope:

The Spells8 Moon Magick Guide to Last Quarter Moon Magick lists this moon phase as the ideal time to remove negativity and banish things that are holding you back. It is a good time for spellwork that deals with laying things to rest and banishment.

Waning-Moon-Magick-Ritual-Ideas

This moon phase is part of the Waning Cycle :arrow_double_down:. For more information including history, meanings, and a collection of spells and rituals that work in harmony with this moon phase, check out the Waning Moon Spell Page :last_quarter_moon:

Ready for More Moon Magick? You can find complementary spells and rituals for tonight’s moon on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :astrology_moon:

[ [ Additional Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

Other Events - MMM

A collection of interesting (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week:

Stay on top of witchy news by printing or downloading the NEW 2024 Pagan Holiday Calendar and adding the Spells8 Forum Events Calendar to your digital calendar :spiral_calendar:

You can also get the free Spells8 Email Newsletter for even more witchy updates (plus magickal freebies!) delivered right to your email inbox three times a week :envelope_with_arrow:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These activities are open to enjoy whenever you’d like- feel free to participate anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

The current challenge theme is: Catch-Up Challenge :clock4:

catch-up challenge

Every week, the forum hosts a challenge exploring a specific area of magick. Challenges are open to everyone and all are warmly encouraged to participate in a way that reflects their unique magickal practice.

This challenge will remain open until Tuesday, January 30 at 7:00 AM EDT (Eastern US Time). After the challenge closes, a “Props and Presents” post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here:

(A brand new challenge will launch on Wednesday in the public Activities category )

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The Spells8 book club is now in session !

spells8 book club

For more information about this session of Book Club and to submit your book, please head over to the current thread in Activities :

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, February 16 .

And if you haven’t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews from last session in the current Reader’s Reviews thread: :memo: Spells8 Book Club XXXIV - Readers’ Reviews .

Happy Reading! :books:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

Do you have a little extra love and light to share with fellow Coven members? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use a boost of positive energy yourself?

The Energy Exchange Circle is hosted in the Energy Exchange is the place to connect and share love with fellow Coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show that you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the Coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki .

This month’s Energy Exchange Circle will end on Wednesday, January 31 .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Energy Reports :dizzy: ] ]

Mystic Magick January

Are you sensitive to energy? Interested in how energy studies and magick benefit one another? Come explore the magick of energy with the talented @Marsha in these insightful energy reports!

The Mystic Magick discussion is open for all to see and enjoy in the public Activities category. It will be available throughout the month- please be aware that the reports will close on Wednesday, January 31.

[ [ Coven Member Birthdays :birthday: ] ]

coven birthdays

Come wish your fellow Coven members well on their special days! You can congratulate those with a birthday this month in the discussion:

If you wish to appear in this list, please set your birthday on your profile. Additionally, please note that the birthday list is housed in the private, Coven members-only A Sacred Space.

This month’s birthday discussion will remain open through Wednesday, January 31.

[ [ Your Daily Draw :tarot_card: ] ]

Daily Single Draws Tarot Oracle Rune

Looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the Coven :pray:

To enjoy a daily message or to share your own, visit:

Please note that this divination discussion is housed in A Sacred Space and will remain open until Sunday, March 31.

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your Coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle: Help tend the flame and visit the discussion in:

The Brigid Flametender discussion is hosted in A Sacred Space and will remain open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as you’d like.

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to the new members who have joined the Spells8 Forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@taylor4 - @pamela5 - @amanda40 - @amy18 - @jenny1 - @cassandra5 - @kcreated - @DreamWithin - @summer4 - @leslie1 - @ashley24 - @erica5 - @kaylie2 - @robert4 - @jane2 - @shanell - @christie5 - @miss - @will - @amy19 - @cassie - @mary10 - @rebecca14 - @michaela5 - @vanessa2 - @rochelle2 - @kasey - @samantha22 - @kylie5 - @frederick1 - @michelle27 - @allie2 - @deshea - @jess6 - @Leenakin - @jean1 - @kimberly - @tanya6 - @amit - @alberto - @christopher8 - @kelli - @jacquelyn1 - @joey1 - @dasha - @motsilisi - @michelle28 - @jessica22 - @alexis3 - @camiluvly - @storm - @nikki5 - @melinda5 - @victoria11 - @siobhan - @April_Carpenter - @caroline3 - @lisa19 - @melissa21 - @evelyn5 - @olivia3 - @carrie3 - @neal - @marie4 - @virginia1 - @rachelle - @ashley26 - @stephany2 - @jazmine - @heather31 - @crystal27 - @aubrey2 - @angela11 - @rachelle - @lindsey12 - @jackie12 - @nikki6 - @renea

If you haven’t done so already, please get started by creating a new topic in Introductions. Feel free to share a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick, or simply say a quick hello- we’d love to meet you! :wave: :heart:

Wishing you a very warm welcome to the forum! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

Forum Activity

Each week, those who share the most posts and give the most hearts receive a shout-out and thank you for their contributions.

Shout-outs from this past week go to:

• @Starborn - for sharing the most hearts and posts :writing_hand: :heart:

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Click here to learn more about Activity Shout-Out Rewards

Anyone who earns a shout-out for three weeks in a row is awarded the special MMM badge (and will not be counted in Activity shout-outs again for a two-month rest period- this is so that others will have a chance to earn the badge too!) .

The legends who have won the MMM badge 5 times will no longer be counted- they have earned their place in the Forum Hall of Fame ! :trophy:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And Thank YOU! :index_pointing_at_the_viewer:

We’d also like to say a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and presence here help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being a part- Spells8 can’t exist without you! :hugs::sparkling_heart:

MMM Sabbat Blessings - Imbolc

February Eve blessings to you! Are you planning anything fun for the Sabbat this week? :magic_wand:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your plans for the week, chat about upcoming spellwork, or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below.

Blessed be! :candle::sparkles:

23 Likes

@starborn Congratulations lovely :sparkling_heart::partying_face::beers: Hope everyone has a fine week. Loki kicked off his mischief this morning, after my threats to spook him back for the spider prank :rofl:, hubby left for work sans wallet, so I try to call him to come back to collect it, only to realise he was sans phone too. :person_facepalming: Thankfully Loki showed mercy, and hubby returned and collected both with good humour (I think he’s getting used to beastie lol). Wishing you all a chaos free week. :partying_face:

19 Likes

Congratulations @starborn! :grin: :pink_heart: :infinite_roots:

17 Likes

Congratulations and thank you for sharing so much love and guidance with us!

Getting my ducks in a row for my big upcoming project :broom: :soap: :package:

17 Likes

Congratulations! :partying_face: @Starborn :tada: for sharing your wisdom :writing_hand: and so much love :sparkling_heart: with us! :piñata:

With all the planets moving direct until April, time is moving even faster now! I can feel the lift in the energy… can you feel it? Tax season is here, I do my own, so that will keep me busy. I really dislike accounting, but I have to do a profit and loss statement! :roll_eyes:

Wishing you all a magickal :dizzy: week! Take time for some self-care and always nurture your soul!

With love :hugs: always,
Marsha

17 Likes

What fun would that be :rofl: May we all be blessed with what we need chaos and all

:goat:

16 Likes

Thank you, all. :black_heart: It feels good to be back after being so tired from moving and all that. But I still feel I’m struggling to keep up. :laughing:

What a good sport. :laughing:

@Artemisia Aww! I love photos of Kermit. :black_heart:

Eek! I hope the numbers work out well for you. :black_heart:

Amen to that, brother. :black_heart:

I had a nice weekend, between attending a housewarming party, having the in-laws over, and then friends coming over. Also, I got an amazing review on my Etsy store right when I was feeling down on myself and considering taking a break. I’m extremely grateful to have met some of the wonderful and interesting people I have via this endeavour. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Between my personal life and professional life, this week has started off well. I need to start preparing for the next round of reviews at work. Tick all the boxes I can. Prepare to possibly attend the dev camp and give a speech. We’ll see. :thinking:

I’m looking forward to celebrating with Hekate on the last day of the month and then baking bread for Lughnasadh the day after. :black_heart:

18 Likes

Congratulations @starborn!!!

I hope everyone has a great week!

16 Likes

Congratulations to @starborn! Thank you for all you do for the community!

The Universe is conspiring against me having an afternoon nap this weekend. I finally have time to get in bed and cuddle up this afternoon and the home health nurse calls. She’ll be right over for a blood draw. Urgh. Didn’t get in bed for another two hours waiting. LOL!

Other than that, I’ve had a lovely weekend. Didn’t get a lot of stuff done, other than reading, but it was nice.

I hope everyone has a good week!

15 Likes

Yay! Congratulations :confetti_ball: :tada: :hugs: :purple_heart::heart:

14 Likes

Congrats @starborn !
This week I’m going to my local groups celebration of Imbolc where we will make Brigid crosses and have a potluck and an outdoor fire if the weather abides. I’m looking forward to it. I’ve done a tidy-up of my altar and worked on it to transform for Imbolc. I’ll add some photos later. It’s been the first nice-r day that I’ve taken my dog out for a midday walk so I’ll take that as a win! The weather is changing.

15 Likes

I was sick in bed most of the week. Sleeping about 12 hours a day off and all. I feel like all I did was sleep! Today started the same. Went up to take a nap, but was surprised by a burst of energy! Now I’m all abuzz with energy and probably won’t sleep tonight! Hopefully I can get prepared for Imbolc!

15 Likes

@Artemisia Big project but will be worth it in the end. Hope it’s going well. Lovely picture :sparkling_heart:
@marsha Agreed time too fast. Good luck with the accounts, I remember those days when my husband was self employed, headache but necessary. Look after yourself too :green_heart:
@Shadeweaver Loki and his chaos, lol, keeps life interesting and every day an experience that’s for sure :rofl:
@starborn We’ve missed you. That’s fabulous news about your Etsy store. Well done you. Hope you and Hekate have a lovely ceremony together :green_heart:
@Ostara You too :kissing_heart:
@Amethyst Sorry your nap was interrupted, hopefully the tests yield good results. Reading is nice, I’ve so many books my head hurts when I look at them all, so reading time is needed here too. May do some today. :green_heart:
@BlueAngelite That sounds wonderful, enjoy. Tell us all about it after please. :sparkling_heart:
@Sivonnah Sorry you were ill. :hugs: Sending hugs. Enjoy your burst of energy :green_heart:
@crystal59 Nice to see you. Hope all is well :sparkling_heart:

15 Likes

Congratulations @starborn ! Missed you! I hope organizing is going well for both you and @MeganB . It always takes some live in time to get everything into the most comfortable positions after a move.

Kermit looks so peaceful, I can almost hear him purr, @Artemisia . Extra pets.

My project is continuing. Got housework done this week. Still working on organizing the digital and financial areas. I awoke super early, this morning with inspiration to get out of the apartment for the first time since Samhain or so. Unfortunately, nothing is open for another 3 hours, and Albus won’t be up for another 2 hours. Time for stretches and preparing the apartment for the day.

12 Likes

The universe loves doing this to us, doesn’t it. :laughing: I had a few similar situations recently, too.

:open_mouth: Wow, that’s awesome that you get to celebrate it as a group! :black_heart:

Oh no. :sweat_smile: All the rest followed by too much energy. I can relate…

I hope you had a nice time nevertheless! :black_heart:

I missed you too! :black_heart:

Organising is going well. I keep adding new things to be organised. :crazy_face: But that includes refilling the first aid box, consumable tool cabinet items such as tapes and other adhesives, stocking the pantry with long-life food items, replacing two broken kettles, etc.

Sounds like a nice start to the day. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I hope it’s a lovely one for you. :black_heart:

14 Likes

Thank you! So far so good. Finances are flowing smoothly. I stopped off for breakfast at a local fast food restaurant, but they are still keeping the dining room doors closed to all as though we were still in quarantine. They lost a sale. No biggie. All they had that I wanted was some fantastic raspberry flavored soda pop and a burger. I can do the burger at home.

12 Likes

Home burgers are super yummy too. :green_heart:

12 Likes

Congratulations @starborn :partying_face:

I don’t have too much going on this week, but I am trying to prep for Imbolg. There’s a ritual in one of my books that I want to do but I have to run out and get some candles because I don’t have any :rofl: I’ll share the ritual in a bit for anyone else who wants to do it, too.

I’m glad it got sorted quickly and easily :laughing: gotta love Loki!

Oh…yeah…lol I need to make my plan for this, too!

I can - I absolutely can. I’m so, so ready for it. I’m not ready for taxes, though. For some reason, it looks like we owe a bit of money this year instead of getting money back! :scream: I will wait a bit longer before I finalize anything, but it doesn’t look like a good time for us :rofl:

That’s good to hear :heart: I’m glad it seems like you’re getting settled in your new place and things are going well!

Hey now - reading still counts!

Heyy! I did something similar this past weekend! I hope you have a great time!

Oh, no! I hope you feel better this week! :people_hugging:

We’re getting there, I think. There’s not much we can do with snow on the ground and it being freezing cold, but it’s coming along lol it’s slowly starting to feel like our house is a home.

13 Likes

@MeganB

Same. It’ll be nice though, the turning of the season, still Feb and March to go but I always feel lighter once January is done. :green_heart:

13 Likes