Merry Meet Monday - Witchy News of the Week! (Feb 12 - 18) šŸŒ“

Welcome to your weekly update about whatā€™s happening in both the forum and the witchy world at large :newspaper_roll:

Scroll down to read the news for this week :eyes:

Please remember that you must be logged into your active Spells8 account in order to view content located in A Sacred Space and the Energy Exchange.

Donā€™t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you donā€™t miss out on these upcoming events and occasions!

[ [ Group Healing Session :handshake: ] ]

EEC February 2024

ā†’ Wednesday, February 14 at 6:00 PM ET

Join a group healing circle to support those who are going through hard times this month. Microphones and cameras will be turned off during this one-hour open space, and coven members are welcome to come and go as they please. This will be the third of five healing sessions in February.

For more information about the Energy Exchange Circle, please see the section below in Ongoing Activities or visit the Energy Exchange.

[ [ Group Ritual :infinite_roots: ] ]

Imbolc Sabbat Season

ā†’ Thursday, February 15

Youā€™re invited to a group ritual meditation- this activity and discussion is open to all active Coven members :tea: The ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day.

Group rituals are held on Thursday in A Sacred Space and remain open over the weekend. Feel free to check out last weekā€™s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

UPDATE: This weekā€™s group ritual post has arrived! Feel free to view the ritual here:

(Group Ritual - Feb 15) :dove: A Meditation for Peace

[ [ Weekend Divination - Free Readings :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Weekend Divination with Megan Black

ā†’ Friday, February 16

Have a question on your mind? Seeking some guidance on how to best approach a problem? :thinking: This is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot and oracle cards! :raised_hands:

Look for the post in the Energy Exchange on Friday- free readings will be available throughout the weekend and will close on Sunday. You can check out the previous Weekend Divination to know what to expect when this weekā€™s Weekend Divination post arrives.

[ [ Moon Phase: First Quarter Moon :first_quarter_moon: ] ]

First-Quarter-Moon-Spells

ā†’ Friday, February 16

This week we will be blessed by the light of the First Quarter Moon. Note that the exact moment of peak illumination will depend on your location :telescope:

The Spells8 Moon Magick Guide to First Quarter Moon Magick notes that this moon phase is an excellent time to take action towards making your dreams become reality and bringing about positive growth. It is a great time for forward movement and healing :hugs:

Waxing-Moon-Spells-Rituals

This moon phase is part of the Waxing Cycle :arrow_double_up: For more information including history, meanings, and a collection of spells and rituals that work in harmony with this moon phase, check out the Waxing Moon Spell Page :first_quarter_moon:

Ready for More Moon Magick? You can find complementary spells and rituals for tonightā€™s moon on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :astrology_moon:

[ [ Group Healing Session :handshake: ] ]

EEC February 2024

ā†’ Sunday, February 18 at 4:00 PM ET

Join a group healing circle to support those who are going through hard times this month. Microphones and cameras will be turned off during this one-hour open space, and coven members are welcome to come and go as they please. This will be the fourth of five healing sessions in February.

For more information about the Energy Exchange Circle, please see the section below in Ongoing Activities or visit the Energy Exchange.

[ [ Additional Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

Other Events - MMM

A collection of interesting (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week:

Stay on top of witchy news by printing or downloading the NEW 2024 Pagan Holiday Calendar and adding the Spells8 Forum Events Calendar to your digital calendar :spiral_calendar:

You can also get the free Spells8 Email Newsletter for even more witchy updates (plus magickal freebies!) delivered right to your email inbox three times a week :envelope_with_arrow:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These activities are open to enjoy whenever youā€™d like- feel free to participate anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

The current challenge theme is: Empaths and Empathic Magick :dotted_line_face:

Empaths Empathic Powers Challenge

Every week, the forum hosts a challenge exploring a specific area of magick. Challenges are open to everyone and all are warmly encouraged to participate in a way that reflects their unique magickal practice.

This challenge will remain open until Tuesday, February 13 at 7:00 AM EDT (Eastern US Time). After the challenge closes, a ā€œProps and Presentsā€ post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here:

(A brand new challenge will launch on Wednesday in the public Activities category )

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The Spells8 book club is now in session !

spells8 book club

For more information about this session of Book Club and to submit your book, please head over to the current thread in Activities :

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, February 16 .

And if you havenā€™t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews from last session in the current Readerā€™s Reviews thread: :memo: Spells8 Book Club XXXIV - Readersā€™ Reviews .

Happy Reading! :books:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

Do you have a little extra love and light to share with fellow Coven members? Or perhaps youā€™ve fallen on hard times and could use a boost of positive energy yourself?

The Energy Exchange Circle is hosted in the Energy Exchange is the place to connect and share love with fellow Coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show that you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the Covenā€™s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki .

This monthā€™s Energy Exchange Circle will end on Thursday, February 29 .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Coven Member Birthdays :birthday: ] ]

coven birthdays

Come wish your fellow Coven members well on their special days! You can congratulate those with a birthday this month in the discussion:

If you wish to appear in this list, please set your birthday on your profile. Additionally, please note that the birthday list is housed in the private, Coven members-only A Sacred Space.

This monthā€™s birthday discussion will remain open through Thursday, February 29.

[ [ Your Daily Draw :tarot_card: ] ]

Daily Single Draws Tarot Oracle Rune

Looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the Coven :pray:

To enjoy a daily message or to share your own, visit:

Please note that this divination discussion is housed in A Sacred Space and will remain open until Sunday, March 31.

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your Coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle: Help tend the flame and visit the discussion in:

The Brigid Flametender discussion is hosted in A Sacred Space and will remain open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as youā€™d like.

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to the new members who have joined the Spells8 Forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@dan2 - @jess3 - @stacey2 - @kelley - @azoth - @leshie - @pamela6 - @sarah26 - @takieah - @nicollette5 - @lisa20 - @rachel23 - @iren - @joshua2 - @donna19 - @terri2 - @naelina - @jennifer49 - @stephanie15 - @bryarx444 - @brittany1 - @theresa2 - @ashley27 - @Vampblud - @nissa1 - @Lunadragon - @hailey1 - @amberly - @michelle29 - @Nacurro - @WellybootWitch - @mackenzie - @Jinnsinn22 - @christie6 - @kadence - @jackie13 - @jay - @debora - @elle3 - @jackie14 - @ms11 - @briana1 - @amber20 - @jasmine2 - @kimberly25 - @mr1 - @amber21 - @christine2 - @amanda34 - @doris1 - @Wandering_free - @malia - @dosa - @kris2 - @sarah31 - @iden - @juton - @lara - @genia - @nancy13

If you havenā€™t done so already, please get started by creating a new topic in Introductions. Feel free to share a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick, or simply say a quick hello- weā€™d love to meet you! :wave: :heart:

Wishing you a very warm welcome to the forum! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

Forum Activity

Each week, those who share the most posts and give the most hearts receive a shout-out and thank you for their contributions.

Shout-outs from this past week go to:

• @Starborn - for sharing the most hearts and posts :writing_hand: :heart: (on a three-week streak!)

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

:trophy: After a three-week streak of being featured in the weekly shout-outs, @starborn has received a special badge for their contributions to the forum- woohoo! :confetti_ball::two_hearts:

Click here to learn more about Activity Shout-Out Rewards

Anyone who earns a shout-out for three weeks in a row is awarded the special MMM badge (and will not be counted in Activity shout-outs again for a two-month rest period- this is so that others will have a chance to earn the badge too!) .

The legends who have won the MMM badge 5 times will no longer be counted- they have earned their place in the Forum Hall of Fame ! :trophy:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And Thank YOU! :index_pointing_at_the_viewer:

Weā€™d also like to say a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and presence here help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being a part- Spells8 canā€™t exist without you! :hugs::sparkling_heart:

Love is in the air! :heart: Will you be working any magick for the holidays or the First Quarter Moon this week?

Whether itā€™s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your plans for the week, chat about upcoming spellwork, or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below.

Blessed be! :first_quarter_moon: :sparkles:

21 Likes

Well done @starborn :sparkling_heart: Fabulous.

The sun is out!!! Weā€™ve had rain straight for months and months. Even over my house which usually still rains when the rest of Bristol has sun, we have sun. I have nothing else to report. Iā€™m in shock :flushed::rofl:

18 Likes

Heard about this epic holiday just a few minutes too late for the MMM- couldnā€™t resist adding it in here to the comments! :laughing:

ā†’ St. Skeletorā€™s Day (February 15th)

17 Likes

Wooohoo! Enjoy that beautiful sunshine, Tracy! :sunglasses: :heart: :sun_with_face:

16 Likes

@BryWisteria I love St. Skeletorā€™s Day! :laughing::blush:

Weā€™re getting 5-8 inches of snow tonight and 1-3 tomorrow :frowning::sleepy: Iā€™m so ready for spring! :sun_with_face::sunflower:

15 Likes

You are awesome, @starborn :partying_face: :piƱata: Thank you so much for all you do! :revolving_hearts: :tada:
With love :heart: always

15 Likes

Congrats @starborn!
Itā€™s sunny here in Illinois too. Iā€™m going to spend my work break reading a chapter of Weave the Liminal in my solarium, soaking up the sun. I already took a walk with my dog earlier today. And my jasmine plant is loving this weather. :potted_plant:

15 Likes

i love jasmine! itā€™s my favorite plant! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :pentagram: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

14 Likes

Whoop whoop! 3 weeks of love and wisdom, thank you!

12 Likes

Aww! Thank you, all~ :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I can now finally stop appearing in the spotlight and pass it on to someone else. :laughing: :sweat_smile:

What happened?! :laughing: Maybe enough chocolate was finally taken from you to buy some sunlight?

The day was created in 1998 by British comedian Richard Herring. In his words, St. Skeletorā€™s Day is ā€œa day for all the lost souls who donā€™t have anyone to love,ā€ and it is ā€œdevoted to the destruction of love.ā€ He said that there should not be any one day to give flowers, you can do it any other day too! Besides thwarting the destruction of love, the day also calls for the destruction of greeting cards, and of people who simply wonā€™t shut up about their boyfriends and girlfriends. On St. Skeletorā€™s Day, you do not have to buy any gifts for people or do anything special; letā€™s keep that for Valentineā€™s Day!

:laughing: What on earth!

@CelestiaMoon You need to come claim a day for the recreation of love following this destruction, please. One that doesnā€™t require a romantic interest and covers love in all its forms. :black_heart:

Aww. I hope spring follows right behind it. :black_heart:

What a beautiful plant. :sparkles: I love jasmine. :black_heart:

My week started off alright. Iā€™d taken Friday and Monday off work for Chinese New Year, so I didnā€™t have to work yesterday. Although, I canā€™t say there wasnā€™t a fourth evening of some degree of chaos and drama that kept me from other things last night. But thereā€™s always today to have hope for.

:silver_heart: :black_heart:

15 Likes

Congratulations @starborn! Youā€™re such a great person, youā€™ve really made a difference to the forum!

16 Likes

Awww, weā€™re flattered you thought of us here! :wink: :hugs: :sparkling_heart:

I like the three day structure that would createā€¦ first, letā€™s celebrate love in a very romantic and commercial way on St. Valentineā€™s day :pink_heart:, then tear down that institution in the St. Skeletorā€™s day :black_heart: and finally rebuild it in the way that better suits usā€¦ on St. Katerinaā€™s day! :smile_cat: :silver_heart:

15 Likes

Oh, yeah! It would be in threes! :laughing: I didnā€™t even think of it.

That reminds me of a lot of the readings I do, like The Tower card reading. I enjoy the ā€œbreaking down to rebuild a more beautiful formā€ concept.

A natural physical example here is bushfires. There are trees whose seed pods only open in the extreme heat caused by bushfire. Itā€™s horribly destructive, but it brings nutrient-rich soil and new growth.

Aww. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I thought you were going to use your name. St. Celestia flows nicely.

Then again, why are we saints? :thinking:

Letā€™s come up with better titles for ourselves. :grin:

Ooh, a list. This website includes ā€œmania,ā€ which not all sources do, so I would skip that one, but I like the descriptions regardless.

(Pretty sure you introduced me to this website, too. :black_heart:)

12 Likes

Thesis, antithesis and synthesis again :wink:
Or birth, death and rebirth.

I love that too. The whole alchemy idea of ā€œsolve et coagulaā€, see how many pieces you can break it into, see what you can build out of those pieces, let it develop, observe and repeat when itā€™s time again :black_heart:

Kind of a fun fractal mix of evolutionary and revolutionary :smile_cat:

Hmmm, in the Hindu cosmology the universe works pretty much like this. In the beginning things are perfect and beautiful, and evolve from there, getting messier and messier. Eventually at the end of the last era Shiva gets enough if it and destroys everything. A new universe is created, maybe not exactly the way it was before. Food for thought.

Iā€™ve heard of those too, I was fascinated. Phoenixes live right here with us in the form of those trees. :palm_tree: :fire: :phoenix:

Well, if Skeletor can be oneā€¦ :laughing:
Also itā€™s probably bad form to name yourself a saint so who better to choose but you? :kissing_heart: :wink: :black_heart:

Everyone probably has a favorite kind, so I went with that for the holiday. Of the ones listed there mine would be agape, pure white light, that occasionally shines in more specific shades, burning purely, free of any jealous, possessive or otherwise toxic qualities.

Awww, very much possible, itā€™s one of my favorites! :blush:

10 Likes

Is it weird that the first image I got from this is me formatting and reinstalling Windows? :laughing:

Probably. :laughing:

Here comes a huge afternoon storm.

You can even see the blanket of rain falling in the distance.

13 Likes

What part of the world do you live in where it is so snowy :cloud_with_snow:? That is a lot!!!

12 Likes

Hi :wave: a day late, but yesterday was :face_exhaling: A Lot

Anyway!

Congratulations :confetti_ball: on 3 weeks of so much love :heart: throughout the forum! @starborn :exclamation:

We are having some ā€œickā€ westher today, yesterday was about 50 degrees, todayā€¦ really cold :cold_face: & even colder rain :cloud_with_rain: We were forecasted for 8 - 12 inches of snow :snowflake: earlier this AM, but around 6:30 AM that changed to 5 - 8 inches. Weā€™ll see, either way the cold is awful. We must be getting something because surrounding towns have parking bans & a lot of the schools :school: are closed for the day.

I have 1 appointment today & 1 tomorrow that I know of right now. That is subject to change though. Practicing rest & I had a nice tea :tea: last night before bed.

I also found out that ā€œThe Da Vinci Codeā€ has 2 other movie ā€˜sequelsā€™ that I suppose make it a series, but they are really good! The 2nd being 1 that was a good one for my husband & conversation.

Iā€™m sorry that I havenā€™t been able to do much at all with the :sparkles: Daily Single Draw for the Coven Jan - Mar 2024 or Tending Brighidā€™s :brigid_cross: Flame, itā€™s been a bit of a lot & more recently having to cut screen time makes it a but tougher.

I hope everyone has been having a great start to their week! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

Awww, in that case the universe needs a more stable operating system! :joy:

Awwwā€¦ it may not be much but hereā€™s a warm hug :people_hugging: :heart:

12 Likes

Congratulations @starborn :tada::confetti_ball: Your love is much appreciated :heart: :blue_heart: :purple_heart:

Awwwā€¦Thank you! :blush: We always seem to get one last blast in March before spring appears! The last week has been a tease wit weather in the 50s and sunny.

I live in northeast Pennsylvania. Weā€™re at a high elevation and get more snow than they do down the hill 2 miles away! We actually got 12+ inches!

I feel like Agape is most appropriate for me!
Agape is what some call spiritual love. It is an unconditional love, bigger than ourselves, a boundless compassion, an infinite empathy.

I love those movies! Iā€™ve watched them more than once! Iā€™ve read the books too!

@Susurrus I hope all goes well for you :pray: :two_hearts: :heart: and you continue to rest and take care of yourself! :blush::people_hugging:

12 Likes