Ogham preoccupation.... I mean, project! :)

Great job @Artemisia! I am learning the Ogham, I haven’t gotten to the point of using or making staves yet though. I do have a sort of Ogham journal where I write what I’ve learned about each one in it with the correspondences, history, letters, divinatory meanings, etc…

We have this post: - Irish Tree Language - The Ogham :evergreen_tree:

@MeganB has done some posts on learning the Ogham too!

I am very interested in the outcome & how lucky that you will be able to make them each with a different or corresponding wood/plant! I can’t wait to see how they turn out!

@Melora_Fae I work with the Elder Futhark & would love to make my own set of those too :laughing: I have a bunch of oak in my backyard from a storm that brought down a bough of one of our oak trees in the backyard. I have since claimed that tree as mine because a large portion of the tree fell, so it is still standing & has weathered the storm, but the parts that need to be let go fell off the tree. (Alright, so that portion of the tree was in our neighbor’s backyard & ours, but it’s our tree so we removed it from their yard after the storm passed & now I have the branches & bough in my backyard) I actually collected a lot of information about them: Runes Information

My husband is going to cut discs up from one of the branches, but I may be able to get him & my son to make me 25 “sticks” if I tell them how long the discs are. I have a woodburning tool downstairs with my other DIY crafting things. When the time comes I will post my progress with both!

I look forward to seeing how they turn out @Artemisia!

7 Likes