🪐 Planetary Magic: Ruling Forces, Uses & Correspondences

For this entry of the Weekly Challenge, I decided to explore and use as reference the book The Magician’s Companion.

I was especially interested in the chapter regarding Planetary Magic :ringer_planet: for example:

In both the Gnostic and Hebrew traditions, the seeker was required to possess magical seals (containing secret names of God) allowing passage through each planetary gate. Each seal was considered to represent a particular attainment or initiation.

The 7 Magic Planets

The word “planet” comes from the Greek word planasthai, which means "to wander," because, to the ancients , the planets seemed to waender among the stars.

The seven planets are comprised of the five planets known to our ancestors (Venus, Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, and Saturn) plus the Sun and the Moon. :sunny: :crescent_moon:

What is Planetary Magic?

The basic idea is that each planet is part of the Great Chain of Being and has a vast hierarchy of various spirits, intelligences, angels, deities, plants, stones and minerals as partaking in its nature.

The days and hours of each planet, just like in the case of the Moon phases and Magic, are considered appropriate for different types of Magic.

Each planet has its own strengths and properties, and each rules over certain aspects, times and energies. These Magic properties of the planets can be invited into our spells and rituals. The simplest way to do this is through the use of Magic Planet Correspondences.

Magic Planet Correspondences

Moon

The days and hours of the Moon are dedicated to food, the home, emotions and intuition. Secrets and truths, hidden messages, fertility, generation and growth, maternity and feminine powers.

With regard to spells and rituals, the ones most attached to the energy of this time are those of healing, divine and psychic messages.

• Day: Monday
  • Angel: Gabriel
  • Archangel: Gabriel
  • Chakra: Sacral
  • Deities: Artemis, Selene, Ixchel, Máni, Sin, Khonsu, Ganesha, Diana, Hecate, Luna, Hathor, Isis.
  • Polarity: Yin
  • Number: 9
  • Element: Water
  • Colors: New: White; Full: Red, Green; Waning: Black.
  • Metal: Silver
  • Stones: Quartz, Moonstone, Pearl
  • Plants: Opium, Lotus, Mushroom, Seaweed, Watercress.
  • Incense: Jasmine, Poppy, Myrtle.
  • Animals: Cat, Hare.

Mars

The days and hours of Mars are related to the energy of war and battles, courage, defeating enemies and vexing situations, breaking spells, legal issues and disputes.

Activities that require energy, courage, strength, and action will benefit from this planetary Magic energy. Also, building strength of the mind and body, confidence.

• Day: Tuesday
  • Angel: Zamael
  • Archangel: Kamael
  • Chakra: Navel
  • Deities: Mars, Ares, Nergal, Anath, Morrigan.
  • Polarity: Yang
  • Number: 5
  • Element: Fire
  • Colors: Red
  • Metal: Iron
  • Stones: Bloodstone, Ruby, Garnet.
  • Plants: Ginger, Garlic, Mustard, Basil, Gentia.
  • Incense: Pine, Tobacco, Cypress.
  • Animals: Basilisk.

Mercury

The days and hours of Mercury are related to the development of intelligence, studies and communication. The physical and occult sciences, commerce and business in general. Advice, healing of body, mind and soul.

It’s a good time to trade, buy or sell, study, read, start a short trip. Also to make a phone call, solve problems and start medical treatments. Channel Mercury’s Magic in spells and rituals related to business, money, communication, inspiration, and travel.

• Day: Wednesday
  • Angel: Raphael
  • Archangel: Michael
  • Chakra: Throat
  • Deities: Mercury, Hermes, Nebo, Thoth, Athena, Maat, Metis.
  • Polarity: Yin/Yang
  • Number: 8
  • Element: Air/Water
  • Colors: Violet, Indigo
  • Metal: Mercury
  • Stones: Opal, Agate
  • Plants: Caraway, Dill, Fennel, Lavender, Mandrake, Horehound.
  • Incense: Storax, Mace, Sandalwood.
  • Animals: Jackal, Twin Serpents, Hermaphrodite.

Jupiter

Jupiter’s days are excellent for spellworks of honor and wealth, friendships, health and manifestations, new jobs and career changes. Also, good luck, political influence and legal or bureaucratic matters.

During this time it is favorable to leave for a trip, make contacts abroad, ask for favors from influential people. In spells and rituals, Jupiter’s energy benefits anything related to the astral realm, business, intuition and justice.

• Day: Thursday
  • Angel: Sachiel
  • Archangel: Tzadkiel
  • Chakra: -
  • Deities: Zeus, Thor, Marduk, Jupiter, Woden, Hanuman, Lugh, isis, Hera, Juno, Themis.
  • Number: 4
  • Element: Air/Fire
  • Colors: Purple, Deep blue, Sky blue
  • Metal: Tin
  • Stones: Amethyst, Sapphire, Chrysolite, Turquoise
  • Plants: Anise, Clover, Mint, Balm, Oak, Olive
  • Incense: Cedar, Nutmeg
  • Animals: Unicorn

Venus

The days of Venus are linked to love, beauty and sensuality. New friendships and issues involving pleasure, beauty and romance are also strengthened by its energies, such as arts, creativity and youthfulness.

Venus Planetary Magic is used to create works of art and everything related to aesthetics including love and attraction. Rituals to improve friendship and relationships, happiness and sensuality are included in this planetary time.

• Day: Friday
  • Angel: Anael
  • Archangel: Haniel
  • Chakra: Heart/Sacral
  • Deities: Venus, Aphrodite, Ishtar, Hathor, Inanna, Freya, Beltis, Mari, Astarte, Eros, Adonis, Indra.
  • Number: 7
  • Element: Water/Earth
  • Colors: Green, Rose
  • Metal: Copper
  • Stones: Amber, Emerald
  • Plants: Almond, Apple, Fig, Rose, Elder, Geranium
  • Incense: Benzoin, Jasmine, Rose
  • Animals: Dove

Saturn

Saturn’s days are conducive to success in business and career paths. They favor works related to goods, abundance and prosperity. They can also bring destruction, physical and symbolic death, hatred and discord.

Saturn rules the closing of cycles, ancestry and longevity. It is a good planet for developing real estate and for all matters relating to the earth such as digging the earth, demolishing, working with wood and stone. The planetary hours ruled by Saturn are ideal for rituals and spells related to studies and wisdom. Self-knowledge, concentration, and purification are more specific examples.

• Day: Saturday
  • Angel: Cassiel
  • Archangel: Tzaphkiel
  • Chakra: Throat/Root
  • Deities: Saturn, Cronos, Adar, Isis, Hera, Kali, Nepthys, Rhea, Demeter, Bhavani
  • Number: 3
  • Element: Earth/Water
  • Colors: Black, Dark Blue
  • Metal: Lead
  • Stones: Pearl, Onyx, Star-Sapphire
  • Plants: Aconite, Marijuana, Hemlock, Cypress, Yew, Thyme
  • Incense: Civet, Myrrh, Cinnamon
  • Animals: Crow, Raven

Sunday

The days of the Sun are ideal for the spellworks of wealth, fortune and obtaining personal benefit. This planetary time can help dissolve hostile feelings and assist in friendships and social relationships, ambition, authority, fame and prominent positions.

Sundays are related to the possibility of getting promotions, achieving success. Harness the energy of the Sun to organize, to seek professional advice and guidance, creativity and attention. The planetary hours ruled by the Sun are also great for confidence, creativity, freedom, personal growth, prosperity and protection.

• Day: Sunday
  • Angel: Michael
  • Archangel: Raphael
  • Chakra: Heart
  • Deities: Helios, Hyperion, Ra, Utu, Krishna, Rama, Amaterasu, Ilat, Theia, Sekhmet
  • Number: 6
  • Element: Fire/Air
  • Colors: Gold, yellow
  • Metal: Gold
  • Stones: Topaz, Yellow Diamond
  • Plants: Citrus, Saffron, Marigold, Birch, Acacia, Ash
  • Incense: Frankincense, Laurel, Wood
  • Animals: Eagle, Lion, Phoenix

Make sure to bookmark this topic for future reference! :bookmark:

Here are two other useful pages that can be helpful when using Magic correspondences to write your spells:

Days-of-the-week-printable-page candle-magic-grimoire-days

22 Likes

Francisco,
Thank you :blush:
One thing I needed more than ever is structure and I am feeling that coming from our coven. Thank you!
This will give me a opportunity to have some guidance with diligence and respect to myself.
Ps for some reason I can’t download the daily candle magic. It takes me too Witch Cheat Sheets: PDF Printable Pages however I did not find the pdf.
Blessed be

9 Likes

I LOVE THIS!! :joy::heart_eyes: thank you so much for sharing :blush:

10 Likes

This is a great resource itself nevermind the printables, but even clicking on those brings you to some awesome pages. I really enjoyed reading about the planets & I absolutely bookmarked this one for future reference.

7 Likes

Once again you’ve outdone yourself @Francisco! Great information and wonderful pages for me to keep. Thank you so much!

5 Likes

Thank y’all for your comments!! :blush: I’m glad you found it as interesting as I did!!

When this happens, try clearing the cache so you can see the most recent version of the page. In any case, I just sent you a message with the PDF so you can download it directly!

8 Likes

Thank you @Francisco

5 Likes

Francisco
Thank you, for sending the pdf directly! Have a great day!
Jeannie

6 Likes

This is amazing- there are so many possibilities with Planetary Magick! :star_struck: :ringer_planet: Thank you for sharing this treasure trove of wisdom, Francisco- there is so much here to learn! :pray::open_book:

5 Likes

I am reading Modern Magick by Donald Craig, and studying The Golden Dawn Tarot. Similar information.

5 Likes

I feel that ceremonial magick is great when creating talismans for a specific purpose. For example, a Sun talisman for health or wealth could begin with this sigil and then add elements from there on:

sun magic planet

7 Likes

As a result of my reading I am also researching Kabbalah, and The Hermetic order of the Golden Dawn. To contrast that I am reading, The Crooked Path about traditional witchcraft. I still feel I am Eclectic. I am open to ideas.

6 Likes