đź“– Spells8 Book Club XXVIII (May 19 - Jun 16)

Welcome to all of the witchy book-lovers here in the forum!

:books: :woman_mage: :heart:

Thank you again to everyone who joined in for last month’s reading session! For those who haven’t yet shared their thoughts about their book (or anyone who enjoys reading book reviews!) you still have time to do so in :memo: Spells8 Book Club XXVII- Reader’s Reviews discussion .

As of today, the 28th book club reading session has now begun !

spells8 book club

On Your Mark, Get Set, READ! :books:

1. Begin by announcing your book
    The first post below is an editable wiki post- add your book title and name to the list! (instructions below)

2. Know that you have [[ 4 weeks ]] in this reading session
    While it is great if you can finish your book during this time, it is okay if you break it into chapters or sections- do as much as you can and know that doing your best is always good enough!

3. As you’re reading, feel free to share your thoughts!
    You are very welcome to share any thoughts or tidbits while you read in the comments below or in a new post in the forums. Just save the best parts for the final discussion at the end of the reading period!

4. Join the final discussion
    After four weeks, a discussion post will open encouraging all readers to share a review of their book and any personal thoughts they have about it. A mini-review is perfectly fine, and there will be a suggested format for anyone who would like to write a longer review.

Picture from Pixabay

A note about sharing books:

While everyone is free to choose their own book, you may consider reading along with someone else ! It is fun to share thoughts and insights about different books and even more exciting to do in-depth about a book with fellow readers :handshake:

If the book you plan to read is already on the list below, add your name to the list of others reading that book! For books with multiple readers, a separate discussion just for you will open for you to swap thoughts and share insights.

Please keep in mind that everyone will reconvene for the final discussion, regardless of which book you read :books:

If you are reading a book along with someone else, please make a note in the comments so I can create a special discussion thread for you!

Not sure what to read?

You can find book recommendations in:

And also:

Reading on a budget?

Free online books can be found in:

Picture from Pixabay

If you have any questions about Book Club, please feel free to check the Book Club FAQ and/or ask in the comments.

Blessed be and happy reading!

:sparkles: :open_book: :sparkles:

7 Likes

~~ ~~ ~~ This post is a WIKI POST- it is editable by everyone! ~~ ~~ ~~

Please announce your books here :blush:

Example:

• Book Title by Author
    (@) your username

Out of respect to others, please only add/edit your own entry

• Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon
    @BryWisteria

• Brigid: History, Mystery, & Magick of the Celtic Goddess by: Courtney Weber
    @Susurrus (continued from last book club x2 :laughing:)

• *The way of the witch by sally morningstar
    @tracyS

• The Path of the Sacred Hermit by Avallach Emrys
    @MeganB

• Pan: Dark Lord of the Forest and Horned God of Witches by Melusine Draco @Amethyst

• The Psychic Witch by Mat Auryn.
    @Phoenix_Rose

• The Gifts of Imperfection by BrenĂ© Brown
    @Phoenix_Rose

• Abramelin the Mage @Wysteria_Norn

• Witchcraft Today By Gerald B. Gardner @TheMuslimWitch

7 Likes

For anyone who has trouble with adding their entry to the wiki post above, here is a step-by-step guide on how to do so:

→ How to Edit a Wiki Post (with pictures!)

If you’ve read the instructions but are still having a tough time- no stress at all! For anyone who prefers, I am happy to add you in. Just write your book title and author in a normal post and I will take care of it :blush:

Blessed be! :heart:

4 Likes

Looking forward to doing this for the first time. Blessings :heart:

4 Likes

I’m still reading the book, but making progress.

I added my entry above @tracyS by accident! Sorry! I hope you love :heart: the book, I enjoyed it when I read it & I’m enrolled in, I guess classes on the Morrigan at the Irish Pagan School with Lora O’Brien. She works heavily with the Morrigan & I believe she is a priest/priestess of Her as well. (I’m about 99% sure of it, but my brain is slow today :face_with_hand_over_mouth:)

4 Likes

I put two books as I am done the Psychic Witch book. I bought it as an audiobook and in my review I will post the time points of the exercises for easy referral for anyone else who gets the audiobook version.

The second book is not a witchy book but as I was listening to it I saw how it would help my practice. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@TracyS Welcome, Tracy! I hope you enjoy The Morrigan- may it be a lovely read for you! :books::blush:

@Susurrus No worries, Siofra- I hope you continue to enjoy Brigid. Happy reading! :open_book: :sparkles:

@Phoenix_Rose Congrats on finishing Psychic Witch! I think having the time points for the exercises would be very helpful- it would certainly make it easy for anyone who wishes to jump back in to do them. I hope you enjoy The Gifts of Imperfection- have fun! :closed_book: :heart:

5 Likes

Ive updated, getting engrossed in this book too, and its kind of taking over. Way of the witch. Sorry. :joy:

4 Likes

No need to apologize, Tracy! It sounds like you are enjoying Way of the Witch- may it continue to be a great read for you! I can’t wait to hear your final thoughts about it :blush:

Blessed reading! :books::sparkles:

4 Likes

Friendly reminder time!

:grey_exclamation: The current reading period will end in one week (Friday, June 16) :grey_exclamation:

A Reader’s Review post will appear in the forums at that time for everyone to share their thoughts and hear all about what your fellow coven members have been reading.

I hope everyone is enjoying their reading so far! I’m looking forward to reading everyone’s thoughts and learning about new books :open_book: :sparkles:

Happy reading and blessed be! :books:

2 Likes

Oh I have to get reading, just started also The Altar Within by Juliet Diaz, 3 books on the go :person_facepalming::joy:

3 Likes

Oh my goodness… where did the time go?!? :alarm_clock: I’m nowhere near finished with my book lol I’ll just have to keep reading it next session!

3 Likes

I hope you enjoy it, Tracy! :heart:

You’re on a roll- enjoy your reading, Tracy! :clap: :grinning: :books:

Books are always happy to wait- they are very patient with us! :smile: :books: I hope it continues to be a good read for you, Megan- enjoy!

3 Likes

haha for this, I am very, very thankful! :laughing: :pray:

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: :memo: Spells8 Book Club XXVIII - Readers’ Reviews!

Today marks the end of this reading period!

A discussion will soon open up in the forum for everyone to share their thoughts and swap book reviews :open_book:

Please keep an eye on the forums for the soon-to-appear post! :eyes:

:exclamation: The few wonderful reviews already posted here have since been re-homed in the Readers’ Reviews post to make them easier to find!

magick book
Gif from WiffleGif

Didn’t finish your book or just got started ? No worries!

Feel free to share your thoughts so far and chime in on the reviews that your fellow coven members have shared. You may find a recommendation for a new book! :open_book:

After a one-week review period, the next reading session will begin: Next Friday, June 23rd . Feel free to continue reading your current book into the next session or start a brand new book at that time!

Happy reading and reviewing! :books::blush:

2 Likes

This reading session has closed- thank you to everyone who joined in! If you have a book review or comments to share, please do so in the open Reader’s Review post in the Activities Category