Types of Witches

Hi Everyone, Merry meet!

I have a question. I am newish, I had practiced for years when I was younger. Then life happened and just went back on the “broomstick” after an absence.

Now that I am older and we have the internet, I have a question about what kind of witch like me would be called.

I am a practicing hereditary eclectic witch these days, I was initiated at a very young age by my Aunts and Uncles. As I got older I also realized I was a sensitive as well, a Physic empath.

Is there a name for witch that also has physic abilities?

I appreciate any and all information on this topic

Blessed be,
Naythan

12 Likes

Hi @peter6 ! Welcome to the coven! I’m a choas witch from Minnesota. Been practicing off and on for 35+ years. I have very recently started to work with Loki as my patron deity.

I also have visions or psychic abilities. There are many names depending on exactly what your ability is.

This is a good place for some information.

Always feel free to ask questions! I’m sure someone else will have more answers for you on this question as well!

12 Likes

Welcome to the coven I’m Devenne a chaos witch from Indiana.

Blessed be

10 Likes

I’m John from Chicago iv been practicing for over 30 years need anything just ask

11 Likes

Hello and welcome. I’m Tracy from England. Loki is my personal deity. I’m a chaos witch and Norse Pagan. Those are my current labels, although Loki’s tag stays forever :rofl: :green_heart:

What type of witch? You know, I don’t know. Rather than identify yourself by what type of magic you do or gifts you have, I tend to identify by who my gods are, so for me it’s Lokean and Norse Witchcraft as those are the beasties I work with mostly. I’ve also worked with demons, mostly Eurynomous (he’s my favourite :hugs:) so you could say I’m a demonic witch too. Labels are difficult I think, because each witch kind of embraces all elements and gods in their craft at some point in their life. Maybe just being a witch is the best label. Just my view :person_shrugging::partying_face:

11 Likes

Hi @peter6,

Welcome! :blush:

I’d say you could call yourself a “psychic”, or, if one of the clair powers is a speciality of yours, your could call yourself “clairvoyant/ clairaudient / clairsentient/ etc”.

There are many witch types and witch labels out there in the world - some witches choose one, some choose many, and some choose to not use any labels at all. It’s okay to wear a label or labels, it’s okay to not use labels, and it’s okay to change labels too - the beauty is in the freedom of it. Each wonderful witch is able to choose what works for them! :woman_mage: :sparkles:

For me personally I feel most comfortable with the label “Eclectic” because it encompasses many different areas all at once. It offers some identity as a type, but also the freedom to explore and enjoy whatever types of magick call to me within the moment.

Whichever label(s) you choose or don’t choose, know that the power of choice is entirely in your hands, Peter - wear what you feel represents you and your practice, and wear it with pride! :heart: :sparkles:

Blessed be!

10 Likes

@peter6 welcome to the family!
she is Airam from Greece
glad you are here with us! :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

8 Likes

Welcome @peter6 :wave: I’m Susurrus a moderator here at Spells8.

As has been said, there are quite a few types of witches & it would be whatever you are comfortable with too. Whether it be 1 or more.

I have changed labels a few times since I came back to my practice & joining Spells8. Now, I just say witch or pagan, depending on the context of the conversation. I’m comfortable with that because everyone’s path is different & ever evolving.

Eclectic is a good one when there is more than one part of your practice that makes it yours. Right now, I’m a bit sarcastically using chaos liminal witch. But that’s more describing 2024 for me.

I lean more into Irish Paganism & working with Irish Goddesses mostly but do work with others from the Tuatha de Danaan. I have clairs & highly empathic, & also have several other things that I practice or work with. I’m continuously learning whether or not its something I practice or not & I’m known for trying new things & then zeeing if it it’s something that fits with my practice or not. (Never know unless you try right?) So I tend to find myself in deep dives & rabbit holes a lot.

What type of witch are you?
:ballot_box_with_check: What Type of Witch Are You? Coven Roll Call and POLL!
45 types of witches
Nine Types of Witches: Which Witch are You? :star:
The 3 Types of Witches (No-Nonsense) :woman_mage:
What kind of witch are you?

8 Likes

Merry meet!

I’m Kat and I found the practice over 30 years ago but lost my way for a while. I came home a few years ago and found this amazing group of people!! I practice eclectic green magick and am interested in tarot, runes, ogham, herbalism, and moon magic. I work with Artemis (she’s been with me since the beginning), Selene and Hekate.

We’re glad to have you here. :purple_heart: Make yourself comfortable, explore, and feel free to ask questions!

:herb: :bow_and_arrow: :crescent_moon: :hekate_wheel:

7 Likes