šŸ•› Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Catch-Up!

I have been really drawn to Malchite lately and I thought itā€™s because of the color but your picture description makes me wonder if itā€™s not calling out to me. I love your entry and it made me do some more research into Crystal! Yours are so beautiful.

8 Likes

Catch-Up! - Weekly Challenge Entries 1-3

I donā€™t know why Iā€™m so nervous to post my challenge entry for Creative Crafting but I am! Itā€™s not perfect and I made some mistakes. I might even redo it, but this is what I came up with on my first try at making a figurine but here goesā€¦ :cold_sweat:

1. Trying Something New - I chose to make a crystal grid for the first time and made one for Artemis. I used moonstone as the central stone, surrounded it with labradorite, and then placed amethyst and tigerā€™s eyes on the points. I finished it with clear quartz on the four corners.

(close up on the labradorite and moonstone)

White Moonstone which represents the energy of the moon and intuition.
Amethyst crystals promote spiritual awareness and protection.
Tigers Eye symbolizes courage and strength.
Clear Quartz crystal at each of the four corners of the grid, which amplifies the energy of the other crystals and enhances clarity of thought.

I thoroughly enjoyed designing and making the grid HOWEVER I didnā€™t plan ahead well and created it on my desk which made it impossible to move without disrupting it. I did run across a great idea on the forum and am now looking for a glass candle plate for my next try!

1. Creatively Crafty - This was the most nerve-wracking and yet still fulfilling challenge. I decided not to go too overboard on my first try sculpting and created a basic female figure and embellished it from there. I have to say I am THE WORST at trying to draw a crescent moon! :laughing: I donā€™t know how many times I tried and wiped it out. It still needs improvement.

Creating the quiver with arrows was fun but I wimped out on trying to make an arrow with a point for the front and just used a charm. I did form the shape of the bow from sterling silver wire and still have yet to string it, but I ran out of time.

I tried a couple of paint washes on her to make it look like an ancient clay figurine.

And yes, the arms did fall off after baking while I was painting and had to be glued back onā€¦ ugh Iā€™m not good at this! :cry:
    She is now charging in the moonlight overnight!

I also made a stand for my cracked glass gazing ball. It needs a couple more coats of paint but I think it will work out great.

2. Potion Making - I made up a batch of mugwort essential oil to be used in annointing oil for my practice.

• Ordered some lovely mugwort,
  • Filled a large glass jar with the dried mugwort, leaving a few inches of headspace at the top.
  • Poured grapeseed oil over the mugwort leaves and flowers until they are completely covered.
  • Stirred the mixture well, making sure that all the plant material is fully submerged in the oil.
  • Sealed the jar tightly with a lid and place it in a warm, sunny spot for at least 4-6 weeks, shaking the jar every day. This is the step Iā€™m on now
  • After 4-6 weeks, I will strain the oil through a cheesecloth or fine mesh strainer to remove the plant material.
  • The oil will be infused with the essence of mugwort, which you can use as an anointing oil for your book of shadows.
  • Store the oil in a dark glass bottle, in a cool and dark place.

Really really enjoyed these challenges as they continue to stretch my skills and expand my magickal practice! :herb: :full_moon: :deer:

14 Likes

Sounds very interesting. Iā€™m going to have to do some research :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

These all look so amazing!!!

8 Likes

@Shine awwwee thanks so much. I try to keep everything as safe as i possibly can for my clients and myself. And if i can take away even a fraction of someones pain then i have to try.

9 Likes

Awww these are adorable! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY

A healthy dose of Crystals
I couldnā€™t not do this one considering the experience with my neighbor and an instinctual choice and quick prayer and charge of a stone that even an old grumpy Dr said he had no other explanation for what he saw 13 days earlier simply disappearing
Crystals weā€™re one of the things that I was drawn to so many years ago and after coming back and trying to spark my memory by going through the basics, I have come back to crystals.
Some of you know about my issue with not being able to keep intrusive energy at bay, so far my solution has been to simply not leave the house.
I recently purchased a protection set that included many of the crystals that yā€™all suggested as a start. Just looking at the box has made me feel a way that I canā€™t describe but I havenā€™t done much more than pick them up a couple times and open the box when I feel what I can only describe as a dark blanket that fills me with every emotion at once. The presence of the box of protection crystals has actually pushed it away but it has never gone away
It always comes from the direction of the windows in my bedroom which is my safe space so I can only figure that it is a collection of energy from the surrounding outside area
This week I actually payed attention to the crystals and got to know them. For the past few days the ā€˜blanketā€™ cinders in but stays in the corner and I only feel a little of it
Iā€™m actually thinking that I might be subconsciously feeling energy from everywhere sort of like static even when I try to pull my attention to my immediate suroundings and that is what is Iā€™m calling anxiety even Iā€™m outside.
Talking the box with me if I leave the house doesnā€™t really seem doable but maybe if I start using a purse again. Iā€™m just going to continue to work with them and figure it out from there.
The other thing this week is that I realized that an arrangement of crystals on a print out of a pentacle is actually a crystal grid. I hadnā€™t a sort of large rose quartz that was a very meaningful gift from my oldest son and ones representing the elements on the corresponding points. They arenā€™t the traditional ones, I was taught to pick ones that mean that element to me. Iā€™m not exactly sure what the grid is for since I just put it together without knowing what I was doing but the best way I can explain my current theory is that everything is connected and love and that web can facilitate healing anything
Iā€™m adding pictures of my ā€˜gridā€™ and of my protection box that also has what appears to be a crystal grid on it but I have always found crystal grids to be intimidating and overwhelming so Iā€™m leaving it be for now. Baby steps
And just so you know, my Altar and workspace are a work in progress
Iā€™m still rearranging but I think that might be the place for those 2 things at least

13 Likes

Garnet - I am thinking of using bast for the cat magic challenge! Hum what to do looks like your all cought up :arrow_up: I am still wondering what to do! Thank you for this knowledge My causin had a tattoo of Ras eye on his eye! Itā€™s a nice tattoo!
Jeannie

8 Likes

Challenge entry: #3 potion making
I made a divination oil with mugwort,yarrow, thyme, rose petals and olive oil then I let it sit over night and charge under the full moon.:full_moon_with_face:

strong text

14 Likes

@Nixi Ohhh, those are some powerful crystals, itā€™s like I could feel it even from the picture! :hugs: :gem:

Crystal grids have felt overwhelming and intimidating to me too, and I canā€™t really explain it. Perfectionism and the infinite possibilities may have something to do with it for me. Or the fear of doing something wrong while experimenting before fully understanding something. Itā€™s a lovely arrangement nonetheless, whether you think of it as one or not :heart:

11 Likes

I really struggled this challenge to find a catch up :arrow_up: and by the nick of time I found a meaningful solution for my madness!!
Jeannieā€™s

weekly Witchy Challenge Land Beneath Our Feet :foot:
Me and my husband went on vacation to Oregon not to long ago and we picked up some witchy findings. I brought home some snow water from the mountains :mountain_snow: and a piece of earth :earth_africa: and we looked it up and was not able to identify the plant :seedling:

I just want to lit this candle and use this piece of the earth I gathered to
protect the land and give honor to the land!
Mother Gaia
Witch Hazel - Centering and grounding, easing the tension between the land
Birch- May the element of water purify and cleanse the land
Bay- Banishing all the land from harm protect this land and heal the land!
Lilly- Air Bring peace :peace_symbol: to the land, and harmony with all of the the consciousness of the land. Purify the land and bring healing!
Lavender- Bring light and love over the land. I pray :pray:t4: for the sunshine :sunny: to shine :sparkles: all over! May the people of the land feel the peace :peace_symbol: and protect the earth :earth_africa:
Valarian- May strength reside over the mountain :mountain:
I lite this candle :candle: to offer protection over the land! One day me and my husband is going to live in Oregon. I hope to go up there soon. Also, I did a meditation and called to the quarters and did a prayer :place_of_worship: for the land!
Jeannie

18 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

There was a real abundance of wonderful entries shared this week- so much creativity on display! Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to jump into a theme (or two, or three!) and share an entry with the coven- I have really been enjoying reading about everyoneā€™s spellwork across so many themes! :star2::blush:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : To avoid confusion, this discussion will be locked until the Props and Presents post appears. At that time, this thread will reopen for discussion for a few more days- comments are welcome during this time, but please note that no additional prizes will be given.

Thanks again for joining in the challenge! :partying_face:

Blessed be! :clock12::sparkles:

11 Likes

The challenge deadline has passed- thank you to everyone who joined in! :sparkles:

This topic is reopening for any continued discussion and comments (feel free to respond to entries that were shared, chat about the challenge theme, etc!)

The Props and Presents Post for this challenge is now live in the forum and badges have been sent to all entrants! :trophy:

ā†’ Props and Presents for the Catch-Up XII Challenge

Thank you once again to all those who joined the challenge! :star2: I hope you enjoy your new badge :medal_military:

This thread has been reopened for discussion- feel free to comment on the theme, ask questions or reply to entries! However, please remember that no additional prizes will be given out now that the challenge has officially closed. Thank you!

11 Likes

Big hugs to you @MeganB!!! I like the f*you letter idea and burning and doing it again when the time is right. I am sure the contents of the letter will naturally change over time and help you find closure. What a great way to honour yourself and your needs without letting another person take away your power or not hear you. So empowering!!

:hugs::heart::bouquet:

12 Likes

Here you go!

10 Minute Meditation Letting Go of Negative Thinking

13 Likes

Thank you @Kasandra !!! Adding this to my list <3

10 Likes

Lolā€¦ :laughing: yes I have all of themā€¦ a few of them twice! :rofl: I love the challenges & learning different things to see if they will wonā€™t be something that I use in practice or how I already use them. :revolving_hearts:

I feel this in my soul :two_hearts: There are so many times that I would love to just be able to even rewind time. Thereā€™s so much that I wish I could get back or even do again & again & again.

@Sarafeena_Sage those are some great yarn dollies! I love them! & Crystal Gridding isnā€™t too bad, I was the same way & then once I learned the possibilities of them, it became a lot easier.

@Nixi that is a lovely setup & I like the idea of using the Pentacle as a grid with the Rose Quartz in the center. I have a little pouch that I put crystals in to carry around each day. Whether in my pocket, purse, coatā€¦

@Artemisia you did a great job! I canā€™t craft things like that easily & they look beautiful! I have a cracked glass sphere too!

@Solasta_Amore & @brandy20 they are all lovely stones! I have some of each also, they are gorgeous & some of my favorites. One thing to remember is that Any Crystal or Stone that ends in -ite or the stone Turquoise, you need to use caution when using water or salt water to cleanse them because they may dissolve or be damaged when placed in water. :smiling_face:

@Jeannie1 as always such wonderful & thoughtful entries & work put into them! I always enjoy reading your entries :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

Soifra Strega,
Thank you for your kind words! when I went to Oregon, I didnā€™t realize you can identify each mountain with an app that identifies mountains! It was fun! My aunt she has so much art and she actually rides horses.My aunt she loves indigenous cultures and she actually rides horses! Sheā€™s always trying to teach me to do a lot of art and sheā€™s a really neat person.
Jeannie

9 Likes