Witch-positive show with something for everyone ✨

Greetings to all!

For those of us in lockdowns and looking for something new to watch- I’ve got a recommendation to put on the table!

My partner and I recently finished a really cute little show and I thought I’d share it with all of you :blush:

[From the Owl House official site]

While it is a fantasy that takes place in a different world and has a different interpretation of witches there- those witches are not shown in a bad and evil way :relieved: .

Instead, the show portrays witches as a vast spectrum of characters- with good, evil, and morally-grey among them. The show is geared towards a younger audience (it’s produced by Disney TV Animation) but covers a lot of heavy issues in an approachable and easy-to-digest way.

For those with an interest in feminism, diversity, and LGBT+ this show has some pretty great representation :+1:

Fans of Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra , The Midnight Gospel, Adventure Time, and The Dragon Prince will find similar themes of magic, adventure, and complex issues presented in friendly ways in the Owl House.

Like these other shows, it is a meaningful watching experience regardless of age!

If it’s something that seems interesting to you (or perhaps someone you know!) it is highly recommended! :grin:

Happy Watching! :tv:

I’ll be adding this recommendation to the wonderful new Recommendations Masterpost Wiki that @praecog29 thoughtfully put together for everyone- take a peek if you haven’t already seen it!

8 Likes

This looks cute! Thanks for sharing it!

3 Likes

I love love love Avatar, The Dragon Prince, and Korra. I see The Owl House is on Disney Plus. Yay!

" Created by former Gravity Falls animator and Duck Tales director Dana Terrace…" Sounds like a good cartoon. Thank you, @BryWisteria, for the recommendation. I will check it out this weekend with the family.

3 Likes

Gravity Falls AND DUCK TALES!!! What!! :scream::scream: Oof

4 Likes

Yea… something fun to watch! Thank you for this! :heart: :two_hearts: :heart:

3 Likes

@Christina4 GRUNKLE STAN!!! …LOL :laughing: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Three episodes in and loving it. Thank you, again, @BryWisteria. We had company over and all of us were watching it by the time they needed to leave.

2 Likes

You’re very welcome @Amethyst! :blush: Let me know what you think if you decide to give it a try.

And oh- that’s a surprise for me too, @Christina4! :laughing:

I’m so glad it was a hit, @praecog29! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: It’s one of those shows that pulls you in and doesn’t let go- they did a really great job with the story and characters. I hope you all continue to enjoy it! :sparkling_heart:

Omg Grunkle Stan @Berta :rofl: Gosh, it’s been too many years since Gravity Falls! That was a great show too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Is it on regular Disney or just Disney+? Because I don’t subscribe to it if it’s on Disney+. That would be disappointing.

1 Like

It was on Disney first. A second season was picked up so you’ll probably be able to catch it in reruns. If you have Disney, you might be able to use DisneyNow (free to certain pay TV subscribers). It’s also on that service, apparently. I hope you can catch it because it’s really cute.

2 Likes

I’ll have to look! I don’t even know where Disney is on my tv channels. LOL. Too busy watching Law and Order and Dr. Phil reruns. Thanks for the info!

2 Likes