A Spell to Burn Away Obstacles 🔥

This post is an entry to the Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Of the Element Fire :fire:

Warm greetings to all!

When thinking up a good way to ignite fire magick, I decided to work a spell that will burn through obstacles and clear a path forward to the future :railway_track:

A Spell to Burn Away Obstacles :fire:

Spell Components:

• :candle: 3 Candles - symbolizing the past, the future, and a central candle for the overall casting

• :compass: A Protective Token- symbolic of the things you do not wish to burn away

• :arrow_down: A Directive Token - an object to guide the focus of the spell

• :gem: Crystals- stones with properties or colors that correspond with fire [Pictured: Carnelian, Red Jasper, Aventurine]

• :red_circle: Spice - herb or spice that corresponds with fire [Pictured: Paprika]

Fire has many benefits and great power- but it comes with risk as well.

The inclusion of Protective and Directive Tokens help guide the focus of this spell while protecting the things you do not wish to be burned away.

1. :compass: Light the candle on the left next to your Protective Token, imagining the light and warmth to keep the things and atrritubtes you treasure safe.

2. :arrow_down: Light the candle on the right next to your Directive Token, focusing on the outcome and direction you will head when the obstacles in your way fall to ash.

3. :candle: Light the central candle and picture the blaze surrounding you with the scorching energy of fire. Know that you are protected, and bask in this wave. Imagine it destroying any obstacles that are currently holding you back.

4. :person_in_lotus_position: Vizualize the warmth and energy kindling into greater heights. As the momentum builds, take a step closer to your altar. Turn your attention to the Directive Token and allow the energy to follow the direction of the path you have prepared.

5. :relieved: When you are ready to quiet the flames, breathe deeply three times, exhaling and imaging the fire within you to slowly settle into coals.

6. :bowl_with_spoon: Let the candles burn out or dispose of them according to your practice. You may choose to leave all items on the altar, but may want to consider using the spice in Kitchen Witchery.

May obstacles turn to ash at your feet as you walk confidently through the flames towards the success you seek!

Blessed be! :fire:

37 Likes

Oh very nice! Thank you for sharing! I think I may take part in this one too!

11 Likes

Oh this is lovely @BryWisteria! It seems like the Road Opener spell, only with more power. Thanks for sharing!

12 Likes

Wow :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I like :fire::fire::fire::fire:!!!

11 Likes

You’re very welcome, @Susurrus and @Amethyst! :blush: Yes, it is right along the same lines as a Road Opener spell :railway_track: I’d love to hear how it goes if you give it a try! :grin:

Thanks, @NickWick- glad to hear that! :relaxed: :fire:

10 Likes

I loved the imagery of this spell! and the visualization, it was very clear! Thanks for sharing, Bri!!

11 Likes

What a great spell! I will happily take notes on this in my journal! I would love to cast a spell like this! Maybe during the next New Moon. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

With all my emotions going so crazy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: this is the best way for me to direct my goals! Thank you Travel Witch for your guidance. I really appreciate how we get to work on ourselves directly. I am Happy to have this great opportunity to better myself & to look at my fears and limitations!
Jeannie
Blessed be

10 Likes

It’s an honor- I’m glad you enjoyed the spell, @Francisco! :grin:

Go for it, @colin! I’m so glad you like the spell- I think it could be a great addition to a New Moon ritual :new_moon: :sparkles: Good luck and enjoy!

You are very welcome, @Jeannie1- I hope this spell can help! Sending love and light to you :pray::two_hearts:

11 Likes

OOO I like this a lot

11 Likes

Thank you for this. very inspiring!

9 Likes

So glad to hear that, @AliceInWonderdab !:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

You’re very welcome, @SacredBee! Happy you think so :blush::heart:

9 Likes

I hope you don’t mind but I designed a BoS page for this spell. Here it is in all it’s glory :grin:

Fire spell.pdf (272.4 KB)

yes I did make sure I cited who wrote it…enjoy. Love to you all.

15 Likes

Gorgeous page design! You did good!

8 Likes

@Amethyst Thank you. I have a lot of those types of pages to re-edit. Doesn’t take much time for me as I like to learn how to do things like that.

10 Likes

You do a great job! :smiley:

9 Likes

I’m honored, @Magdelina- the page you designed is gorgeous! :heart_eyes: Thank you so much for taking the time to make such a lovely BoS page- I’ll be saving this one for sure! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

Printed this page thank youuuu

12 Likes

Thank you it’s what I’ve been looking for to burn through all the hurdles I have in the way of my goals :grin::pray:

11 Likes

You are very welcome, @judith5! :blush: May the flames of your magick incinerate any obstacles blocking your path forward and light the way towards your goals :pray::fire:

Good luck and blessed fire magick! :hearts:

10 Likes