Announcement: New Updates to the Guidelines [Important- please read!]

Merry meet to all!

The Spells8 Staff Team has been hard at work over the past few weeks doing some tidying up and making improvements to the Forum Guidelines/FAQ. I’m happy to announce we’ve made great progress (and just in time for Yule- solstice cleaning, anyone? :grin:)

In response to some concerns raised over the past month, we have been implementing new ways to make the Sharing Content section of the guidelines be both clearer and easier to implement .

As explained in both the Guidelines/FAQ and the Site Terms of Service, at the end of the day, all users are responsible for the content they share:

However, we don’t want to leave you in a workshop without your wand so-to-say! :woman_mage: So we have created some new additions to the guidelines to help everyone share content safely and responsibly .

While the previous guidelines were very simplified (leaving room for misinterpretation and possible confusion), the new updates provide the following:

1. Separate sections with walkthroughs specific to different types of content
  2. Clearly set limitations of how much copy-and-pasted content is acceptable to post
  3. A way “out” for those who want to share external content but have concerns about doing so (see the “When in Doubt” section)

Check out the new updates for yourself here! :face_with_monocle:

The above section has been added to the official guidelines and will go into effect TODAY: December 16th, 2021 .

As for old content, please do not worry! Any content posted prior to today’s date will not be held responsible for not following rules that weren’t in place yet (but of course it goes without saying that any posts that violated the previous guidelines will still be attended to- nothing has changed there!) .

That being said, you may receive an edit note from a moderator who has shortened content that was shared previously to match the new guidelines. In such a case, you don’t have to worry and nothing else needs to be done. If anything is needed from you (such a source or author name), a moderator will reach out with a friendly message :blush::email:

There is a lot of information here, so please- if you have any questions at all please feel free to reach out in the comments below (or message the moderator team)- we are here to help you! :heart:

As the sun begins to return in the sky for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere, may it light the forward for a continued prosperous time for the forum and the wonderful Infinite Roots Coven :infinite_roots:

Wishing everyone a very blessed Solstice!

:heart::infinite_roots: :sparkles:

18 Likes

Thank you for the new heads up.
Garnet

7 Likes

Thank you for posting these! I hope you have a great day! :two_hearts:

7 Likes

You’re very welcome @Garnet and @Susurrus! :heart:

Wishing the same to you- have a great one! :sun_with_face:

7 Likes

Thank you @BryWisteria for sharing this one. I really have been trying to credit my sources when I’m sharing things. If anyone ever notices me not doing something correctly, please tell me. I am grateful for the guidance :blush:

7 Likes

Thanks for the refresher and the added updates. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

You’re very welcome @Jessica72 and @Rowan- thank you both for stopping by and for reading the new updates! :heart::blush:

5 Likes

We have a great group of people here, so I think it will be an easy transition to the new guidelines for everyone. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

just bumping this up to the top for anyone that missed it

3 Likes

Thank you for the boost, Megan! :raised_hands: :blush:

3 Likes

Bumping <3 It’s important that everyone reads the updated guidelines. This is just a reminder :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Thanks for the boost! :blush: There are some important things in the update- it’s always great to have a reminder! :heart:

4 Likes

Thank you @MeganB & @BryWisteria! I was thinking that we should boost it soon. We’ve had some new members that may need to see it too! :two_hearts: :infinite_roots:

4 Likes

Bumping this post to make sure that new members & any members with questions can review the updated guidelines. :two_hearts:

4 Likes

For my clarification …

I post a picture and the picture is a link to the source where I copied the picture.

Does that count as source credit? If not, in the future I will link source below photos, etc I post.
:angel: Sorry :grimacing:

4 Likes

@LadyAuld.ofChico, that can be changed when you save the picture, so you would need to include the image source link credit to the picture if it’s not 1 that you took yourself & not of minors without their guardian’s consent. :blush:

Don’t be sorry, someone else may have the same question. :hugs:

4 Likes

Anyone who hasn’t had the chance to read this really should, I refer back to it when making up my posts.

2 Likes