Mineral Family: Tourmaline
Structure: Silicate
Hardness: 7-8
Chakra: Root
Zodiac: Capricorn :capricorn:
Element: Earth :earth_americas:
Planet: Earth :earth_africa:
Color: Black :black_heart:

:black_heart: Black Tourmaline was first names in 1400 AD by a small village in Saxony, Germany after their villageโ€™s original name, Schorl. Black Tourmaline is also named Schorl.

:black_heart: It became a fashion stone about 150 years ago.

:black_heart: In 1876, George Kunz sold a green tourmaline originating in Maine to what is now known as Tiffany & Co.

:black_heart: In India, during ancient times, a statue of Alexander the Great was believed to be carved (out of black tourmaline). This was recently confirmed and was dated back to the second or third century BC.

:black_heart: Tourmalineโ€™s of all colors can be electrically charged :zap: by rubbing your fingers :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: at each end, resulting in the attraction of particles in the air. :magnet:

:black_heart: Black Tourmaline is one of the most popular stones used in spiritual practices.

:black_heart: Itโ€™s most commonly used for protection and is recommended for anyone exposed to uncomfortable environments.

:black_heart: This stone acts as a negativity deterrent by cleansing and protecting your auric field.

:black_heart: The purification that black tourmaline provides is perfect for anyone struggling with anxiety, anger and unwanted thoughts. It will also act as transmuter, taking the negative energy surrounding you and purifying it.

:black_heart: This is a great stone for the work setting as it deters coworkers or clients. :wink:

:black_heart: Black Tourmaline has positive effects on the body by balancing and activating the left and right side of the brain :brain:. This results I the detoxification of impurities in the body. For better results, create a wand with black tourmaline along with selenite and rose quartz.

:black_heart: Black Tourmaline blocks electromagnetic waves (EMF) like the ones caused by call phones, laptops, TVโ€™s, and other electronics. Itโ€™s recommended to have a black tourmaline on or around you while using electronics for extended periods of time.

:black_heart: More Properties: :black_heart:
Creativity, protection, clearing, grounding, purification, cleansing, mastering fear, transmutation of negative energies, emotional understanding, and strength.

Black Tourmaline rough tumbles

The white is white quartz.

Some tourmaline chips from a broken tourmaline that I was finished working with as a whole.

This piece has some Mica at the end (silver color)

14 Likes

I love my Black Tourmaline. I have it in a cage on my keychain with a Rose Quartz keychain. I have a palmstone that I love to meditate with & I have a necklace. It used to be a pair of earrings but I lost one of the earrings, so I made the single a necklace!

8 Likes

Well, thatโ€™s a handy little Silicate, better get me some.

earth-001

5 Likes

Gotta say black tourmaline is one of my favorite stones I have a few rough pieces and a few polished pieces

7 Likes