Crazy Thunderstorms! ⛈

We had a wild storm come rushing in last night- lucky I was home safe and sound when it hit!

Aside from roaring wind and torrential rain, we had the strangest lightning. It was flickering non-stop for a good hour! I took a short video where you can see it: (link is through Google Drive)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11IfMskAuXhgUDKfmqIYoSmgTtZHiV4tx/view?usp=sharing

Has anyone else experienced a lightning storm like this before? :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain:

Luckily I didn’t get caught out in the weather- but perhaps it’s the season to brew up some more Thunderstorm Panacea! :zap:

I hope anyone else getting wild weather is staying safe! Blessed Be! :sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

So beautiful! I love storms! Yes, infact, last week we had some T-Storms with lightning and fierce wind. I love to open my door and windows and just watch them roll by. It’s so cleansing for me.

Blessed be

2 Likes

I agree @walter - storms are always very exciting! :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: I love the energy in the air too- as long as I am safe at home and inside! :grin::+1:

I didn’t know about it before, but @Abs53 shared a special word for those of us who enjoy storms: “Ceraunophilia”! :zap:

I’n Southern California, I have experienced lightning storms in August. usually they did not cause a problem. Yet, global warming has changed the usual. In CA, we have wildfires. Global warming is a cause, Witches, such as us should consider if we can help. I do not have an answer, only questions,

2 Likes

Yes! There was a storm yesterday. I love to watch them. When it pours in the humid summer, I stand in the grass and just enjoy Mama Earth!

3 Likes

Huh. That flickering is odd. I’ve never seen the like of it.

I got up this morning and just as I was turning the computer on it thundered big. I’m glad I was awake anyhow because that would have made me jump out of bed. What a way to wake up!

3 Likes

Oh yes, we get those on the Cape a lot in the summer. It lights up the whole sky! It’s amazing to watch, we get it like that and then with strikes during them too. I like to go down to the beach and watch the water and what it’s doing out over the ocean. That kind of weather always fascinates me.

3 Likes

@Susurrus Krissie. I hear you! I love that too! People seem to only enjoy the beach in summer. But I love watching the ocean in the winter too. The salt air, wind and the waves crashing in…It’s beautiful!

4 Likes

@walter Any time there is some kind of weather pattern, I love driving the coast here and watching the ocean during the storms or whatever is going on that day. It’s very relaxing to me.

3 Likes

@BryWisteria I hope you’re collecting some of that rain water!! It never rains like that where I live… I really miss the storms!!

2 Likes

I can imagine! Your side of the coast has to be beautiful!

3 Likes

The town I live in is a coastal town and I wouldn’t trade it for the world. It’s gorgeous under the sun and any time of the year really. As the seasons change so does the air surrounding the beaches here. Each time of year has their own special settings and are gorgeous to watch when the weather changes.

3 Likes

It sounds like many of us are getting big storms now! To @wendy4, @christina4, @Amethyst, @Susurrus, and everyone else experiencing these late summer thunderstorms- I hope you are both staying safe and enjoying them at the same time! :pray::cloud_with_lightning_and_rain:

I agree with @walter- there’s just nothing like that fresh ocean air! :ocean: These storms are the closest I’ve got to sea weather right now. I imagine the rain water from the storms are quite potent, @Francisco! The thought briefly crossed my mind, but the wind was so wild, I was worried any jar I put out on the sill would be long gone in a few windy minutes! :laughing::wind_face:

3 Likes

How beautiful it must be! Great place to live!

3 Likes

I have quite the collection of shells from them being washed up or from daughter finding them while swimming around, I keep some in my room and others in my front flower garden. I even have a piece of coral that we found. I always stay safe and if the weather is too wild, I will watch from the comfort of my living room and under a blanket. Sometimes I open the windows in my room and read to the sounds of the weather.

4 Likes

This sounds so lovely, @Susurrus! :heart_eyes: I can imagine sitting in a cozy warm bed while watching the storms pass over the ocean- it seems like a scene from a book or a movie :ocean: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

@BryWisteria I’m very lucky to live so close to the ocean. I feel like a lot of people are missing out because it’s not just fishing or swimming, it’s a whole experience.

3 Likes

Yes, must be beautiful to live close to the ocean! My dream someday. Be by the ocean and bit of forrest

3 Likes

I hope your dream comes true! You’ll never look back!

3 Likes

Thank you, thats so sweet of you to say! @Susurrus. Yes I want to build a tiny house and have a huge herb/ vegateble garden facing the the waves…I can imagine sitting on the porch looking at ocean and practicing my craft…

4 Likes