Divination Discussion šŸ’­ Trusting Yourself

Way to go to everyone that participated in the last Divination Discussion where we played catch up :running_woman: and you got to choose one from the past you might have missed.

YAY! Thank you all for participating!

Life can get hectic sometimes, so itā€™s nice when we are given an opportunity to catch up on discussions we missed.

@AliceInWonderdab discussed their method of reading tea :tea: leaves in the bath!
@BryWisteria pulled a few cards :flower_playing_cards: to get insight into some projects their working on!
@Susurrus pulled a card :rainbow: and focused on herself and the symbols in the card!

As I said earlier, catching up can be nice, even if we only catch up on one or two things. The important thing to remember is that we make time for our practices, whatever that looks like to us.

Great job everyone!

:star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star:

Ready for the new discussion?

This week, we are going to let our intuition do the work. This is going to be a little different than what we have normally done, so I hope youā€™re ready!

As a reader, no matter your divination of choice, one of the most important things you can do for yourself is trusting your intuition. Intuition is like a muscle ā€“ the more you use it and practice, the better it gets. Sometimes reading the cards will leave us with a strange feeling, sensation, or even thoughts and images. Over the course of reading tarot, I have come to trust the clair experiences I have and pass them along to whomever Iā€™m reading for.

An example of this can be seen in one of the past Freebie Fridays. I read for @Susurrus and an image of an older woman popped in my head, almost like she was standing behind me looking over my shoulder at the computer as I was typing and she was wagging her finger and saying that @Susurrus knew what to do and could figure it our for herself.

It reminds me of an older woman basically saying, ā€œYoung lady, you know how to do this thing yourself and you need to trust yourself.ā€ Iā€™m not sure if that has any relevance to you, but thatā€™s definitely what Iā€™m feeling :laughing:

Learning to trust myself and that these experiences arenā€™t ones that Iā€™m making up has been a game-changer in my divination experience, so for this discussion, weā€™re going to practice our intuition!

:star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star:

What to do?

I have created a sigil that you will see hidden below (youā€™ll have to click a little button that says ā€œShow the Sigilā€ to see it). This sigil is made with an affirmation and your exercise this discussion is to try and figure out intuitively what it means. This affirmation is not complicated, I promise!

:flower_playing_cards: Look at the sigil below.
:flower_playing_cards: Practice any sort of grounding meditation or focusing exercises. I like to use a standard tree visualization for grounding and a simple focus meditation.
:flower_playing_cards: Write about the words, symbols, images, feelings, etc. that you get from this symbol!
:flower_playing_cards: Try not to let the answers of others influence your thoughts. This can be hard, for sure, so maybe answer for yourself before reading the answers of others.
:flower_playing_cards: Feel free to come back daily and reassess your thoughts and feelings. Do they still match up? Have they changed?

Some tips for practicing your intuition

:heart: Donā€™t try too hard! When we focus really hard, we end up focusing on focusing rather than focusing on our goal.

:heart: Practice! Try multiple times and see if your feelings or thoughts change. If not, you might be on to something! If they do, thatā€™s okay! Youā€™re learning!

:heart: Listen to yourself. What is the first thing you think of when you see the sigil? What do you feel? Learning to trust yourself means taking a leap of faith in small situations like this where itā€™s okay to be wrong. Growing more confident in yourself is the first step!

Hereā€™s the Sigil!

The sigil has been updated! The original sigil used an online tool to create it, but that didnā€™t connect well with a lot of people. So I created a new one, one I drew myself. Hopefully you connect better with this one. The meaning hasnā€™t changed!

This sigil was created using Sigil Engine and is made to be entirely obscure. Remember, focus your intuition on the feeling you get from this sigil, not necessarily the color or shape itself. Click below to ā€œShow the Sigilā€.

Show the Sigil

New to Divination Discussion?

How does it work?

• Every two weeks, starting on Thursday, Iā€™ll be posting a new hypothetical divination question.
    For anyone that doesnā€™t have a divination method or wants to make it a little more challenging, Iā€™ll have another option available for you.

• During the week, use whichever method you feel comfortable with to answer the question. Sometimes having a divination method wonā€™t even be necessary.Draw as many cards, throw as many bones, or pull as many runes as you need. Any spread you think will work is okay to use that goes with the challenge.

• Write about it here in the comments and share any pictures you may have taken!

• Discuss your interpretation and the interpretations of others and help out where you can.

• Ask questions! If youā€™re not sure how to interpret something, please ask. Many of us have personal experience or other sources that we can share.

Whatā€™s the purpose?

When we are learning a new method of divination or just practicing, it can be hard to get good practice without actually doing anything. Practicing this way with a hypothetical situation gives you an idea of questions that might be asked and it gives you practice in how to respond if youā€™re reading for someone else.

Guidelines

Anyone can participate ā€“ from new beginners to seasoned readers alike ā€“ to benefit from this discussion. To make sure weā€™re all on the same page, Iā€™ve got some guidelines for everyone to follow to make this a place of safe and constructive discussion.

1. Any divination method is okay - use what youā€™re okay with.

2. This challenge will run from Thursday of one week to the end of day Wednesday the following week.

3. If you do not want feedback on your interpretation or reading style, please say so. The purpose of this challenge is to learn and discuss with everyone else.

4. Please use trigger warnings if your interpretation involves any mention of the following.

Trigger Warning Words (click me)
  • rape
  • abuse
  • violence
  • self-harm
  • other sensitive materials

To hide words, phrases, or content in your writing, highlight it, click the gear button up top in the formatting, and select either Hide Details or Blur Spoiler

Be sure to get your interpretations in before Wednesday, March 31st!

Usually, there arenā€™t necessarily wrong answers. However, for this particular discussion, the sigil does have a specific meaning. Use this time to practice your focus, your meditation, and see if you can pinpoint some keywords for this sigil!

Need more information on different divination methods? Check out these sources.

:crystal_ball: Cromniomancy, Capnomancy & Other Little-Known Divination Methods
:crystal_ball: How to Use Dice for Divination
:crystal_ball: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Fortelling the Future
:crystal_ball: Tasseography: Tea Leaf Divination
:crystal_ball: Fortune Telling with Regular Cards
:crystal_ball: Whole Tarot Video Course
:crystal_ball: Talk Tarot with Me at Round the Cauldron

9 Likes

Just as a first impression I thought of chaos & getting from point A to point B. So I am going to come back to it after I do a short meditation.

I had another tarot reading done & it basically came down toā€¦ trust myself & I know what Iā€™m doing, I just have to trust myself & learn from past experiences. So since you had that reading for me I have been working on myself & realizing a lot of things that have been & currently are going on. I have made my decision & now itā€™s just putting it into action.

6 Likes

My first look I see coming through a struggle or difficult time/decision, indicating Strength either to make it through or from making it through.
Iā€™m going to focus on it more.

7 Likes

My first impression is chaos and urgency, and it feels like a kick in the butt for me to do the Shadow work to move on and focus on the present. Been having a hard time with Shadow work.

7 Likes

When I was about 8 or 10, my dad handed me a pair of plyers, showed me how to hold them and said, " Find me a new well". I hadnā€™t walked more than 20 feet and the plyers took a sudden downward dip and pointed to where I was standing. Well, my dad and brothers started to dig and shortly they foundā€“>Water!

8 Likes

@Garnet Thatā€™s a great story and a good example of trusting yourself!

This one is a challenging one, @MeganB! To me, the sigil shows aggresiveness, perhaps control or struggle.

Now Iā€™m really curious to see what it was!

5 Likes

Oh boy oh boy- I LOVE this! :heart_eyes: Such a valuable skill to build on and strengthen. Thanks for this one, @MeganB! :raised_hands:

Intuitive Sigil Interpretation:

:black_circle: The black background with almost glowing red lines makes me think of darkness, death, bloodlust, and the Underworld.
:arrow_up_down: The line looks like it has a clear start point and then a very wild and crazy journey- with lots of doubling back and going in circles. This makes me think of struggles, anxiety, and fear.
:railway_track: However, the start and stop points have distance between them- so despite the wild and chaotic journey, some progress was able to be made.

Looking at the sigil overall, my intuition points me towards the meanings of: anxiety, the struggles of life, a complicated journey, and small but powerful successes

5 Likes

@BryWisteriaā€¦ those are where my thoughts about it are going. It looks like they were stable & starting their path, then it got a little crazy with anxiety, fear, chaotic & then it evened out & they got where they were going safely.

That is what I feel when I look at it.

I used to trust myself so much more then my anxiety & panic got away from me & I never know anymore. Or thatā€™s how it feels, I desperately want to get back to where I could trust myself. Iā€™m getting better slowly, but itā€™s the work on the anxiety that helps with that.

@Garnet that is an amazing story! Great job!

4 Likes

Oh boy :sweat_smile: Iā€™m definitely going to redo the sigil because everyone is way off base and I think itā€™s through no fault of your own. Sigil Engine, though helpful sometimes, can create sigils that look chaotic because of the way the sigils are designed. Let me make a new one and put it here :rofl:

4 Likes

UPDATE

A new sigil has been created! Please re-check the original post for the new sigil.

5 Likes

I like that we are all way off base, but coming up with similar meanings. So maybe, the sigil doesnā€™t know what itā€™s doingā€¦ LOL :rofl:

The new one I feel like itā€™s going from one side to the other. Almost like looking into a pond of water at your reflection where everything is mirrored.

5 Likes

Iā€™m seeing a financial intention here, namely getting your incomes and expenses in balance. Or could be that the ā€œcurrencyā€ here is energy, maybe emotional energy. Shielding yourselves from the lability of the external.

6 Likes

Cheers @Susurrus- I am loving how everyone got the same vibe, even if the sigil had other meanings in mind :laughing:

Ohhhhh I think thatā€™s a great reading, @CelestiaMoon! I can definitely see money signs in the symbol :moneybag: :+1:

Looking at the new sigil, it seems this one is heading in a much clearer one-way direction. It seems like things start slow, and then speed up (:arrow_double_down: ) to continue forward. It also looks a bit like a sunrise :sunrise:. I can also see $$$ which makes me think of financial prosperity- like a money spell!

All in all, Iā€™d interpret this one as an enhancement for new or beginning monetary funds, with the goal of increasing them in a one-way direction.

Thanks for the fun challenge, @MeganB! :heart:

7 Likes

Youā€™re all on the same page, but not quite there :heart:

It is a positive sigil but has nothing to do with money :moneybag: or finances.

Keep trying :heart:

6 Likes

I see Spirit coming from above, connecting with the groud or the Earth, creating a protective layer.

6 Likes

The sigil interprets to me is: Iā€™m having surgery to remove breast implants which are recalled d/t causing tumors. They were put in after breast cancer and the weight is heavy right now on my heart and soul. I would go for a total explant but not ready mentally at this time. Prayers appreciated, surgery this morning at 9:45 am. Blessing to all my new friends!

6 Likes

Jypsy, Love :heart: & Light
Mines are dense whatever that means I got to go back to the doctor! Prayers of encouragement and strength & blessings!
May the Lord and Lady give you everything you need to get through this storm!
Blessed be
Jeannie

5 Likes

Thank you so much Jeannie. Make sure you get back to the doctor for peace of mind and staying healthy.
Blessed be!

5 Likes

Megan
I liked this challenge first off because it was easy for me to interpret the idea in my minds eye. At first I was thinking it would be to hard. Honestly, it helped me see that even I could look introspectively. Anyway I enjoyed my sigil! And I had fun. I was going to post my sigil but I didnā€™t think that would be a good idea.
Thank you :blush:
Jeannie

5 Likes

If you are comfortable sharing your sigil you are very welcome to share it in the forums, Jeannie! I would love to see it :blush:

5 Likes