How to Use Dice for Divination 🎲

This is my personal method of doing a dice divination. I was inspired by @Roxanne’s thread about dice. I developed it while playing Generala (Spanish version of Yahtzee) so that’s why I use five 6-sided dice.

It’s very easy to get quick insight without any specialized tools for divination.

This is the chart of divination meanings I use:

• 1: Self & Present
  • 2: Relationships & People
  • 3: Work & Efforts
  • 4: Obstacles & Challenges
  • 5: Decisions & Opportunities
  • 6: Goals & Success

Then I make the connections between the dice and the question. Here’s a sample session:

Using Dice for Divination

As you can see, I group the dice by numbers and I read them from smaller to larger. Other patterns I typically see are: odds/evens, number sequences, missing numbers or empty slots.

While this divination method can be used for a Yes/No question (as in a pendulum reading or a simple Tarot spread), I prefer to use them for open-ended questions.

The questions in the video were picked up from comments on a different video about Tarot. These are the questions:

What’s in it for me in the near future? What do I need to know right now? How do other people see me? Why am I in this situation?

19 Likes

I love it! I’m going to be giving this a try today :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thanks! Yes, I find it really useful for a quick reading or when I don’t have any other divination tools at hand. The technique is similar to reading anything else (Tarot, pendulum, etc), it’s a tool to explore your psyche and work out your intuition.

7 Likes

Thank you for this, I guess now I need a new set of dice!! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you for this thorough and straightforward guide to dice divination, @Francisco! :game_die: While I have tried a few forms of divination in the past, it’s always so exciting to learn about new ways to peer into the future and have our deepest questions come to light! :candle:

It is particularly interesting to see how different divination practices are used around the world! The online Harvard school HarvardX currently has a fascinating (and free!) course called Omens, Oracles, and Prophecies. The course is self-paced, and is a wonderful introduction to various divination practices throughout history and around the world!

There is an introduction to the more commonly known methods such as tarot card readings :flower_playing_cards: and crystal ball readings :crystal_ball:, but the course also introduces lesser known methods such as Turkish tea leaf readings :coffee:, Roman Augury readings :bird:, and even the ancient practice of Haruspex :sheep:.

Best wishes to everyone practicing divination- may the future you see be clear and bright! :blush: :sparkles:

8 Likes

Travel Witch
Thanks for sharing, I am enrolled in the class for the EdX Harvard they have a app I use on my phone. We’re talking about the Babylonians and how they used divination. They looked up to the sun god and would sacrifice animals. Something I never knew about. Really good learning tool.
Blessed be
Jeannie

6 Likes

That’s so exciting you’re taking the class, @Jeannie1! It was a real eye-opener for me about traditional and historic methods of divination, many that I had never even heard of before! :star_struck:

Some of the methods they talk about make good additions or enhancements to modern divination (tea leaf reading, bird divination, predictions through using books, dice readings, etc.) while others (such as the ones that involve sacrifices) may be better to be left in history :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I agree- it’s a great tool for learning about divination! :books: I hope you enjoy the class too- have fun! :raised_hands: :crystal_ball:

6 Likes

this video and exercise is nice and i am excited to try it. there are so many ways to seek answers its almost hard to believe that they all work. have you have good readings with your dice?

4 Likes

@Jeannie1
What courses are you taking at EdX Harvard ?
Garnet

4 Likes

This is a cool post TBH

5 Likes