Divination Discussion đź”® Focus on You

Awesome job to everyone that participated in last week’s Divination Discussion :sparkling_heart:

YAY! Thank you all for participating!

@Amethyst dipped their toes into the world of reading for another person with tarot!
@Limeberry tried out some bibliomancy using a beautiful book!
@praecog29 showed that reading who was boss and gave a beautiful interpretation with tarot!
@BryWisteria pulled three tarot cards – one for each of Career Sally’s questions!
@Susurrus got their feet wet reading tarot for another person and posted a funny meme :rofl:

It seems like everyone pretty much came to the same agreement – Career Sally needs to ditch her old job and find something she loves to do. Great job, everyone, for taking part in the first ever Divination Discussion! You all did wonderfully and it was nice to read how everyone else interpreted their divination methods!

:star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star:

Ready for the new discussion?

This week, we’re doing something a bit different. Instead of focusing on someone else, we’re going to focus on ourselves! Grab your favorite divination method and get ready!

:star: If using tarot, flip through the cards passively. Look at them, but not actively. Let your eyes go out of focus, or even close, and then choose the card that calls out to you.

:star: If using another method of divination, shuffle them up and pick one that calls out to you. The way you do this will depend on the divination tool you choose.

:star: Want an extra challenge? Grab a tarot deck and a pendulum. Fan the cards out, close your eyes, and focus. When you open them, gently sway the pendulum over the deck to choose the card for you!

:star: Don’t have a divination method handy? You can use this site to pull a random tarot card. Close your eyes, breathe, and then click the button!

:star: Got your reading ready? Now interpret it for yourself. How does it make you feel? What are some keywords associated with it? Does it apply in your life right now? If not, what do you feel that it means?

:star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star:

New to Divination Discussion?

How does it work?

• Each week, starting on Thursday, I’ll be posting a new hypothetical divination question.
    For anyone that doesn’t have a divination method or wants to make it a little more challenging, I’ll have another option available for you.

• During the week, use whichever method you feel comfortable with to answer the question. Draw as many cards, throw as many bones, or pull as many runes as you need. Any spread you think will work is okay to use that goes with the challenge.

• Write about it here in the comments and share any pictures you may have taken!

• Discuss your interpretation and the interpretations of others and help out where you can.

• Ask questions! If you’re not sure how to interpret something, please ask. Many of us have personal experience or other sources that we can share.

What’s the purpose?

When we are learning a new method of divination or just practicing, it can be hard to get good practice without actually doing anything. Practicing this way with a hypothetical situation gives you an idea of questions that might be asked and it gives you practice in how to respond if you’re reading for someone else.

Guidelines

Anyone can participate – from new beginners to seasoned readers alike – to benefit from this discussion. To make sure we’re all on the same page, I’ve got some guidelines for everyone to follow to make this a place of safe and constructive discussion.

1. Any divination method is okay - use what you’re okay with.

2. This challenge will run from Thursday of one week to the end of day Wednesday the following week.

3. If you do not want feedback on your interpretation or reading style, please say so. The purpose of this challenge is to learn and discuss with everyone else.

4. Please use trigger warnings if your interpretation involves any mention of the following.

Trigger Warning Words (click me)
  • rape
  • abuse
  • violence
  • self-harm
  • other sensitive materials

To hide words, phrases, or content in your writing, highlight it, click the gear button up top in the formatting, and select either Hide Details or Blur Spoiler

Be sure to get your interpretations in before Wednesday, November 4th!

Remember, there aren’t necessarily wrong answers. Divination is often very personal and that’s why interpretations are fun and good practice!

Need more information on different divination methods? Check out these sources.

:crystal_ball: Cromniomancy, Capnomancy & Other Little-Known Divination Methods
:crystal_ball: How to Use Dice for Divination
:crystal_ball: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Fortelling the Future
:crystal_ball: Tasseography: Tea Leaf Divination
:crystal_ball: Fortune Telling with Regular Cards
:crystal_ball: Whole Tarot Video Course
:crystal_ball: Talk Tarot with Me at Round the Cauldron

8 Likes

@MeganB thank you so much for these discussions, I love being able to learn with a guided practice. I think I am going to use the pendulum to choose my card today. I have a few things to do so I can set them up, but I can’t wait to dive in to this discussion.

5 Likes

I’m not exactly sure how this works. Loved this website! I have been using regular playing cards. But, just got my first deck of tarot cards. I was super stoked! I cleansed them and I’m ready to start reading :slight_smile:

6 Likes

A new challenge, cool! I’m gonna wait till Saturday to do this, get my blue moon/new year mojo going! :jack_o_lantern:

4 Likes

I pulled out my favorite deck of tarot and used my favorite pendulum. I fanned out the cards and it seemed like the pendulum was just staying over the first card I looked at so I moved my hand and it swung back towards the same card. I pulled the card and it was the 9 of Wands.

The 9 of wands is Determination, Resilience, The Last Defense, A Final Push, Excitement for What’s to Come, Finding Motivation in the Face of Difficulties. I read this to mean, “Don’t give up now and remember how far I’ve come. This last hurdle is just that, and then the excitement of success!”

That’s how I feel about the hearing yesterday and waiting for the decision! I can do this and keep up the good work. Everything is going to work out for my highest good. I may do a repeat of this exercise in a couple of days. I like this challenge!

5 Likes

Hi @amy10 :hugs: The purpose of the Divination Discussion is to flex our muscles :muscle: and our brains :brain: for the purpose of learning a divination method. This week’s discussion is focusing on you. You already pulled a card, so that’s great! Now your job is to interpret it for yourself. Here are a few questions you can ask yourself about the card and your life.

:sparkles: How does this card make you feel?
:sparkles: What are some keywords associated with it?
:sparkles: Does it apply in your life right now?
:sparkles: Intuitively, what do you think the card means?
:sparkles: What are the symbols in the card that you’re drawn to?

These questions can help you figure out why you pulled this card for yourself and how it applies to your day, week, or even a specific situation you’re experiencing!

That sounds like a great idea! :crescent_moon:

That sounds perfect! I love how you were able to connect it back with something that you’re going through. Great job! :hugs:

5 Likes

@MeganB thank you! I think I may use this type for myself maybe daily or weekly. I really enjoyed doing this one. I’m still working on 3 card draws for myself when I can do it too.

I have another pendulum, but I still have to cleanse it and get to know it. My first one is made with chakra crystals and the dowsing part is a quartz crystal. I adore it. The new one is brass. I have it on my selenite wand right now until I can do the cleansing with sage.

4 Likes

Im definitely going to get in on this one, this week. I think Ill do it Friday. Saturday is going to be busy for me, having a little party with just my hubby and our daughters, since Covid took yet another event away, and our cases are going up here in SC again… :mask:
Thanks @MeganB for giving us this opportunity to :muscle:t2:
Blessed Be,

5 Likes

More divination practice time- hooray! :partying_face: This weekend is going to be a be hectic, but early next week I’ll set aside some time to do a special me-time reading :grin: Maybe I’ll try a new spread of tarot cards! :star_struck:

Thanks for organizing this, @MeganB- I’m really looking forward to it! :two_hearts:

4 Likes

That sounds like the beginning of a beautiful daily tarot practice :flower_playing_cards:

You’re very welcome :hugs: I can’t wait to see what you come up with!

That’s awesome! I :heart: new tarot spreads :star_struck: Can’t wait to see it!

4 Likes

Using the pendulum with my daughter was a lot of fun. She likes to help me sometimes with spells or rituals that I may do. It kind of depends on what else or who else is at the house when I am doing them. I know that she wants to use the pendulum again today with me. I think I am going to have her tell me what the question is and I will ask because it didn’t work as well when she used it. I think it’s just in tune with my energy. I may get her a pendulum of her own and just keep it in my room so nothing happens to it. I told her we could use one of her necklaces today if she really wants to do it herself.

4 Likes

It could definitely be that it is in tune with your energy. It could also be because it is hard for a child to stay still long enough for the pendulum to really…focus? I guess is the right word lol

4 Likes

I figured it was one of those. I’m going to have her use one of her necklaces for now & get her a pendulum for a present during Yule.

4 Likes

That’s perfect! I hope you share pictures of what you get her for Yule :snowflake:

4 Likes

Okay, it’s the morning of Samhain so I pulled my cards for this today. I pulled an Oracle card and a tarot card using my pendulum. Here’s what I got:

For the oracle I used my Goddess Guidance Oracle by Dorreen Virtue. I pulled Dana, the High Priestess, with the saying:

“ You have Divine Knowledge that can help others through your spiritual teaching.”

So what I’m getting from that, is that in the coming year, I should be more open to sharing what I know. Well, this is the place to do it. I should also strive to learn more because I don’t feel quilified to teach anyone really. I help sure but I’m not sure how helpful I am. I need to get more confidense and trust myself more.

Now for the tarot cards, I used the Robin Wood Tarot. I love that deck, even though it’s an older one. It’s got great art and the book for it is so insightful.

The card I drew? The Devil.

Ack.
What I get from is card is that

I’m being chained to my imperfections by my own bad habits. Sloth and gluttony mainly. I need to let go of my old patterns and embrace new ones if I’m going to be happy in the coming year.

What the book says: This card means greed. Bondage to desire, lust, avarice, appetite, gluttony, excess, etc. The opposite of the Temperance card; the Seeker is unwilling to settle for less than everything, and it’s really hurting them, and holding them back. This is a “clear warning” card. It says as plainly as possible that the Seeker needs to change their attitudes, and let go, or be seriously hurt.

So I think I read that right without looking at the book. Not a good card but a good warning I guess. I need to let go of some bad habits and start new ones.

All in all, I need to gain some confidence in the upcoming year, and eat and be more healthy. Break some bad habits.

Hope y’all liked my little foray into divination this Saturday! Blesed Samhain and Happy Halloween!

4 Likes

I decided to roll out the dice :game_die: and give them a try today. I’m having a little difficulty tapping into my intuition and piecing together the answers to my questions :grey_question: though. Any help is welcomed!

1. What is my energy being directed towards?

2. Is there an area in my day to day routine that I should be paying more attention to?

3. What message do I need to review today?

I noticed that the numbers 1 and 5 were in every roll. I didn’t have a single 6 so to me that tells me that perhaps I need to figure out what my goals are? What do I want to succeed at?
In the 2nd and 3rd, I had a double sequence pattern… 1223 and 3445.

4 Likes

@Amethyst Great job with the interpretation! For the first part, I think you’re already doing that, sharing knowledge and helping others. The second part seems to be a lot more personal but I think you’re on the right track.

@janelle Here’s what I see:

1. Lots of ones and a two: Foundations, Home and household, Yourself and your Family.

2. I see an almost perfect sequence with an emphasis on the twos. Growth, Relationships, maybe a partnership of some sort.

3. Like you mentioned, again a sequence, this time with an emphasis on the fours. Twos and fours represent stability, foundations, like the four legs of the table. Not having a 6 could be that no goal can be attained without that solid groundwork.

4 Likes

Thanks, @Francisco! I try to help when I’m on the forum. I think I’m on the right track with the second part too, I just don’t wanna, even though I know it’s good for me. LOL.

5 Likes

Okay Mine is a bit funny, but accurate in some regard.
Using my Tattoo Tarot Deck, I did a simple one card pull with the question “What do you have to tell me today?”
My deck showed me the Queen of Cups, which mentions a Blonde or fair haired woman…I had dyed my hair blonde the night before. :rofl:
The traits it mentions I strive for, and believe them to be true. This very day of the reading I had given my son some advice in a financial situation, and later he called to tell me that he received a call from a state office…this was a Saturday so that came off a bit odd…but that his financial situation would be improving in 2 weeks.
I dyed my hair to spark a change in myself, and something I had never done was dye my hair blonde…Intentionally. Lol!

4 Likes

:man_facepalming:t3: I got the devil reversed. This is from one of my travel decks. (I have a tarot deck in each car.) I always get the devil from this deck. :joy: To be fair, I might have to bless the car and the deck…

I need to give up relationships that have been binding me - people and things in this life that are holding my back from my fullest potential.

For kicks, here is my Samhain reading. From left to right, they are past, present future. From top to bottom they are goal, present, and actions to reach goal. I also drew an oracle card to clarify things.

The one card reading and the Samhain reading paint a pretty clear picture. I am in a period of letting go, going it alone, and trusting The Lady and my inner light to guide me. I have relied on events, people, and things for far too long and I am being held back from the impossible by holding to these.

On October 28th, Happiness In Your Life posted the following quote from Doe Zantamata. (Her books are exactly what I needed as I have been recovering.)

Maybe you don’t have to push yourself forward. Maybe you just have to stop holding yourself back.

I think the cards are telling me they agree with this sentiment.

5 Likes