How To Create Your Own Spells

Social media and the internet…what a world we live in! Anything accessible to us with a click of the mouse! And so…many…spells! WOW! And, we also have an endless supply of books!

With that all said, I still see people asking for spells in just about every witch group I am in.

I will tell you this, if you are starting out new to witchcraft, books and the internet can either be your best friend or your worst enemy. It can be overwhelming to say the least. Slow and steady wins the race. Take your time. Learn, absorb, and grow. You will forever be learning.

Scenario: You go to a witch group and ask, “Where do I start? What is right? What is wrong? How do I do this? How do I do that?” And you are met with 10,000 answers from everyone; and then the arguing begins because everyone thinks THEIR way is the RIGHT way.

I will tell you this, there is only one right way…and it’s YOUR way. Don’t get me wrong you can certainly ask for advice, ask for guidance, but know this, what you feel in YOUR heart and soul …what you feel in your gut, that should be the way you roll. Does it feel right? Do it. Does it feel wrong? Let it go and find something else.

Will I be more successful if I use items in my spell work? Yes and no, you CAN be more successful if you align certain things, such as moon phases, timing, herbs or crystals to aid you in raising your vibration, giving you more focus, and giving you “more energy”. But …yes, there is a but-- haha !

BUT the true magick comes from inside you. If you’re doing a spell for protection and you keep thinking about the load of laundry you need to do, all the herbs, timing and crystals are not going to do a damn thing for you. Our spells are only as strong and energized as our intent. THAT is the base for every spell. YOUR INTENT. The rocks, the herbs and all these “fancy” things will not be the life force of your spellwork. YOU are the life force.

I like to reference spells in my books, and trusted websites and then take a bit of this and a bit of that to make it my own. Spells written out by our own hand, our own heart, our own soul, are so much more powerful and successful than any spell we could pluck off the internet.

Each herb, crystal, oil, candle color, sigil, tool or whatever else you decide to use carries magickal properties to aid in our spellwork. But our head needs to be present. We can use the aforementioned to help us, but it won’t carry out the spellwork if we don’t keep our minds focused on the intention and the job at hand.

So, let’s begin to come up with a simple spell and some wording for an anti-anxiety spell. It doesn’t have to be fancy. It doesn’t have to rhyme, although I like that because it tends to be easier for me to remember…I do jot down all my workings in my Book of Shadows though for future references.

Remember - always cleanse your items prior to use! You want a clean energy slate! You can see how to do that here. Also, make sure you are grounded and have good “head space” to begin your spell-workings. Don’t be thinking about the kids or the spouse not taking out the garbage. Focus on your spell. Focus on right now, the present moment.

Let’s do a Jar Spell …so obviously you will need a jar, some herbs or crystals or a combination of them and a white candle to seal the jar once done. White is associated with peace and purity. So a white candle it is!

Since this is for anti-anxiety, I’ll choose crystal chips of Jasper, Amethyst, Clear Quartz and Rose Quartz.

What we know: Jasper is to aid with courage when faced with unpleasant tasks, Amethyst is healing energy for emotional issues, helps with calming the nervous system and can aid in grounding, Clear Quartz is to amplify magickal workings, and Rose Quartz is for peace, emotional balance, and aids in stress reduction and love.

We are off to a great start with those!

Next let’s think about adding some herbs, we can use, black salt for protection, chamomile for love, purification, peace and tranquility, lavender for relaxing, peace, clarity, love and purification, sage to help amplify intention, and rosemary to help drive away negativity!

Oh yes! Can’t you feel this coming together?!

Now it’s time to construct our jar. Adding each ingredient as you see fit. Want to add the black salt first? Go for it! Want to add the crystals first? Go for it! Whatever calls to you, run with it!

As we add each ingredient think about what it represents. What is the meaning behind each ingredient and what are the intentions for this spell.

The intent is to ward off anxiety. To be calm and at peace. So let’s think of some easy words to seal the deal on the this jar! Remember, it doesn’t have to be long and fancy!

Once your jar is construction get the cap and close it…light your white candle and drip the wax over the cap to seal it.

As the candle wax seals the jar you can say: "Nervous anxiety you are dead. May the items in this jar soothe my head. Bring me your calming peace, anxiety thoughts you will now cease. So, it is said, so it shall be!"

Once the jar has enough wax on it, allow it to cool to seal those intentions.

Meditate on this moment. Think of those powerful words you used.

Think of those items emanating a white glowing light which will embrace you with a powerful protection bubble. Keeping you safe and sound.

Once you are done, snuff out the candle…and then congratulate yourself for creating your own spell!

BAM! You just did magick!

This jar can be kept on your desk, on your nightstand, in your car…where ever you feel it can be a reminder to you that you are safe, and anxiety cannot hurt you.

12 Likes

You’re absolutely right! Research and take your time! So many people are ipatient in general. Anyway, I use a bit of different things from different spells and see what works for me. Thank you for your post, @SilverBear it’s very clear. :pray::slight_smile:

5 Likes

@walter this might help with your moon phase questions! We’re so lucky to have @SilverBear, she has barrels of awesome knowledge and advice to follow! Good luck!

8 Likes

@Abs53 Thank you for the advice

6 Likes

Amazing read @SilverBear! It’s very clear and concise about the spellwork and how to make it your own. I believe I am going to write a spell for this week’s challenge. I have the means and time to research just what I will need for a road opener type of spell. Thank you for all of your posts!

6 Likes

You could really be an inspirational speaker, @SilverBear! :raised_hands: Reading this fills me with energy and confidence- I would pick one quote as my favorite, but there’s honestly so many things you summed up perfectly here! I’m bookmarking this to look back on later- it’s a great read :blush:

Thank you so much for sharing, @SilverBear! :heart:

3 Likes

Thank you for the kind words!

I was a health coach for a very long time. I still do some health coaching still, but not full time. I’ve read many, many books and took several classes on motivational speaking. :smiley:

6 Likes