Merry Meet Monday - Forum News! December 28th 🎆

Greetings and Merry Meet Monday to all!

:fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these events!

[ [ Moon Phase: Full Moon :full_moon: ] ]

Depending on your location, you will be blessed by the light of this moon phase tonight- Tuesday, December 29th

You can find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

Full-Moon-Magic-Spells-Witchcraft

The full moon is a celebrated time where the energy of the moon is at it’s most powerful. Now is a wonderful time to charge, cleanse, and absorb the potent energies of the moon. For inspiration, visit What to Do During the Full Moon :star_struck:

The December Full Moon is called The Cold Moon and is tied to the energy of Yule and the Winter Solstice. This is a wonderful time to work magic of rebirth and renewal- check out the Cold Moon Ritual and Spell for more information and ideas:

Full-Cold-Moon-Ritual-and-Spell-Magic-750x500

You can learn more about the unique meaning of each full moon in What’s in a Full Moon Name?

[ [ Group Ritual- New Year’s Eve :fireworks: ] ]

Join in for an extra special shared group ritual on Thursday, December 31st - this activity is open to all members of the forum!

View the details and join in here: (Group Ritual - Dec 31) :star2: New Year’s Group Ritual

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit a previous ritual post to get an idea about what to expect :hugs:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

Some other non-witchy but interesting (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Of Goals and Intent :scroll:

This challenge will close Tuesday, January 5th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift: And as always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join in the challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge- Of Goals and Intent :scroll:

[ [ Divination Discussion :crystal_ball: ] ]

Ready to put your divination skills to the test? Hoping for feedback on your readings? Join in for this week’s Divination Discussion to gain new insights and experience different methods of divination :mag:

Ready to put your skills to the test? You can divine here: Divination Discussion :christmas_tree: Let’s get cheerful!

Be sure to get your entry in by the deadline: Wednesday, December 30th .

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! A reading period for the Spells8 book club is now in session !

You can find more details and are welcome to submit your book in the current thread: :open_book: Spells8 Book Club III (Dec 18 - Jan 15)

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, January 15th!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.AQ and Introduction.

Happy Reading!

New Members :wave:

A very warm welcome and merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week:

@ida, @kalina, @katy, @michelle19, @crystal13, @boy1, @melissa11, @zoeyyy, @carolyn2, @kimberly20, @cordarius, @danyell, @taylor11, @Lawpupk9, @heather24, @dqavius3, @konchok1, @joseph3, @sian1, @tanyeal, @vanessa3, @lurrisa, @jacquelyn1, @happiesunshine, @kerri2, @nicole20, @melrah1, @aaron, @renee4, @vincent1, @taquayla, @james6, @mariam1, @stephanie22, @nasx, @sheri, @michelle20, @reza, @jessica39, @sarah22, @amber18, @allison5, @alissa-maya, @kendrick, @jenna3, @emily13, @ida1, @chelsea8, @migeria, @tania1, @pamela9

If you haven’t done so already, feel free to go to Introductions and create your first post. Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family!

Special Shout Outs :mega:

• A hearty congrats to @praecog29 for liking the most posts in the forum :heart: The kindness and joy you spread are appreciated- we are blessed by your warm heart and generous spirit! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

• Very well done to @Susurrus, on a three-week-streak of sharing the most posts in the forum :writing_hand: Your thoughtful comments and lovely crafts are always a delight to see- thank you for sharing inspiration! :sparkles:

After a four-week streak at the top of the likes pedestal, @praecog29 will receive a special title and badge for their wonderful contributions to the forums- woohoo! :confetti_ball::two_hearts:

Note : The likes and posts of those who have won the MMM badge will be counted towards the weekly tally again after a two month rest period.

And I can’t forget a very hearty thank you to all members of the Spells8 coven! Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world- you are all wonderful :sparkles:

The holiday season is in full swing, and we will enter a new year blessed by the light of the Full Cold Moon- what exciting things are waiting for you in the coming days? :full_moon::partying_face:

Give a shout to your fellow coven members and share what’s on your mind in the comments below!

Turn the calendar page and leave this year behind- may the coming days be a time of rebirth and new blessings for you and those you hold dear

Happy New Year and Blessed Be! :fireworks::sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

Congrats to @praecog29 and @Susurrus for spreading the joy once again this week. You’re doing really well guys!

I’ve got to work on my Spells8 projects today. I ended up hibernating on Christmas and I’ve been too busy cleaning this weekend to do anything. So that and updating my new calendar is on my mind today. They’re going to be ripping out the sheetrock and plumbing in the building, fixing it up new, and then putting back new sheetrock in starting next Monday so this week will be spent getting things straightened up in my apartment.

They’ll be in my apartment with me out of it for four to eight hours sometime this month, not sure when. That’s going to be fun for me and the cat.

So I’m getting ready for that this week, and getting ready for the New Year. Hope everyone is having a good week planned out. :hugs:

5 Likes

Thank you @BryWisteria for the shoutout & thank you to @Amethyst! I love being in the forum to see what people are up to and to learn from others.

I finished making my Yule charms to send out to my friends. I really hope they like them.

I’m going to try to get back to reading, I have been so busy this week with my family and the holiday that I haven’t found the time. I did manage to clean up my space and now I want to charge my crystals under the full moon. I did get an Epidote necklace with the stone wrapped in brass. It looks really nice & I got some agate slices that have different colors infused in them.

This week I’m hoping to work on my craft a little bit more than I have. I know that I have made the Yule charms and made some simmer pots, but I want to focus on some other things this week.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

6 Likes

OOh, you’ll have to take a picture for us! Tonight should be a good night to charge your crystals. Good luck!

6 Likes

Thank you! I just went out back & I’m drying off the table that I put them on. It’s just getting them all out there that is the problem lol. Between jewelry, trees, & stones there’s a lot.

4 Likes

You could always just charge what you’re planning to use that month. I don’t have access to even a window sill so I charge with a selenite plate. If I went and put things outside here, someone would steal them.

3 Likes

Look at you go, @Amethyst- best of luck with cleaning up and updating the calendar! :+1: Sorry to hear about the construction and renovation- what is it about winter that makes everyone want to build? The last few weeks up to the holidays have been non-stop construction in the streets out front and behind my place too. I would have thought that the frozen winter grounds are the worst time to be digging, but alas! They are out there in full force building away :building_construction::woman_shrugging:

Hopefully the construction there isn’t too intrusive and you (and your kitty! :cat2:) can have your peace, quiet, and privacy again very soon :blush:

You’ve been on a roll lately, @Susurrus! The shout out is well deserved- thanks for all that you share!

And well done with all the crafts- I am sure your friends will love the Yule charms :blush: The necklace sounds absolutely gorgeous- enjoy the full moon charging! :full_moon::sparkles:

Good luck with everything- hope the week is off to a good start! :+1:

4 Likes

I think they need the jobs, at least here in the States they do right now. I don’t mind getting new plumbing and getting the holes in my ceiling fixed, but I hate the thought of being away from home an entire day. That’ll be fun.

2 Likes

The week is off to a pretty good start. I got all kinds of things done yesterday. Today I made some elderberry syrup & I posted the recipe I used in the forum (Elderberry Syrup) I hope everyone likes it, seems like a good thing to have with the winter really settling in lately.

I’m still feeling good. Last week was definitely a soul-cleansing week for me and I am in a much better place now.

4 Likes

This sounds Great!!! Where can i find Elderberries?

4 Likes

Thank you for the love, @BryWisteria. Spells8 is a wonderful safe space on the internet and I am proud to be a part of it.

Tonight is the full moon :full_moon: - :candle: candle magic is on tap. Tomorrow night I am seeing a close friend because we won’t be able to be together for New Year’s Eve. New Year’s Eve is going to be far more quiet here than normal due to the pandemic. :man_shrugging:t3: We still have a friend coming over and we’re planning on some good food and games while watching the performances on TV and the ball drop. :tada: I also plan on catching Australia’s fireworks :fireworks: show live via YouTube.

Thank you for the recipe, @Susurrus. I am glad you got a good start to your week.

I am sorry you will be out of a place for a day, @Amethyst, but it sounds like it will be worth it when it is done. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You’re welcome! I have some of the syrup in my fridge now. Today I have been pretty productive despite the hand pain.

I’m going to be putting my crystals out tonight, I cleaned off the table that is on my porch yesterday. It’s just getting them all out there that is the hard part. I’m sure that I can recruit my daughter to help me out.

I think it is going to be just us for New Year’s this year, which doesn’t bother me at all. I will probably be in bed before midnight anyway, or at the very least in my room.

4 Likes

I’m so glad you’re feeling better @Susurrus! That’s great!

3 Likes

Yeah, but it’s going to be frustrating until I get a hang of what’s going on. I don’t like it when I’m not sure what’s happening. Makes me unsettled. Thanks for the encouragement though!

3 Likes

@brad1 I get my Elderberries from Amazon. They are dried and organic. They can be quite spendy though. I have made a fine tincture with some of mine which I have yet to make into syrup.

5 Likes

Getting rdy to do some witchyness when my company goes to bed and a 5 card pentacle spread for my son. Whew been a very busy day. All of my oils are ready to be charged under the full moon tonight.

4 Likes

Oh ok Thank You.

4 Likes

I see, @Amethyst- I hope they can fix everything up nice for you! I imagine it will be good to have those things taken care of. But yes, tough to be away for a day. Hopefully you have somewhere nice or interesting to spend the time? And hopefully someplace warm! :two_hearts:

I saw your Elderberry syrup, @Susurrus! It looks amazing- always a healthy and delicious treat :yum::purple_heart: I’m glad to hear the week is off to a good start and you are feeling good!

I think I can speak for the forums and say we are proud to have you here too- you are truly a blessing, @praecog29! :heart: Enjoy the beautiful Full Moon :full_moon: and the firework show- it sounds exciting! :fireworks:

Thanks to @Magdelina for the elderberry tip- and look at that stunning spread! Such a gorgeous setup- I hope you had a lovely ritual and were able to charge your oils :two_hearts:

Adding to CrazyT’s great pointer, for @brad1 I also suggest Mountain Rose Herbs or checking with your local apothecary/tea shop as they may have elderberries in stock or perhaps can order some for you! :+1:

Glad to hear that everyone is doing well! :blush: Things are busy with both work and New Year’s prep at my place- keeping me on my toes! I’ve got my cinnamon ready for the NYE ritual tomorrow and I’m considering a bath ritual as well to cleanse for the new year. I just need to find the time! :bathtub::laughing:

Is everyone ready to welcome in 2021? :partying_face:

5 Likes

I’m gonna either sit in the lobby or the community room. That is unless I have a doctor’s appointment. So I won’t be too far if they finish up early.

Are you doing something special for New Year’s? I probably will go to bed at my regular time. I’m just not up to staying up late anymore. Good luck getting everything you need to be done! I’m so ready for 2021 it’s not even funny!

4 Likes

I think I am going to do a ritual shower for cleansing on NYE and the intention releasing spell from @SilverBear. I have written down my intentions and I’m hoping they work out. I’m going to buy some more cinnamon sticks and some oranges and lemons for another simmer pot tomorrow when I can get to the store. Like @BryWisteria I just need to find the time, so hopefully, I wake up early to get these things done.

5 Likes