Merry Meet Monday - Forum News! March 1 🌷

Wishing everyone a very Merry Meet Monday ! :sparkles:

Here’s a peek at events and forum news this week.

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these events!

[ [ Group Ritual- Together with the Coven :handshake:] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual and tea meditation on Thursday, March 4th - this activity is open to all members of the forum! :coffee:

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect, and look for an announcement on the main page of the forum for details about this week’s group ritual :hugs:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a question on your mind? The lovely @MeganB is kindly offering free readings for coven members via tarot or pendulum.

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, March 5th . You can find more information and get an idea about what to expect in last week’s post.

[ [ Moon Phase: Last Quarter Moon :last_quarter_moon: ] ]

Depending on your location, you will be blessed by the light of this moon phase on Friday, Match 5th.

You can find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

Last-Quarter-Moon-Phase-Spells

The last quarter moon is a time of rest and the banishment of negative energies or forces in your life.

For more information about Moon Magick and specific spells recommended for the last quarter moon, visit the guide Moon Magic: Spells for Every Lunar Phase: Last Quarter and the Waning Moon Magick Guide. :last_quarter_moon:

Waning-Moon-Magick-Ritual-Ideas-750x500

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

Some other non-witchy but interesting (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week:

Look ahead at more upcoming events in the Spells8 2021 Pagan Holiday and Wiccan Calendar :spiral_calendar:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These are current activities that can be joined any time before their deadlines

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Your Magickal Roots :footprints:

This challenge will close Tuesday, March 2nd at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift: And as always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join in the challenge here: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Your Magickal Roots :footprints:

[ [ Divination Discussion :crystal_ball: ] ]

Ready to put your divination skills to the test? Hoping for feedback on your readings?

Join in for this week’s Divination Discussion to gain new insights and experience different methods of divination :mag:

Ready to put your skills to the test? You can divine here: Divination Discussion :crystal_ball: A Fork in the Road

Be sure to get your entry in by the deadline: Wednesday, March 4th !

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

The Energy Exchange Circle is run by the warmhearted @praecog29 and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Circle 2021 Wiki .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! A reading period for the Spells8 book club is now in session !

You can find more details and are welcome to submit your book in the current thread: :open_book: Spells8 Book Club V (Feb 26 - Mar 26)

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, March 26th!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading!

[ [ Raffle for a Good Cause :ballot_box: ] ]

To support those suffering from the natural disaster and harsh conditions in Texas, @MeganB has kindly organized a raffle.

Those who donate to the cause will be entered- and the prize is a gorgeous creation made by Megan herself! :sparkling_heart:

You learn more and enter the raffle by visiting Raffle for Texas Mutual Aid. Please know that the raffle will close on Monday, March 8th!

New Members :wave:

A very warm welcome and merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week:

@tonya5, @Kenjerich, @hanna1, @taylor14, @alicia9, @emma14, @sheri1, @marie9, @kelly9, @lauren10, @tempest, @laila2, @angel4, @charlie2, @kylee, @elena4, @lisa28, @lauren11, @leann1, @christi, @jennifer44, @marlin, @cindy5, @shaianne, @jodie1, @annette3, @marcy1, @faith3, @amanda31, @tracy9, @QuartzGemini526, @ania, @barbara3, @lain, @haley2, @natasha9, @ScShaniqua, @alexus, @david4, @jessie, @teena, @channing.marie, @kathryn8, @diane, @cecilia, @sarajane, @natalie6, @coco1, @jamila, @ashley26, @lisa29, @maximilian, @odmaa, @kyana-michelle, @michelle23, @kayla9, @kim4, @jacob2, @jamie13, @wendy9, @dawn9, @alana, @chrissy2, @emily19, @nicole23, @stephanie27, @kenzie, @sofia5, @jaci, @kenna, @hope1, @judas, @nelly

If you haven’t done so already, feel free to go to Introductions and create your first post. Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :mega:

• A double dose of love to @Susurrus for writing the most posts and sharing the most likes over the past week! :writing_hand: :heart: You are full of both wisdom and love- thank you so much for sharing your talents and kindness with the forum family! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

And of course a very hearty thank you to all members of the Spells8 coven! Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world- you are all wonderful :sparkles:

Do you have any fun plans for the week ahead- magickal or mundane? :sparkles:

Give a shout to your fellow coven members and share what’s on your mind in the comments below!

March rolls in with wild weather, a tangle between winter’s end and spring’s fresh start- enjoy this bountiful energy in the air!

Blessed be :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

Congratulations @Susurrus! You go, girl!

Hope everyone is having a lovely Monday! I’m up early because it was too warm in my apartment. Not used to that. I had to get up early to go to the doctor anyhow. I’ve got an appointment with my leg doctor today and my long-awaited heart doctor appointment on Thursday.

I’m going to try to get out and get my hair cut this Wednesday. I hate going in but I hate having long hair even more so I’ve got to do it. Not like I can send Sally, my Helper, in with this one. LOL.

Other than that, I’ve not got much else going on this week. Just getting ready for another apartment inspection next week, which will be fun doing that around sanding down the sheetrock they’ve been putting up. They say they aren’t going to be looking at the plumbing mess, just around it so that’s okay. I did well on the last inspection and I didn’t have a Helper then so I’m not too worried, it’s just my normal paranoia picking up.

Hope everyone has a good week! Just 19 days until the Equinox! Whoo!

5 Likes

Thank you! I guess getting back to my practice meant hanging out here for a while to do so. I don’t mind, I find myself here more than on other social media as of late though.

I am going to have to do deal with the insurance lady at the PT/OT place that I go to. I am supposed to start that this month after needing to cancel last month due to insurance issues. So this is when they are supposed to be all straightened out & I should be all set to start for the month.

I’m up early, because that’s what my body does to me. Surprises me every morning with what time I am going to be up for the day. I regular sleep cycle would be nice.

I spent a good portion of yesterday being witchy in my space. I didn’t get to everything I wanted but I did get most of my crystals under the full moon last night with the help of my daughter. We put them in a shopping bag & she carried it out for me and helped me spread them on the table. It felt good to get them out there. I should have made some moon water. I am running low, but now that I am reconnecting it’s also time to catch up with what I let slide.

My right hand is a menace lately. I can’t move it in any position. Any slight movement & it hurts. So typing is harder than it used to be, even those movements hurt. So I’m looking forward to the PT & OT to start. I just hope that my insurance issues are straightened out. I wound up with Medicare & Medicaid so I don’t need the supplemental insurance that I have been trying to cancel since January. I finally had to call Medicare and have them remove me from the plan after sending in paperwork to cancel the insurance, making phone calls, fax, mail, you name it. Supposedly they filed grievances because it wasn’t done. I don’t know what is going on with it now. But I will find out later this morning.

I hope everyone has a great week. I will be in & out of the forum & around if anyone needs me.

Thank you everyone for you support over the weekend.

5 Likes

Sounds like your hand is hurting from dealing with all the red tape! I hope it all works out for you hon, I know you need your PT/OT. I’m glad your daughter helped you get your crystals out, I know you were worried about them. Plus it’s good that you and Peanut get to do something together. She’ll remember these days fondly once she’s grown up. You’re being a great Mom.

Glad to have helped you this weekend, love! And I’m glad you’re feeling more connected.

5 Likes

My daughter needs to stop growing! She’s wearing one of my tank tops under a sweater! This is her birthday month, my little Pisces & she fits it perfectly. Today after she is done with her schoolwork we are going to take care of horses that she absolutely loves. The owner is away on a business trip and her husband works full time so we are helping out. I can’t wait to meet them. I have always loved horses and wanted to ride. I’m just happy I get to meet them today.

I’m hoping to get the insurance thing taken care of today. I don’t want to have to cancel again because this pain in my hand is awful. I can’t even hold a plate with that hand.

I’m so happy to be connected, I just put the crystals back on my altar from last night. I’m going to use the black tourmaline and carry the pouch of Amethyst, Tiger Eye, and Black Tourmaline today. Peanut likes to help me with these things. I remember when she wanted her own crystals but she wanted them to make people around her happy. She’s a love.

5 Likes

Merry Meet Monday!
My weekend was good, both productive and witchy.
The best mix!:grin:
This week I’m looking forward to a missing package to appear, it’s been lost in transit since the 19th of Feb.
I also plan on organizing my BOS, BOM, and the stack of Misc notebooks on my desk.
Ordered a home gym and it arrived last Fri so this week I’m beginning workouts with my daughter’s. :weight_lifting_man:
It’s the Hyfit system if anyone wants to see it.
@Amethyst good vibes sent for your Dr appt.
@Susurrus Peanut is such a sweet girl, kudos to Momma! Glad your PT/OT is on track now.
Sending you white light energy for your troubling hand today and I’m so glad you’re getting reconnected here, I know the happiness that brings.
Hope everyone has a great week!
Blessed Be :two_hearts:

5 Likes

Congratulations to you, @Susurrus :heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::hugs:

5 Likes

Thank you! & I just got confirmation that my insurance is all set & I can go through with PT & OT this month. Oh, that’s such a relief!

I’m happy to be reconnected. I’m getting ready to activate my black tourmaline while I have the house to myself. I appreciate everyone for their support & for making me feel like I matter.

5 Likes

Tell Peanut to have a happy early birthday from me!

Thank you, love! One of the ulcers on my leg has almost disappeared and scabbed over! HUZZAH! LOL.

4 Likes

Congrats on the good news for your health / health needs, @Susurrus and @Amethyst!

Also, congrats, krissie on getting more likes than me. :open_mouth: Challenge accepted. :rofl: In all seriousness, thank you for being so loving to all of us. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Maybe I missed it, but don’t forget @MeganB’s Raffle for Texas Mutual Aid . It’s for a good cause and it ends March 8th.

4 Likes

Thank you & that’s great @Amethyst! I’m happy for you!

4 Likes

Thanks so much, @praecog29 and @Susurrus! I’m excited! I might be able to give up the wraps on one leg soon.

5 Likes

@Amethyst that would be wonderful! I hope that happens for you soon!

5 Likes

It sounds like a busy week (and next week too!), @Amethyst! Wishing you the best of luck with the appointments and inspection. It’s a lot happening at once, but sometimes a whirlwind of activity passes by quicker than expected. May you have a nice and relaxing time at the end of it all! :blush::+1:

And yes, gosh- Ostara will be here before we know it! :tulip::rabbit:

Congrats again to you, @Susurrus- on the shout-out and also on the good news from the insurance! Wishing your daughter a happy bday- it sounds like good things are coming your way :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

May your missing package find its way to you, @Rowan- have you seen @berta’s gorgeous Shipping Package Prayer? It helped me with a few packages a while back! :package: :grin:

Sounds like you have a lot of excitement going on- may you have a very blessed week, Tamera!

Thank you for mentioning the raffle, @praecog29! I think you are absolutely right- it’s a great addition to the News post and I’m sorry I missed it! I’ve gone ahead and added it in now :blush: :+1:

I hope everyone’s week has been going well so far! Blessed be :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Me too! Especially since without the special Unna boot base, my other wrappings are slipping down.

I’m hoping it goes by quickly! I’m really fortunate to have a helper now so that there’s less stress on me.

5 Likes

Oh that’s right you have a helper. So that must make it a bit easier. Which reminds me that I finally have medicaid and am eligible for a helper too! I will bring it up on Thursday at my appointment.

I hope you continue to heal well this week!

5 Likes

Good luck with your meeting on Thursday! It may take you a while to get your helper but it’s worth it! My life is so much easier without dragging out trash or dragging in groceries. I hope you get one!

Thanks for the healing vibes too, love! I appreciate them!

5 Likes

I lit a white candle for the people in the coven that need positivity and light today. I based it on the Energy Exchange circle.

6 Likes

Thank you! That’s a good idea! :candle: I think I’ll do the same.

6 Likes

Woohoo!!
@berta thank thank thank you!
After saying your Prayer for Shipped Packages
and I did a meditation last night while in the shower where I envisioned the package and imagined it finding it’s way to my door, I’m happy to report that my missing package is enroute to me!!! Also notice the 3’s…

Blessed Be Witches,

6 Likes