Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Dec 13 🌕

Merry Meet !

Here is your weekly update about exciting happenings in both the forum and the witchy world at large this week:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these events!

[ [ Celestial Event: Meteor Shower :comet: ] ]

The Geminid Meteor Shower is a glorious display that will peak tonight- Monday, December 13th and into tomorrow night . However, it is likely that you will be able to catch meteors on clear nights during the following days as well!

You can find out more about the meteor shower including Ways-to-Watch tips in the Earthsky article All you need to know: Geminid Meteor Shower :comet:

Not sure how to celebrate? Here are some ideas for Meteor Shower Rituals.

Meteor-Shower-Ritual-Ideas

For more astrological updates and news, check out the amazing @Abs53’s Astrological Forecast for this week! :star2:

[ [ Group Ritual : Together with Your Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat on Thursday, December 16th - this activity is open to all members of the forum :tea:

Spells8 Group Meditation Ritual

• The group meditation ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day

• If you’d like, there is a scheduled hour-long live Zoom chat to do the ritual as a group as well as meet and greet fellow coven members

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual post to get an idea about what to expect.

Please note that group rituals are hosted in A Sacred Space - you must be logged into your Spells8 account to enter the ritual.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking:

Now is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot or oracle! :crystal_ball:

Picture from Pexels

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, December 17th . For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out last week’s Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Moon Phase : Full Moon :full_moon: ] ]

A beautiful full moon will bless the skies above on Sunday, December 19th . The exact time of peak illumination will depend on your location.

Full-Cold-Moon-Ritual-and-Spell-Magic-360x240

The full moon of December is called the Full Cold Moon :full_moon: and is the name given to the full moon closest to the Winter Solstice in the Northern Hemisphere. This is a moon of both reflection and communication- a time for peace, joy, and seasonal celebrations :evergreen_tree:

Explore a special moon ritual and learn more about this moon on the Spells8 Full Cold Moon Ritual Page .

Full-Moon-Magic-Spells-Witchcraft

While each moon has its own unique qualities, every full moon is a celebrated time where the energy of the moon is at its most powerful. Now is a wonderful time to charge, cleanse, and absorb the potent energies of the moon.

For additional full moon inspiration, visit What to Do During the Full Moon :full_moon_with_face:

You can find the current moon phase for your location as well as a daily lunar spell on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Holiday Heads Up! :eyes:] ]

Not this week but next, get ready for the next Sabbat on Tuesday, December 21st .

Those in the Northern Hemisphere will experience both the winter Sabbat Yule :christmas_tree: and the Winter Solstice :sun_with_face: .

Yule-Solitary-Celebration-Ritual-Spells8-800x530

Friends in the Southern Hemisphere will enjoy the celebration of Litha :sunflower: and the Summer Solstice :sun_with_face: .

Litha-Video-Sabbat-Celebration-Ritual-360x240

Look for more information on these exciting holidays as well as celebration suggestions in next week’s Merry Meet Monday!

You can also explore the Wheel of the Year to learn more about the 8 Pagan Sabbats :wheel_of_dharma:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

:spiral_calendar: For more upcoming pagan events, you can check the 2021 Pagan Holiday Calendar, the list of Magical Days for Your Planner , and the Spells8 Email Newsletter

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

Join these current activities any time before their deadlines

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Freedom in Forgivess :busts_in_silhouette:

Witchy Challenge Freedom in Forgiveness

This challenge will close Tuesday, December 14th at 7:00 AM EST (Eastern Standard Time)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift: And as always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join the challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - Freedom in Forgiveness :busts_in_silhouette:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

The Energy Exchange Circle is run by the warmhearted @praecog29 and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki - 2021 .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The next reading period for the Spells8 book club has now begun!

You can find more details and submit your book to read in the current thread: :open_book: Spells8 Book Club XII (Dec 10 - Jan 7)

Spells8 Book Club

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, January 7th .

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@jem1, @lara3, @gerliebeth1, @amy45, @valencia1, @natalie12, @bonnie7, @chelsea17, @jaime5, @jessica79, @kimberly48, @sheree, @WarriorWitch, @erica14, @stephanie42, @WinterSkyWitch, @nicole36, @angel11, @jerry1, @summer5, @sasha3, @Luiseach, @CrashaNova, @amber39, @sarah43, @shawn, @teresa5, @michelle37, @dylan3, @allyn, @dawn16, @amneris, @ileana, @jaquan, @LadyAuld.ofChico, @alinnah, @stacy7, @sophia2, @taylor21, @darcy, @Torista, @charlene1, @melissa26, @lola1, @michelle38, @crystal30, @inor, @Shantily, @eli1, @antonela, @ryan2, @taylor22, @lexi2, @veronica7, @griselda

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

• A round of applause to @Jessica72 for sharing the most posts in the forum over the last seven days! :writing_hand: Your wisdom, insights, and encouragement are a blessing for us all :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

• Lots of love back to @Garnet for giving out the most hearts in the forum over the past week! :heart: Thank you for filling the forum with so much love and kindness! :hugs:

Note : Those who have received shout-outs for four weeks in a row are awarded the MMM badge . They will not be counted in shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

And of course, wishing a very hearty thank you to all members of the Spells8 coven :infinite_roots:.

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being here! :sparkles:

1530329_4gKDZnoG
Blessing from Blog Talk Radio: Witches Next Door

Any fun spellwork on the agenda for the Full Cold Moon this week? :full_moon: Will you be doing anything for the upcoming Sabbat, or prefer to take it easy this holiday season? :christmas_tree:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below!

Blessed be! :full_moon: :sparkles:

12 Likes

Congratulations @jessica72 & @Garnet! Thank you ladies for all you share within the coven :infinite_roots: :partying_face:

I’m pretty sure that it’s a quiet week finally for me. As far as I know, though, next week is busy starting the 21st for multiple reasons until about the 27th. Today I’m kind of taking my time & dealing with my anxiety as it comes up with meditations. 3 so far today. This time of year is always a tough one for me anyway. I think I stress myself out thinking of ways to make it less stressful :joy:

I have some things I do want to get done this week at the very least. I have to make some more incense for the Morrigan & Brighid. I have to go through my witchy box & the pile of papers on top of it.

I’m watching the weather as far as what I will put out to cleanse or charge things. Probably my moon water will go out there, my black tourmaline runes, tarot & oracle cards. The crystals that I use in meditations & spells. I have a lot of them in Selenite bowls or on selenite slabs & wands. My crystal wand… that will go out. It’s just if it’s raining or going to, I won’t put them out there… actually… I could still put them in the greenhouse… it would reflect the light of the full moon as it went over my backyard! :partying_face:

That’s about all I can think of right now, I’m sure I will have some kind of ritual or spellwork that I will do, I’m just not sure of that part right now. :rofl:

7 Likes

Thank you for maintaining these even while traveling, @BryWisteria!

Like many people this week, I’m busy preparing for travel. :luggage::seat::airplane: Next week I’ll be back in England/UK. :uk: (:heart_eyes:I can’t wait to see :ring: my fiancé again.:heart_eyes:) Barring any last minute challenges issued by her government this coming Sunday, I’ll be there for a few months. :partying_face:

Congrats to @Garnet and @jessica72!

Please be patient with yourself, @Susurrus. I know we all appreciate everything you do for our coven. Thank you for keeping the Brigid flame running, too.

7 Likes

Thank you @jessica72 @Garnet congratulations to both of you ladies for your wisdom, insights, encouragement, and the love you share with everyone.

7 Likes

Thank you Jessica for your contribution to the coven​:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::+1::+1:
Garnet- You are truly a blessing to me and thank you your love and support!
Jeannie
I am looking forward to the coven ritual this week! I am Going to focus on my daily devotions as well. I am doing some forgiveness right now through this challenge and has been really foreseeing I had a dream of my grandpa last night and he asked me if I wanted to have some pizza :pizza:. I thought that was interesting after I was writing about him I actually dreamed of him. I hope everybody has a good week and looking forward to seeing you in the energy exchange! I have some news :newspaper_roll: to inform you of this week! Some big changes happening!
Can’t wait to see you in ritual too!
Jeannie

7 Likes

Yay for @jessica72 and @Garnet! Way to go ladies! Thank you for being such an important part of the forum!

As for me, I’m pretty much ready for Yule. Got all my candles ready. I don’t have a log to fix up but that’s okay because I don’t have a drill either. Not that I’d let myself use power tools. LOL! No, I’m just using candles in their candleholders for Yule.

I’ve got my silver and gold candles ready for this weekend too. I’m looking forward to the Full Moon this weekend.

Other than that, I’ve not got much going on this week. Reading, as usual. I just got back from my only doctor appointment this week, it went well, thank Goddess. I have two more next Monday and we’ll see if that helps my leg heal up. Cross your fingers!

Hope you all have a good Monday!

7 Likes

How exciting!

8 Likes

@Amethyst, @Jeannie1, @debra2, @praecog29, @Susurrus, @Garnet and @BryWisteria

Thank you everyone!!! :blush: I am sorry if I have forgotten anyone. Thank you all for taking the time to listen to me and my prattle. I have been quite a chatter box lately. :rofl:

7 Likes

You’re not a chatterbox, you’re a lovely potential heart of the forum!

7 Likes

I don’t think I’ll be able to find a real log and I don’t have a driller, but I do have a Yule log decoration with three flame shaped lightbulbs. :grin:

7 Likes

Soooo… I took a nap this afternoon & my daughter woke me up at 3:30 PM to tell that she had to be at the school for their winter band concert at 5:45 PM. So that was a surprise! :rofl:

6 Likes

You didn’t prattle, you just needed some good listeners with no judgement.
We have plenty of those. Love ya
Garnet
You’re a good girl, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.

7 Likes

Yes we really do. I am more grateful than you can imagine for each and every one of the beautiful and kind people who take the time to care about each other and listen to one another in this group. I love you all xxx

6 Likes

@Susurrus It really is a stressful time of year with lots going on- keep on taking care of yourself, and I hope you can always find plenty of quiet time to relax and recover your energy! :heart:

@Praecog29 Woohoo Benjamin- I am so excited for you! :partying_face: The countdown is on (although I imagine you’ve been counting down to this adventure for quite a while!) and you’ll be with your beloved again before you know it. Wishing you a very safe and blessed flight and wishing both of you a very happy holiday season together! :two_hearts: :airplane: :sun_with_face:

@Jeannie1 That sounds like a happy moment shared with your grandpa- I’m glad you were able to reconnect with him in such a nice way :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :pizza: Ohhhh can’t wait to hear your big news! Hope all is going well for you and there are exciting and positive things coming your way, Jeannie! :heart_decoration:

@Amethyst I’m in the same boat- power tools are scary! :laughing: But it sounds like you don’t need to worry about a Yule Log, your Yule preparations sound lovely, Amethyst! :two_hearts: Wishing you a blessed Full Moon and a fun time with your reading- and good luck at the doctor’s appointments on Monday! :pray::blush:

@Jessica72 All the thanks goes to you, Jessica- you really are a blessing here! For all the beautiful spellwork you share, and also your bright bubbly and positive personality. Keep on being awesome! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Kasandra That sounds like a perfect Yule Log and a great way to avoid using power tools- a win-win situation there! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :+1:

I hope everyone’s week is off to a good start- wishing everyone a very happy and blessed Tuesday! One week to the Solstice! :sun_with_face: :tada:

7 Likes

Hi everyone and Merry Yule, can’t believe it’s less than a week away!

I’ve pretty much got my altar space sorted though I’m debating changing out the altar cloth and giving it a good dust down before next week.

Sorry I’ve not been very active on here recently, it’s been a slightly stressful few weeks.

Formally handed in my notice for my nice secure job to go self-employed as from April next year. To give them their credit my employers have wished me well but I am slightly terrified about it all. Taking deep breaths though and reminding myself why I’m doing this, to give me a better work life balance.

Still planning to move to Ireland next year though that’s been put back a few months giving the change in career path to give me time to make it work.

I’ve spent most of the week feeling absolutely awful with a virus. Not Covid, thankfully, but I’ve picked up some kind of stomach bug that’s left me with very little appetite. But had kick started my intended New Year weight loss and I’ve lost 6lb so I’m counting that as a silver lining :rofl:

And lastly, my hubby has been seeing someone else. We talked about opening things up and he’s found someone who is making him happy. I’ve struggled with it as I’m not naturally non-monogamous but I’m trying to separate my emotions from the logical side of my brain and seeing it as a positive thing. It’s been a difficult nearly 2 years with Covid and she’s bringing some joy into his life, which in turn is having a positive effect on us.

And this was not meant to turn into an essay…

6 Likes

Wow, you’ve had a lot going on @IrisW! I hope you get to feeling better. You’re a brave woman with changing your job and everything, I don’t know if I could do it all at once! If you need any help or just someone to cheer for you, let us know!

6 Likes

Wishing a very merry Yule to you too, @IrisW :purple_heart:

It sounds like you have a ton going on at the moment- congrats to you for the start of an exciting new adventure in your career life! Making the leap can be terrifying but know that you have taken back a huge amount of your own power- the possibilities are endless, and it is really rewarding to work for yourself :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: And sorry to hear you’ve got a bug- I hope it’s on its way out and you’ll be feeling all better very soon! :pray:

Wishing all the best to you with all the things going on in your life- take good care of yourself! :sparkles:

6 Likes

Nothing but old news here! To find out what’s happening this week, visit Activities to find the current Merry Meet Monday.