Merry Meet Monday - News for the Week! Oct 18 🏹

Wishing everyone a very Merry Meet Monday !

Here’s a peek at exciting happenings in both the forum and the witchy world at large this week:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these events!

[ [ Moon Phase: Full Moon :full_moon: ] ]

A beautiful full moon will bless the skies above on Wednesday, October 20th . The exact time of peak illumination will depend on your location.

Full-Hunter-Moon-Ritual-Spell

The full moon of September is called the Full Hunter’s Moon :bow_and_arrow: and celebrates the energy of this time of year. This moon is ideal for collection, preparation, and release of negative energy .

Explore a special moon ritual and learn more about this moon on the Spells8 Full Hunter’s Moon Ritual Page .

Full-Moon-Magic-Spells-Witchcraft

While each moon has its own unique qualities, every full moon is a celebrated time where the energy of the moon is at its most powerful. Now is a wonderful time to charge, cleanse, and absorb the potent energies of the moon.

For additional full moon inspiration, visit What to Do During the Full Moon :full_moon_with_face:

You can find the current moon phase for your location as well as a daily lunar spell on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Group Ritual- Together with Your Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat on Thursday, October 21st - this activity is open to all members of the forum :tea:

Art by Chloe.z.arts on Instagram

• The group meditation ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day

• If you’d like, there is a scheduled hour-long Zoom chat to do the ritual as a group as well as meet and greet fellow coven members

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual post to get an idea about what to expect. You can also view last week’s recorded meditation here: Group Ritual Video: October 14th.

Please note that group rituals are hosted in A Sacred Space - you must be logged into your Spells8 account to enter the ritual.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking:

Now is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot or oracle! :crystal_ball:

Picture from Pexels

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, October 22nd . For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out last week’s Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Holiday Heads Up! :eyes:] ]

Not this week but next, get ready for the next Sabbat on Sunday, October 31st .

Those in the Northern Hemisphere will experience the autumn Sabbat Samhain :skull: and the Witches’ New Year.

Witches-New-Year-Samhain

Friends in the Southern Hemisphere will enjoy the spring celebration of Beltane :blossom:

Beltane-Sabbat-Celebration-Wicca-Spells8

Look for more information on these exciting holidays as well as celebration suggestions in next week’s Merry Meet Monday!

You can also explore the Wheel of the Year to learn more about the 8 Pagan Sabbats :wheel_of_dharma:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

:spiral_calendar: For more upcoming pagan occasions, you can check the 2021 Pagan Holiday Calendar, the list of Magical Days for Your Planner , and the Spells8 Email Newsletter.

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These are current activities that can be joined any time before their deadlines

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Magickal Blessings :sparkles:

Weekly Challenge Magickal Blessings Spells8

This challenge will close Tuesday, October 19th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift: And as always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join the challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - A Magickal Blessing :sparkles:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

The Energy Exchange Circle is run by the warmhearted @praecog29 and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki - 2021 .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The next reading period for the Spells8 book club has now begun!

You can find more details and submit your book to read in the current thread: :open_book: Spells8 Book Club XI (Oct 1 - Oct 29)

Spells8 Book Club

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, October 29th .

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@justin1, @katelyn10, @brian3, @annika, @dawn14, @sabrina9, @coreena, @kerri3, @samantha48, @kenmeia, @lynette1, @coreenacoreena, @amy39, @heather40, @lisa38, @Abbygail, @jennifer63, @kate3, @jennifer64, @miranda6, @carissa3, @caitlyn1, @dana5, @yolanda3, @patricia12, @kimberly46, @shermaine, @drumill, @misty4, @monique6, @Elodie, @trysh, @patricia13, @desirae1, @alexus2, @Kristin7, @allyson, @alex5, @mystic, @jen4, @michelle34, @jessea, @diane2, @jessica72, @josee, @mardella, @courtney10, @ToniF5, @pauline1, @felicia4, @danielle23, @meaghan2, @jade6, @sarah40, @RhiannonBrigidSkye, @theresa7, @cailin, @april21, @sonny1, @michele8, @brandy5, @charletha, @katy1, @angela29, @brandi8, @nikkita, @CarlaE, @esadora

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

• Well done to the @TheMuslimWitch for sharing the most posts in the forum, on a two-week streak! :writing_hand: Your words and experiences are a blessing! :blush:

• Lots of love back to @IrisW for giving out the most hearts in the forum over the last seven days :heart: Your kindness and warmth are appreciated! :revolving_hearts:

Note : Those who have received shout-outs for four weeks in a row are awarded the MMM badge. They will not be counted in shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

And of course, wishing a very hearty thank you to all members of the Spells8 coven :infinite_roots:.

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world- thanks for being you! :sparkles:

Picture from Pixabay

Will you be practicing any magick for the Full Moon this week? :full_moon_with_face: Are your Sabbat plans in place? :tada:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below!

Blessed be! :full_moon: :bow_and_arrow:

14 Likes

Thank you @BryWisteria for mentioning me and also thank you for remembering us southern heminwitches and Beltane :blush:

11 Likes

Congratulations to @TheMuslimWitch & @IrisW! Great job! :confetti_ball:

I think in the past couple of months I have done enough evaluating of my life to last a lifetime really. So I will skip that day.

I’m so looking forward to the full moon :full_moon: . I have to check the weather tonight for then, but I have a table all ready to be set up on my back porch. I’m not sure what else I am going to do that evening after things are under the light doing their thing.

I did set up my altar with most of the items that I will need on Samhain. Originally I was going to be with a friend of mine, we had celebrated last year together, but have since decided that I want to be home this year for it. I just have to finish tidying up my space a little bit. I got a lot done over the weekend.

I actually don’t have any appointments or anything to go to this week. Very strange for me really, I’m so used to having something else to do at least 1 day during the week. I hope everyone has a great week! :infinite_roots:

11 Likes

Congratulations to @TheMuslimWitch. From another Aussie.
And congratulations to @IrisW.
I really have appreciated all the information that you have both taken the time to share. Thank you.
:purple_heart::purple_heart:

11 Likes

Congratulations to @TheMuslimWitch and @IrisW for sharing your time and talents with the community!

I’m not sure if I’ll be doing the Hunter’s Moon ritual or not, I’ve been working on negative self-talk for a while now and have pretty much got it beaten. I’ll have to think about it. I do like the ritual though, so I can do at least one or two statements. I’ll just have to dig for them, you know?

I’m looking forward to Samhain and getting ready for that. I’m excited to be celebrating with the coven for another year!

The time change is coming up soon here in the States. On one hand, I wish they’d pick one and stay that way, but on the other hand, it’s dark until 7:30 in the morning now and that’s just weird. I think I’m looking forward to it changing in a couple of weeks.

Hope everyone has a good week ahead!

11 Likes

Oh you’re right the time change is coming up & I believe it’s on my birthday this year. I feel the same way, I wake up & it’s so dark outside until just before my daughter leaves for school! It also puts a damper on the time it takes me to get out of bed. :joy:

10 Likes

I forgot your birthday is coming up. Is it the 7th of November? That’s when the time changes.

9 Likes

Hahaha yes! That’s the day! :birthday: 11/7 is my day of arrival to this lifetime. I’ve always thought it was neat that my birthday is exactly 7 days away from 10/31 so both days land on the same day of the week.

This year my husband & I are going to try to go away for the weekend. I hope it works out because so far any plans that I have made to go somewhere have been canceled due to circumstances beyond my control. It would be nice to get away a little bit though. It’s almost a stir-crazy feeling after everything that has gone on & changed this year.

10 Likes

Happy early birthday then! I hope you’re able to get away, even for just a night. That would make you relax and things go better. Good luck!

11 Likes

As always, I love the pictures you choose, @BryWisteria :+1:

As for the tea meditation, I may have to make all 3 of those recipes in the picture :grin: I need all the help I can get lol

And the best for last: shout outs to @TheMuslimWitch and @IrisW :relaxed::sparkling_heart::tada: I love you lovely ladies!!!

Everybody, have a blessed week!!!

13 Likes

Thank you!

I am definitely planning to do the Hunter’s Moon spell. Working on releasing negativity energy is very much a work in progress for me, and I could do with all the positivity I can muster at the moment. I’ll be doing the spell alongside my blessing for this week’s challenge.

I’ve been absolutely awful with finding the time for the group rituals the last few weeks and this week probably won’t be any better as I’m heading in to London for the afternoon. But I’ll try in the morning :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I’m having quite the Lazy Witch day. Complete with being wrapped up in a comforter on my back porch scrolling through Pinterest & adding to my boards. It’s very addicting. When my son woke up, he found me back there & was like… So Ma… what are you doing out here in a comforter? :rofl:

Also, it has dawned on me that while my boys know that I am into crystals, jars, herbs :herb: & have no problem bringing me their treasures to use. (My daughter also does, but she is a bit different with her curiosities) My boys, their curiosities drive them to see my Selenite Athame on my altar space & they have to pick it up. Sometimes to look at it, sometimes they pretend to “use” it… at any rate, some days it’s like they are magnetically attracted to it when we are in my room. Then they put it down & walkout.

It’s cute that they do this mainly with the Athame, but they will do it with crystals. They don’t directly ask me questions. I hear a lot about what their friend’s parents, grandparents, siblings think, do, or ask though. Kind of like… “Not me, it’s for a friend…”

One of my sons met a girl with crystals hanging from her rearview mirror & wore them as jewelry. I do this too, so at first, my son didn’t pay any mind to it. He said he stopped talking to her because she told him that she had “talked to her crystals about him & his energy & all were happy that she had started talking to him.” When I asked him why it was an issue, because I have crystals in my car & on my keychains & clearly like them too, he said it was because I take care of my crystals & use them & such, but I don’t have literal conversations with them. :joy: So I said right, but I do have your birth chart, so I have an idea of who you are & I can compare it to you. He answered that I’m his mom, so of course, I would know all that; he had just met her & it didn’t feel right. So I said, if something feels off to you, you need to do what’s in your best interest.

That was something fun I realized this morning. My oldest son was the Athame today & then my wooden Pentacle. My 2nd son & I had the girl conversation over the weekend. It’s also nice to know that they are very accepting of me & that they do pay attention. :heart:

11 Likes

Thank you @christina4 for the shout out :blush:

9 Likes

Thank you @Amethyst :blush:

8 Likes

Hard to believe that Samhain is almost here! :jack_o_lantern::skull: :bat: October is flying too fast for me!
I’m gonna take a drive this weekend to see the leaves (hopefully with this cold weather the leaves will finally start to change) and go pick out a pumpkin to carve. The smell of a freshly cut pumpkin is one of the best smells in the world! :orange_heart: Probably should trying wearing gloves this year since the juices tend to irritate my skin, but… I love it when my hands smell heavily of pumpkin! :rofl: I’ll then take all the seeds, sprinkle them with salt and roast them in the oven. Sadly, I finish them all in 1-2 days.

10 Likes

I love the smell too, and the smell of freshly fallen leaves hey @Abs53 is there a word for that smell? Lol

I just my kids to the farm to go apple and pumpkin picking… the best apples ever! :yum:
I can’t wait to carve those huge pumpkins! :grin:

7 Likes

You’re very welcome @TheMuslimWitch- it’s a well-deserved shout-out! Thanks for all that you do :heart: And of course, I know it’s tricky with the opposite holidays, but I try my best to remember for you wonderful folks in the Southern part of the globe! :earth_asia: :sparkles:

It sounds like you are all ready for the Sabbat, @Susurrus! And it looks like a relaxing week ahead- enjoy it! :blush: I’m glad you have some fun birthday plans, wishing you a happy birthday in advance! :birthday:

You’re very welcome, @jessica72- I’m so glad if you find the news post to be helpful! Have a blessed week :sparkling_heart:

Congrats to you for beating the negative talk, @Amethyst- you’re amazing! :raised_hands: And oh goodness I forgot about the time change- I’ll have to check to see when it is here in Poland. I know it’s close to but not the same date as in the USA. Goodness, it always catches me by surprise! :joy::mantelpiece_clock:

Thank you, @Christina4- I’m glad you enjoy the pictures! Especially that tea one- I know, I love it too. Amazing artwork! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Wishing you a blessed Full Moon ritual, @IrisW- banish that negativity energy! :raised_hands: And you are always welcome at the group ritual- no stress at all! They will be there for you when you find the time to join :blush:

Cheers to that, @Kasandra- where is October going so fast? :joy: That sounds like a lovely way to enjoy the season. Have fun craving your pumpkin- what will you carve it into? :jack_o_lantern:

Hope everyone’s week is off to a blessed start! :sparkles:

11 Likes

I’m gonna do the Hunter moon spell but I’m also in the midst of writing my very own spell as well. This is the first time I’ve ever fully attempted to write my own and weigh in consideration for things such as timing, deities etc. I usually just modify one I was inspired by but this one just feels like it has to be all mine so I’m giving it :100: because I will probably take a time out and do some R&R before mine and my daughters self initiation on Samhain.

9 Likes

That’s awesome, most of the time I do the same thing. I adjust a spell that I have found to suit what I am doing. I do it with rituals & recipes too. I do have those times as well, that it just feels like it’s something that completely needs to come from me. The first spell I wrote seemed like a lot to me, but others loved it. So I left it as it was. I have written a couple of others since then & I usually have trouble with the more ritual part of the spell.

I know it will be perfect for you & I hope the initiations go well also!

8 Likes

Thank you and it can be a little tricky remembering one’s own hemisphere let alone someone else’s so for that I raise my hat to you :tophat::blush:

9 Likes