Merry Meet Monday - Witchy News of the Week! (May 22 - 28) 🌓

Merry Meet!

Welcome to your weekly update about what’s happening in both the forum and the witchy world at large :newspaper_roll:

Scroll down to read the news for this week :eyes:

Please remember that in order to view events, activities, and posts hosted in A Sacred Space and the Energy Exchange categories, you must be logged into your active Spells8 account.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these upcoming events and occasions!

[ [ Group Ritual :infinite_roots: ] ]

Beltane 2023

Thursday, May 25

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat- this activity is open to all active coven members :tea: The ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day.

Group rituals are held on Thursday in A Sacred Space and remain open over the weekend. This week’s ritual post will appear in the forum on Tuesday, but until then feel free to check out last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

[ [ Freebie Friday - Free Readings :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Freebie Friday - 360x240

Friday, May 26

Have a question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking: This is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot and oracle cards! :crystal_ball:

Free readings are held in the Energy Exchange Category every Friday. As we wait for this week’s reading session to begin, you can check out the previous Freebie Friday to get an idea of what to expect :tada:

[ [ Group Healing Session :handshake: ] ]

EEC Group Healing Session

Friday, May 26 at 1:00 PM EST

Join a group healing circle to support those who are passing through hard times this month. Microphones and cameras will be turned off during this one-hour open space, and coven members are welcome to come and go as they please. This is the first of two live healing sessions this month.

You can visit the EEC discussion: Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: May 2023

For more information about the Energy Exchange Circle, please see the section below in Ongoing Activities or visit the Energy Exchange Category of the forum.

[ [ Moon Phase: First Quarter Moon :first_quarter_moon: ] ]

First-Quarter-Moon-Spells

Saturday, May 27

This week we will be blessed by the light of the First Quarter Moon. The exact time you will see this moon phase depends on your location :telescope:

As explored in the Spells8 Moon Magick Guide to First Quarter Moon Magick , this moon phase is an excellent time to take action regarding your deepest wishes and to address your biggest blockages. It is a great time for growth and self-healing :hugs:

Waxing-Moon-Spells-Rituals

This moon phase is part of the Waxing Cycle :arrow_double_up: For more information including history, meanings, and a collection of spells and rituals that work in harmony with this moon phase, check out the Waxing Moon Spell Page :first_quarter_moon:

Ready for More Moon Magick? Draw on the current moon’s energy with Tonight’s Lunar Spell- updated daily! :astrology_moon:

Do you like Astrology? Read your Horoscope! Horoscopes for the Week of May 22 - 28 :telescope:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

Other Events - MMM

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

Keep track of upcoming witchy and pagan holidays by downloading and printing your copy of the 2023 Pagan Holiday Calendar :spiral_calendar:

And for more witchy goodness (including freebies and spells!) delivered right to your email inbox, you can sign up for free to receive the Spells8 Email Newsletter :scroll:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These activities are open to enjoy whenever you’d like- feel free to participate anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

The current challenge theme is: Scrying :mirror:

Scrying Divination Crystal Ball Witch Challenge

Every week, the forum hosts a challenge exploring one specific area of magick. Challenges are open to everyone and you are warmly encouraged to participate in a way that reflects your unique magickal practice.

This challenge will remain open until Tuesday, May 23 at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time). After the challenge closes, a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here:

(A brand new challenge will launch on Wednesday in the public Activities Category!)

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The Spells8 book club is now in session !

spells8 book club

For more information about this session of Book Club and to submit your book, please head over to the current thread:

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, June 16 .

And if you haven’t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews from last session in the Reader’s Reviews thread: :memo: Spells8 Book Club XXVII - Readers’ Reviews

Happy Reading! :open_book:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

The Energy Exchange Circle is hosted in the Energy Exchange Category and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki .

This month’s Energy Exchange Circle will end on Wednesday, May 31 .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Your Daily Draw :tarot_card: ] ]

Daily Single Draws Tarot Oracle Rune

Looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the coven :pray:

To enjoy a daily message or to share your own, visit:

Please note that this divination discussion is housed in A Sacred Space and will remain open until Friday, June 30th.

[ [ Coven Member Birthdays :birthday: ] ]

Spells8 Coven Members Birthdays

Share the love by wishing your fellow coven members well on their special days! You can congratulate those with a birthday this month in the discussion:

If you wish to appear in this list, please set your birthday on your profile. Additionally, please note that the birthday list is housed in the more private A Sacred Space that is exclusive to coven members.

Please keep in mind that this month’s birthday discussion will close on Wednesday, May 31.

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle: Help tend the flame and visit the discussion in:

The Brigid Flametender discussion is hosted in A Sacred Space and will remain open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as you’d like.

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to the new members who joined the Spells8 Forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@michelle87 - @robert9 - @chelsea40 - @courtney34 - @tanafay - @michelle88 - @autumn19 - @erica28 - @nicole78 - @lola4 - @pattie - @daniela3 - @jenn6 - @heather24 - @candice11 - @cynthia31 - @dede - @jules03 - @simona - @miranda15 - @lauren34 - @amelie - @nicollette2 - @chasity1 - @angel33 - @stephanie66 - @jessika4 - @kelsey7 - @raven10 - @kaitlyn15 - @aaliyah2 - @nikki14 - @karyn - @malibu - @tiffany49 - @lori19 - @ryien - @TiffanyNA - @april38 - @patricia27 - @jessica149 - @current - @melissa2 - @grimoire - @renee14 - @johnathan

If you haven’t done so already, please jump in by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . You might share a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick, or simply say hello to your fellow magick-lovers :wave: :heart:

Wishing you a very warm welcome to the forum! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

Forum Activity

Each week, those who share the most posts and give the most hearts receive an Activity Shout-Out.

Shout-outs from this past week go to:

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Click here to learn more about Activity Shout Out Rewards

Anyone who earns a shout-out for three weeks in a row is awarded the special MMM badge (and will not be counted in Activity shout-outs again for a two-month rest period. This is simply to give others a chance to earn the badge too!) .

The legends who have won the MMM badge 5 times will no longer be counted- they have earned their place in the Forum Hall of Fame ! :trophy:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And Thank YOU! :index_pointing_at_the_viewer:

We’d also like to say a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and presence here help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being a part- Spells8 can’t exist without you! :hugs::sparkling_heart:

Blessed First Quarter Moon! :crescent_moon: Do you have any fun plans for the last full week of May? :bouquet:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below.

Blessed Be! :first_quarter_moon: :sparkles:

16 Likes

Thank you so much for the shout out @BryWisteria. :blush::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

11 Likes

You’re very welcome, @crystal59- the shout out is well deserved! Thank you so much for all the love you’ve been sharing :hugs::heart:

Hope you have a blessed week! :sparkles:

12 Likes

Congratulations @tracyS and @crystal59!

I have 2 grandchildren graduating from high school on Friday night. Where did the time go?

12 Likes

Time does seem to fly by when I look at my kids. 1 will be able the drive next year! :grimacing:

Well today is a holiday here so of course I will be doing some work :crazy_face: and also puttering around the house.

My back is acting up making my leg give out randomly- super fun. My 12 year old (yes he is 12 and I keep saying he is 13, but that actually happens in a few months. Lol) has been walking beside me to help catch me if that happens -super cute :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. I will be seeing my chiro and a massage therapist this week to help fix it as I don’t want to miss out on softball this year. I’m not ready to stop playing!

I hope everyone has a great week!!

11 Likes

Thank you @ostara that means allot and I know what you mean about children my son just turned twenty one on April 14 and even though I’m so proud it’s bittersweet because he grew up so fast in a flash and I just wish I could go back to when he was little and stay in that moment forever. :sparkles::sparkles::heartpulse:

8 Likes

Congratulations! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Well-deserved shout-outs to both of you! :clap: :sparkles:

I feel you on this one… I told my sister a few weeks ago that I don’t feel old enough to be in my 30s and I definitely don’t feel old enough to have a 10-year-old! :exploding_head: I’d like my time back, please! :sweat_smile: :clock1:

Oh, that’s no good! :people_hugging: I hope the chiro and massage therapist are able to make everything feel much better – and good on your son for being a great help to you! :revolving_hearts:

10 Likes

Congratulations :tada: @tracyS & @crystal59 :confetti_ball: it’s awesome to have you in the forum & contributing each day :hugs:

@Ostara… I completely feel you with that one too. I looked at my daughter & went… well how did that happen? Where is rewind?

@Phoenix_Rose I hope you get to rest a little! Rice pillows always help me… My kids do the same thing. My daughter has been “catching me” since she was 10. It’s not really catching, but she would tug on my clothes or lean up against me. I have similar issues with my back & SI joints. Feel better! I hope the chiro & massage help! :people_hugging:

I have my regular Wednesday morning appointment & my daughter has 1 tomorrow. At the moment I can’t remember past Wednesday if I have anything else. :rofl:

I’m hoping to continue my book for the book club & work on some more of my courses this week. We’ll see what the cards have in store for me. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

10 Likes

Yay for both of you! That’s so neat. Thanks for all you do for the forum!

@Ostara Congratulations on the graduation! That’s great!

Sorry, you’re having that kind of fun. Maybe go to a carnival instead? That sounds more enjoyable. LOL! Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Good luck with the appointments. Hopefully, you won’t be missing any on Thursday! LOL.

As for me, there is something in the air. Literally, I’ve been sneezing my head off. LOL. The Rhododendrons are blooming and they’re so pretty but make me sneeze so much! Oh well, I’ll live. It’s something I go through about this time every year.

Nothing much going on this week for me. No appointments or anything like that. Just sitting around the house, reading and writing, and having fun with Sally.

I hope everyone has a great week!

12 Likes

Thanks @Susurrus and @MeganB!

Bahahahahaha!!! LOVE your sense of humour!!

I do have a philosophy of -I can laugh or I can cry, I may as well laugh. :grin:

Honestly, I know I need to stretch and strength train to have longevity and mobility. I have asked my present and past self why I have not done so regularly-the response has invariably been ::thinking::grimacing::face_with_raised_eyebrow::flushed: and then :dotted_line_face: as my past self tries to hide from the question. Hopefully I’ll get my priorities straight before I can’t undo the damage. I think it may be time to cast a spell on myself to help me actually do the things I know I need to do!

10 Likes

Thank you, thank you! Remember to tip your mods! LOL!

Laughing about it makes life much easier to get through, that’s for sure. I hear ya on the stretch and train thing, I have physical therapy exercises I should do but they hurt and leave me off balance so I don’t do them. Maybe if I did them regularly I wouldn’t hurt so bad.

11 Likes

I’m gonna tell you the same thing I tell my daughter because she does this too :rofl: the more you do them, the easier they become!

12 Likes

Thank you @MeganB, @Susurrus and @Amethyst im super grateful to be apart of the forum it’s been such a wonderful experience having the opportunity to learn from so many experienced witches from all over the world.:sparkles: :cherry_blossom:

11 Likes

You’re very welcome @crystal59 :revolving_hearts: :sparkles: I’m glad you’ve been able to learn from everyone here!

11 Likes

Congratulations! :heart: :sparkles:

So sorry to hear that! I hope you’re able to find some relief soon. So sweet that your 12 year old has been helping though!

As for me, we’re in the middle of shifting our woodworking business to focus more on pets :dog: :cat: so I’m working on some new products, finishing up a rainbow bridge sign for a friend, and trying to align the business more with my values. It’s been a long time coming and after doing some shadow work/working on some childhood trauma, it’s exciting (and nerve-racking!) to pursue someone that really fits who I am.

Other than that, I’m trying to get all set to enjoy summer. Pulling out kids toys, getting our stock tank pool set, gardening, etc. :sun: :woman_farmer: It’s been an early start to the warm season for us, but I’m not complaining. It’s been so nice to have windows open all the time, going for early morning walks when everyone else is sleeping and eating outside.

I hope everyone has a wonderful + magickal week! :sparkles:

10 Likes

Congratulations :partying_face: and thank you :pray: so very much, @tracyS and @crystal59 for all you do, we are so blessed to have you both here! :hugs: :heart: :blush: :sparkling_heart:

@Ostara
Congratulations :partying_face: to your grandchildren on their upcoming graduations. :mirror_ball: :hugs: Time :mantelpiece_clock: just flies by, doesn’t it? So crazy! :heart:

I hope you feel better soon, @Phoenix_Rose Sending you healing :candle: and keeping you in my prayers :pray: :hugs: :heart:

I love :heart: your sense of humor :rofl: @Amethyst

I twisted my knee back in 2017, the doctor told me there wasn’t much they could do other than a knee replacement! I haven’t always had good experiences with doctors so I always search for a more natural approach. I started with physical therapy, used my own Essential Oil/THC/CBD blend on my knee, and I found a knee brace in my local health food store which really helped. I really didn’t want surgery, so I have done the exercises. Now 5 years later, if I forget to do the exercises or slack off and don’t do them… the pain returns!!! :grimacing:

Long story short: Do your exercises! Yes, it’s painful but it makes such a difference, for me anyway! When the pain is bad I do just a few several times a day. I also have a lot of issues with balance, I practice the tree pose, I’m not there yet but I keep trying, so maybe… someday!

Much love :heart: to you dear @Amethyst Keeping you in the Light :candle:

Wishing :stars: the best on your new adventure, @Aurora_Hestia

12 Likes

Thank you @marsha blessed to be here. :blush::cherry_blossom::cherry_blossom:

10 Likes

Merry Meet,
I’ve been gardening :woman_farmer:t2: quite a bit! I actually got a tan, and thought I would say hello! I am going to try some sorting tonight!
I see amethyst your doing physical therapy that is so good! I am glad you made that commitment to take good care of yourself.
Tracy you are pretty awsome you made a great contribution!
Crystal you share so much love :heart: love love!
May you all be so blessed this week
Jeannie

12 Likes

Thankyou for this. I’ve been dealing with the mundane all day :flushed:. Love it here, you’re all like family. Many blessings, looking forward to a magical night. :sparkling_heart:

11 Likes

Thankyou. , I can’t believe my youngest is 15. Want the little years back. It goes too fast.:sparkling_heart:

11 Likes