Ouija/spirit board who uses them?

Just out of curiousity who uses the spirit board for divination within the forum? Are there any tips and advice on safety using a board for communications? Any advice is greatly appreciated

Thanks

11 Likes

Good question, Trey! We were recently discussing this topic here: Seances/ouija board question?

This was my answer back then:

I personally never bought one, but I “played” with a homemade one when I was younger. I quickly lost interest. Right now I don’t have any relatives on the other side that I especially need to talk to, so I don’t engage with Ouija boards.

I know @john4 had some experiences using a spiritbox!

9 Likes

Thanks Francisco, I didnt think to search and see! I appreciate the response, me personally I prefer tarot

8 Likes

Hi Trey,

I have a Ouija, although I’ve never used it a bunch. They have always held a presence in my life since a kid. I do everything I can to secure the space, respect the energies, and thank and close it up after when I have used it. I rely more so on Tarot or the Pendulum also.
Love & Light

5 Likes

Great question, @Trey!

I mentioned Ouija boards in the Veil Between Worlds Challenge, but I can’t say I’ve ever used them myself.

I’ve heard so many spooky things or things going wrong when using the board that outweighed any potential benefits for me :grimacing: . Although to be fair, working with spirits and contacting the dead are not key parts of my practice :woman_shrugging: . Advice and tips on how best to use a Ouija board (and use it safely) would likely best come from someone who uses them a lot in their practice.

Good luck and let us know if you find any interesting Ouija tips or facts in your quest for knowledge, Trey! :grin:

6 Likes

I haven’t used one since I was younger. My cousin was pagan and we would use his in the basement where the kids area was, it was definitely interesting. I believe that because I was younger than him, that he moved the lens to freak me out. It worked one time that I remember, but that was the last time that I used it.

I would be interested to know more about it also. Right now I like using my pendulum and tarot cards. I feel connected to both.

7 Likes

From what I ve read and practiced the one time I used the board, always say good bye when done, never make fun of the entity, if the planchett starts a figure eight pattern say good bye and take the planchett off the board, have at least two people on the planchett, have a scribe write it all down. Never burn the board. If you want dispose of the board, bury it. Burning it traps unwanted spirits in our plane.
Use Pendulum or ghost box instead.

9 Likes

Thank you guys for the replies! They all help a ton!

7 Likes

My parents have been cleaning out their house, taking stuff to the Salvation Army. Lately, they’ve been arguing about getting rid of my dad’s Ouija board. My dad wants to keep it because it was a birthday gift. My mom, on the other hand, wants to get rid of it because she doesn’t want “a tool that can invite evil spirits into the house.”
I’ve used the board with my mom (despite her discomfort with them), but each time the planchette moved, I could tell it was actually her. And whenever, I’ve used it on my own, nothing happened.
I’ve been skeptical of Ouija boards since I’ve read about the ideomotor effect. But after reading and watching videos about people’s experiences with them, I’ve begun to have my doubts that the planchette’s movement is always the ideomotor effect. :fearful:
But no matter the cause, I still won’t use them in my practice. It’s best to let the dead Rest In Peace!

6 Likes

I have one, not for my working but for the fun. Like I have had read from others, ones you use it respectfully and ending the section properly, is a safe tool to use.
Things turns bad when people starts asking the wrong questions like: how I’m going to die? And the likes, or to evoke a Spirit.
While a ouija board is a tool for communication, to talk with passed away relatives or people, is NOT for all means the same tools used to invoke other entities. For that the magician needs certain preparations, knowledge and the tools to do so. Tools like the one here.

Triangle use for Goetia.

My ouija board.

6 Likes

If something is inviting evil spirits into the house, it’s not a wooden board with letters on it, it’s the person using it. Ward the home properly and it’ll be fine.

Anyway the ideomotor effect is actually a powerful subconscious tool and I definitely consider it modern-day witchcraft. Here’s an article about Ouija boards by Vox: How Ouija boards work. (Hint: It's not ghosts.) - Vox

7 Likes

People always have the misconception that Ouija boards are not safe. Well, Ouija stands for “yes” and it’s an oracle. This means that you can channel spirit just like you use oracle cards or perform mediumship, channeling, or automatic writing.

How can you have the best Ouija experience?

1. When receiving a reading conducted by the use of a Ouija board, always cleanse the board with some sage, frankincense oil, or holy water.

2. Say a prayer to invoke the highest good and channel only spirit guides.

3. Move the cruiser for the Ouija board clockwise to channel energy. To put more energy and reenergize the board, set it in the sun with crystals. On a full moon, let it charge with the moon.

4. Do not use your energy to perform a Ouija session if you feel tired, sick, or uneasy because it’s bad for your wellbeing. You should always be at your strongest.

5. Remain serious when you play Ouija and have respect. Don’t play with people that don’t take it serious, as it can create corrupt energy and the spirit might feel intimidated.

6. Always be calm when you play and if Ouija doesn’t want to answer the question, don’t push it.

7. Do not provoke spirits or ask for negative spirits and you’ll be fine.

-Many Blessings

7 Likes

Just coming in on this. I’ve just purchased a crystal tray in the design of a spirit board (made out of ceramic though), don’t know know why but I thought I’d try it with my pendulum and have a chat. Did my usual cleanse and asked for Loki’s protection. Anyways, it worked really well. The energy was stronger, the chat flowed freely, even my deity got involved, almost like the best of the pendulum board and the best of the spirit board. Just thought I’d share. :heartpulse:

5 Likes

That’s such a good idea! I’ve seen pendulum boards, but I’ve never really thought about using a ouija board as a pendulum board… :thinking: I’m glad it worked well for you!

4 Likes

That’s a powerful combo! Sounds like it worked really well for you, Tracy- thanks for passing along the tip! :blush: :pendulum: :pray:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.