Reading Auras

Hi everyone, I am currently reading The Holistic Witch by Shawn Robbins and Leanna Greenaway, and a section in one of the chapters is talking about auras and the meanings of colours in auras. I was just wondering can anyone else easily or have a talent for reading their own and other’s auras? For me i have not visually seen anything, and in saying that i haven’t tried to see my own aura yet, however when i use my third eye i imagine it being a bright light yellow to white colour. Sometimes i feel as if it is pink. I was perhaps wondering if anyone has any tips on how i can see my own or especially other’s auras? One exercise in the book says to stand in front of a full length mirror with a white background and gaze unfocused around one’s own outline and they may see a colour or two but needs practice.
Any ideas?

7 Likes

If you go through: :cyclone: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Reading Auras it will lead you to other challenge entries also:

There are some great entries & information about auras & colors in these threads!

8 Likes

Hi @TheMuslimWitch - great question - yes, as @Susurrus said, read up on everything here, it’s tons of information. One thing I know is that if you want to read an aura on yourself, you look at your hand against a white or black background, not your entire body. If you are looking to read someone else, you look at their nose and continue to focus on it again, with them against a white or black background.

I have always been able to sense and read emotions and auras. Some are dim, some are very strong, and while most if not all have a combination of colors and not just one, there is usually a predominance of one color over another. Someone’s aura could change too at any given time, so reading it once won’t always be the same over time. However, I have seen a few that are dark that actually remain dark every time I’ve seen them.

I know this doesn’t help you read auras, but just some information and my own experience and perspective. One of the techniques I used was with my children when they were growing up, I could always sense when they were getting agitated, nervous or out of their comfort zone, and was able to help them by asking questions and directing them to the words they needed to communicate with me. I also could tell what adults and situations they were comfortable/uncomfortable with by seeing how their aura responded to each person/situation. When you are an empath and you have shields up, sometimes auras are better to use in these situations to ensure you are present and picking up on subtleties and able to protect your loved ones whilst still protecting yourself.

Enjoy this journey into auras!!! :rainbow:

7 Likes

I will also share my own experience, it’s actually a challenge entry for that challenge I linked so it’s in there too… but I have to kind of not close my eyes but kind of relax them then look at someone or something against a very light or very dark background.

I have read both of my dog’s auras with practice & other people without trying, it just happened… so no idea how I managed that one… but I have never read my own nor has anyone said anything to me about my aura. :smile: I’m not sure if that last one is good or bad :rofl:

6 Likes

To me there are two different ways to read aura’s. You can do it externally and that means you can practice with a white wall behind a person and see the white area around a person. When you stare at it, not directly but a bit fuzzy the white area can change into colors and they can become very bright. Although I have seen this several times, it s not so easy for me and I have to be in a certain awareness.
The other way comes more naturally to me and this is when I feel with my hands the energy, with closed eyes and I look inside of me and there I communicate and ask for images, and translation of the energy I feel. And then often I see bright colors , images or blockages and chords as an inside movie. But always in combination with the energy I feel. I always check if I am right, and most of the time it makes sence to the people I am doing it for. You can try it by just imagine it with a trusted person and ask the higher self of the person to send you images colors and answers. Another way is to draw and color an aura field of yourself and from someone else. Try not to think, just color. And after the drawing you imagine yourself in your own aurafield and feel how this feels. Is it Natural to you? Do you want to change anything? And of course you can while imagining it. And then try the aura of the other person around you . You will feel the difference!

6 Likes

Oooh… what does seafoam green mean?

3 Likes

Thank you once again you were very helpful. I need to remember to search here first before asking :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Wow thanks for sharing your experience. Its amazing how i have been in the dark about auras. I mean i can sense how you are explaining auras but never tried to actually see someone’s aura mainly as i didn’t know there was such a thing until recently. I will try to practice on myself and family members and see where it leads me. Would be great to have this skill too as well as being an empath and having a strong intuition… :blush:

4 Likes

Would be a great time to start. I mean i am curious about other’s auras but especially mine. I mean as most of us will never think of ourselves as a dark aura but if we put our opinions aside, it may even be a dark shade meaning we are not bad we just need to work on that particular area like maybe our chakras are out of whack and need TLC… :blush:

3 Likes

This is exactly what i was trying to express, i see auras this way too never tried visually :blush: Thanks for sharing and i will try some of these great ideas here

4 Likes

MMMMM… according to the witch book i am reading it says that light green is Innocence and healing where as dark green is jealousy, resentment, greed and suspicion

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.