đź“– Spells8 Book Club XXXII (Oct 6 - Nov 3)

Welcome to all of the witchy book-lovers here in the forum!

:books: :woman_mage: :heart:

Thank you again to everyone who joined in for last month’s reading session! For those who haven’t yet shared their thoughts about their book (or anyone who enjoys reading book reviews!) you still have time to do so in :memo: Spells8 Book Club XXXI - Readers’ Reviews!

As of today, the 32nd book club reading session has now begun !

spells8 book club

On Your Mark, Get Set, READ! :books:

1. Begin by announcing your book
    The first post below is an editable wiki post- add your book title and name to the list! (instructions below)

2. Know that you have [[ 4 weeks ]] in this reading session
    While it is great if you can finish your book during this time, it is okay if you break it into chapters or sections- do as much as you can and know that doing your best is always good enough!

3. As you’re reading, feel free to share your thoughts!
    You are very welcome to share any thoughts or tidbits while you read in the comments below or in a new post in the forums. Just save the best parts for the final discussion at the end of the reading period!

4. Join the final discussion
    After four weeks, a discussion post will open encouraging all readers to share a review of their book and any personal thoughts they have about it. A mini-review is perfectly fine, and there will be a suggested format for anyone who would like to write a longer review.

From Pixabay

A note about sharing books:

While everyone is free to choose their own book, you may consider reading along with someone else ! It is fun to share thoughts and insights about different books and even more exciting to do in-depth about a book with fellow readers :handshake:

If the book you plan to read is already on the list below, add your name to the list of others reading that book! Please keep in mind that everyone will reconvene and chat together in the Reader’s Reviews discussion, regardless of which book you read :books:

Not sure what to read?

You can find book recommendations in:

And also:

Reading on a budget?

Free online books can be found in:

From Pixabay

If you have any questions about Book Club, please feel free to check the Book Club FAQ and/or ask in the comments.

Blessed be and happy reading!

:sparkles: :open_book: :sparkles:

10 Likes

~~ ~~ ~~ This post is a WIKI POST- it is editable by everyone! ~~ ~~ ~~

Please announce your books here :blush:

Example:

• Book Title by Author
    (@) your username

Out of respect to others, please only add/edit your own entry

• Llewellyn’s Little Book of Halloween by Mickie Mueller
    @Amethyst

• The Complete book of demonolatry by S Connolly
    @tracyS

• The Complete Guide To Astrology: Understanding Yourself, Your Signs, and Your Birth Chart by Louise Edington
    @Eliza_01

• DraugadrĂłttinn: Lord of the Undead by N.D. Blackwood
    @starborn

• Holistic Tarot: An Integrative Approach to Using Tarot for Personal Growth by Benebell Wen
    @BrightBear

• Witchcraft Unchained by Craig Spencer
    @MeganB

• Betwixt & Between: Exploring the Faery Tradition of Witchcraft by Storm Faerywolf
    @Jewitch

• Honoring Your Ancestors: A Guide to Ancestral Veneration by Mallorie Vaudoise
    @starborn
    @Sivonnah

12 Likes

For anyone who has trouble with adding their entry to the wiki post above, here is a step-by-step guide on how to do so:

→ How to Edit a Wiki Post (with pictures!)

If you’ve read the instructions but are still having a tough time- no stress at all! For anyone who prefers, I am happy to add you in. Just write your book title and author in a normal post and I will take care of it :blush:

Blessed be! :heart:

10 Likes

Reading on a budget list could also include sacred-texts.com

9 Likes

I took a look at the site, and what an amazing collection they have! :star_struck:

This site has no particular agenda other than promoting religious tolerance and scholarship. Views expressed at this site are solely those of specific authors, and are not endorsed by sacred-texts. Sacred-texts is not sponsored by any religious group or organzation …

The texts presented here are either original scans from books and articles clearly in the public domain, material which has been presented elsewhere on the Internet, or material included under fair use conditions in printed anthologies.

From Sacred Texts: About

It sounds like they have a great mission of helping to promote religious tolerance and free information for all, complete with copyright-free materials!

Thank you for sharing, Georgia- I will add Sacred-Texts to the list of free resources! :pray: :books:

9 Likes

Oops. Sorry about the spelling. blush

8 Likes

Ohh, I love Sacred Texts! I’ve been able to find a lot of good information there about Celtic mythology and folklore. It’s a wonderful resource for Celtic mythology as well as mythology from other cultures! :clap:

8 Likes

@georgia No worries and no problem! Thanks again for sharing, Georgia- it looks like a really great place to explore! :blush: :heart:

@MeganB That’s awesome! Hooray for more resources! :books: :two_hearts:

8 Likes

HUGE book nerd here - will look to follow and explore.

@Jewitch I just ordered Betwixt & Between: Exploring the Faery Tradition of Witchcraft used to read. I am so excited - I love learning about Faery tradition.

10 Likes

I’m excited to hear what you think about it! :slight_smile: I don’t know much about the Feri/Faery Tradition, so this book is my first real exposure to it :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

You’re in the right place- and among book-loving friends! :heart::books::blush:

7 Likes

It just dawned on me that I’m still working on The Wee Free Men that I started early July! :flushed: Going to have to get that out while my pibble is a couch potato :potato: & see if I can get back to that one.

10 Likes

Anyone starting a new book? I was hoping to read along with someone

7 Likes

I would if I could decide on one. :joy: Any you have in mind?

6 Likes

@starborn

I was thinking one of these. Might be good for Samhain?
Im open to others too

7 Likes

That’s a difficult choice. :joy: They’re both actually immediately useful to me!

I’m happy for you to pick one if you have a preference. :black_heart:

8 Likes

@starborn I was thinking the same!
How bout Honoring your Ancestors?
I have one short chapter in my current book I’m hoping to finish tonight

8 Likes

Sounds good! :smile: Agreed.

I’m 15 hours ahead of you in terms of time, so I’m currently getting through my workday. But I’ll start reading after. :grin:

8 Likes

I have two books I have to read next, both for review purposes, but I can’t start them yet :sweat_smile: I have no time right now, but I will hopefully soon! Plus, I’m listening to American Gods by Neil Gaiman right now lol I’m almost done with that one and it just took the biggest turn that I wasn’t expecting :joy: so I can’t wait to finish it!

I’m glad you were able to get with @starborn and choose a book! Honoring Your Ancestors has been on my TBR list for a bit! I hope you enjoy it!

9 Likes

@Sivonnah Not gonna lie, I totally forgot about the book. :sweat_smile:

It’s officially a post-it note on my main monitor now! These notes are the only ways I really get anything done. No amount of fancy apps or calendars or alerts/notifications/alarms achieve what post-its can. :joy:

9 Likes