Sanskrit Name: Sahasrara
- Thousand Petaled
Physical Location: At the top & center of your head
Crown Chakra on Earth Location: Mount Kailash, 22,000 ft mountain in Tibet. It’s considered the Crowned Gem of the Himalayas. Often known as the top of the world, it is also the holiest peak in the entire range.
Pituitary Gland: Hypothalamus
Organs/Regions: Brain stem, Top of the Spinal Cord, Pain Center & Nerves, Muscular System, Physical System, Skin, Cerebral Cortex, Central Nervous System
Element: Divine Consciousness, Thought
Mantra: Silence or Chanting OM (Aummm)
Essential Oils/Incense: Rosewood, Lotus Flower, Peppermint
Meditation: for the Crown Chakra is a good way to connect with this Chakra
Image Representation: a circle, 1000 petals
Deity(ies): Shiva, Saraswati, Buddha
Planets: Jupiter / Uranus
- Crown Chakra Yoga Playlist from @crystal5
- Yoga positions in which your forehead touches the ground
- Shirshasana, Rabbit Pose, Kneel & Bend forward bringing crown to the ground
Food: Organic & Fresh Fruits, Vegetables, Brown Rice, Brown Bread , Robust Broths, Eggplant , Red Grapes , Ginger Spice, Herbal Teas
Through the ages of 43 & 49 however, it develops over your lifetime, the Crown Chakra is becoming activated with spirituality. It has the capacity to control the flow of energy across the whole subtle body, much like the pituitary gland regulates hormones & their release throughout the nervous system. We are ever evolving & advancing so each new generation helps to open the gateway to higher consciousness.
The Crown Chakra controls the parts of your brain & the entire nervous system. Its critical juncture is that it is responsible for your physical, emotional, & spiritual self. It’s the center for ultimate realization. Forming connections with the formless as lifted higher into limitlessness & communion with elevated states of consciousness.
You may feel a little unsteady. Spend time thinking about the environment around you while working with crown chakra to divert your focus away from yourself.
- Lack Empathy
- Feeling of Elitism
- Disconnected with Body & Earthly matters
- Unavailability of Inspiration
- Mental Fog
- Materialistic Approach
- Cantrell, Leigh. Chakras for Beginners: A Complete Guide to the Seven Chakras, Their Importance and Their Impact on Your Life. Amazon.com Services LLC, 2021.
- Pfender, April, and Enya Todd. The Complete Guide to Chakras: Activating the 12-Chakra Energy System for Balance and Healing. Rockridge Press, 2020.
- Alcantara, Margarita, and Tom Bingham. Chakra Healing: A Beginner’s Guide to Self-Healing Techniques That Balance the Chakras. Fall River Press, 2019.
- Chauhan, Divya. “Crown Chakra (Sahasrara): Everything You Should Know About It .” Fitsri, 29 August 2019, Explore Crown Chakra (Sahasrara): Symptoms & Get It Balance- Fitsri