Merry Meet Monday - Forum News! April 12 šŸƒ

Wishing everyone a very Merry Meet Monday ! :sparkles:

Hereā€™s a peek at forum happenings this week.

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you donā€™t miss out on these events!

[ [ Group Ritual- Together with the Coven :infinity: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual and tea meditation on Thursday, April 15th - this activity is open to all members of the forum! :tea:

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last weekā€™s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect, and look for an announcement on the main page of the forum for details about this weekā€™s group ritual :hugs:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a question on your mind? The lovely @MeganB is kindly offering free readings for coven members via tarot or pendulum.

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, April 16th . You can find more information and get an idea about what to expect in last weekā€™s post .

[ [ Moon Magick this Week :waxing_crescent_moon: ] ]

With yesterdayā€™s New Moon behind us, the next cornerstone moon phase will not be until next weekā€™s First Quarter Moon on Tuesday, April 20th :first_quarter_moon:

Until the First Quarter Moon arrives next week, feel free to draw on the Waxing Moon energy as the moon fills with light in the sky :waxing_crescent_moon: . This time of the month is ideal for growth and abundance. Learn more and find appropriate spellwork on the Waxing Moon Spells page.

Waxing-Moon-Spells-Rituals-750x500

You can find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on todayā€™s moon energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

Some other non-witchy but interesting (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week:

Look ahead at more upcoming events in the Spells8 2021 Pagan Holiday and Wiccan Calendar :spiral_calendar:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These are current activities that can be joined any time before their deadlines

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyoneā€™s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: The Wizardry of Words

This challenge will close Tuesday, April 13th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift: And as always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join in the challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - the Wizardry of Words :writing_hand:

[ [ Divination Discussion :crystal_ball: ] ]

Ready to put your divination skills to the test? Hoping for feedback on your readings?

Join in for this weekā€™s Divination Discussion to gain new insights and experience different methods of divination :mag:

Ready to put your skills to the test? You can divine here: Divination Discussion :rainbow: April Insight

Be sure to get your entry in by the deadline: Wednesday, April 14th!

Happy divining! :crystal_ball:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps youā€™ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

The Energy Exchange Circle is run by the warmhearted @praecog29 and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the covenā€™s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Circle 2021 Wiki .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! A reading period for the Spells8 book club is now in session !

You can find more details and are welcome to submit your book in the current thread: :open_book: Spells8 Book Club VI (Apr 5 - May 7)

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, May 7th!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading!

New Members :wave:

A very warm welcome and merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week:

@gina3, @bethany3, @amy23, @cyrrin, @golnaz, @sammie, @alexandr, @tatiana3, @samantha27, @lesli, @jenna4, @mark2, @dora, @kristie1, @maria11, @maria12, @cassie1, @angie3, @hannah16, @jody, @mawuli, @toni3, @christina13, @Artemisia, @leandrea, @markeeta, @xavier1, @mackenzie1, @jennifer48, @priscilla1, @priscilla2, @victoria13, @catisha, @lillian1, @ojekunle, @bonnie3, @varinderjit, @billie1, @jessika, @terrie, @nikki4, @vivian2, @annette4, @leena, @pam2, @kathryn10,

If you havenā€™t done so already, please go to Introductions and say hello to your new coven by creating your first post. Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout Outs :loudspeaker:

• Bravo to @Christina4, who has written the most posts over the past seven days! :writing_hand: Your positivity and light bring welcome joy to the coven :sparkles:

• Three cheers for @Rowan, who has liked the most posts in the forum on a three-week streak! :heart: Thanks for sharing your warm heart and kind generosity :hugs:

And of course a very hearty thank you to all members of the Spells8 coven! Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world- you are all wonderful :sparkles:

What plans are on the horizon for you this week- magickal or mundane? :blush:

Give a shout to your fellow coven members and share whatā€™s on your mind in the comments below!

In springā€™s warmth and autumnā€™s chill- may you feel the love and support of your coven spreading from roots that span across the seven seas

Blessed be! :leaves: :sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

Merry Meet <3 Welcome to the community everyone :slight_smile: I have had an amazing first week with the Coven <3 I have found a home away from home <3

8 Likes

Good morning @BryWisteria! Congratulations to @christina4 & @Rowan! Great job! Glad to hear that you had a great first week @Liisa.

I donā€™t have much going on this week. I do have PT & OT on Wednesday but that is about it. I know at some point I pick up my car from the shop. Iā€™m driving a rental with Connecticut plates so my hometown is unhappy that there is a tourist around town during Covid. Itā€™s a rental! I live here! Anyway, it should be a good day & week for me. I donā€™t have much to do this week on any given day. Even today, I am just picking up the comforter from the cleaners. :rofl:

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I was at home & puttered & napped. It was a pretty quiet weekend for me.

7 Likes

Welcome, to all the new members!
Shout out to @christina4 Congrats!
Thank you to @BryWisteria for the shout-out too,:grin:.
This week I donā€™t have too much planned, just making sure to have everything for my daughterā€™s wisdom teeth surgery on the 20th.
Last night was interesting, I had a great New Moon! I was so filled with energy I was up until 4:30 this morning.
Hope everyone has a great Monday and rest of the week.
Blessed Be,

4 Likes

Congrats to @christina4 and @Rowan for the shout-out! Good job you two! And @Liisa Iā€™m very glad to hear youā€™re feeling right at home. You up to anything fun this week?

@Susurrus I hope you get your car back soon, I donā€™t want you to have any trouble. Glad your PT and OT seem to be helping you out!

@Rowan it sounds as if you had an energetic new moon, how great for you! Except for the whole not sleeping thing, that would not be fun. LOL. Get some rest sweetie!

As for me, I went to the leg doctor today. One leg is healed but the other is trying to get infected again. So they took a culture of it and Iā€™m back on antibiotics. Fun fun. Hopefully, weā€™ve got this before the infection gets worse and it gets nipped in the bud right away. Weā€™ll see.

Not much going on for me this week besides that. I hope everyone had a good weekend! @BryWisteria did you get up to anything special this weekend?

6 Likes

I hope the antibiotics work to nip it, that would be ideal @Amethyst

Thank you! I do still have to tape my hand or wear my splint sometimes but itā€™s not as bad as it once was. Iā€™ve also learned where the limit is for range of motion with that hand. The OT appointment I have on Wed is my last one, itā€™s the re-evaluation of how I have progressed then I wonā€™t be back until next year. PT I just have 3 more appointments. Then the same thing, nothing until 2022.

5 Likes

Thanks, @Susurrus! I hope it does. Sheā€™s got me taking the leftovers of one of my old meds till she knows which antibiotic I need. I had four different bottles Iā€™d been halfway through when sheā€™d switch me so I had plenty for her to choose from. LOL.

So glad youā€™re almost overdoing PT and OT. Thatā€™s great! Unless youā€™re like me and forget to do your exercises without someone pushing you. Hee!

5 Likes

Welcome all you new members! I hope you have a fine time in the coven. I hope everyone has a blessed week. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

The exercises arenā€™t that bad, I can do them as Iā€™m doing my stuff around the house. Iā€™ve been better about wearing my braces too. So that helps with the stuff I do when I go in, keeps everything learning what they are supposed to be doing, not what they want to do. :rofl:

4 Likes

The kids are still on holiday and the weather has turned nicer again so weā€™ll probably be getting on with cutting the grass and some weeding and see if we can get a day at the beach near us :slight_smile: Iā€™ve got caught the creative bug from this weekā€™s challenge as well so ill be doing more work on my BOM <3

3 Likes

Thatā€™s good! Donā€™t want your joints wandering about without you! Glad youā€™re doing better!

Sounds like a nice time to go to the beach, before it gets too crowded! Good luck with your BOM!

5 Likes

Itā€™s a tiny beach next to the river near my house so it thankfully doesnā€™t get too busy :slight_smile: Happy Tuesday everyone :slight_smile: <3 Blessed Be <3

4 Likes

So glad youā€™ve enjoyed your first week, @Liisa- we are very blessed to have you here in the forums! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

A good morning to you too, @Susurrus! :blush: Sorry about the car confusion- hopefully the neighbors will figure out itā€™s all okay soon :oncoming_automobile:

It is well-deserved, @Rowan, thanks again for all the warmth you bring! :hearts: Wishing your daughter the best of luck with her wisdom teeth surgery :pray::tooth: And yikes- glad you enjoyed the New Moon, but I hope you were able to catch some good sleep! :sleeping:

Uh-oh, sorry to hear about your leg troubles @Amethyst. Good for you for going in right away to get it taken care of- I hope it is resolved and back to full health asap! :raised_hands:

Wishing you a blessed week as well, @colin! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Youā€™re sweet for asking, @Amethyst :blush: Itā€™s pretty quiet around here, but my partner and I did get a breath of fresh air at a botanic garden not too far away from where we live! Lots of things are closed due to the lockdown, but luckily places like parks and gardens still seem to be open and safe to visit.

Not too many plants blooming yet, so the highlight of the trip was some very cute guinea pigs nibbling on their lunch :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Sounds nice @Liisa! Have some fun for me!

Thanks, love! Iā€™m going to get this leg healed if I have to drag it to healing kicking and screaming! LOL.

OMG! ~SQUEE~ Lookit the little guinea pigs! Thatā€™s so cute! Thanks for sharing! At least you got out of the house and did something cool. Thatā€™s great!

4 Likes

Nothing but old news here! To find out whatā€™s happening this week, visit Activities to find and post your thoughts in the current Merry Meet Monday.