Merry Meet Monday - Forum News! January 25th 🌕

A warm welcome and very Merry Meet Monday to all ! :heart:

Here’s the latest about upcoming events and forum news:

:heart_decoration: :heart_decoration: :heart_decoration: :heart_decoration: :heart_decoration: :heart_decoration: :heart_decoration: :heart_decoration: :heart_decoration: :heart_decoration: :heart_decoration: :heart_decoration: :heart_decoration: :heart_decoration: :heart_decoration: :heart_decoration: :heart_decoration: :heart_decoration: :heart_decoration: :heart_decoration: :heart_decoration: :heart_decoration: :heart_decoration: :heart_decoration: :heart_decoration: :heart_decoration: :heart_decoration: :heart_decoration:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these events!

[ [ Moon Phase: Full Moon :full_moon: ] ]

Depending on your location, you will be blessed by the light of this moon phase tonight- Thursday, January 28th

You can find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

Full-Moon-Magic-Spells-Witchcraft

The full moon is a celebrated time where the energy of the moon is at it’s most powerful. Now is a wonderful time to charge, cleanse, and absorb the potent energies of the moon. For inspiration, visit What to Do During the Full Moon :star_struck:

The January Full Moon is called The Wolf Moon :wolf:- check out the Wolf Moon Ritual and Spell for more information and spellwork ideas:

Full-Wolf-Moon-Spell-Witchcraft-750x500

Check out the discussion Wolf Moon, Coming Soon and learn more about the unique meaning of each full moon in What’s in a Full Moon Name? :full_moon:

[ [ Group Ritual- Together with the Coven :handshake:] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual and tea meditation on Thursday, January 28th - this activity is open to all members of the forum! :coffee:

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect, and look for an announcement on the main page of the forum for details about this week’s group ritual :hugs:

[ [ Upcoming Astronomical Events :milky_way: ] ]

Take a look up above and peer into the great beyond- the celestial heavens have a lot in store for us this week!

To learn about the numerous upcoming astronomical events this week, check out the Astrological Highlights for the Week Ahead in this lovely post by @Abs53:

WC 25th January Full Moon in Leo, Mercury Retrogrades in Aquarius

[ [ Holiday Heads Up! :eyes:] ]

Next Monday, February 1st marks the special Sabbat Imbolc :seedling: for those in the Northern Hemisphere.

Imbolc-Wiccan-Solitary-Ritual-Celebration

Friends in the Southern Hemisphere will celebrate Lughnasadh/Lammas :ear_of_rice:

What-is-Lughnasadh-750x500

More information on these exciting holidays will come in next week’s Merry Meet Monday- you can also visit Wheel of the Year to learn more about the 8 Pagan Sabbats :wheel_of_dharma:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

Some other non-witchy but interesting (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week:

Look ahead at more upcoming events in the Spells8 2021 Pagan Holiday and Wiccan Calendar :spiral_calendar:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These are current activities that can be joined any time before their deadlines

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Of the Element Air :wind_face:

This challenge will close Tuesday, January 26th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift: And as always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join in the challenge here: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Of the Element Air :wind_face:

[ [ Divination Discussion :crystal_ball: ] ]

Ready to put your divination skills to the test? Hoping for feedback on your readings? Join in for this week’s Divination Discussion to gain new insights and experience different methods of divination :mag:

Ready to put your skills to the test? You can divine here: Divination Discussion :heart: Muddy Waters

Be sure to get your entry in by the deadline: Wednesday, February 3rd !

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

The Energy Exchange Circle is a way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Circle 2021 Wiki .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! A reading period for the Spells8 book club is now in session !

You can find more details and are welcome to submit your book in the current thread: :open_book: Spells8 Book Club IV (January 22nd - February 19th)

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, February 19th!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction.

Happy Reading!

New Members :wave:

A very warm welcome and merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week:

@chasity, @taylor13, @paige3, @Pookie, @kimberly22, @katrina2, @shaniya, @catie, @Fluffi2, @cj11, @nicole22, @alisia1, @elsa, @david3, @neida, @jessica43, @crystal15, @jeanne1, @alexander1, @jennifer42, @criston, @francheska, @kaycee, @deblin, @aysegul, @shade, @brandy, @kayse1, @tiffany14, @carojflorez, @dalton2, @charli, @christiana2, @michal, @marsha, @jessica44, @erin10, @daetrelle, @jela, @nonkululeko, @mandi1, @ben, @tammy8, @dashonay, @kari2, @kristen3, @christopher6, @txwyldflower, @victoria12

If you haven’t done so already, feel free to go to Introductions and create your first post. Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :mega:

• A cheery thanks to @Christina4 for writing the most posts in the forum over the past week :writing_hand: Your informative posts and endless wisdom are always a delight to read- we are lucky to be able to learn from you! :pray:

• Oodles of love back to @Berta for liking the most posts in the forum- on a 3-week-streak! :heart: We are blessed to have your warm heart here- thank you for the love and kindness that you spread :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

And of course a very hearty thank you must be said to all members of the Spells8 coven! Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world- you are all wonderful :sparkles:

With a Full Wolf Moon and holidays in sight, it is sure to be an exciting week! What plans are waiting for you in the coming days? :full_moon: :partying_face:

Give a shout to your fellow coven members and share what’s on your mind in the comments below!

Wrap yourself in warmth, love, and light to carry you through the waning days of the season

Blessed be! :sparkles:

7 Likes

Congratulations to @berta :clap:t3::clap:t3::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::two_hearts:

7 Likes

Congrats, @christina4 and @berta! :star_struck:

I love the full moon. I plan on sharing something I shared on my Facebook last month.

My only plans this week are candles for my friends on Spells8 and filing taxes. (I get money back. Woohoo!)

4 Likes

Congratulations to @christina4 and @berta! Great jobs!

I’m struggling with chaotic/panicky anxiety the last few days, so I haven’t been able to focus long enough to check in. I’m feeling a lot better today. I took a day to just stay in bed because it’s cold & I don’t have any appointments today. I do start PT and OT this week too. My shoulder is a lot better since I was on the prednisone & my hand has felt better too.

I hope everyone has great week. I’m working on learning about the different signs & reading my birth chart. My moon & rising are intriguing to me and who I am. I’ve realized a few signs are quite popular with me. I’m enjoying learning about them.

3 Likes

Congratulations to @christina4 and @berta! Way to go ladies!

Good luck filing taxes @praecog29! It’s that time of year again, eh?

I’m sorry you haven’t been feeling good @Susurrus, hopefully, you’ll get to feeling better soon. Anxiety is a pain in the butt. I’m glad the prednisone shot has helped though. That’s good.

As for me, I just got finished my first day with my new Helper! She was nice and figured out I’m Wiccan and didn’t throw a fit. She dusted and vacuumed and changed my bedding and we mainly sat here and chatted. Got to know each other some. She’s pretty nice and I’m easy going so I think it’ll work well.

The cat isn’t sure what’s happening yet. He’ll get used to it!

Not up to much this week myself, no doctor appointments or anything. I plan on doing something for the Wolf Moon this week, so that’ll be nice.

Hope y’all are having a good week!

3 Likes

Ohhh nooo tax time! :scream_cat: But it helps a lot if you are expecting a nice refund- good luck with filing, @praecog29! :raised_hands: I wonder if there are any spells out there to help with taxes- maybe making the process a bit less stressful :laughing:

Sorry it’s been a tough few days for you, @Susurrus- glad you are feeling better now! :heart: That is fun you are delving deeper into the exciting world of horoscopes :milky_way: Have fun with your learning!

Congrats again on your new helper, @Amethyst- it sounds like you already get along wonderfully! I am so happy to hear it :blush: I am sure your kitty will warm up to the new presence eventually- and I bet he will appreciate the extra squeaky-clean space to nap and play :cat: :two_hearts:

We’ve got another dose of snowy-rain here in Warsaw with a side of grey skies. Spring really can’t come fast enough! :laughing: It’s a very low-key week around here as well. My plans involve the usual work and studying for an upcoming school exam next week :nerd_face:

Hope everyone is doing well- wishing you all a very happy Tuesday! :sparkles:

4 Likes

I hope everyone’s week starts to get better! I am doing a lot better today than I was over the last few days.

@praecog29 I also filed my taxes last night, they won’t be accepted until February 12 is what it told me & I can’t file my state yet, but they are done!

3 Likes

Yeppers, I figure he’ll get used to her. She vacuumed yesterday and got his cat tree so I bet he’ll like it once he gets over the shock of having the vacuum run. We’re going shopping today, so I can show her what I like and things like that. It’ll be a big help not having to climb down off the bus and carry in everything at once in one hand!

It’s almost spring! It’s been grey and rainy here too! Snow tomorrow night. But it won’t be long until the snow slows down. Good luck with your test next week!

So glad you’re doing better @Susurrus! :hugs:

3 Likes

I am happy you are doing today. I keep many of you on my mind and in my heart everyday.

I was told by my tax software that I had to wait until this week but I know it won’t be accepted until the middle of February regardless. Oh well. At least I don’t owe anything. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Same here, I didn’t owe anything but it won’t be accepted until February 12 is what it told me. That’s okay, the hard part is done. It’s the waiting that will get to me though.

Today is much better than the last few. I had panic & anxiety for a few days. I’m not even sure about what or what triggered it. I got through it alright, just didn’t leave my couch for those days. I did a lot of journaling because the thoughts wouldn’t stop. Now I am getting back to my routine around the house so it doesn’t look like a tornado ripped through it.

3 Likes

Congrats on finishing your taxes (or at least as much as you can do for the moment) @Susurrus! :clap: Wishing you the best of luck with your cleaning routine- you go, girl! :broom: :raised_hands:

Ohhh until February, @praecog29? I sent mine in with TurboTax. If I remember correctly, they seemed to think I’d hear back by the end of January. Still haven’t heard anything, though- so perhaps I’m waiting for February too! Any fun shopping plans for your refund? :grin::money_with_wings:

Cheers to that, @Amethyst- looks like we’ve got similar weather! The skies opened up and big fluffy snowflakes are falling now. It’s pretty- I just hope it doesn’t make the ground a slip-n-slide! :laughing: :snowflake:

2 Likes

@BryWisteria I did mine with Turbo Tax and they said that it wouldn’t be able to be accepted until February 12 this year. I think the pandemic and stimulus payments are what’s affecting it. I can’t file my state through e-file at all yet, it says that I have to wait for MA to finish it’s whatever it’s doing right now for the taxes.

We got a few inches of snow last night that was supposed to be a coating to less than an inch. Now we are cleaning off cars & I just saw my neighbor shoveling his driveway.

I have my first OT appointment today at 12:30, so I’m going to have to do it before then. I just don’t want to go outside right now. It looks pretty though, I will say that about the snowfall. I love when it first falls & everything has a blanket of snow on it.

2 Likes

We’re supposed to get one to three inches overnight. Just enough to make things a pain in the butt, but not cancel everything. I’m just glad I don’t have to take out the trash!

Anymore our weather people almost always overestimate it. For a while, they were saying it wouldn’t be much and it would be like, six to eight inches, and everything would be bitching at them. So they’re saying it might be more just to cover their butts!

Be careful going out, hon! You don’t want to miss OT because you were being picked up by the ambulance! Wishing you lots of luck with OT!

3 Likes

I will, I’m excited because they will be making my custom brace soon. Today is the evaluation for what I can & can’t do & range of motion. All of the fun stuff. I will probably get started on a couple of exercises that I can do by myself.

I will let you know how it goes. I believe that Friday is my first PT appointment. I have to remember to get a schedule of the appointments. They had changed a bunch of them after I wrote them down. So I’m going to get the printout & adjust the ones I have & add the extra ones.

3 Likes

Yeah, I was reevaluated today for my PT. I’m getting better! So that’s good. I hope your braces are working out well, I saw on Facebook that you got them! Too bad your PT can’t come to you. That would help you a lot.

3 Likes

I think you’re right, @Susurrus! I double-checked my return and it is still saying “Late January” for an expected review, but it’s looking more and more like February is more likely! :laughing:

And I agree- that pure moment when everything is covered in a white blanket is so lovely to see :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: But the shoveling? Not as a nice :joy: Good luck, girl!

Ohhh that is a good bit of snow! Hopefully it didn’t make anything difficult for you or your helper. If the sun comes out, it may melt on its own pretty soon! :sun_with_face:

2 Likes

Yesterday wasn’t bad, the braces worked & I remembered to use my putty!

It’s snowing here again. I don’t know how much we are supposed to get but it’s supposed to be off & on all day. I just walked outside & turned around to come back in. This weather gets into my hips & back & I just don’t want to move. So I have my music on & I’m hanging out on the computer for a while.

2 Likes

My helper got here okay and I’m hoping she got home okay. It was cold all day so I don’t know how good the roads are. She doesn’t live far away though so that’s good.

Hope your day was a good one!

3 Likes

Nothing but old news here! To find out what’s happening this week, visit Activities to find and post your thoughts in the current Merry Meet Monday.