Merry Meet Monday - Forum News! July 19 🦌

Wishing everyone a very Merry Meet Monday ! :deer:

Here’s a peek at exciting happenings this week:

[ [ Group Ritual- Together with the Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat on Thursday, July 22nd - this activity is open to all members of the forum :tea:

This activity has two parts- you are welcome to join one or both!

• a group ritual with step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day
  • a scheduled hour-long Zoom chat to meet and greet fellow coven members

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

Keep an eye out for an upcoming announcement on the main page of the forum for more details about this week’s group ritual :hugs:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking:

Now is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings for coven members via tarot or oracle! :crystal_ball:

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, July 23rd . For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out last week’s Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Moon Phase: Full Moon :full_moon: ] ]

Depending on your location, you will be blessed by the light of this moon phase on Saturday, July 24th .

Full-Moon-Magic-Spells-Witchcraft

The full moon is a celebrated time where the energy of the moon is at it’s most powerful. Now is a wonderful time to charge, cleanse, and absorb the potent energies of the moon.

For inspiration, visit What to Do During the Full Moon .

Full-Buck-Moon-Ritual-Celebration

The full moon of July is called the Full Buck Moon :deer: and symbolizes the peak of the summer. This moon is all about fulfillment, success, and a connection with our Higher selves. Explore the ritual and learn more about this moon on the Spells8 Full Buck Moon Ritual Page :sparkles:

You can also learn more about the unique meaning of each full moon in What’s in a Full Moon Name? :full_moon:

Find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Holiday Heads Up! :eyes:] ]

Not this Sunday, but next Sunday, August 1 marks the Sabbat Lughnasadh / Lammas :bread: for those in the Northern Hemisphere.

What-is-Lughnasadh

Friends in the Southern Hemisphere will celebrate Imbolc :seedling:

Imbolc-Wiccan-Solitary-Ritual-Celebration

More information on these exciting holidays will come in next week’s Merry Meet Monday- you can also visit Wheel of the Year to learn more about the 8 Pagan Sabbats :wheel_of_dharma:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

:spiral_calendar: For more about upcoming pagan events, you can check the Spells8 2021 Pagan Holiday Calendar, the list of Magical Days for Your Planner , and the Spells8 Email Newsletter.

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These are current activities that can be joined any time before their deadlines

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Beauty Magick :rose:

Beauty Magick Challenge

This challenge will close Tuesday, July 20th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift: And as always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join the challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - Beauty Magick :rose:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Energy Exchange

The Energy Exchange Circle is run by the warmhearted @praecog29 and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Circle 2021 Wiki .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

New Coven Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@nina4, @tina10, @maletina, @anjelica1, @andrea28, @DaSouthernBruja, @tina11, @aurora1, @ecenur, @lulu, @angel8, @andrea29, @angela26, @marizela, @krystal3, @cassandra2, @Lila_Hexe, @christina16, @patrycja, @amelia1, @sabrina8, @yeung, @lisa35, @victoria15, @erin12, @naomi2, @Moonsong, @chasity3, @grace6, @janell, @tracie4, @MyLyn, @caroline3, @mariehanna, @heather31, @david5, @laurie6, @emily25, @william3, @beth5

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category. Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout Outs :loudspeaker:

• Many thanks to @Amethyst for sharing the most hearts and contributing the most posts in the forum- on a two-week streak! :heart: :writing_hand: The coven is blessed to have your positive energy and welcoming presence :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

And of course a very hearty thank you to all members of the Spells8 coven :infinite_roots: !

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world- thanks for being you! :sparkles:

Working some Full Moon Magick? :full_moon: Any plans in place for the upcoming Sabbat? :pray:

Give a shout out to your fellow coven members and feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below!

Blessed be! :deer::sparkles:

10 Likes

Shout out to @Amethyst :clap::revolving_hearts: :hibiscus: yay for both!!!

@BryWisteria now, I’ll get to use my gold candle :candle::sparkles: :sweat_smile: I’m certainly doing the Buck Moon Spell that calls for a gold candle.

7 Likes

Congrats @Amethyst!

Man, I have a lot of planning to do! Full moon this week, Lammas next week!

Welcome to all the new members as well!

8 Likes

Aww, thank you so much @BryWisteria, for the honor, and many thanks to @christina4 and @Amaris_Bane!

I plan on doing the Buck Moon ritual but want to do something different for Lughnasadh. What I don’t know. I’ll have to think about it.

Guess what you guys! I have a week with no doctor appointments! Yay!

9 Likes

Congrats again @Amethyst :partying_face:

7 Likes

Congrats, @Amethyst!

This week I’m getting three more tattoos :upside_down_face: while visiting friends back home. My guess is my time with them is growing shorter as I begin to look for new opportunities away from home. I’m seeing both of my best friends, spending time with my kids, and drinking enough Starbucks to fill a pool. :sweat_smile: (I miss Starbucks!)

Wishing you all the best life can bring this week.

8 Likes

This should be an interesting week for me. If they don’t cancel the trial, I’m supposed to go to the county courthouse tomorrow morning to potentially be picked to serve as a petit juror. I’m really hoping I don’t get picked.

I know that a jury is part of a fair trial and being judged by your peers, but laws have gotten incredibly complex over the years. I once read that when someone took an insurance company to court to sue them, the defense spent most trial’s days explaining to the jury insurance company’s policies. Now, if you have to spend that much time explaining to a jury (the majority who probably don’t want to be there and aren’t as educated in the law as a lawyer or judge) how things work, doesn’t that say that “your peers” probably aren’t always the best for deciding someone’s fate?

Moving on, I’m excited for Lughnasadh! It was my first Sabbat. The ritual I did helped me to relax when COVID cases were rising in my area and I had to work more hours. This year, I’m thinking of making my own pickles out of the cucumbers from my parents’ garden. It looks like they’re going to get a lot these year with all the rain we’ve been having.

Have a blessed week!

7 Likes

Congratulations to @Amethyst! Great job! :star2:

I have my appointment with the hand surgeon tomorrow morning at 11AM to see if there is anything that can be done for my right hand. I feel a procedure coming on due to the results of my MRI last week.

We have 2 trips planned for mid-August & Labor Day weekend that I am really excited about, so nothing will happen until at least September regarding my hand.

The County Fair starts today in my town for the next week. So the roads will be busy! Native travel for the rest of the week. Between beachgoers & the fair, it’s going to be hard to move. :joy:

6 Likes

Thank you my dear! And thank you for the reading on Friday. You were right, I didn’t want the medical side, just to know if I could work with them. I’ll try to trust a bit more. Thank you again!

4 Likes

Thanks, @praecog29! And good luck with the tattoos! Have fun at Starbucks!

Thank you, sweetie! And good luck with the hand doctor.

4 Likes

Woohoo for breaking out the gold candles, @Christina4! Enjoy your Buck Moon ritual :yellow_heart:

Congrats on no doctors appointments this week @Amethyst- enjoy a relaxing week :blush:

Three more tattoos is very exciting, @praecog29- wishing you the best of luck with getting them done! Enjoy your visits and some treats at Starbucks as well :yum:

Yikes, @Kasandra- that sounds really complex! Hopefully you won’t have to be part of the jury :pray: Making pickles sounds like a wonderful Lammas activity- enjoy! :cucumber:

I hope the hand surgeon appointment went okay @Susurrus :pray: Your trips are coming up fast- you must be super excited! :grin:

Hope everyone’s week is off to a wonderful start!

5 Likes

They canceled the trial! :grin: Praise the Lord and Lady! Hopefully, I won’t get called out again for the remainder of my service period.

5 Likes

I’m so happy for you @Kasandra! Have a great day!

5 Likes

I’ve got an orange candle with gold sparkles on it that I received as part of this month’s Wonky Broomstick subscription box. That’s close enough isn’t it?

5 Likes

That’s great! Although I always figured I’d get out of jury duty by saying that I’d be great at it after watching every episode of Murder She Wrote and Law and Order. Figured that would scare them off!

Sounds close enough to me! :sparkles:

6 Likes

Congratulations :fireworks: and Happy Moon Day! :last_quarter_moon_with_face::new_moon::first_quarter_moon_with_face:
Amethyst!!!:kiss:
I am so happy :blush: for you!
Thanks for all your likes and dedication to the coven! You have always been a great friend when in need! You are always there for everyone and I just wanted to say thank you!
Blessed be✨
Jeannie

6 Likes

Aww, thank you @Jeannie1! You’re very sweet and are a good friend yourself!

6 Likes

Congrats, @Kasandra! :partying_face: Enjoy your free time!

Gold sparkles sounds perfect to me @IrisW- I bet the candle is going to look gorgeous when it’s lit! :candle: :star_struck:

7 Likes

You’re welcome :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m hoping it was helpful for you!

7 Likes

It was! Thanks again!

7 Likes